フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 201 202 203
 Valefor.Esdain
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2015-09-09 05:03:45  
Content and System Related doesn't mention the addition of the ability to summon Trusts in Abyssea. That was mentioned earlier. I hope that they just forgot and are not pushing that off for another several months.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-09 05:12:47  
Finally geo and run emotes!!!
[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-09-09 05:53:25  
Valefor.Esdain said: »
Content and System Related doesn't mention the addition of the ability to summon Trusts in Abyssea. That was mentioned earlier. I hope that they just forgot and are not pushing that off for another several months.

It is mentioned.

"Trust: Expand the content in which alter egos can be used."
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-09-09 06:28:40  
Beast and Drachen roll are being made to include ranged attack and accuracy.

What they hell are they adjusting my puppet? Skills and attachment effects can only possibly be boosted, no one thinks PUP is OP so we are safe there. But merits? Why the hell are they changing our merits around?

I wonder how Dark Knight is being adjusted. I think we can all agree that if absorb spells scaled with Dark Magic skill while your main job is DRK, that would be a pretty bitchin' boost for DRK. We'll have to see though.

Ready range and Blood Pact range are most likely being swapped. This isn't a big deal to me, but if they really did nerf it down to 5 yalms, that will end the bandwagon. Groups like mine will be unaffected since we can work around that, but it wouldn't be viable anymore for most players. But most likely it's 15 yalms, which won't change anything.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-09-09 06:50:04  
Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »

What they hell are they adjusting my puppet? Skills and attachment effects can only possibly be boosted, no one thinks PUP is OP so we are safe there. But merits? Why the hell are they changing our merits around?

I wonder how Dark Knight is being adjusted. I think we can all agree that if absorb spells scaled with Dark Magic skill while your main job is DRK, that would be a pretty bitchin' boost for DRK. We'll have to see though.

Ready range and Blood Pact range are most likely being swapped. This isn't a big deal to me, but if they really did nerf it down to 5 yalms, that will end the bandwagon. Groups like mine will be unaffected since we can work around that, but it wouldn't be viable anymore for most players. But most likely it's 15 yalms, which won't change anything.

Absolutely. I can work with 5 yalms. That just means my white Mage will actually need to cure. It's going to be business as usual. If it's 15 yalms then awesome.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-09 08:59:15  
I recall they said that they're combining the 3 automaton skill merit categories into a single category. I'll see if I can dig it up.
 Cerberus.Balloon
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2015-09-09 10:27:29  
I'm not convinced the changes will extend over to maneuvers, aren't they something you can apply at any range so long as you have a pet out?

I can see them being extended to Assault, Retrieve, and Repair though, since these are things that already have a distance limit attached. As do most of the Beastmaster commands if I recall.

At least I would hope that with the Mage automaton that we aren't required to run to it in order to give it commands. They just added the II versions of the animator to force it into that range, so it'd be weird if we now couldn't command it at distances greater than 5 yalms.
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-09-09 10:29:45  

This is precisely why I've incorporated using SCH self SC + MB strategy for NM's, as well as BST. It's important to have flexibility and variety in the event a certain way of doing things is nerfed.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-09-09 11:29:07  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
I recall they said that they're combining the 3 automaton skill merit categories into a single category. I'll see if I can dig it up.

This is absolutely right, they said they were planning to simply combine the existing melee/ranged/magic categories into one "automaton skill" merit category (much like "automaton skill" on gear like Empy legs or Naga feet gives all of these). It's only a buff, now you don't have to choose between categories, and you'll free up merits to go 5/5 Repair!

Cerberus.Balloon said: »
I'm not convinced the changes will extend over to maneuvers, aren't they something you can apply at any range so long as you have a pet out?

PUP command distance isn't changing. It's not listed under Puppetmaster, and is listed under Beastmaster and Summoner.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-09-09 11:45:20  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »

This is absolutely right, they said they were planning to simply combine the existing melee/ranged/magic categories into one "automaton skill" merit category (much like "automaton skill" on gear like Empy legs or Naga feet gives all of these). It's only a buff, now you don't have to choose between categories, and you'll free up merits to go 5/5 Repair!

