フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Findings
Ambuscade Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 28 29 30
 Phoenix.Skyfire
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: nightkidz
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2016-04-11 01:43:06  
So took them a week just to make a re-entry button.
gg SE.

This fixed nothing.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-04-11 01:48:43  
Phoenix.Skyfire said: »
gg SE.

This fixed nothing.

This, wtf!?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-11 01:51:27  
Still waiting for the ability to trade more than 1 augment item at a time.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Felgarr 2016-04-11 02:32:32  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
you'd think they'd learn from the beginning of abyssea; forcing us to grab 1 forbidden key at a time.

They retired the guy that fixed that.

I said this yesterday, but I'm not happy with the new dev team's learning curve:

1.) The frequent DC issues (number of outages since 3/31)
2.) The Ambuscade congestion or lack of queueing system
3.) The terrible, awful, login points items for April: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/login/login34.html

(However, I do like the items appear to be multiples that are close to the ~45-4600 points we can get in a month).
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2016-04-11 02:40:27  
Phoenix.Skyfire said: »
gg SE.

This fixed nothing.

Whats worse is its really easy to automate pressing enter when it says you didnt get it, so there will be plenty of people using bots to do so while they're afk doing other stuff...meaning there will be people taking up an instance that are essentially afk and wasting time.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Mookies 2016-04-11 03:58:17  
How are people supposed to finish this in a month when they can't get in.

Is it really that impossible to add a que system with FF11's coding?

I want to finish upgrading my cape + get the +1 set. But there are 40-60 people around the book at all times. Nobody wants to invite people, and if you try to make a group people leave after 10-15 mins of not getting in.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-04-11 04:14:21  
Felgarr said: »
(However, I do like the items appear to be multiples that are close to the ~45-4600 points we can get in a month).
It's a shame we're only getting 2800 points this month then isn't it?
 Asura.Neufko
サーバ: Asura
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2016-04-11 04:22:18  
To that point, Every instanced content like skirmish was limited to 3+ persons PT when they were released. I don't get why this one can be entered solo.

As Mookies said, it's kind of difficult to find a durable group, so people tend to go solo to get their points, resulting in a increase of congestion.

Edit: Credit fixed! :)
[+]
 Valefor.Madranta
サーバ: Valefor
user: Madranta
By Valefor.Madranta 2016-04-11 04:24:03  
Is anyone else having trouble getting into Ambuscade since the patch? There seems to be no one getting in or ever coming out on Valefor. A "/sea legion" also returns a result of "0 people found in this area." We tried to enter for a good 5 minutes without success.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-04-11 04:24:51  
Asura.Neufko said: »
As Tidis said, it's kind of difficult to find a durable group, so people tend to go solo to get their points, resulting in a increase of congestion.
Thanks! But I haven't said anything like that, you seem to be giving me credit for someone else!
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2016-04-11 04:27:41  
Fixed, sorry :)
 Asura.Xijaah
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-04-11 04:34:42  
I'm starting to feel like that guest that is staying too late, when most of the other people have left the party, and the owner politely tries to make them leave without really kicking them out.
Because it would be rude.
Yes, we can still enjoy the party, we can stay late, we can have great fun despite most have gone; but ultimately the guy just wants to go to sleep, so don't expect him to bring out any more wine.
 Asura.Tarquine
By Asura.Tarquine 2016-04-11 05:06:45  
Hahahaha... Why am I not surprised? Well f**k you SE.
I'm staying clear of ambuscade until the queue nonsense is fixed properly.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-04-11 06:48:15  
You cannot search any of the layered zones, can you? I know you can't search assault areas.
By Takisan 2016-04-11 07:00:10  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
You cannot search any of the layered zones, can you? I know you can't search assault areas.

I am not sure you can, unless you are in the zone and do the current area search via menu. Somehow my ls mates are able to search and find out how many soloers are in ambuscade tho.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-04-11 07:01:10  
You can Search Ambuscade area. And you still can this patch.
But yeah, i don't believe you can search the assault areas.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-04-11 07:34:29  
/sea legion
 Phoenix.Keido
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Keido
By Phoenix.Keido 2016-04-11 09:13:21  
To that point, Every instanced content like skirmish was limited to 3+ persons PT when they were released. I don't get why this one can be entered solo.

As Mookies said, it's kind of difficult to find a durable group, so people tend to go solo to get their points, resulting in a increase of congestion.

