フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 201 202 203
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-09-10 16:55:15  
Why wouldn't we want more DA/TA abilities? I'm well aware that it's not going to happen, but I'd still love it.

Having said that, yaaaay Mighty Guard. I wonder if we'll get any more UL spells from the Supreme Being family.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-09-10 17:08:05  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Also, I already assumed they were merging them together into one category, but what are they adding to replace them? Or are they simply going to make PUP the only job in the game with 3 options for group 1 merits?

I was also wondering if they'd add something to replace, but it does look like it's just going change to be 3 categories only. A little weird, but as there are also several jobs with more than the average I guess there's no reason we can't have one with less than usual. Especially thinking about it from a 2015 perspective, where we have Job Points that make unique merits a bit less important anyway. And anyway, even if there's just 3, I can pretend there is some 4th category that would have been garbage anyway and nobody in their right mind would merit (reduce activation burden?).

Ah, looks like they ARE replacing them. And the new ones other than skill are bad, don't use them. Skill/Repair recast 5/5 is definitely the way to go.

1) Automaton Melee Skill is becoming "Automaton Skill", and will give additional melee, ranged, and magic skill. This makes sense to be the one to change, as pretty much everyone has melee skill anyway (since it's the one category all puppets can use).

2) Magic Skill is being changed to Repair potency +2% per merit. Which is way worse than the existing -30sec Repair RECAST merits.

3) Ranged Skill is being changed to Maintenance recast -3 seconds per merit (base 60sec). Not useless, but definitely not as good as reducing Repair recast (which also removes up to 2 status effects anyway with AF119 boots).

I'll do what I already do. I'll just change merits based on what I am doing. If I am tanking I don't care at all about skill, so I'll either dump those for repair potency or maintenance recast depending on what I am dealing with. Might dump skill anyway on lower level content that likes to spam status effects, as not having the laundry list of *** Maintenance clears is a lot more useful than the small amount of attack and accuracy skill adds. It'll just depend on the content I suppose.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-09-11 16:04:07  
Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
I'll do what I already do. I'll just change merits based on what I am doing. If I am tanking I don't care at all about skill, so I'll either dump those for repair potency or maintenance recast depending on what I am dealing with. Might dump skill anyway on lower level content that likes to spam status effects, as not having the laundry list of *** Maintenance clears is a lot more useful than the small amount of attack and accuracy skill adds. It'll just depend on the content I suppose.

Eh, I guess that's fair enough. But it's pretty clear now that Repair recast is the best PUP group 1 merit if you do any automaton tanking whatsoever. I'd imagine most people would prefer not to constantly reconfigure merits and just leave skill, which is helpful for any puppet (even tanking, extra acc/atk is something).

Maintenance is all right, but 60 sec to 45 sec is honestly not that big of a deal to me. I do fine tanking just using Repair when it's up (also removing status effects thanks to AF boots), and Maintenance in between Repairs as needed.

Activate Recast and Repair Potency are trash, neither is justifiable over the choices of Repair recast, Skill, and Maintenance.

Still wish with the low Repair and Maintenance timers and heavy use these days that oils stacked higher than 12, it's an absolutely unnecessary restriction. No reason at all this shouldn't be 99.
By Pantafernando 2015-09-11 17:52:45  
Pantafernando said: »
About Vorseal Table:

Quote:
You want hints, eh? Since it’s Friday and all, I suppose a tiny hint wouldn’t hurt.

I’ll start with a vorseal that was added in the May version update, which is comparatively a bit easier to grasp the prereqs.

Quote:
More hints? Okay, I’ll give you another.
Quote:
Happy Friday!

Building on my previous hint...
By Pantafernando 2015-09-11 17:54:43  
Quote:
Greetings,

The proc rate for Daken at each of its ranks is as follows:

• Rank 1: 20%

• Rank 2: 25%

• Rank 3: 30%

• Rank 4: 35%

• Rank 5: 40%

Using equipment with special bonuses for Daken will also push the proc rate higher.
 Asura.Alexandero
サーバ: Asura
user: jalexan4
By Asura.Alexandero 2015-09-12 10:06:51  
Bismarck.Marmite said: »
Still no war/drk/drg 2 handed update, SE you *** fail, abysmal!

Yeah, for DRKs they keep buffing spells whilst ignoring the actual problem. Not getting my money until they fix it anyway, if you have to play solo, there's kind of no point playing an MMO. At least we've got some great games coming out soon! DS3/Fallout3 ftw!
By Pantafernando 2015-09-17 20:51:55  
Quote:
Currently we have no plans to increase the elemental capacity.

The attachments that were added in the August version update have had their elemental values set to match their higher effects. If you are reaching the elemental capacity maximum value when using these new attachments, we would like you to explore different combinations of attachments and also strive to unlock the Gift that increases your automaton’s elemental capacity.
By Pantafernando 2015-09-21 17:05:57  
Quote:
Singforu is correct. When you increase your enhancing magic skill beyond 500, the following spells will have enhanced effects:

• En-spells

• Temper

• Temper II

By Pantafernando 2015-09-21 17:08:20  
Quote:
Apologies if the previous comment was not clear. After discussing this request with the development team, we have no plans to add any of the items related to abjuration gear to the list of items that can be purchased with sparks.

