How Are People Getting So Much Mythics Nowadays?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » How are people getting so much mythics nowadays?
How are people getting so much mythics nowadays?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Fenrir.Mariane
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-10-22 12:14:18  
Pantafernando said: »
Sigh... Its a shame hearing this from a compatriot, youre completely wrong, your "principle" have nothing to do with what i said (or at least i wanted to say), but lemme try to explain.

wat ?

I was talking of Square Enix and their policy on lazy fixes ... >_<

I said I just choose to screw all this crap and I'll play the game the way I please. I absolutely refuse to install cheats and I don't even use windower.

Anyway, whatever. I don't care anymore if people are cheating. Hope them the best. Being vocal about it only gave me headaches. I'll just avoid lumping together with cheaters whenever possible. -_-;

Also it doesn't mean I'll be impolite or aggressive towards cheaters, some time ago a person I was unaware was a cheater helped me out with some stuff and I was like "D:" when I figured out it was done through cheating. If I knew the help would come through cheats I would refuse it. But oh well... When I figured out how it was done it was already too late to refuse ... lol

Oh well the person is an ok person and I just choose to pretend that nothing happened. It's for the greater good...

Using no clip cheats to bypass doors, God is watching you ... >_<
[+]
 Cerberus.Halticus
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2014-10-22 12:19:36  
God created the Heavens and the Earth in 6 days and rested on the 7th. I say he used clipper
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-10-22 12:22:27  
Cerberus.Conagh said: »

I'd been hoarding gil and alex on a mule to try and finish a mythic legitamately, to find this morning it has been hacked.

You only get 1 roll back and its gone so..... I've lost basically a mythic right there and I played legitamately and honestly, and I won't be re-imbursed my effort but a cheater gets it handed back to them.

How about no body gives a *** ***if you hack or not. In this instance I'm now considering hacking the game massively because despite being honest I've now been given a FU by SE and I'm not putting that amount of work AGAIN just to be hacked again.

Holy crap, that sucks. Do you have a token on the account? Pretty sure if you do they allow multiple rollbacks.

After seeing the hell several people in one of my old ls's went through after being hacked I made sure all of my accounts had tokens on them. If you're reading this and don't have a token but can get one easily, you really should. The 5-10s it takes to load up and type in is well worth the 6-8 months a rollback can take. (PS; not trying to lecture you, just speaking in general).

Also, lots of people (myself included) knew about not only the alex glitch but the tag + ase thing too. Aside from it being something I was personally against, I didn't see a reason to risk a 10 year old account with a lot of stuff on it when I can do/get all the stuff required with relative ease.
[+]
By fractalvoid 2014-10-22 12:22:58  
Asura.Fondue said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
they would've the repopped bosses all day long had they known as well
I knew about it and didn't do it. While doing a mythic.

I knew about it and did a mythic start to finish in <2 weeks

Am I cool now

nope
[+]
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-10-22 12:25:38  
Cerberus.Halticus said: »
God created the Heavens and the Earth in 6 days and rested on the 7th. I say he used clipper

The church say God could snap his fingers and you (or anyone else) would drop dead instantly. If that isn't cheating, I don't know what that is. If you code your own game I suppose you can cheat all you want within it, no ? :P
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-22 12:38:01  
Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
Wasn't it Conagh who got hacked last time?

Yes, when my Token broke I disabled it and ordered a new one, a week later got hacked (cleaned machine at that point and haven't downloaded anything since), Alt had plenty of stuff on AH.

Luckily Conagh's still got the Mulcibers....
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I'd been hoarding gil and alex on a mule to try and finish a mythic legitamately, to find this morning it has been hacked.

You only get 1 roll back and its gone so..... I've lost basically a mythic right there and I played legitamately and honestly, and I won't be re-imbursed my effort but a cheater gets it handed back to them.
If you got 'hacked', you would've lost your main too. So was it an account recall, trust issue, or just plain fake sob story?

Quote:
How about no body gives a *** ***if you hack or not. In this instance I'm now considering hacking the game massively because despite being honest I've now been given a FU by SE and I'm not putting that amount of work AGAIN just to be hacked again.
Since you're so confident in your abilities, let's hear how you plan to do that.

2nd character which I didn't add a Token too ~

I won't post how to guides on how to hack ***, FFXIAH Terms and Conditions would delete my comment regardless as they don't encourage such behaviour.

Beisdes there's many methods if you look or know who to ask.
Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Not to derail, but how in the world do you get hacked like that... always wondered. What have you been downloading?

Not alot, it's a shared PC these days so still running through stuff checking for anything that shouldn't be there. I don't share my details with anyone (before people ask that) the most I use is Windower stuff (I guess you could argue not legit player but meh I don't use Bots) so I have no idea where a programme would come from that would hunt FFXI Data....

