Ambuscade Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 28 29 30
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-04-11 11:40:31  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
They almost certainly would require the same or greater resources to create additional instances in either of those two zones. The problem is their hardware/software's inability to support enough instanced zones for everyone. Otherwise, there'd be a 30-60 second wait to enter if someone had just gone in like delve, but there'd still be a steady stream of entrants.

Seems a bit odd to me. How is this any more difficult to setup than Nyzul? Nyzul requires far more than a battlefield with one mob in it, you needed to generate floors upon floors full of mobs and other object for 30 minutes at a time and there where multiple times as many in those instances than in this one. That was a time where there were far more people on the servers than now as well. While yes, we had issues then too, we had to get, if I'm recalling correctly from my /sea nyzul spam when trying to get in, 275+ people in before people started having serious lag issues and disconnects. They have the server capacity, what they lack is forethought to use it.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2016-04-11 12:25:48  
If you don't want me going in solo, invite me to your group.

Sheesh.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-04-11 12:30:07  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Asura.Neufko said: »
To that point, Every instanced content like skirmish was limited to 3+ persons PT when they were released. I don't get why this one can be entered solo.

As Mookies said, it's kind of difficult to find a durable group, so people tend to go solo to get their points, resulting in a increase of congestion.

Edit: Credit fixed! :)

You really can't blame people for going in solo. Seriously, look at the art description of this event from SE themselves:

Either this is a serious troll, or SE is literally encouraging players to enter solo. Not that I would ever do it, but when the developers depict the event as such, its pretty standard they have no idea wtf is going on.

I get that this was just their way of showcasing the event without really saying to enter solo, but the fact that they allow one person to go into it speaks volumes.

They've been using trusts for a lot of their screenshots- probably because it's just way easier for them to do that than log in two accounts.

Anyways, you can't really blame people for soloing when the PUGs for it are like this:

[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2016-04-11 12:34:35  
That's so bizarre.

What group of 119 players couldn't sleepwalk through D, seriously? I'm not even being all OH I AM SO GREAT D'OHOHOHO. The dragon is a giant goddamn hit point bag. D is level 124, with lower accuracy requirements and damage output than normal Reisenjima mobs. It doesn't do anything that requires a strategy, except maybe basic breath attack positioning.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-04-11 12:53:25  
I can reliably duo VD with DNC + my GEO mule. I just go for maximum safety and have my GEO mule use Vex/Attunement/Barfira with Entrust'd Indi-Haste. Considering the kill speed difference compared to D, it would probably be better for me to spam D if I could get in quickly. However, I can't and I can reliably do VD with only two trusts (August and Apururu), though I typically also use Qultada and Koru-Moru. I've had runs where any given trust or pair of trusts gets one-shotted by some breath early on, and I still have never lost a run.

Because I can do it with 2 characters + 2 trusts, it stands to reason that I could pick up 2 rando NIN/DNCs and bring them along instead of Qultada and Koru-Moru. That would be true, if there were any shitty melee alive who are willing to stand in the corner and wait for me to kill the VD dragon without buffs. Instead, I trust that they'd be in range doing ***melee damage and taking damage, interrupting my skillchains, eating Apururu's MP, and ultimately causing August's death. As such, taking rando melee means I have to knock the difficulty down to D and sacrifice points.

Picking up rando mages / tanks can be even worse, particularly if you decide to not summon the trust with their job as a result of having them in the party. Rando buffers are the only safe bet, so if you're whiny about not getting invited to Ambuscade, seek on a buffing job.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2016-04-11 12:59:19  
I'm not whining at all. I am perfectly happy to solo D until the sun goes down. It's everybody else who seems to have a problem with it.

When I shout for a group in Mhaura, I'm doing everybody else a favor, same as I did when I said {Team up?} to the random guy I ran into this morning at Morta, giving him a chance to respond before I jacked his rift.

If I want to do content that facilitates cooperation, I will attempt to cooperate. If you don't want to, that's no skin off my ***.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2016-04-11 13:36:33  
I'm sympathetic to not wanting to slow yourself down for bad players. I'm not saying people are wrong for feeling this way. I'm just saying they don't have a choice; they will be slowed down one way or another, so they can either invite shitters or deal with longer queues. What they shouldn't do is blame solo players for this, as if it's somehow their responsibility to make way for the hardcore.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-04-11 13:38:39  
I was being somewhat sarcastic from my screenshot. I thought that was obvious by my last line.

But I think the underlying message is very simple: People are going to enter solo when they are sitting by with their flag up for 15 minutes and not one person bothers to invite them, or they just shout for another job.

