フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 201 202 203
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-01 05:18:31  
I regret the Ergon Weapon update wasn't more specific.
Something like: "If you balanced the cost of 10k materials to offeset the fact that some people spent a lot of time/effort into getting Afterglow with the old method, why did you put such a strain even for Ergon Weapons, where there is no Afterglow trial?"

Would be really curious to see them climbing up walls trying to make up an excuse for that.

Also regret nobody asked a smart question about Unity.
The main problem I see with too many people into the same unity is two folded
1) Apururu/Yoran (which are usually on top) are by far the best healer trusts, especially Apururu is the only one with a form of MP regain (Nott) and AoE cures, making her pretty unique, so much that it's hard to give it up
2) Unity bonus: if you want those bonus to be at top, you have to be on the best Unity. If they changed that so that you can still mantain the best bonus within the first three spots in the tier list each week, I'm sure the problem with "too many people within the same unity", while not completely solved, would become much less relevant.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2016-08-01 06:50:11  
I'm sad that no one asked about Monstrosity :(
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-08-01 07:00:03  
Phoenix.Gameesh said: »

People asked, they didn't answer.
By Afania 2016-08-01 07:06:09  
Asura.Sechs said: »
I regret the Ergon Weapon update wasn't more specific.
Something like: "If you balanced the cost of 10k materials to offeset the fact that some people spent a lot of time/effort into getting Afterglow with the old method, why did you put such a strain even for Ergon Weapons, where there is no Afterglow trial?"

Would be really curious to see them climbing up walls trying to make up an excuse for that.

Also regret nobody asked a smart question about Unity.
The main problem I see with too many people into the same unity is two folded
1) Apururu/Yoran (which are usually on top) are by far the best healer trusts, especially Apururu is the only one with a form of MP regain (Nott) and AoE cures, making her pretty unique, so much that it's hard to give it up

I thought Yoran can Nott too.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-01 07:15:44  
He can, he also has afflatus solace. Excellent healer and alternative to apururu, but he has no aoe spells.

They're pretty much the same, swap curagas with solace
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2016-08-01 07:43:59  
Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Phoenix.Gameesh said: »

People asked, they didn't answer.
Months ago they already answered: no more monstrosity ever.

It's dead content.
By Pantafernando 2016-08-03 16:33:19  
I dont like to interfere with Funkworkz great job to create the update topic, but i feel like updates are excelent topic for discussion, so borrowing that from the (locked) August update thread, for further discussion (related to topic, please).

Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-08-03 17:11:14  
New music? How is it?
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-08-03 17:11:49  
Link right above your post. Lol
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-08-03 17:15:54  
Can't listen at the moment, was curious about how it sounds though
By Pantafernando 2016-08-04 21:46:57  
Excellent news:

Quote:
Thanks for all of the ideas! We've passed on all your suggestions to the team.

In terms of improvements that we are working on at the moment, to better reward you for your efforts in Intense Ambuscade, we are looking into increasing the amount of Hallmarks earned upon completion. (Gallantry will remain unchanged.)

The team is currently in the process of making adjustments so you receive double the current amount, and we are hoping to get this implemented as early as next week. We hope that this creates more of an incentive to bump the challenge up a bit more and head into Intense Ambuscade!

We'll follow up if we hear anything further about the suggestions listed in this thread.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-08-04 21:50:45  
Mmmm. 1200 point Ambuscade runs. Can't wait to use Abdhaljs Seals on those. Lol
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-05 02:13:15  
Wow, that would be *** awesome.
Grinding 20k poitns or more suddnely wouldn't be a major annoyance anymore!

Slightly unrelated question: Are Abdhalys Dyes capped at 10 this month as well?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-08-05 02:13:54  
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-05 03:00:25  
Oh, so this month we can get 4th augment on TWO capes. Well that's nice.
Is the cost still 800 Hallmarks each? (8k total)
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-08-05 03:02:46  
It is. 10 from Hallmarks, 5 from Gallantry, 5 from Total Hallmarks
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-08-05 03:28:40  
He can, he also has afflatus solace. Excellent healer and alternative to apururu, but he has no aoe spells.

Apururu will haste her master, I think. Yoran will not.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-05 03:39:24  
Valefor.Omnys said: »

Apururu will haste her master, I think. Yoran will not.
Oh that's another difference, Apururu will haste1 people (master included, maybe depending on job), Yoran won't haste anyone.