Quote:
We have no plans to adjust blue magic breath spells.

Quote:
We have no plans to add additional weaponskills for automatons.

Quote:
Adventuring fellows have always been counted as a party member since the time they were introduced, and we purposely didn't change this when we introduced alter egos through the use of Trust magic. Alter egos and adventuring fellows act the same in that they will occupy any available spots of a party, and this is the choice a player must make when using alter egos and/or adventuring fellows. As such, we currently have no plans to adjust fellows in this way.
By Pantafernando 2015-09-21 17:12:36  
Quote:
Important Notice to All Software Token Users

If you are using a Software Token on your smartphone and decide to switch to a new device or update your device's operating system, you will need to use the Software Token on your current device to obtain an Emergency Removal Password, with which you can remove the current device from your account and re-register your new/updated device to your Square Enix Account.

You can view your Emergency Removal Password on the top page of the Square Enix account management system after logging in.
http://account.square-enix.com

After you have logged in, you can unlink your device from your Square Enix account (e.g. to link a different device) by selecting One-Time Password followed by Software Token and following the on-screen instructions.

You can also visit the following URL to unlink the device if you do not have access to the Software Token but still have the Emergency Removal Password:
http://sqex.to/GPE

If you do not have access to neither your software token nor your Emergency Removal password, please use the following support form to request assistance with unlinking the device from your Square Enix account:
http://sqex.to/o_B
By Pantafernando 2015-09-21 19:43:59  
Quote:
Greetings,

I realize that this thread was made in jest, and that no ill-intentions were meant by it; however, I feel the need to explain our current mindset when it comes to replying to player suggestions.

Grekumah and the rest of the community team are constantly picking up nearly all of the suggestions you all have been posting, and we try (as best as we can) to get an answer from the development team. Even if the answer is one we feel may be disappointing, we strive to make posts with the information we receive to show that we are in fact reading over your feedback and not ignoring suggestions. While sometimes it may not be the answer you are hoping to hear, we would like to be transparent with future plans when we can as much as possible.

We appreciate the passionate suggestions and feedback that clearly demonstrate your love for the game, and we’ll continue working hard to pass everything on to the development team!
By Pantafernando 2015-09-25 17:50:11  
Quote:
Thanks for all the suggestions, I've forwarded them to the development team. Some of you are on to our tricks, but we'd still like to share quality of life changes that we’re looking into.

Currently, we're checking to see if we can increasing the amount of silt pouches and bead pouches that can be stacked from 12 to 99.
By Pantafernando 2015-09-28 18:17:34  
Quote:
Obvious necro-quote aside, we’re looking into adding a Survival Guide in Arrapago Reef.
 Siren.Bruno
サーバ: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2015-09-28 18:29:46  
ugh finally
By Pantafernando 2015-09-30 16:57:25  
Quote:
Well, it is new content so we'd hate to spoil it, but we can offer a hint!
Good luck on your efforts to pop the Ark Angels!
By Pantafernando 2015-09-30 16:59:04  
About the Warders spawn condition, that disrupt players trying to farm cps.

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. The development team is planning to implement a way you can avoid spawning these NMs.

In a future version update, we’re looking into adding a key item which will prevent NMs from spawning as long as the player is in possession of the key item. We ask that you wait a bit longer while we work to implement this feature.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-09-30 17:41:23  
About the Warders spawn condition, that disrupt players trying to farm cps.

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. The development team is planning to implement a way you can avoid spawning these NMs.

In a future version update, we’re looking into adding a key item which will prevent NMs from spawning as long as the player is in possession of the key item. We ask that you wait a bit longer while we work to implement this feature.

Well, you can currently prevent this. You can choose to reurn your Rare Enemies vorseals when you start farming. It drops you to 0 Rare Enemy Vorseals, so no NMs will pop. With it only costing 1000 Silt/upgrade, it isnt too costly to upgrade again, considering if you are CP farming, you are also gaining a lot of XP/CP

Actually, just found out, this doesn't work. I returned my vorseals, and still popped Warder of Temp by accident.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-30 21:53:38  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Well, you can currently prevent this. You can choose to reurn your Rare Enemies vorseals when you start farming. It drops you to 0 Rare Enemy Vorseals, so no NMs will pop. With it only costing 1000 Silt/upgrade, it isnt too costly to upgrade again, considering if you are CP farming, you are also gaining a lot of XP/CP

Actually, just found out, this doesn't work. I returned my vorseals, and still popped Warder of Temp by accident.
Judging by the vorseal bonuses, it would seem the default pop rate is 1/100, since the denominator drops by 6 for every Rare Enemy+ you get (1/94, 1/88, etc).
By Pantafernando 2015-10-02 16:53:56  
Quote:
As a quick update to my previous post, we’re also considering placing Survival Guides in the following areas:

Caedarva Mire / Halvung / Behemoth's Dominion / Dragon's Aery / Valley of Sorrows / Ifrit's Cauldron / Zeruhn Mines
By Pantafernando 2015-10-02 19:12:21  
Quote:
Freshly Picked Vana'diel 21 Digest