The people complaining about the congestion and people entering solo are the same people claiming they beat VD in 45 seconds....and yet won't bother inviting any of the others who would stand to enter solo.

Its mind boggling. Just did several VW aellos (to which after about 40 runs, got 1 pouch total), and we invited every single person looking for group who walked up to the rift.

Is it really that hard to just invite somebody for the sake of taking an extra person in? how much of a burden would an extra 45 seconds put on your run? You're already waiting for 5-10min to even get in. Give me a break.

edit: Scae beat me to it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-04-11 13:56:35  
I'd let your GEO do Ambuscade with me, Buukki... but I'm a socially responsible fellow and Galkas are so heavy that they break the ambuscade server.

Also they're galkas, and galkas gonna galk.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-04-11 13:56:51  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Seems a bit odd to me. How is this any more difficult to setup than Nyzul? Nyzul requires far more than a battlefield with one mob in it, you needed to generate floors upon floors full of mobs and other object for 30 minutes at a time and there where multiple times as many in those instances than in this one. That was a time where there were far more people on the servers than now as well. While yes, we had issues then too, we had to get, if I'm recalling correctly from my /sea nyzul spam when trying to get in, 275+ people in before people started having serious lag issues and disconnects. They have the server capacity, what they lack is forethought to use it.

Can't say I've measured nyzul firsthand, but salvage starts to choke at 20 soloers and at 22-24 it'll just stop letting additional groups in. We don't really know what's going on, but I can't imagine they have an instancing rule that only allows for 6 and can't be changed to more. There has to be some limitation in place.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-04-11 14:03:44  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I'd let your GEO do Ambuscade with me, Buukki... but I'm a socially responsible fellow and Galkas are so heavy that they break the ambuscade server.

Also they're galkas, and galkas gonna galk.

Hey, at least I won't interrupt your SC.

Oh, and carmine+1 legs (with addon) is showing 16%, but the description says 18%. Is there any reason (besides the obvious galka joke) why its not registering the full 18% movement speed?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-04-11 14:04:28  
It's quite possible that the description is wrong. Iirc Skadi feet +1 were 16% until Arcon reported it. They might actually never have fixed it.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-04-11 14:06:51  
Every 18% piece that I know of is actually 16%.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-04-11 14:08:07  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Every 18% piece that I know of is actually 16%.

Well, that settles that. They at least acknowledged the issue when he reported it and made some kind of "oh man, we'll get right on that" reply. (several years ago)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-04-11 14:12:25  
Thanks.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-04-11 14:48:42  
People seem to be pretty anti social with Ambuscade. I'm stuck soloing.

Whatever, probably faster this way. I just wanted to be considerate.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-04-11 17:25:24  
Final Fantasy XI: Crabs in a Bucket
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-12 02:15:13  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Oh, and carmine+1 legs (with addon) is showing 16%, but the description says 18%. Is there any reason (besides the obvious galka joke) why its not registering the full 18% movement speed?
As far as we know ALL 18% movement speed gear is actually 16% and not 18%.
By Takisan 2016-04-12 12:14:14  
Yea it just seems like there are many options to alleviate this congestion and I hope SE is able to make something happen. Like using some of the old battlefield zones instances that aren't in use. The bottom line is if they really want to do it they can find a way and I'm sure this isn't impossible. But they had to have seen this coming in the first place. An entire server > 1 entry point > less than 10 instances of the battle is not what I would call accessible to everyone until this content becomes outdated.

I think its good that both 'elite' players and not so elite can do it, make progress, be challenged, and get gear or any other items they need for RME ect. It was a wonderful idea this hallmarks system they just need to work on making more space for people to actually do it without having to wait 20min+ or watch a soloer enter...come out...return after getting ki then reenter again solo... *edit* before they are able to even enter one time. This happen to my party where two soloers came back and entered a second time before we were able to enter once.
By oldman 2016-04-12 12:32:40  
Takisan said: »
get gear or any other items they need for RME ect.

Probably the quickest and easiest way to deal with congestion would be to make RME items purchasable with all currencies. That would alleviate at least some of the congestion. Everyone would have easier ways to farm them and wouldn't be dependent on this one event (or other instanced ones like HTB and Delve).
[+]
By fonewear 2016-04-15 13:28:46  
Planned adjustments:

"Greetings, everyone.

The development team is still in the midst of testing and verifying improvements plans for Ambuscase, and while I can’t get into the nitty-gritty details just yet, I would like to share the general direction of the adjustments planned.