It should not be. I wish they would have done it more like the SR model sure you can solo but you better be one hell of a top notch player to do so. Its extremely annoying to not be able to get in in 15-20 min when it takes all of 30 seconds to 1 min to kill the VD dragon. There is also no incentive to do the harder tiers for the paltry amount of points compared to just spamming the *** out of the dragon. I can do 4 VD dragons to 1 VD orc. How about make the VD Orcs 1500 points something that gives people a reason to want to fight them other than cool points.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-04-11 09:48:43  
Very simple fix for this is to extend this event to 2 additional zones:
Selbina + Rabao, with loading instanced areas into:Diorama-Abdhaljis & Purgonorgo Isle - Abdhaljis.

If you've never heard of these two zones, you're forgiven. Apparently the devs have never heard of this zone either (if they did, they'd almost certain have thunk to use these zones instead???)

They were initially Ballista (and subsequently the failed project of Brenner) zones that are absolutely 100% vacant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. These zones could absolutely be tied into the story (since Legion is also governed by Abdhljs lorewise, and he is responsible for the two mentioned zones above).

Sure there may be 5-10 people across all servers that still play ballista in the Diorama, but its likely just a fringe group of random people. Nobody ever goes to those zones for any reason, and they serve no modern day purpose. The very logical idea is to tie in these two zones to the event. Ambuscade could have 3 loading arenas if this was the case, and congestion would be split between Mhaura, Selbina, and Rabao (I chose Rabao because its a vacant town that is similar in traffc and has no current end game features tied to it).

Its possible the new dev team doesn't know anything about lore or the two zones I mentioned, but I think this is a way to very easily bridge the gap.

Or Purgonorgo Isle can be dropped and they just use Ghelsba-Diorama (which has an instanced "hut" in the zone as well and can be used for the bcnm arena). They could make Mhaura as the "Volume 1" entry point and Selbina can be the "Volume 2" entry zone.

This would make it so that the very few ballista guys aren't annoyed that their arena was merged into a new event, though I'm pretty sure nobody would care. It just makes sense this way. Best of all, I'm thinking this would take all of 15 minutes to code and present to the community.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-04-11 10:08:29  
They almost certainly would require the same or greater resources to create additional instances in either of those two zones. The problem is their hardware/software's inability to support enough instanced zones for everyone. Otherwise, there'd be a 30-60 second wait to enter if someone had just gone in like delve, but there'd still be a steady stream of entrants.
 Asura.Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-04-11 10:12:53  
Am i the only one who finds this whole ghetto coding highly irritating? Yes, i know i can unsub, and i probably will, because this doesnt feel like providing a service, but rather feels like some sort of charity.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-04-11 10:14:28  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
This would make it so that the very few ballista guys aren't annoyed that their arena was merged into a new event, though I'm pretty sure nobody would care. It just makes sense this way. Best of all, I'm thinking this would take all of 15 minutes to code and present to the community.

Seems like a very solid idea. I think an additional thing they could do to alleviate congestion is to give Hallmark rewards from other content. Tack a KI reward onto Ambuscade, similar to the upgrade KIs that Skirmish can give (at a 100% rate though). Require one of those for actually buying capes/armor, in turn, ensuring players still need to do Ambuscade to some extent.

Tacking Hallmarks onto stuff like UNMs/HTBs/Escha/etc would simply mean that upgrading items and the monthly armors would come from being an active player, which I think is the general intent behind the structure of Ambuscade.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-04-11 10:52:35  

You really can't blame people for going in solo. Seriously, look at the art description of this event from SE themselves:

Either this is a serious troll, or SE is literally encouraging players to enter solo. Not that I would ever do it, but when the developers depict the event as such, its pretty standard they have no idea wtf is going on.

I get that this was just their way of showcasing the event without really saying to enter solo, but the fact that they allow one person to go into it speaks volumes.
 Asura.Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-04-11 10:56:50  

You really can't blame people for going in solo. Seriously, look at the art description of this event from SE themselves:

Either this is a serious troll, or SE is literally encouraging players to enter solo. Not that I would ever do it, but when the developers depict the event as such, its pretty standard they have no idea wtf is going on.

I get that this was just their way of showcasing the event without really saying to enter solo, but the fact that they allow one person to go into it speaks volumes.
That screenshot must also mean SE is encouraging us to only summon 2 trusts too
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-04-11 11:01:22  
There's also the possibility that 3 of them are mages. You know, because mages can be offscreen too?
 Asura.Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-04-11 11:06:41  
There's also the possibility that 3 of them are mages. You know, because mages can be offscreen too?
Perhaps those mages offscreen are real characters! I guess we'll never know.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 28 29 30