Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 91 92 93 ... 201 202 203
 Valefor.Maurauc
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2016-08-10 08:53:58  
Asura.Aikoneko said: »
1200 on VD Intense, 3600 with the item for triple. Got to 12,000 hallmarks in 6 runs tonight just messing around.

Fantastic. Got a couple of seals sitting around. Managed 4.2k last night along, so going to enjoy hitting 20,000 this month easily.
Thanks for testing.
By Pantafernando 2016-08-11 04:31:54  
Quote:
Hello!

This is something that we just might be able to do! The team will take a look at enabling chococard transferring between characters within the same account, and as long as there are no major issues, they'll work towards getting this feature implemented in the next version update at the earliest.

Thanks for your feedback concerning chococards and stay tuned for updates!
By Pantafernando 2016-08-11 04:33:56  
Relative to Reverend Mail or any 119 gear for WHM melee.

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion!

Though we can't make any promises this will be implemented, the team will definitely take this into consideration for the future.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-08-18 04:18:05  
Quote:
Not what it means at all! The development team first would like to give those that may have missed out on previous months’ Ambuscade rewards by implementing these tickets, but they are also actively working on creating new equipment to be added to Ambuscade after this.

Also, as another quick note, the tickets that can be purchased through Ambuscade will require the same amount of points as usual.
By Pantafernando 2016-08-18 04:20:14  
Quote:
Greetings, everyone!

I’d like to pass on some comments from the development team in response to the suggestions in this thread.

Key items
Currently no plans to change the way key items are obtained, and system-wise it would not be possible to make it so the monster targets change each day. Also, in regards to preparing various ways to obtain the key item, when repeating runs as a party, you’ll ultimately all be doing the same method to obtain it, and would likely choose the most efficient option. We'd like to hear additional feedback on what everyone feels would be an appropriate method to obtaining the key item.

Area appearance
Unfortunately we aren’t able to change the maps for Ambuscade. While it might be possible for us to place objects or add some variation inside of the instance, this would not be a proper solution. If you feel you are getting worn out while doing it, we recommend taking a break from Ambuscade to do something else, then come back when you are reinvigorated!

Adding a reward NPC to other areas
Since it’s not as simple as using the same exact NPC data, it would take a bit of work to do, but this might just be possible. We’ll take a look and see if we can accomplish this!

Method to swap in differently augments capes
Unfortunately from a technical perspective, renaming capes so that they can be macroed in is not possible. While it may be possible to create the same exact item with a different name, which can then be augmented, this would reduce the amount of space available for other new items. However, if you use your inventory and wardrobes, you can actually successfully swap in different types of capes.

Purchasing Abdhaljs Seals with login points
We can look into this; however, it would not be possible to transfer these between characters under the same account.

We’re happy to see all the feedback on Ambuscade and hope you continue to suggest ways to improve this content moving forward!
By Pantafernando 2016-08-18 04:22:40  
Quote:
While this is an interesting idea, the entire concept of merit points is very different from job points, especially in the sense that they can be earned on any job you wish. Balance adjustments have been made based on the caps for each job’s merit point categories, so making it possible to max out each one would result in the necessity for re-balancing. Due to these reasons we do not have any plans at the moment to make it possible to max out all merit point categories.
By Pantafernando 2016-08-18 16:36:10  
Quote:
The tickets will actually be available for total Hallmarks only. These tickets will only be exchangeable for all of the Ambuscade equipment introduced thus far, and not for any other type of items.

While I mentioned that we would be adding new equipment after September, we’ll be looking into methods so that these previous sets can still be obtained by those who missed prior months. However, there is a possibility that we do not limit this to Hallmarks and may do something different.
By Pantafernando 2016-08-19 04:08:55  
Quote:
Announcing the Next Version Update (08/19/2016)

The next version update is scheduled for early September.

In addition to the monthly changes to Ambuscade, the battle-ready will find fresh ways to test their limits with the addition of a new master trial.

Those interested in more alter egos will also be pleased with the addition of a new quest to flesh out their repertoire.
 Asura.Foreverj
サーバ: Asura
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-08-19 06:07:45  
Oh god , another wasted resources on new master trial.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-19 06:09:39  
Are you surprised? They already said they're gonna release Master Trials on each odd month, at least until march =/
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-08-19 06:24:32  
I mean like the whole update is more ambuscade and master trial. Nothing to look forward to. Same crap for last 5 months.

Awesome linkshell leader says: I have an announcement to make. We are no longer a aeonic and merc linkshell. We are now a master trial linkshell. We shall dedicate ourselves to the hardest crap they will throw at us and we will do it for that lock style sword so we can show off in town.

"Half the linkshell quickly runs to the door"
 Sylph.Traxus
サーバ: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2016-08-19 06:26:31  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Are you surprised? They already said they're gonna release Master Trials on each odd month, at least until march =/

You'd figure by now they could see nobody is doing master trials, and spend that tiny amount of effort on something else.

I mean unity/high tier battlefields/sinister reign are all cheap content made out of recycled assets as well, and actually well received, but those have been abandoned entirely.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
サーバ: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2016-08-19 06:32:53  
Well you know they coulda just said *** it and not do anything, gets really annoying to see this every time they do something.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-08-19 06:36:46  
Nite, why the sad face?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-19 06:42:58  
Sylph.Traxus said: »

You'd figure by now they could see nobody is doing master trials, and spend that tiny amount of effort on something else.
I don't think they do and I don't think they care.

I also think that when they make plans, they're mid/long term plans and they get to the end of that plan regardless, and then at the end of it they decide wether they want to continue or if the plan was a failure and they stop it for something else, or change it into something else.

