Random Politics & Religion #18

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #18
Random Politics & Religion #18
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 65 66 67
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-18 16:37:48  
crimsondragon said: »
Guess I am getting banned for people saying I am this altimomega person. Been fun talking to you guys.

Huh. Given Altima's reputation, I'd figured that they would wait for the inevitable misbehavior before pulling the trigger. I guess talking crap about Obama is enough to remove reasonable doubt?
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-01-18 16:38:37  
Kids need their guns to protect themselves from grizzly bears. Betsy DeVos.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-01-18 16:38:43  
I would never shake hands with someone I don't like, I think it'd be highly hypocritical. I would just say hello/goodbye, but would not offer physical contact.

I call that coherence, not childishness.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-18 16:40:11  
Yatenkou said: »
Man Elizabeth Warren has no class. After the hearing today for DeVos, everyone else shook her hand, but Warren wouldn't shake her hand. How *** childish can she be?

As I mentioned, watch the Carson interview. She's childish, petty, and it's a shame that she is seen as some kind of superstar for the party.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2017-01-18 16:40:31  
Then again I don't shake hands even with people I like, I just bow. But anyway.
By Viciouss 2017-01-18 16:42:47  
Too bad Warren chose not to run for President she would have cruised.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-18 16:52:04  
Viciouss said: »

You overestimate her popularity among non-Democrats. If Fauxcahontas wants to run in 2020, I say go for it. She does not have the cross-party appeal that someone like Sanders had, and putting forth an old, uninteresting white woman that is hard to listen to is clearly the path to go after the last one lost.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-18 16:55:22  
Guess I am getting banned for people saying I am this altimomega person. Been fun talking to you guys.
You gave yourself away there.

Nobody said his full name. Just his nickname.
By Viciouss 2017-01-18 16:55:26  
If she was running against a strong candidate sure, but Trump won't be hard to beat. He narrowly won this time and the FBI won't be there next time.
[+]
By crimsondragon 2017-01-18 16:55:46  
I really hope she runs in 2020. I've been wondering what would finish sinking the Democrat party and that should do the trick.

I can still post for some reason so yay!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-18 16:57:21  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

You overestimate her popularity among non-Democrats. If Fauxcahontas wants to run in 2020, I say go for it. She does not have the cross-party appeal that someone like Sanders had, and putting forth an old, uninteresting white woman that is hard to listen to is clearly the path to go after the last one lost.
You also forget her trustworthy issues.

Mind you, they aren't on Clinton's level, but it's getting up there......
[+]
By crimsondragon 2017-01-18 16:58:01  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

The vyre mod dude told me. I guess I have 24 hours to talk to rooks.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-18 16:58:39  
If she was running against a strong candidate sure, but Trump won't be hard to beat. He narrowly won this time and the FBI won't be there next time.
No, but she will say something deplorable. That is a guarantee.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-01-18 16:59:59  
DeVos was blindsided by questions on her knowledge of the education system and her own platforms but the narrative is now on Handshakegate. Brilliant.
By Viciouss 2017-01-18 17:00:49  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
DeVos was blindsided by questions on her knowledge of the education system and her own platforms but the narrative is now on Handshakegate. Brilliant.

Hey! I liked the grizzly bear answer. Can it be grizzlygate?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-18 17:00:52  

The vyre mod dude told me. I guess I have 24 hours to talk to rooks.
You are doomed.

You should know though. Your posting pattern, your viewpoints, your retorts, your grammar, they are all going against you.

I, at the very least, fooled everyone for several months posting before it was known I was Korpg, and even then, I told a few people beforehand (mods mostly).
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-18 17:03:22  
Wait, a Secretary who doesn't know a thing about their section they are working for? Who knew?
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-01-18 17:05:39  
Just wait until Rick Perry. I mean, really.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-18 17:07:26  
Just wait until Rick Perry. I mean, really.
Or whoever Clinton picks for her Secretary of Energy.....oh wai...
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-18 17:08:43  

Drawing attention to yourself in a negative way often draws the discussion away from other issues. Welcome to the news. Something tells me that it won't work for Warren in the same way that it works for Trump.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-01-18 17:09:18  
It would have been a better pick than Rick Perry. We are going from a nuclear physicist to a Texan who got a D in Meats. I would think that would have been grounds for deportation to another state but no lets make him governor.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-18 17:10:15  

Huh. Given Altima's reputation, I'd figured that they would wait for the inevitable misbehavior before pulling the trigger. I guess talking crap about Obama is enough to remove reasonable doubt?

