2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 92 93 94 ... 201 202 203
By Afania 2016-08-19 14:45:26  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Gil stuff is the same problem. If 500 merits is spent on leviathan vd by a group of 6, you can expect ~200 boxes and 150 cases. This amounts to roughly 2100 of each currency, or around 70m on most servers. With the much higher difficulty and lower win rate, it would need to be 150-200m for people to bother.

I'd suggest creating a sort of skip token for tedious content as a reward, and every player gets token. Perhaps let the player choose from options such as:

-Skip 50x assault in mythic
-Receive Balrahn's Eyepatch
-Receive Wyrmseeker areuhat
-Receive magian empyrean weapon that's just past the vnm stage ready to start abyssea trials
-Receive 50/75x any abyssea mat(amount needed for emp trial)
-Receive attestation and matching fragment(for completion only, because you know they put in options like that)
-Cap 1 Coalition(maybe not, they seem to be very much hardasses about lowering that timer)

I'd say straight RME kupons if I knew the content wouldn't hit farm status, but that might have an impact on lowbies trying to farm alex or relic currency to progress.

The ones capable of clearing master trials probably already own enough legendary weapons, idk if that's something super appealing either. Again, it also create bigger gap between top end players and casual players. There will be people capable of finishing one aeonic in 2 days and own 10+ aeonics, and these same people would have the ability to finish 1 mythic in a few days, v.s casual won't even able to finish 1 aeonic and need months to even finish one mythic.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-08-19 14:55:59  
That's a pretty artificial gap, though. If someone has an extra mythic for a rarely played job, it doesn't make them more powerful just more flexible(and often not even that with how much people stick to certain jobs).

Solutions that generate enough gil to be worthwhile cause problems for everyone who can't do them.

Solutions that generate significant strength gain cause imbalance in general.

A solution that simply lowers grinding for those who can do it is much less likely to cause any problems. Keep in mind that even the most effective farmers will need at least 2 hours to get merits and do the BC. If they win 50% of the time, you're up to 12 hours to prep a mythic that way or 16 hours to prep an emp(using a dedicated and capable group the entire time). It's notably shorter, but not out of scale with required effort boost.

I can multibox an aeonic in 2 days with 0 outside help, but somehow people on my server still work on them. You can't eliminate all advantage from gear/knowledge/coordination or people lose the drive to acquire them.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Avallon 2016-08-19 15:13:20  
I can multibox an aeonic in 2 days with 0 outside help.

[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-08-19 15:17:20  
that's how you go crosseyed, the pros use less monitors and higher resolution
[+]
By Afania 2016-08-19 15:42:52  
That's a pretty artificial gap, though. If someone has an extra mythic for a rarely played job, it doesn't make them more powerful just more flexible(and often not even that with how much people stick to certain jobs).

Yeah and when ls recruit for new members, top end players with access to multiple well geared jobs are often easier to get in, on the other hand it's a lot harder for casual players who doesn't have REMA. Although you can probably argue that most of the mythics are not relevant in endgame, but the fact is that many endgame ls application forum asks how many REMA do you have, and those without one will have worse app compare with those who has 20 legendary weapons.

Also I believe that long grind in this game still serves a purpose to keep people playing as long as possible. When you reach a point to be able to finish aeonic in 2 days AND finish mythics in a week, idk if there's much point to keep playing, IMO.

Not to mention shorter grind is still not appealing enough to those that don't want 20 mythics.

Personally, I think a situational useful gear or small boost would be good enough. I'm totally willing to do things like master trial for situational gears like phalanx +3 ring, or things like that. You probably aren't going to have an OP character without item like this.

As long people stop complaining about master trial gear isn't god tier.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-08-19 15:55:52  
i don't think the people who can treat master trials as farm status and use it to bypass grinding are the same people trying to get into linkshells..

but i would agree that a small reward like phalanx+3 ring is fine, as long as there's some progression to be made by doing it

i'd even be happy with glowing weapon for every job from each bc, but se probably doesnt want to make 15 weapons each time.. current reward is just lame, has no value unless you care about cosmetics AND play sword or greatsword jobs
By Nyarlko 2016-08-21 04:24:10  
My main gripes about the master trials:
* The cosmetic reward weapon is not even visible unless you are engaged. =_=;; Even if you manage to get one, and run around town with one, no one will be able to tell..
* There are no other cosmetic rewards other than the one-cheeked weapon. Seriously, they couldn't bother to even add unique titles?
* I don't think they are even proving to themselves that the fights are beatable w/ actual testing. With the last one, Matsui ran in and got splattered before he could even engage, then laughed about it. (._.)

