Random Politics & Religion #18

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #18
Random Politics & Religion #18
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 65 66 67
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-18 17:22:25  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Viciouss said: »
We don't have an edit button because of him, and we haven't gotten it back because of him.

To be fair, if there hadn't been excessive whining about his usage of it then we never would have lost it. In my opinion, people were making a mountain out of a molehill, so to speak. I think it would have made more sense to ban individuals from using the button than punishing everyone, but whatever.
I still don't understand/remember what the hubbub was in the first place.

What was so bad that the edit button had to be removed?

Beats me. I was there when some of it went down and I still can't figure out what the big deal was.
Well, let's take a leaf out of the oppositions book and protest/riot on the streets for our edit button back.

I always need a new pair of sneakers.

I'll call George Soros for funding.
[+]
By crimsondragon 2017-01-18 17:23:01  
crimsondragon said: »
Guess I am getting banned for people saying I am this altimomega person. Been fun talking to you guys.
You gave yourself away there.

Nobody said his full name. Just his nickname.

The vyre mod dude told me. I guess I have 24 hours to talk to rooks.
You are doomed.

You should know though. Your posting pattern, your viewpoints, your retorts, your grammar, they are all going against you.

I, at the very least, fooled everyone for several months posting before it was known I was Korpg, and even then, I told a few people beforehand (mods mostly).

Are you stalking me? I didn't even know I had a posting pattern, it's basically w/e I have 10-15 minutes. The rest is kinda strange since you and several other posters all line up.

Asura.Saevel said: »
Guess I am getting banned for people saying I am this altimomega person. Been fun talking to you guys.

Huh. Given Altima's reputation, I'd figured that they would wait for the inevitable misbehavior before pulling the trigger. I guess talking crap about Obama is enough to remove reasonable doubt?

Anyone who doesn't show approved liberal / progressive political views is in gross violation of the forums rules.

This is because the progressives on here will gang up on, troll, bait and report anyone who doesn't agree with them as a form of silence. The mods got inundated with tons of stuff and it's very bothersome to constantly clear these things so after enough reports they just pull the trigger to save themselves the bother. I've seen this behavior from overworked moderators before at a MUCH better funded (like professionally funded) website with trained community managers and a moderator stuff over a hundred, of which I'm a senior member of. It's just how the majority of those on this political forum abuse the system.

Makes sense. Like 5 people called me altima instead of actually responding to my point. The people that didn't call me altima are the ones that agree with me.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-18 17:23:58  
Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Maybe if I actually tried to work with Republicans and met in the middle somewhere or at least moved forward on areas of agreement.
Are you actually saying that Obama never attempted to compromise with the republicans in congress throughout the last 8 years? Not his fault they have been acting like spoiled children.

Obama: Eat all your vegetables and you get dessert.
Congress: No vegetables, and two desserts.
Obama: 2 bites of veggies and one dessert.
Congrass: *throws plate on floor* Wah! You are being so unfair!

That's not what happened ....

President Obama was elected as a populist to the most politically demanding position in the USA, even though he had absolutely zero experience wrangling the snakes we call politicians. He came in and actually believed they would work with him because he was the President and that Democrats had heaped laurels on this head for the great achievement of being not-white black. He got into congress and it was a ***show like no other, he couldn't get a damn thing done because everyone wanted something different and he didn't know how to play the game. Eventually his own party leadership took him aside and let him in on the deal, that he would get absolutely zero support unless he adhered to the agenda they crafted for the-next-president him prior to his candidacy. He followed suit and thus we have the last 6+ years of him just being a puppet for his own party.

Personally I think President Obama is a good guy who honestly wanted to change things. He wasn't incompetent or stupid, just extremely inexperienced and bit off far too much. Barrack Obama had never had to bribe, extort, threaten, black mail, intimidate, or make unpopular deals before, and those are the bread and butter tools of politicians. Without those tool sets nobody, of any political ideology, will be able to manage the nightmare that is our bicameral political system.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-01-18 17:25:48  
Wait, are you saying there wasn't (note to current mods, past tense) an obvious liberal bias on this website for years? That certain mods didn't play favoritism (well, at least one still does)? That certain mods didn't specifically bend the rules for some while enforce even the smallest dissidence against others?