Greetings,

To coincide with the September version update, Producer Akihiko Matsui held another "Freshly Picked Vana'diel" to go over some of the new content and discuss other topics pertinent to adventuring. The following is a digest of what was discussed.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Table of Contents

Mog Garden Additions and Adjustments
Seekers of Adoulin Quests
High-tier Mission Battlefields
Domain Invasion Adjustments
Geas Fete Adjustments
Unity Concord Adjustments
Adjustments to Existing Quests
Adjustments to Existing Areas
Adjustments to Existing Content
Coalition and Reive Adjustments
Job Adjustments
Alter Ego Adjustments
Food Additions and Adjustments
Emote Additions
Quality-of-life Improvements
Announcements
Conclusion
By Pantafernando 2015-10-05 03:53:11  
Quote:
Get Ready for the Second Act of the Goddess's Gala Battle Campaigns! (10/05/2015)

The following campaigns will be kicking off on Saturday, October 10 at 8:00 a.m. (PDT).

Campaign Period
From Saturday, October 10 at 8:00 a.m. (PDT) to Saturday, October 31 at 7:59 a.m. (PDT)

Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey Mysterious Item Campaign
During the campaign period, vanquishing notorious monsters appearing on floors 20, 40, 60, 80, and 100 of Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey, as well as those appearing on other floors, will drop new mysterious items.

Bonus Bayld Campaign
Lair, colonization, and wildkeeper reives will receive evaluation bonuses throughout the duration, doubling bayld and experience gains.
*The maximum amount of bayld and experience available for a single reive remains unchanged.

Mweya Plasm Campaign
Earn double the usual amount of Mweya Plasm from defeating Delve notorious monsters and clearing the content.

Mog Garden Campaign
- Mog Gardens will undergo the following adjustments.
- Double the normal amount of shining stars will be earned.
- Different flotsam will wash up upon the shores.
- Reared creatures will provide items twice daily.
- Moogles in the Mog Gardens will sell the following items.
Golden seed pouch / Chestnut tree sap / Monarch beetle saliva /
Bronze Bed / Mahogany Bed / Noble?s Bed / Goblin Stew 880

Alter Ego Expo
Alter egos will undergo the following adjustments.
- Alter egos' maximum HP and MP will be increased by 50%.
- Alter egos will gain a high resistance to status ailments.

Double Unity Accolade Campaign
Unity accolade gains from completing Records of Eminence objectives and vanquishing monsters will be doubled!

Adoulin Dial Campaign
A brand new dial will added to the Goblin Mystery Box!
The Adoulin dial is usable once per Earth day and provides a variety of rewards specific to Seekers of Adoulin content, such as Skirmish stones and airlixirs from Delve.

Further, the chance of receiving equipment from the SP dial will be increased.

* The Adoulin dial is completely free to use.
* At least forty-five days must have passed since character creation to be eligible to use the Goblin Mystery Box.

Vagary Campaign
During this campaign, defeated monsters are more likely to drop the Etched Memory and Codex of Etchings items. Additionally, exchanging the following key items at the Odyssean Passage in Leafallia (H-8) will yield an additional reward.

Fabricated Ward of Biting Winds / Fabricated Ward of Miasma / Fabricated Ward of Impurity /
Fabricated Ward of Ashen Wings / Fabricated Ward of the False King
By Aeyela 2015-10-05 03:58:47  
All I see there is no double CP. Sad times!
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-05 04:12:37  
Pretty confident they'll give us double CP in november after they unlock the last JP category (20 cap) and 2100 JP gift.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-10-05 04:16:24  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Pretty confident they'll give us double CP in november after they unlock the last JP category (20 cap) and 2100 JP gift.
They may perma some campaigns after the November update I reckon. Disappointed in no double CP but Vagary campaign seems interesting.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-10-05 04:41:32  
I knew they wouldn't do Double Xp/CP because they've already done it twice, I figured the pattern out . May and June with double cp, then none for july. August and Sept with double CP and none for Oct.

despite no double xp/cp this month, I'm just glad I finally got Koru and amchuchu :p. But hey Alter Ego Expo this saturday for more Trust HP/MP.

Double Plasm sounds sweet!
By Supa 2015-10-05 07:12:24  
Beastmaster
The range in which certain abilities and pet commands can be used has been shortened. While this changes the style of play a bit, please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Sure the beastmasters are already on this one
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-10-05 08:44:09  
Supa said: »
Beastmaster
The range in which certain abilities and pet commands can be used has been shortened. While this changes the style of play a bit, please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Sure the beastmasters are already on this one
Pretty much and shockingly, they have changed their tune from

Pre-nerf: "Distance doesn't need to be nerfed"
Post-nerf: "Distance needed to be nerfed but you did it too much"

It's very much Rudra's Storm v2, hell I'm sure I was guilty for over-defending Rudra's at the time but trying to bargain your way out of a nerf just weakens your argument.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2015-10-05 17:49:47  
Quote:
The development team has no plans to add any abilities to summoner that would grant the effect of Occult Acumen.
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 201 202 203