As far as other potential drops, I'd say that anything amazingly awesome would be a problem due to the difficulty level preventing the majority from having a chance at actually getting one. (The problem here being that I really don't want to be sitting here drooling over something that is essentially impossible for me to obtain, nor do I wish to hear others whine about their inability to obtain.)

I do think that maybe something super-niche which shouldn't carry much risk of disrupting combat balance might work tho. Like an earring with "HHP+100" or "Latent: Movement speed +12%" (which stacks w/ other gear, but turns off if you are on anythings agro list.) I'm sure there are plenty more imaginative options for this type of concept of "That's awesome! But it does nothing to help me kill things faster". Or would something along those lines also fail to be considered worthy of the effort?
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-08-21 13:11:22  
Next AMA is reserved for Riftdross rate switch to Riftcinder rate and vis versa. Kthx.
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2016-08-22 20:24:35  
Lol, that Almace grind not treating you so well, Az?
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-08-24 02:21:43  
It is but i didnt plan to do Gun also tho ;/
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-08-24 18:49:59  
Nyarlko said: »
The problem here being that I really don't want to be sitting here drooling over something that is essentially impossible for me to obtain, nor do I wish to hear others whine about their inability to obtain.
I've never understood this mentality of entitlement. Just because something is in a game, you're entitled to be able to access it on your own terms?

The lack of accessibility is one of the things that used to make FFXI so great. The fact that I could obtain something that few other people had was what made me treasure that thing so highly. I didn't have to have *everything*, because other players didn't have *everything* either. Each person was carving their own path through the game based on what they prioritized in the game.

Now everyone is on the same path: Sparks > Delve > Skirmish > Unity > Escha.
[+]
By Verda 2016-08-24 20:53:34  
Nyarlko said: »
Seriously, they couldn't bother to even add unique titles?

The Shadowlord Master Trial's title is Lux Ex Tenebris, it translates to The Light from the Darkness.

The rest of this isn't in reply to Nyralko. Imo the fights themselves are part of the reward, but then I was the kind of kid who liked setting Doom 2 to nightmare mode just to see how far I could get (Not very far, but I had fun doing it). My Dad, my friends, even my siblings had more fun setting God mode and running through everything but that felt empty to me. I'm drawn to challenge, it makes me feel good. I won't try to explain it, and I'm not saying one thing is better than the other and sure as hell not saying you should be like me this way. What I am saying is that I realize it's not for everyone. Regardless, I hope more people try out master trials because I think they're very fun.

The hardest challenge is a social challenge imo. Finding the right people, and getting them all to agree to die with you over and over, and keep their determination is the Trial, and the same can be said of Aeonics, I've talked to more than one person gear and players weren't the problem for Aeonic clears, it was people willing to stick out all the death to figure it out for themselves as even with given strats there's a ton of trial and error. Getting geared up top end and enough game knowledge to do the fights is the fun part and just playing the game. Finding people to show up on time and wanting to do Black and White, the Odin, 9 Valkyries, and Alexander master trial, has been very socially trying, JP have won these first and the wins recorded for this have all been with RNG setups, to me that's thrilling because I have struggled to bring RNG to content that matters since about 2003 and RNG was my favorite and main job, I only caught the tail end of the Delve era when I came back, and almost no one kept RNG updated and almost no one wants to, and the only friend I had who also loved RNG whether it was meta or not quit. But I'm not giving up. There is a lot of content I could clear, if RNG was a job anyone but me actually wanted to play.

Yesterday I convinced some friends to do low man neak, RNG SCH GEO PLD RDM with Star Sibyl as the trust. We farmed 2 herc bodies and had a lot of fun. RNG can cap accuracy on that with just gear, vorseals and food, then skillchain off fusion to close light while rdm, sch and geo burst. Later we also invited a BLM to join, the skillchain + burst volley took half of its hp when the geo bolstered. Even with stuff like that tho, the number of people wishing to make mythic ranger, or any form of ranger is very few, and I feel except for the Delve era, it's really unpopular in western groups (though it has a very long history I think with JP groups and is much more valued there).