I've been 5/5 repair since the change. A few atk/acc isn't worth having that super short repair timer so I can essentially avoid ever using a light maneuver with DD pets.

Also, I already assumed they were merging them together into one category, but what are they adding to replace them? Or are they simply going to make PUP the only job in the game with 3 options for group 1 merits?

Adding a certain amount of Automaton skill with high level animators is a welcome change for the atk/acc/m.acc, but who knows if that is what they are doing.
 Bismarck.Marmite
サーバ: Bismarck
user: innit
By Bismarck.Marmite 2015-09-09 11:50:00  
Still no war/drk/drg 2 handed update, SE you *** fail, abysmal!
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-09-09 12:50:06  
More chairs for /sitchair command... /thread
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-09-09 13:00:26  
I've been 5/5 repair since the change. A few atk/acc isn't worth having that super short repair timer so I can essentially avoid ever using a light maneuver with DD pets.

Oh, I completely agree and I've been 5/5 Repair since the timer/potency change too. But it's a nice little boost that allows a little bonus magic/ranged skill that I currently lack. Change is also nice just as a reminder to PUPs who haven't adjusted their merits in years remember to take a look, and come to the gloriousness that is Repair!

Quote:
Also, I already assumed they were merging them together into one category, but what are they adding to replace them? Or are they simply going to make PUP the only job in the game with 3 options for group 1 merits?

I was also wondering if they'd add something to replace, but it does look like it's just going change to be 3 categories only. A little weird, but as there are also several jobs with more than the average I guess there's no reason we can't have one with less than usual. Especially thinking about it from a 2015 perspective, where we have Job Points that make unique merits a bit less important anyway. And anyway, even if there's just 3, I can pretend there is some 4th category that would have been garbage anyway and nobody in their right mind would merit (reduce activation burden?).

I just look at it as good fortune, I'd be happy to consolidate something like NIN elemental ninjutsu effect merits into one category instead of 6 separate elements (same for BLM or RDM elemental potency/accuracy merits).

Quote:
Adding a certain amount of Automaton skill with high level animators is a welcome change for the atk/acc/m.acc, but who knows if that is what they are doing.

No, they're just bumping automaton skill caps up from "A" rank to "A+", was something they discussed in August (after being called out when they replied that they couldn't raise automaton skill since it was already set to the highest/A+ level and were corrected because it's really only at "A" rank)

I assume that's the only skill-related change.

See translation of the Japanese dev tracker post here:
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112776-Dev-Tracker-Findings-Posts-%28NO-DISCUSSION%29?p=6492106&viewfull=1#post6492106
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-09-09 13:44:36  
Looks like the only thing that might be interesting out of this update is whatever they change about attachments, then. The only things I feel need an improvement are the strobes, I think everything else is pretty good where it is at. I wouldn't ARGUE with any boosts, but I dunno if I feel they are actually needed.

What we do need is a way to have the Automaton scan elemental resistances of it's target so it doesn't end up casting something that will resist or even heal whatever you are fighting.

A triple attack attachment would also be pretty boss >.>
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-09-09 13:52:39  
Valoredge head + body should have a native enmity modifier similar to Crusade and Gekka: Ichi. Period.
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2015-09-09 15:21:18  
we need a new evaluation and adjustment of Automaton's AI like they are doing with trusts, BLM AI for example is still horrible.
Quote:
Adjust the logic and balance of certain alter egos
if anything just to iron-out some of the undesirable behaviors, like removing the 3 sec decision time from WS completely.

