フォーラム » FFXI » General » December 2017 Version Update
December 2017 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
By clearlyamule 2017-12-11 17:08:44  
Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
On that note, it's time for a block.
It always surprised me how many people haven't done that already
eliroo said: »
Doesn't Decoy shot work on the puppet? I may be misnformed but couldn't the Gandiva RNG just decoy shot, AM, Camo and just spam autos for pretty good damage while transfering hate to the automaton?

Also with like 2-3 RNGs using Decoy shot the hate should stick pretty well correct?
Doesn't work on pets. Party member only as specified in the game text.

Edit: a non relic way of generating low hate is going with a magic set up and WF/TF. They generate pretty low hate on par with relic ws in terms of dmg/enmity. And as crazy as it sounds I've done /drg before lol
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-12-11 17:40:23  
clearlyamule said: »
Edit: a non relic way of generating low hate is going with a magic set up and WF/TF. They generate pretty low hate on par with relic ws in terms of dmg/enmity. And as crazy as it sounds I've done /drg before lol

Yup, I dig my Armageddon for TF/WF spam for that very reason, and I usually parse well and don't run into many enmity issues. Way better damage than Anni, way less enmity issues than a Last Stand spamming Fomalhaut RNG COR. And hey, my AM3 triple damage normal crits are pretty great for Decoy Shot.

Pretty good compromise if you're using ranged setups for the purpose of trying to stay safe and keep people out of AoE range while doing damage.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-12-11 18:28:34  
Bahamut.Agerine said: »
Asura.Gotenn said: »
*Stumbles in* Is this the PUP thread? must be, musta missed that update thread on the way over here.

Anyone tested to see if SE fixed the personal loot drop in Dyna?

Doin a LS run in Sandy tonight so ill try to remember to report back here with info.
Last 2 runs I got 0 Personal drops so I hope its changed.

I recall they said that everyone would get the first win bonus again because they were changing how the win flag was stored. So we won't know for sure until 3~ days from now.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
サーバ: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2017-12-11 18:47:22  
Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
*Stumbles in* Is this the PUP thread? must be, musta missed that update thread on the way over here.

Doin a LS run in Sandy tonight so ill try to remember to report back here with info.

I recall they said that everyone would get the first win bonus again because they were changing how the win flag was stored. So we won't know for sure until 3~ days from now.

I posted this back in the middle of the PUP fight, but it musta got lost in that mess.

Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
I got 3 medals and 11 cards from the statue boss tonight, so I would say it's probably fixed.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-11 18:57:36  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

Yup, I dig my Armageddon for TF/WF spam for that very reason, and I usually parse well and don't run into many enmity issues. Way better damage than Anni, way less enmity issues than a Last Stand spamming Fomalhaut RNG COR. And hey, my AM3 triple damage normal crits are pretty great for Decoy Shot.

Pretty good compromise if you're using ranged setups for the purpose of trying to stay safe and keep people out of AoE range while doing damage.

TF generates exactly the same amount of hate as any other damage WS, and if it's used to end a light SC off a Fusion WS then the SC damage is also attributed to the RNG. Doing several 50K TF's to 99K lights easily has our RNG pulling hate off the real tanks, much less a ***tank. WF on the other hand generates the same base enmity based on damage but it's TP effect then reduces it's enmity and can be pretty significant past 2K TP.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-12-11 19:14:26  
Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »

I posted this back in the middle of the PUP fight, but it musta got lost in that mess.

I got 3 medals and 11 cards from the statue boss tonight, so I would say it's probably fixed.

Yeah, but like I said, they reset the flag so everyone will get the personal loot the first time and if it's everyone's first time, that always worked, even before the patch. What needs to be tested is once you've already beat it the first time, will you get personal loot if you beat it a second time with first timers in the group.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-12-11 19:23:04  
Asura.Saevel said: »

TF generates exactly the same amount of hate as any other damage WS

That's not true; enmity gain for an elemental weaponskill is determined before factoring in multipliers like MAB and affinity.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-11 19:30:57  
Siren.Kyte said: »

That's not true; enmity gain for an elemental weaponskill is determined before factoring in multipliers like MAB and affinity.

Ok I'll give you that, I was thinking about WS's with special enmity mechanics like Coronach or Wildfire.
By clearlyamule 2017-12-11 19:54:10  
Siren.Kyte said: »

This guy knows what's up. God took forever to figure out what was going on though when testing wf before we knew that lol
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-12-11 21:02:38  
The level of exceptionalism on display here is mind boggling. Ignoring the
complex and totally irrefutable
argument being put forth by our resident basket case, the original statement was saying that PUP is a great tank, not that PUP is the best tank. It's outright absurd to even be saying which tank it the best when the original statement wasn't even claiming that PUP is the best.

