Ambuscade Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 28 29 30
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-04-16 02:30:03  
Takisan said: »
Yea it just seems like there are many options to alleviate this congestion and I hope SE is able to make something happen. Like using some of the old battlefield zones instances that aren't in use. The bottom line is if they really want to do it they can find a way and I'm sure this isn't impossible. But they had to have seen this coming in the first place. An entire server > 1 entry point > less than 10 instances of the battle is not what I would call accessible to everyone until this content becomes outdated.

Problem is, battlefields are not instanced. They are technically part of the zone and not created on demand like a true instance. I can only see 2 fixes for congestion, use something more powerful than a microwave and let the server create many more instances for ambuscade, or make it so that it is accessible to only parties with at least 3 members, 6 even. Latter would kill the whole purpose of this content, but is an easy fix. Unfortunately, it appears that they have no means to build new servers for instanced content. I just wonder how they managed to come so far with extremely scarce resources for a freaking mmorpg. We are talking SE here, not some indie group. You would expect MUCH more support from higher ups to FFXI devs for such a money machine. I have been around since 2004, never understood their mentality, never will.
By Draylo 2016-04-18 02:25:42  
Since SE was dumb and made you trade one item at a time, I mindlessly kept hitting enter and by mistake I put WSD on my blm cape. So i went to change the attribute to MATK and it reset the whole damn category... So I wasted two of the items and now its a 8 MAB cape!! That's gonna haunt me forever lol.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-19 01:00:49  
Which ones are the best items to buy as far as Hallmarks:Gil conversion rate is concerned?
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2016-04-19 11:57:58  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Which ones are the best items to buy as far as Hallmarks:Gil conversion rate is concerned?
Due to low caps on everything, it's kinda irrelevant. Best guess would be rift/hmp, but you can pretty easily empty a category with a day's spam session.

I'm suprised ffxiah isn't spreadsheeting that ***like the plasm/sparks category
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-04-19 12:12:56  
Asura.Frod said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Due to low caps on everything, it's kinda irrelevant. Best guess would be rift/hmp, but you can pretty easily empty a category with a day's spam session.

I'm suprised ffxiah isn't spreadsheeting that ***like the plasm/sparks category

I have it done locally! I just haven't been able to wrap things up to send to Scragg :\ I'll find time shortly
[+]
By Morihei 2016-04-26 11:55:50  
Question! Sorry if this has been addressed earlier.

Can you change augments after they're completed? I'm at work, so I can't check, but I'm dying to know! I messed one of them up.
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-26 12:02:43  
Morihei said: »
Question! Sorry if this has been addressed earlier.

Can you change augments after they're completed? I'm at work, so I can't check, but I'm dying to know! I messed one of them up.

Looks like u can. Check Draylos post about his mistake little further up lol.
By Morihei 2016-04-26 12:08:32  
Derp. I didn't go digging because I thought it was probably on page 4 or something. Danke. So excited for Pet Regen +10 on BST.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-05-10 02:20:24  
Doing Intense Difficult with the Quadavs right now. Boss is at 1% and taking no damage. Anyone successfully done this know how to take it out?

What we tried:

Slashing
Blunt
Piercing
All magic
Some Magic Bursted magic
Light SCs
Darkness SCs
Requiescat
Attacking from all sides.

Anyway, info for the rest of the fight before that point:

- Up by himself at the start, but will spawn 2 adds when you engage.
- Will only take normal damage while readying TP moves. Exclusively uses "Torment of Gu'Dha" after adds are dead and Benediction is used which is AoE magical damage with added effect of petrification. Unresisted duration is about 1 minute. Will use this every 15 seconds even if no one is in range.
- Has another move that does AoE Curse on 2 occasions, 1 which seems to put HP/MP to 50% and the second which looks like 25%. Pretty dangerous if not removed immediately.
- Has either Enstone or Enpetrify, didn't notice due to chat filters and it attacking a Trust tank.
- Uses Benediction around 50%
- Will eventually spawn another set of 2 adds and 1 last add after that, which is a BLM. Didn't notice what jobs the others were.
- Adds are pretty weak.

Doing 1 more attempt to re-confirm a couple things.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-05-10 02:37:15  
This Usukane set sure has the whole jack of all trades, master of none; thing going on here.
By Elazar1 2016-05-10 02:46:53  
Yeah, legs and feet are not bad, is really nothing great
By Chimerawizard 2016-05-10 02:59:29  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Doing Intense Difficult with the Quadavs right now. Boss is at 1% and taking no damage. Anyone successfully done this know how to take it out?

What we tried:

Slashing
Blunt
Piercing
All magic
Some Magic Bursted magic
Light SCs
Darkness SCs
Requiescat
Attacking from all sides.