BTW the new merit announced to be reduction of maneuvers activation recast, so now we can maneuver every 5 secs.
j/k.
By Draylo 2015-09-09 15:31:15  
New BLU spells!
By Pantafernando 2015-09-10 04:14:03  
By FaeQueenCory 2015-09-10 06:41:15  
Draylo said: »
New BLU spells!
Next day: "oh look! The job adjustments!" *reads the relatively in depth info for all jobs but BLU*

Smh
Would be nice to know a general "where they come from"...
I'd bet it'll be aern, ytzarg, giant gnat, and/or cacturae moves... Since those are all suddenly readily and easily available thanks to Escha. (And none currently have spells learned.)
But it might be dumb like Vagary Mega Bosses.... (Though since they didn't say Vagary, hopefully that means it's random normals.)
 Ragnarok.Orlind
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-09-10 07:18:18  
FaeQueenCory said: »
New BLU spells!
Next day: "oh look! The job adjustments!" *reads the relatively in depth info for all jobs but BLU*

Smh
I'd bet it'll be aern, ytzarg, giant gnat, and/or cacturae moves... Since those are all suddenly readily and easily available thanks to Escha. (And none currently have spells learned.)
But it might be dumb like Vagary Mega Bosses.... (Though since they didn't say Vagary, hopefully that means it's random normals.)

Looking at the picture that accompanies that update post and old Youtube videos, I'm pretty sure one of the spells BLU gets will be Mighty Guard from Shinryu.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-09-10 07:19:19  
Preview image definitely showing Mighty Guard :)
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-09-10 07:24:04  
Quote:
Beastmaster

• The range of the following abilities will be reduced.

Ready / Sic / Spur / Run Wild / Reward

It'll be interesting to see just how much they've been reduced.
By Chyula 2015-09-10 08:57:16  
blu need a spell similar to mighty strike.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-09-10 09:12:27  
Chyula said: »
Great idea, a spell that mimics a 1hr ability for a job no one gets to use anymore.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Orlind
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-09-10 09:16:32  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Great idea, a spell that mimics a 1hr ability for a job no one gets to use anymore.

Not to mention putting the spell on an already strong job with a crazy attack speed and a powerful WS that likes crits.
By Draylo 2015-09-10 09:23:25  
Ragnarok.Orlind said: »
FaeQueenCory said: »
New BLU spells!

Smh

Looking at the picture that accompanies that update post and old Youtube videos, I'm pretty sure one of the spells BLU gets will be Mighty Guard from Shinryu.

My dreams come true!??
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-09-10 09:43:25  
BLU's in his heaven, all's right with the world.
 Valefor.Seranos
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-09-10 10:36:45  

Not to mention putting the spell on an already strong job with a crazy attack speed and a powerful WS that likes crits.

I'm not sure what most BLU are smoking, asking for DA/TA spells... with spells, gear and the traits we have already, we're almost at Hundred Fists speed anyways...
By Chyula 2015-09-10 11:22:40  
Valefor.Seranos said: »

I'm not sure what most BLU are smoking, asking for DA/TA spells... with spells, gear and the traits we have already, we're almost at Hundred Fists speed anyways...

but blu still missing that C.rate and C.dmg spells.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-09-10 16:46:22  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

I was also wondering if they'd add something to replace, but it does look like it's just going change to be 3 categories only. A little weird, but as there are also several jobs with more than the average I guess there's no reason we can't have one with less than usual. Especially thinking about it from a 2015 perspective, where we have Job Points that make unique merits a bit less important anyway. And anyway, even if there's just 3, I can pretend there is some 4th category that would have been garbage anyway and nobody in their right mind would merit (reduce activation burden?).

Ah, looks like they ARE replacing them. And the new ones other than skill are bad, don't use them. Skill/Repair recast 5/5 is definitely the way to go.

1) Automaton Melee Skill is becoming "Automaton Skill", and will give additional melee, ranged, and magic skill. This makes sense to be the one to change, as pretty much everyone has melee skill anyway (since it's the one category all puppets can use).

2) Magic Skill is being changed to Repair potency +2% per merit. Which is way worse than the existing -30sec Repair RECAST merits.

3) Ranged Skill is being changed to Maintenance recast -3 seconds per merit (base 60sec). Not useless, but definitely not as good as reducing Repair recast (which also removes up to 2 status effects anyway with AF119 boots).
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 201 202 203