Christ sakes, can we have a reading comprehension test before we're able to post on the forums Rooks?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-12-11 21:17:46  
Oh hai guys. Looking for info. on update and ambuscade. Anyone seen it?
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2017-12-11 21:30:46  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Christ sakes, can we have a reading comprehension test before we're able to post on the forums Rooks?

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-12-11 21:36:20  
wasn't ready for that, holy ***
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-12-12 01:30:44  
Naw he drops Egoist's Tathlum and Frenzy Fife
[+]
By eliroo 2017-12-12 08:10:18  
Naw he drops Egoist's Tathlum and Frenzy Fife

And at least 2 Rock Salts.
By zaxtiss 2017-12-12 08:19:18  
hmmm does anyone think they should have put +3/4 call beast on BST gloves?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-12 08:22:15  
I was shocked they didn't. Had to go back and check and confirm the original reforge was only 2. Wonder what the reasoning for not allowing the higher cap was.
 Asura.Umopepisdn
By Asura.Umopepisdn 2017-12-12 08:28:51  
I was hoping they'd get pet lvl+ to break 119, like smn and pup have.
By zaxtiss 2017-12-12 08:44:41  
Asura.Umopepisdn said: »
I was hoping they'd get pet lvl+ to break 119, like smn and pup have.
agreed i guess they think it would be to OP :/
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-12 09:26:22  
Well it's probably intended but should wait for someone to actually spend a billion gil upgrading it to test it out. Perhaps it's a typo (it isn't).
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-12 09:46:51  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I was shocked they didn't. Had to go back and check and confirm the original reforge was only 2. Wonder what the reasoning for not allowing the higher cap was.
I think it's because of how the original ability used to work, anachronistic standards but they would need to update that before offering an updated bonus.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-12 09:50:21  
I rememeber reading that the cap was 119 regardless of merits or hands. You couldn't exceed that even if you stacked merits. So wouldn't Call Beast +3/4 only mean that lower level pets can reach cap easier and not exceed the cap? Just wondering, I'm only a little familiar with Call Beast mechanics.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-12-12 10:16:13  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I rememeber reading that the cap was 119 regardless of merits or hands. You couldn't exceed that even if you stacked merits. So wouldn't Call Beast +3/4 only mean that lower level pets can reach cap easier and not exceed the cap? Just wondering, I'm only a little familiar with Call Beast mechanics.

kinda. they changed it to this. However, when level 99 jug pets were first released, they had an issue with them spawning a few levels above intended cap. I'm pretty sure it would be quite easy to make this call beast +3/4 work as desired by above posters.

It would also have the side effect of reclaiming several pets from obscurity. Falcorr would become a bigger thing. So would getting Raphie maybe lynx and a few other pets closer to 119.
 Leviathan.Vedder
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-12-12 10:32:28  
Asura.Cair said: »

wasn't ready for that, holy ***
Best part of this thread so far even my wife laughed at it loo
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-12-12 10:35:52  
You have to remember that call beast normally summons pets 0-2 levels lower than they can be. That +2 just eliminates that range not change it to 0-2 levels higher . The way it works now not sure a +3 would actually do anything
 Asura.Umopepisdn
By Asura.Umopepisdn 2017-12-12 11:17:42  
Just makes more pets summunable at 119 right? off the top of my head that would include the HQ 115 jugs like the beetle,crab,fly, etc no? 119 diremite maybe? (edit: forgot about affinity... no clue what options this opens lul)
By clearlyamule 2017-12-12 11:32:54  
BA is what increases caps.

Call beast +1 just changes the 0-2 levels below your level/cap that normally happens to 0-1 below and call beast +2 changes it so pet will always be your level/capped.

However that penalty doesn't even exist for ilvl pets so call beast + does literally nothing as is anyways so having more would just be extra useless
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-12 11:34:29  
The could just release a piece of relic +2 that has :Pet Level +1. I assume it may function the same way the PUP cape and SMN ammo does, applied after the pet is called with an iLVL weapon.
By clearlyamule 2017-12-12 11:48:40  
Problem is how they implemented ilvl. For pup and smn it's a specific ammo that effectively already is giving lvl +. Which has also allowed to make more with even more increased stats

For drg and bst it's still checking your level just now compares random mainhand weapon. And then bst is still tied to the stupidness that is level caps and BA.

It's things like this is why some people were asking SE to eliminate the whole cap system and just make it more in line with other pet jobs due to problems it caused but SE choose the shortsighted route. Though I'm sure if asked they'd cite some lame excuse about how OP giving +levels to charmed pets is or something lol
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9