Meteor, [elemental] shots, war merit JA Tomahawk, Concentric Pulse, DoT (bio, burn, etc).
Those are all that come to mind. :(

EDIT: SMN 1hr Zantetsuken?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-05-10 03:00:46  
Chimerawizard said: »
Meteor, [elemental] shots, war merit JA Tomahawk, Concentric Pulse, DoT (bio, burn, etc).
Those are all that come to mind. :(
We did try DoTs and we're bringing a COR for shots next round. We're also going to try attacking it before we kill the adds this time, but it would be pretty silly if that's the requirement since you can basically lock yourself out of a win if you kill the adds in that case.

Edit: Well that doesn't work 'cause he won't take normal damage when readying TP moves like he does later.
 Cerberus.Cruxus
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2016-05-10 03:17:43  
Demons seem to take heavy magic dmg, did some normal runs solo on PUP with Shantotto II to hit some nuking. Her melee which is considered magic was hitting for 1.7k a pop and her tier 1 nukes were at least 3k a pop on the tauri. Once the demon drk/blm? goes down Tauri takes more dmg as my normal attacks did 260~300 a swing and bumped up to 550~700 a swing after death of first demon.
 Sylph.Ice
サーバ: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-05-10 03:33:04  
Did the demon fight on VD, wasn't overly difficult.
Party Setup:
BLU GEO GEO WHM -- August (died very early to Mortal Ray) Apururu
GEO1: Frailty/Fury-Entrust DEX
GEO2: Torpor/Precision-Entrust Wilt?

I killed the tauri first. He doesn't do anything special from what I saw. Did Mortal Ray a bunch, which you can easily turn from or just have your WHM take the doom off. Uses the standard TP attacks. Didn't notice how much the poison from Mow does. After the tauri died, the demon went down relatively fast. I died one time on the demon, didn't see it put up Dread Spikes and I got 3 double damage empy procs in an attack round so insta-died. Demon casts some tier 3 elemental spells, absorb magic, etc. His normal swings and TP moves don't hit too hard. I remember seeing a Condemnation on my WHM hit for 83 damage. Overall, pretty easy.

tl;dr: Pay attention to dread spikes and it's an insta-win.

Tauri HP: ~305k
Demon HP: ~45k
[+]
By Trashboat 2016-05-10 04:01:48  
Sylph.Ice said: »
Did the demon fight on VD, wasn't overly difficult.
Party Setup:
BLU GEO GEO WHM -- August (died very early to Mortal Ray) Apururu
GEO1: Frailty/Fury-Entrust DEX
GEO2: Torpor/Precision-Entrust Wilt?

I killed the tauri first. He doesn't do anything special from what I saw. Did Mortal Ray a bunch, which you can easily turn from or just have your WHM take the doom off. Uses the standard TP attacks. Didn't notice how much the poison from Mow does. After the tauri died, the demon went down relatively fast. I died one time on the demon, didn't see it put up Dread Spikes and I got 3 double damage empy procs in an attack round so insta-died. Demon casts some tier 3 elemental spells, absorb magic, etc. His normal swings and TP moves don't hit too hard. I remember seeing a Condemnation on my WHM hit for 83 damage. Overall, pretty easy.

tl;dr: Pay attention to dread spikes and it's an insta-win.

Tauri HP: ~305k
Demon HP: ~45k

I think battlemod is reporting spikes as counters, and doom as body slam...was really confused on why this was so difficult until I read your post, thanks.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-05-10 04:10:05  
Yeah I give up on the Quadav Ambuscade. Don't know the requirements to take off that last 1%. :/ His glowy shield goes away while readying that TP move every 15 seconds after adds are gone so I'm assuming it's something that needs to be done during that window.
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2016-05-12 12:37:51  
Anyone tried Quadav since Patch?

Any news?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2016-05-12 13:00:52  
I think when the kindred dies, the Tauri will use Counterstance or maybe it uses counterstance at low HP.
 Bismarck.Dunigs
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2016-05-12 13:14:53  
Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
I think when the kindred dies, the Tauri will use Counterstance or maybe it uses counterstance at low HP.

From what I've toyed around with, when demon dies he does a 2hr animation with log indicating he used counterstance, gains a pretty substantial attack bonus, with Mow being able to one shot without GEO things, and either a substantial magic evasion boost or just some kind of magic damage taken as nukes go from respectable to total garbage. There also seems to be some gimmick with killing them together? I've killed either one from 100-0 no problems but one time attempted to keep Taurus at 2% and kill the demon. Demon started taking 0 damage around 23% from all sources until I finished off Taurus.
By Takisan 2016-05-17 12:55:35  
Trashboat said: »
I think battlemod is reporting spikes as counters, and doom as body slam...was really confused on why this was so difficult until I read your post, thanks.

Lol! doom as body slam haha! I dunno but I put battle mod on and weird things happened to the dmg #s reported so yea I dunno whats up with that.

Yeah I give up on the Quadav Ambuscade. Don't know the requirements to take off that last 1%. :/ His glowy shield goes away while readying that TP move every 15 seconds after adds are gone so I'm assuming it's something that needs to be done during that window.