Anyone who doesn't show approved liberal / progressive political views is in gross violation of the forums rules.

This is because the progressives on here will gang up on, troll, bait and report anyone who doesn't agree with them as a form of silence. The mods got inundated with tons of stuff and it's very bothersome to constantly clear these things so after enough reports they just pull the trigger to save themselves the bother. I've seen this behavior from overworked moderators before at a MUCH better funded (like professionally funded) website with trained community managers and a moderator stuff over a hundred, of which I'm a senior member of. It's just how the majority of those on this political forum abuse the system.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-01-18 17:13:18  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Anyone who doesn't show approved liberal / progressive political views is in gross violation of the forums rules.

This is because the progressives on here will gang up on, troll, bait and report anyone who doesn't agree with them as a form of silence. The mods got inundated with tons of stuff and it's very bothersome to constantly clear these things so after enough reports they just pull the trigger to save themselves the bother. I've seen this behavior from overworked moderators before at a MUCH better funded (like professionally funded) website with trained community managers and a moderator stuff over a hundred, of which I'm a senior member of. It's just how the majority of those on this political forum abuse the system.

Thats a nice attempt to cover for altima here on lowly FFXIAH but uh, its garbage. Wouldn't all the conservatives be banned if this was the case?
We don't have an edit button because of him, and we haven't gotten it back because of him.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-18 17:15:10  
It would have been a better pick than Rick Perry. We are going from a nuclear physicist to a Texan who got a D in Meats. I would think that would have been grounds for deportation to another state but no lets make him governor.
As much as I loath Rick Perry until we got somebody much better than him, let me at least emphasis this little fact for you:

Perry may have been bad, but every single liberal/democrat who ran against him was much worse. Perry is the Texas form of Trump whooping the liberal/democrats *** all the time.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-18 17:17:49  
We don't have an edit button because of him, and we haven't gotten it back because of him.

To be fair, if there hadn't been excessive whining about his usage of it then we never would have lost it. In my opinion, people were making a mountain out of a molehill, so to speak. I think it would have made more sense to ban individuals from using the button than punishing everyone, but whatever.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-18 17:18:09  
Asura.Saevel said: »

Thats a nice attempt to cover for altima here on lowly FFXIAH but uh, its garbage. Wouldn't all the conservatives be banned if this was the case?
Wait, are you saying there wasn't (note to current mods, past tense) an obvious liberal bias on this website for years? That certain mods didn't play favoritism (well, at least one still does)? That certain mods didn't specifically bend the rules for some while enforce even the smallest dissidence against others?

You might as well say that Mother Jones is an honest, impartial source.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-18 17:19:18  

To be fair, if there hadn't been excessive whining about his usage of it then we never would have lost it. In my opinion, people were making a mountain out of a molehill, so to speak. I think it would have made more sense to ban individuals from using the button than punishing everyone, but whatever.
I still don't understand/remember what the hubbub was in the first place.

What was so bad that the edit button had to be removed?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-18 17:20:32  

Beats me. I was there when some of it went down and I still can't figure out what the big deal was.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-18 17:21:53  

Beats me. I was there when some of it went down and I still can't figure out what the big deal was.
Well, let's take a leaf out of the oppositions book and protest/riot on the streets for our edit button back.

I always need a new pair of sneakers.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-01-18 17:22:21  

Honestly I was on the side of keeping it, and I typed a long, Saevel like PM to Rooks about it when he was soliciting the idea, and I made the case for keeping it around. But then, altima ninja-edited 3 different posts on me in 1 sitting and it was REALLY obnoxious, and I just withdrew my whole argument. That might have been too reactionary but oh well, it was obnoxious.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 65 66 67