First up is registration for entering an instance. The aim of this is to regulate the traffic at the entrance to this content, which has currently become a bottle neck. This will guarantee parties or solo players access to the instance in the order in which they registered.

Additionally, we’re looking into increasing the benefits of challenging Ambuscade as a party to give more opportunities for a greater number of players to get involved with this content.

There have also been questions about the rewards, so I would like to address what I can in regards to this as well. In the next version update, we’re looking to make it possible to acquire items via methods other than Hallmarks. With this system, we are planning to make possible to re-acquire the Sulevia equipment that can be purchased currently. Furthermore, we’ll also be adding new items that can be purchased with Hallmarks. (Hallmarks is also a part of Ambuscade that will reset, so after the next version update it will be necessary to save them up again.)

While it will be possible to purchase job-specific capes each time after a reset, the limit is one for each job during each period. This will also reset with each version update.

Once we get closer to the version update I will make a follow-up with more details."
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-15 20:16:05  
Did a little bit more VD Orc Ambuscade today. Defensive-wise, I don't believe killing adds contributes towards increasing the strength of the others, but killing the boss before the adds definitely does. My BLU nukes went from about 8-10k to 2-3.5k. This happened on 2 occasions where I was actually paying attention.
 Fenrir.Jumeya
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2016-04-15 20:27:06  
We regularly do VD orcs along with VD dragon in a set.

For the Orcs, D and higher needs geo languour/focus and you can sleep them just fine. Once slept, just dispel shell, do a SC/MB using a sch + geo/sch/nuker, 3X T4 is ample to kill. Gravity lands once on them, so just grav before starting to work on your target. Hecteyes we just bind/silence. Usually kill Monk first, then BST/Hecteye,

Silence the BLM, and keep RUN for last. It's probably faster to just get the RUN to SP early, but we just do a no gear Skillchain > Burst with helix2, Bind, and it just keels over.

The boss will leave the group alone if all orcs/players are quite far from it. We usally just pull him to a corner opposite and have automaton tank it there. It actually doesn't hurt much.
Once adds are dead, a single SC/MB water, with languour/focus kills it.
 Shiva.Xenorex
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xenorex
By Shiva.Xenorex 2016-04-15 21:21:33  
oldman said: »
Probably the quickest and easiest way to deal with congestion would be to make RME items purchasable with all currencies. That would alleviate at least some of the congestion. Everyone would have easier ways to farm them and wouldn't be dependent on this one event (or other instanced ones like HTB and Delve).

I like that idea, especially for the piles of currencies we don't have good or worthwhile options to exchange into gil.
By oldman 2016-04-15 21:47:21  
Shiva.Xenorex said: »
I like that idea, especially for the piles of currencies we don't have good or worthwhile options to exchange into gil.

Beyond relieving congestion I think it would just be more fun. You could get conquest points for farming crafting torques and convert them into heavy metal plates, you could do campaign for allied notes to buy alexandrite, you could do besieged to buy dynamis currencies, or you could get high quality bayld for helping someone farm feet in aby. People wouldn't have to spam the same content until they wanted to gouge their eyes out to complete RMEs.
 Phoenix.Terasan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Terasan
By Phoenix.Terasan 2016-04-15 22:25:04  
oldman said: »
Takisan said: »
get gear or any other items they need for RME ect.

*** this ^ I have 6 million cruor from spamming VW and nothing to spend it on since blinkers were nerfed way the hell back when.
By oldman 2016-04-15 23:49:59  
Phoenix.Terasan said: »
I have 6 million cruor from spamming VW

Which is why SE will never do it. At this point their goal is to keep as many people on the hamster wheel as long as they can. In SE's eyes giving people more access to RME upgrade items means they will jump off sooner.

Personally I think people would stick around trying out all the different jobs if it wasn't such a pain in the *** to gear them.
By Arcto 2016-04-16 00:53:45  
I think it just sucks having to farm so many mats for 119 this that and a whifflebat. This is so true. I would properly gear drg and war if this was different but i just dont give a rat's *** right now to do it :(
By oldman 2016-04-16 01:17:00  
Arcto said: »
I think it just sucks having to farm so many mats for 119 this that and a whifflebat. This is so true. I would properly gear drg and war if this was different but i just dont give a rat's *** right now to do it :(

Imagine being able to farm currency to gear those jobs while you mess around on them. Go experiment with all the crazy off the wall ***you want to try and get rewarded for it? Can't have that in an SE game...
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 28 29 30