Thanks for the info! My LS hasn't even tried intense and I guess this is why. More SE trolling.

Yea Normal VD ambuscade the last standing mob gains a big boost when the other dies. I have never been in a group where the demon was the last standing but I had the taurus "one-shot" me cause he countered my attacks for like the 1 second that I stood in front of him after demon died.

A lot of people /nin cause of mow but honestly mow does very little dmg until the demon dies...THEN its a killer. I had it 1 shot me with all 3 utsu shadows up with at least MG on too. Just take taurus down in health then smite the demon (who is very squishy) and finish the taurus. There's also something where the taurus does a tail slap move that does bind but under some conditions he wont use that move. Not sure if you have to act on the taurus first or something but he would go around tail-slapping ppl with knock-back +bind which is annoying.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-05-17 16:39:42  
I preferred killing the taurua first, personally. Only thing the Demon seems to gain is high magic attack sllowing Soul Drain and Hecatomb Wave to 1-shot, which we countered with Scherzo (doubt Mow can be nullified as so being an apparent multi-hit move), and will cast Dread Spikes after a few seconds, but it's usually dead by then from 2 CDCs. If it isn't, we just turned and did CA/Efflux Sinker Drill which would usually take it out.
 Sylph.Ice
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-05-17 17:19:22  
I preferred killing the taurua first, personally. Only thing the Demon seems to gain is high magic attack sllowing Soul Drain and Hecatomb Wave to 1-shot, which we countered with Scherzo (doubt Mow can be nullified as so being an apparent multi-hit move), and will cast Dread Spikes after a few seconds, but it's usually dead by then from 2 CDCs. If it isn't, we just turned and did CA/Efflux Sinker Drill which would usually take it out.

For what it's worth, if you're going with BLU, between Mighty Guard, Saline Coat and a solid MDT set, along with pre-emptive cure-skin from a WHM, you shouldn't die from a Hecatomb Wave/Soul Drain. Should still leave you with a solid amount of HP for Soul Drain atleast. Hecatomb I haven't seen hit as hard. Can also dispel the spikes with Focus/Languor+BA Blank Gaze.

EDIT: Quoting fail.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-05-17 17:39:02  
Sylph.Ice said: »
Can also dispel the spikes with Focus/Languor+BA Blank Gaze.
Sure, but from my experience he's usually dead before he even gets them up which would mean in most cases if he does get spikes up, he would be low enough to where a buffed Sinker Drill would do the job faster than adjusting buffs for the sake of dispels. As for the defensive buffs for Hecatomb Wave and Soul Drain, Scherzo and/or EA is simpler. Ambuscade is an event I want to pay as little attention to as possible.
By Verda 2016-05-17 18:36:49  
I've found typical DD setup and SMN doing shock squall / volt strike rotations with EA for safety makes the fight entirely a bore, which is a good thing if you want to farm it a lot. Shock squall unresisted lasts 15s, and Volt strike lasts a long time too, stun resistance does start to build but if your DDs are good it won't matter much.

I concur EA / Scherzo is a simpler often overlooked solution than defense/mdb stacking. Why use a ton of buffs/debuffs when 1-2 spells do it? It's not a fix all but it has a set purpose it does very well, lets you live through dangerous 1 shot moves.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-07 03:30:20  
Yags - Highly resistant or immune to Break from Entomb unlike the Orcs and Quadavs. Difficult pops with SMN boss and a MNK, BLM, BRD and a SAM. Adds and avatar are susceptible to Troub/Night lullaby for simple crowd control. Boss has wind spikes with additional effect of slow similar to Kabandha and is pretty evasive. Our DDs had ~40% hit rate with Marcato Honor March, Blade Madrigal, sushi and a max accuracy gear set. Overall not a bad fight, just takes a while for boss to go down. Recommend more acc buffs, but watch for spike damage. Boss has 2 unique moves, one of which is high damage and AoE silence. Didn't notice anything other than damage from the other one.

Antlion - Spawns 2 antlions and a fly after Sand Blast. If you bring a tank job to hold those, VD Normal Ambuscade is a joke like the previous zones. Didn't test if sleep lands.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-07 03:33:31  
Good god those antlions are nasty if you dont have AoEs though.
They like to spam Defense down, Blind, Magic Defense down.
I never noticed if they had a strong poison. I was too busy hurting.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-06-07 03:35:24  
Does one of the antlions have that dangerous conic frontal aoe move that was added the first time (I think?) with the vnm antlion nm?
Can't remember name of the move
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-07 03:37:28  
I didn't notice it. It used something called Gravitational Pull or something like that, but the move you're thinking of is Gravitational Horn? I don't fight Antlions enough to remember their TP move names. :/ The lowest our DDs got to, though, is about 30% HP, so it's nothing a WHM can't just Curaga through.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-07 03:38:45  
No the main antlion is that model you speak of. If it isn't Gravitational Horn and if it isnt a GIANT LAZOR BEAM. Then No it is not.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 28 29 30