But that's actually a pro for Yoran and a Con for Apururu.
Most of the time you have a RDM together with healer, and if you get Haste1 up, your RDM won't caste Haste2 on you, forcing you to manually cancel it, and it can be pretty annoying.
With Yoran you don't have this "issue" of course.
But, again, this is irrelevant.
The main factor why Apururu shines is the fact she's the only main healer who can reliably cast curagas on your party. It's what makes a difference in several solo/lowmen fights.
By Pantafernando 2016-08-05 03:47:03  
Quote:
Announcing the Return Home to Vana'diel Campaign! (08/05/2016)

The summer holidays are a perfect time to delve into entertainment pursuits, and we're holding a Return Home to Vana'diel campaign to make coming back to
Final Fantasy XI even easier!

Campaign Period
Friday, August 12, 2016 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Monday, August 22 at the same hour.

Read on for details. http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/wcb/
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-08-05 04:08:12  
The main factor why Apururu shines is the fact she's the only main healer who can reliably cast curagas on your party. It's what makes a difference in several solo/lowmen fights.

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't want to depend exclusively on Yoran-Oran in this month's ambuscade in an average group. That addle combined with single-target cures = someone would die. (Luckily, you'd almost have to try deliberately to not have a human who couldn't assist in healing... a blu, a geo, pld, etc)
 Siren.Flannelman
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Flannelman 2016-08-05 04:35:00  
Trusts casting Haste 1 on you isnt a problem as long as you have Arciela(I) as she will overwrite it with hasteII
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-08-05 04:42:44  
Yoran has very high status resistance. While Apururu will get silenced, paralyzed, stoned and whatever else, Yoran will frequently just shrug that ***off and then will quickly get it off of you.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-05 05:13:10  
Siren.Flannelman said: »
Trusts casting Haste 1 on you isnt a problem as long as you have Arciela(I) as she will overwrite it with hasteII
Arciela 1 tends to cast Haste2 on summoner regardless, true. But she's not very reliable.
I've noticed if you have no haste on you she will cast Haste2 on you with sorta high priority.
If you already have haste1 on you she will eventually overwrite it with Haste2, but with very low priority.

tl;dr It works, but it's still sorta annoying.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-08-05 11:56:42  
Pantafernando said: »
Quote:
Announcing the Return Home to Vana'diel Campaign! (08/05/2016)

The summer holidays are a perfect time to delve into entertainment pursuits, and we're holding a Return Home to Vana'diel campaign to make coming back to
Final Fantasy XI even easier!

Campaign Period
Friday, August 12, 2016 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Monday, August 22 at the same hour.

Read on for details. http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/wcb/

yay
By ScaevolaBahamut 2016-08-05 12:21:19  
Valefor.Omnys said: »

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't want to depend exclusively on Yoran-Oran in this month's ambuscade in an average group. That addle combined with single-target cures = someone would die. (Luckily, you'd almost have to try deliberately to not have a human who couldn't assist in healing... a blu, a geo, pld, etc)

Selh'teus.
By Verda 2016-08-05 12:40:12  
Yah I love Selh'teus for many situations, not only does he aoe heal, it's aoe mp and aoe tp as well, and if the mages are silenced he'll still heal because it's a tp move. Arceila I is also great for her aoe heal that is a tp move as well and often overlooked but Lekho Habhoka Inspirit is an aoe heal + erase though I'm not quite sure how reliable it is, Ingrid II also has a TP move aoe heal and Iroha II has one that supposedly grants reraise and stoneskin as well as is an aoe heal but I've never seen it :/
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2016-08-05 12:50:18  
The thing that's particularly nice about Selh'teus is that he has Regain and either force-capped hitrate or insane accuracy, so he'll always have the TP necessary to fire off Rejuvenation. Arciela I would be a close second but I typically run KoH as my RDM for -nas. Iroha II's Stoneskin is indeed super good but I basically never have a reason to run her.
By Pantafernando 2016-08-09 17:07:29  
Good news:

Quote:
Greetings, everyone!

As pointed out by Zeldar, the newly added Jhakri equipment makes it so all jobs have Ambuscade equipment now, and in terms of what comes next, we will be making it possible to reacquire past pieces for those who might have missed certain months of Ambuscade. In the next version update we'll be introducing tickets that can be purchased with total hallmarks, which will allow you to select the piece of gear you would like.
[+]
 Valefor.Maurauc
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2016-08-10 06:26:01  
So, along with the login campaign update:
Code
A version update was performed on FINAL FANTASY XI at the following time.

[Date & Time]
Aug. 10, 2016 7:00 (GMT)

[Affected Service]
FINAL FANTASY XI

[Update Detail]
- Hallmarks obtained upon clearing the battle content "Intense Ambuscade" has been increased.

Hooray for extra Hallmarks!
Can anyone confirm if it is double Hallmarks, or did they go nuts/lame with the increase?
 Asura.Aikoneko
user: maeko91
By Asura.Aikoneko 2016-08-10 07:18:17  
1200 on VD Intense, 3600 with the item for triple. Got to 12,000 hallmarks in 6 runs tonight just messing around.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 201 202 203