You might as well say that Mother Jones is an honest, impartial source.
The important thing is you found a way to feel personally victimized.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-18 17:28:02  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Wait, are you saying there wasn't (note to current mods, past tense) an obvious liberal bias on this website for years? That certain mods didn't play favoritism (well, at least one still does)? That certain mods didn't specifically bend the rules for some while enforce even the smallest dissidence against others?

The important thing is you found a way to feel personally victimized.
Sorry I took that away from you, you were holding on to that for sooooo long.
[+]
By Ackeron 2017-01-18 17:29:06  
Edits caused a few problems here and some users took advantage of those problems.

Without naming names a few troublesome users did this quite a bit. The removal of the edit option in P&R has actually cut down on issues from here, also it's still really funny watching you all complain about it. It won't be making a return any time soon.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-18 17:29:16  
Are you stalking me? I didn't even know I had a posting pattern, it's basically w/e I have 10-15 minutes. The rest is kinda strange since you and several other posters all line up.
If you are observant, you can tell people's posting patterns.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-18 17:30:09  
Anyone who doesn't show approved liberal / progressive political views is in gross violation of the forums rules.

This is because the progressives on here will gang up on, troll, bait and report anyone who doesn't agree with them as a form of silence. The mods got inundated with tons of stuff and it's very bothersome to constantly clear these things so after enough reports they just pull the trigger to save themselves the bother. I've seen this behavior from overworked moderators before at a MUCH better funded (like professionally funded) website with trained community managers and a moderator stuff over a hundred, of which I'm a senior member of. It's just how the majority of those on this political forum abuse the system.

Thats a nice attempt to cover for altima here on lowly FFXIAH but uh, its garbage. Wouldn't all the conservatives be banned if this was the case?
We don't have an edit button because of him, and we haven't gotten it back because of him.

Yeah it was pretty bad awhile back, progressives could say or do whatever they wanted with the only recourse being to block them. If a non-progressive said something and it made a progressive feel bad, *BAM* action taken in the name of Social Justice. It's gotten a lot more fair since then. My practice of blocking people who practice personal attacks was started precisely because that was the exact advice that was given "If you don't like what they say then block them". Of course it only went one way.

Don't know if crimson is altima, for a long time I had him on my block list the same as nasi and viciouss.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-18 17:30:24  
Ackeron said: »
also it's still really funny watching you all complain about it.
If it's any consolation to you, it's funny watching mods go ballistic over certain users (myself included)
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-18 17:36:15  
Ackeron said: »
Edits caused a few problems here and some users took advantage of those problems.

Without naming names a few troublesome users did this quite a bit. The removal of the edit option in P&R has actually cut down on issues from here, also it's still really funny watching you all complain about it. It won't be making a return any time soon.

We've just learned to live with typo's and spelling errors. It's a game forum not a professional discussion forum.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-01-18 17:49:13  
Yatenkou said: »
Man Elizabeth Warren has no class. After the hearing today for DeVos, everyone else shook her hand, but Warren wouldn't shake her hand. How *** childish can she be?

...what is being denounced as a vicious snub on Warren’s part is perhaps better understood as an example of cultural misunderstanding, or, at worst, racist insensitivity on the part of Warren’s critics, including DeVos.

Upon closer examination, Warren appears to be signaling to DeVos in her native Cherokee. The open hand gesture, first developed in 1823, is universally recognized among Native American Indian sign-language studies, according to manataka.org.

She's not classless. you're a racist!
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-01-18 17:53:12  
DeVos was blindsided by questions on her knowledge of the education system and her own platforms but the narrative is now on Handshakegate. Brilliant.
If you think the system is working and you don't need an outsider running the show and challenging the status quo, you have every right to tear her apart. But let's be honest, monkey would be better than the bureaucrats running the show for the past 40 years.

The woman played a key role in establishing the Detroit charter school system. She's more than qualified.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-01-18 17:55:54  

Thats a nice attempt to cover for altima here on lowly FFXIAH but uh, its garbage. Wouldn't all the conservatives be banned if this was the case?