Whatever, they probably have a very complex bureaucracy where if the devs have idea they need to meet certain internal "quality standards" and then be approved by someone else and blahblahbblah following a certain bureaucracy chain, and I'm confident things have already been planned and decided until march at least.

This is not the kind of business where they live for the day and do not plan more forward than a few weeks ahead, even if honestly they often give me the impression they do.

Not trying to defend them for the awful way Master Trials have been handed out to us so far, just trying to understand and explain why things are the way they are.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-19 06:44:21  
Asura.Foreverj said: »
I mean like the whole update is more ambuscade and master trial. Nothing to look forward to. Same crap for last 5 months.

Awesome linkshell leader says: I have an announcement to make. We are no longer a aeonic and merc linkshell. We are now a master trial linkshell. We shall dedicate ourselves to the hardest crap they will throw at us and we will do it for that lock style sword so we can show off in town.

If those were LS content (i.e. alliance stuff) probably a few more LS would be interested even with the complete lack of rewards.
But in reality it's even worse because of how punishing the entry fees are, the difficulty and the 6 men cap.

/sigh
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-08-19 07:24:29  
I don't think we would mind if we get 3 month updates and actually get "something." But all these nothings from these monthly updates is too annoying. Like why even try?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-19 07:53:33  
I agree but at the same time it's so much more than the complete nothing we were all expecting after the RoV announcement, right?

Does this mean wet should be happy now?
I swear I'm trying... :'(
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-08-19 07:57:35  
So they should have gave us ambuscade and the job adjustment 5 months ago and nothing till all and it would have been the same thing.

Thanks for trying sech lol
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-08-19 08:03:35  
There are still tons of things for more casual players to do. It's only those who have been at the top for a while running out of content. And that's not really surprising. Most likely the top players will fizzle out and they'll slowly buff/nerf so more and more people can acquire aeonics before they quit the game.
[+]
By faytaru 2016-08-19 08:41:56  
The only buff I anticipate for Aeonics is a proper upgrade/augment system - particularly weapons that have no viable use beyond lockstyle. I personally doubt there's going to be any meaningful nerf for a series of weapons meant to be one of the most difficult to attain in general.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2016-08-19 08:55:51  
No mention of expanding the AoE nerf, of course.
By FaeQueenCory 2016-08-19 09:01:45  
ScaevolaBahamut said: »
They don't tend to mention technical things.

Last month they didn't mention the evasion change or the defense change until the more detailed announcement at the end of the month.
 Sylph.Traxus
サーバ: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2016-08-19 09:26:42  
Whatever, they probably have a very complex bureaucracy where if the devs have idea they need to meet certain internal "quality standards" and then be approved by someone else and blahblahbblah following a certain bureaucracy chain, and I'm confident things have already been planned and decided until march at least.

Complex bureaucracy? I doubt they have more than a couple people even working on the game full-time.

I think it's more likely they churned out all of these ambuscades/master trials in a one stint, and are just releasing them piecemeal to retain subs.
By Verda 2016-08-19 10:16:12  
I like both ambuscade and master trials. So there. They've transformed some jobs entire balance the last 5 months not just with balance changes to the jobs themselves, but with new gear, guess that was "nothing".
[+]
By Murisia 2016-08-19 11:31:25  
Ambuscade isn't bad but I haven't tried the master trials yet. Both are a bit on the grinding path. Which is fine but not completely my style lol.
By Afania 2016-08-19 12:06:52  
Asura.Foreverj said: »

What do you want SE to do then?

Make master trial drops reward thats appropriate for the effort? They will need to give players god tier gears that beats reisenjima and ambuscade gears, not only those who spent million gil in augment will complain about gears gets outdated, casuals will also complain about how their gears are wayyy inferior to top end players who has aeonics AND master trial gears. The gap between someone who can't even kill T3 and someone that beats aeonic +master trials will be so huge that avg players can't ever compete.

If SE makes master trials easier and give good rewards, those who already beat aeonic will get bored and quit because it's too easy.

If they keep current difficulty and give sidegrades people will still go "lol not worth doing"

Tl;dr, regardless of what SE do about new content, someone will complain because that's not what they wanted.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-08-19 12:37:54  
ScaevolaBahamut said: »
What is this regarding?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-19 13:41:25  
Afania said: »
They will need to give players god tier gears that beats reisenjima and ambuscade gears
Naaah, not gear, that would be a bad idea.
But it could, you know, drop random expensive mats?
It doesn't have to be something that nets you 40000 billions of gil each time, but a small reward?
Beit boxes, Delve/Vagary mats, VW mats, Voidwalkers mats, stuff like that...

That plus the ability to buy entry fee with JPs too as well as MP would have generated MUCH less discontent and way more people at least attempting to do it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-08-19 14:12:04  
Gil stuff is the same problem. If 500 merits is spent on leviathan vd by a group of 6, you can expect ~200 boxes and 150 cases. This amounts to roughly 2100 of each currency, or around 70m on most servers. With the much higher difficulty and lower win rate, it would need to be 150-200m for people to bother.

I'd suggest creating a sort of skip token for tedious content as a reward, and every player gets token. Perhaps let the player choose from options such as:

-Skip 50x assault in mythic
-Receive Balrahn's Eyepatch
-Receive Wyrmseeker areuhat
-Receive magian empyrean weapon that's just past the vnm stage ready to start abyssea trials
-Receive 50/75x any abyssea mat(amount needed for emp trial)
-Receive attestation and matching fragment(for completion only, because you know they put in options like that)
-Cap 1 Coalition(maybe not, they seem to be very much hardasses about lowering that timer)

I'd say straight RME kupons if I knew the content wouldn't hit farm status, but that might have an impact on lowbies trying to farm alex or relic currency to progress.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 91 92 93 ... 201 202 203