My entire point to all of this, is that I feel master trials are not only fun, but they help showcase jobs that aren't "meta". SL shows off BRD and NIN which the herdmind of the community doesn't think much of for some reason, yet they were super effective there (and NIN was also used in a JP clear of Tumult Curator). BRD is used in tons of endgame content, so not sure why the community thinks it's just a crappy geo. Master trials are giving other jobs something to aim for and do. Right now the game is fairly balanced, Melee are king of BCNMs and many ambuscade as well as UNMs, Mages are at the moment king of escha but suck at most BCNM and have trouble with hard UNM, Pets are hard to come by but used in Escha and BCNMs, though I haven't heard of any high tier UNM clears with pets. Healer and support jobs are varied and all used, though WHM takes the cake of healer of course. BRD is more situational than GEO but is still the only job that can do a lot of what it can do, and same with COR. RDM is discriminated against but is very viable and very useful as an enfeebler and enhancer, silence for WoC for example is not very often used but can save runs when SV pops up.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-08-26 04:02:31  
Quote:
Announcing the September Version Update

A good day to you, adventurers! Matsui here with your monthly version update rundown.

I’d like to present you with a list of what to expect in the next version update, scheduled for Tuesday, September 6.

The month will once again bring about new foes to tackle in Ambuscade together with different rewards. In the August version update, armor rewards finally came full circle, so this time we have prepared some tickets that can be exchanged for varying pieces of armor. As always, I must advise you to spend your hallmarks and badges of gallantry before the reset.

We’ll also be bringing you a new master trial to sink your teeth into. This time two particularly heinous fiends from one of our most difficult mission battles join the fray.

On the lighter side, quests to obtain new alter egos and mounts will be added—and hopefully you’ll be pleasantly surprised to see exactly who and what.

You can also expect a variety of quality-of-life adjustments, including adjustments to Walk of Echoes spoils, some changes to the synthesis system, and more detailed help text on food and drink items.

Below is a detailed chart of exactly what we’re planning for September. As always, these items are currently undergoing testing, and unforeseen issues may cause us to delay one or more items to a later update.

Mission and Quest-related
New quest
・Create text
Records of Eminence
・Create text
In-game Content and System-related
Ambuscade
・Add new notorious monsters
Master Trial
・Add new notorious monsters
Records of Eminence
・Add new objectives
Walk of Echoes
・Adjust rewards
Trust
・Add new alter egos
Personal chocobo and mounts
・Add new mounts
・Expand areas in which mounts can be ridden
・Add chocobo digging to other areas
Synthesis
・Adjust system
Auto-translate dictionary
・Add new words
Titles
・Add new title
Battle-related
Summoner
・Adjust pet commands
Monsters
・Adjust damage of AoE special attacks
Item-related
Ambuscade
・Create new reward items
Master Trial
・Create new reward items
Certain foods
・Add help text -
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-08-26 04:39:47  
Quote:
Synthesis
・Adjust system

Wat
[+]
 Valefor.Maurauc
サーバ: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2016-08-26 04:44:46  
Turns out the AMA was the first time they ever heard of the moon-phase, direction and time affecting crafting, so they're going to add it!
[+]
By Bahadir 2016-08-26 04:56:52  
Pantafernando said: »
Battle-related
Summoner
・Adjust pet commands
:O did I miss something?
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-08-26 06:00:55  
Walk of echoes was actually pretty fun to do when not in a group. Hopefully it's worth doing whatever adjustments they are doing to the spoils.
 Fenrir.Acey
サーバ: Fenrir
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2016-08-26 06:43:43  
Inb4 next master trial featuring omega and ultima and super extreme mammits or however they were spelled
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-08-26 07:58:09  
Fenrir.Acey said: »
Inb4 next master trial featuring omega and ultima and super extreme mammits or however they were spelled

It is O/U, but man I really don't want mammets to be there. Though based on how they did Odin/Alex they very well could include those...
By Pantafernando 2016-08-30 03:59:04  
Quote:
Beat the Heat Campaign (08/30/2016)

The following campaigns are coming to Vana'diel starting on Sunday, September 11 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT)

Campaign Period: Sunday, September 11 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Friday, September 30 at 7:59 a.m.