Yeah it was pretty bad awhile back, progressives could say or do whatever they wanted with the only recourse being to block them. If a non-progressive said something and it made a progressive feel bad, *BAM* action taken in the name of Social Justice. It's gotten a lot more fair since then. My practice of blocking people who practice personal attacks was started precisely because that was the exact advice that was given "If you don't like what they say then block them". Of course it only went one way.

Don't know if crimson is altima, for a long time I had him on my block list the same as nasi and viciouss.
you blockin me bro?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-18 17:57:46  
I thought it was proven that she is not Native American. I mean, 1/32 does not make you a part of a culture. Hell, I'm ~3/32 Native American (1/16th Cherokee on my father's side, 1/32nd Apache on my mother's side) but I don't consider myself Native American.....
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-18 17:59:03  
Hell, I got some Mexican blood in my veins. That doesn't mean my name is Jose.

It's Juan, bish!
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-01-18 18:01:52  
It's satire, people.
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
If you think the system is working and you don't need an outsider running the show and challenging the status quo, you have every right to tear her apart. But let's be honest, monkey would be better than the bureaucrats running the show for the past 40 years.

The woman played a key role in establishing the Detroit charter school system. She's more than qualified
Then she should be able to demonstrate those qualifications in an interview setting just like anyone else looking for a job.
By Viciouss 2017-01-18 18:02:29  
Those links aren't even worth clicking on, especially considering its nausi. And the failed charter school system in Detroit is exactly what disqualifies DeVos.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-01-18 18:06:49  
It's satire, people.

The woman played a key role in establishing the Detroit charter school system. She's more than qualified
Then she should be able to demonstrate those qualifications in an interview setting just like anyone else looking for a job.
She did! The liberal misogynists were out for blood because they hate her for her lady parts.
By Viciouss 2017-01-18 18:09:56  
She looked really lost, it makes you wonder if she even prepped.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-01-18 18:10:16  
Those links aren't even worth clicking on, especially considering its nausi. And the failed PUBLIC school system in Detroit is exactly what disqualifies DeVos.

Left owns facts I don't like bro.
[+]
By crimsondragon 2017-01-18 18:10:58  
It's satire, people.

I've never heard of a job interview where a certain portion of the interviewers already decided they hate you before even sitting down.
By crimsondragon 2017-01-18 18:14:36  
Sounds like this Nausi guy has the same views as altima and I. Are we sure he isn't altima as well? Should probably ban him just in case. omg! It looks like he has a pattern of posting here at certain times!
By Viciouss 2017-01-18 18:17:08  
No I meant what I said, the charter schools in Detroit are constantly failing. Michigan has a horrible school system, courtesy of Betsy DeVos.
By crimsondragon 2017-01-18 18:17:15  
The pms I am getting from people are hilarious! You guys really disliked this altima guy.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-01-18 18:22:51  
I've never heard of a job interview where a certain portion of the interviewers already decided they hate you before even sitting down.
She wasn't asked anything she shouldn't have been ready to give an answer to.
By crimsondragon 2017-01-18 18:30:51  
No I meant what I said, the charter schools in Detroit are constantly failing. Michigan has a horrible school system, courtesy of Betsy DeVos.

Sure. Lets blame it on her and ignore the 30 some years before.

She wasn't asked anything she shouldn't have been ready to give an answer to.

I'll go with you on that. But if the roles were reversed Democrats would literally be burning things down right now.
By crimsondragon 2017-01-18 18:51:40  
Speaking of reversed roles. Imagine if republicans did this to Obama.

This may be Congress’ largest boycott of a presidential inauguration in American history

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/article127039424.html#storylink=cpy
http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/article127039424.html

Its up to 55 atm.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-18 18:55:46  

you blockin me bro?

You were for awhile. I frequently review my block list and see if those posters are still personally attacking people they don't agree with. If it's calmed down then I unblock them, if it hasn't then they remain.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-18 19:57:35  
if those posters are still personally attacking people they don't agree with
Kojo is a doo-doo head!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-18 20:02:16  
The pms I am getting from people are hilarious! You guys really disliked this altima guy.
Not everyone. Hell, I don't remember what was so ban-worthy that started this whole ***in the first place.

I do remember all the times he circumvented his ban though. Made it hard for me to post facts I don't like on a different account and see how the liberals/democrats take it.

Ravael knows, he saw the initial and final drafts.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 65 66 67