Mog Gardens Campaign
Mog Gardens will undergo the following modifications throughout the duration.
- The number of shining stars received when entering a Mog Garden will be doubled.
- The coastal fishing net will provide different special items.
- Items may be harvest from Monster Rearing twice per day.
- The following items will be sold in the gardens specially throughout the duration.
Golden Seed Pouch / Chestnut Tree Sap / Monarch Beetle Saliva
Mahogany Bed / Noble's Bed / Goblin Stew 880

Surge Walk Campaign
All Walk of Echoes content will become surge and endowed walks throughout the duration. Use this opportunity to get valuable items, experience, and capacity points!
* Walks that are normal when the campaign begins will be converted to surge walks upon entry.

Geas Fete Campaign - PLUS!
Receive double the usual amount of escha silt from defeating monsters in escha areas during the campaign. Additionally, personal rewards from Geas Fete are increased by two items, and players will receive either an eschalixir, eschalixir +1, or eschalixir +2.
* In Reisenjima, players will receive either pellucid stones, fern stones, or taupe stones.

Abjuration Dial Campaign
Receive a Dial Key #Ab once per day upon login! This special key can be traded to a Gobbie Mystery Box NPC in order to spin the special dial and perhaps win a valuable prize!
* Daily Tally will not be consumed upon spinning the dial.
* Only characters for whom at least 45 days have passed since character creation are eligible to use the Gobbie Mystery Box.

Domain Invasion Campaign
Throughout the campaign, during a Domain Invasion no notorious monsters other than Azi Dahaka, Naga Raja, or Quetzalcoatl will spawn.

Domain Invasion Anti-Predator Campaign
The following notorious monsters will not prowl the skies throughout the duration of the campaign.
Azi Dahaka in Escha - Zi'Tah
Naga Raja in Escha - Ru'Aun

Monster Rearing Campaign
Reared creatures will be twice as likely to transform during the campaign.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-30 04:30:48  
SE forgot about the HTBF campaigns =/
And no Vagary either, I need it to reduce the price on Staunch Tathlum and Stikini/Varar ring gdi!

The Escha campaign will furtherly reduce the price on the items who depend on Eschite and especially Vulcanite ores, like the newly added ammos for PUP and SMN
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-08-30 04:33:13  
Refresh Vorseals gooooooooooooooooooooooo
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-30 04:48:26  
Are you at 11 already Llewelyn?
I stopped at like 9/11 with the Acc and I'm at like 6 on the Regen/refresh.
Doubt I'll have the will, strength or whatever else is necessary to reach 11 in any of them honestly.
Past 8 it's such a huge and annoying grind...

With both campaigns going it should be pretty fast to rotate between zones though.
By Afania 2016-08-30 05:00:06  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Refresh Vorseals gooooooooooooooooooooooo

50k beads gooooooooo(hopefully)
By Ruaumoko 2016-08-30 05:39:45  
No CP.

Fail.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-08-30 06:36:51  
I'll absolutely be getting to 8 regen/refresh. Probably going to mostly skip Quetz since I'm already 9 there and he's easy enough anytime. Think I'm at 5/7 or 6/7 with regen/refresh and those are nice ones to have for sure.
[+]
 Asura.Masrur
user: ribena
By Asura.Masrur 2016-08-30 07:10:59  
<Yawn>
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-08-30 09:21:12  
Asura.Sechs said: »
No, I have like 4 in Refresh, lol. I didn't do much last Campaign 'cause I got bored quickly. I'm at I think 6 Regen, 4 Refresh, 9 Acc.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-08-30 10:43:42  
Need beads now, not in a week! ;-)
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-08-30 11:07:29  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
No, I have like 4 in Refresh, lol. I didn't do much last Campaign 'cause I got bored quickly. I'm at I think 6 Regen, 4 Refresh, 9 Acc.

Same, but double DI campaigns might mean I have to get off my *** and farm them, lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 92 93 94 ... 201 202 203