If I trace how it happened and a website I will let peeps know to avoid, I only really use FFXIwiki and FXIAH so......... (FFXI Related)
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-22 12:42:01  
Odin.Calipso said: »

Holy crap, that sucks. Do you have a token on the account? Pretty sure if you do they allow multiple rollbacks.

After seeing the hell several people in one of my old ls's went through after being hacked I made sure all of my accounts had tokens on them. If you're reading this and don't have a token but can get one easily, you really should. The 5-10s it takes to load up and type in is well worth the 6-8 months a rollback can take. (PS; not trying to lecture you, just speaking in general).

Also, lots of people (myself included) knew about not only the alex glitch but the tag + ase thing too. Aside from it being something I was personally against, I didn't see a reason to risk a 10 year old account with a lot of stuff on it when I can do/get all the stuff required with relative ease.

Wait, really??? I used to have a token on it, would this still count if I had it disabled because of it being broken? (I'll have the account back when I manage to actually speak to SE.. UK call centre times suck.)

I stupidly have both tokens on my keys and one friday night.... well ***happens when you fall on your *** drunk
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-10-22 12:45:41  
Any open source program can be trojaned. And if it's something custom tailored for the attack in question (any programmer can whip an simple customized attack plugin in a few minutes and have it deployed) or could exploit any bug on any common software packages you might happen to be running. No brainer.

Windower is a vector of trojaning if you download it from any unreliable source. If you trust the original authors, awesome. But depending on where you get it, it could contain alien code, not developed by the original authors. That's kind of obvious though.

A lot of us had problems in the past with flash plugin exploits on this very site as it has no direct control over the ADs (google ADSense which decides the ADs you will see) and all it takes is a chance for a hacker to take advantage of you. They're looking for ANYTHING they could use to take money from you. Game login information is just another way they have of taking money away. -_-;

Holy derrail batman.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-22 12:50:12  
Fenrir.Mariane said: »
Any open source program can be trojaned. And if it's something custom tailored for the attack in question (any programmer can whip an simple customized attack plugin in a few minutes and have it deployed) or could exploit any bug on any common software packages you might happen to be running. No brainer.

I'm aware of this but I personally don't download anything anymore (I lied I downloaded something from Origin and Steam..... I'm now going to have a look into the steam one as it's relatively open source)
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-10-22 13:08:37  

Wait, really??? I used to have a token on it, would this still count if I had it disabled because of it being broken? (I'll have the account back when I manage to actually speak to SE.. UK call centre times suck.)

I stupidly have both tokens on my keys and one friday night.... well ***happens when you fall on your *** drunk

I'm honestly really not sure. Don't wanna give you false hope. Googling to see if I can see anything that backs that up. If you google something along the lines of unlimited rollbacks with ffxi token several people do talk about it. Can't find an official source on it though :/ Not sure how it applies to your situation with it being off because it was broken.

Can't hurt to call (maybe a few times, I've had different reps tell me such different things at times) and ask.

Edit to add, idk if you wanna be a little shady but depending on how long it was between being hacked and removing your token, you might be able to play it off like it was the hackers removing your token >_>
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
サーバ: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-10-22 13:14:06  
Fenrir.Mariane said: »

Windower is a vector of trojaning if you download it from any unreliable source. If you trust the original authors, awesome. But depending on where you get it, it could contain alien code, not developed by the original authors. That's kind of obvious though.

A lot of us had problems in the past with flash plugin exploits on this very site as it has no direct control over the ADs (google ADSense which decides the ADs you will see) and all it takes is a chance for a hacker to take advantage of you. They're looking for ANYTHING they could use to take money from you. Game login information is just another way they have of taking money away. -_-;

Holy derrail batman.
Meh, technically any software can be modified to contain malicious software, open source or not. And while verifying checksums of downloaded software prior to installation is a very good idea, it still greatly reduces the probability of occurance, rather than eliminating it entirely. And that isn't taking into account purposeful targeting of individuals or organizations.

If you want to have a walkthrough of the levels of paranoia you end up needing to address when attempting to have very secure computing, Ken Thompson's Reflections on Trusting Trust is a good read.
 Bismarck.Herzins
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2014-10-22 13:15:28  
Bismarck.Hsieh said: »
I quit the game because SE didn't ban the people that ruined the economy from generating currency. I don't know about you, but a temp suspension for something that affects server wide is just a slap on the wrist. I've lost respect for SE and that's $26 they won't have now.

I still see you standing in Lower Jeuno by the Gobbiebox npc, in fact, I saw you there yesterday!
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-22 13:31:01  

I'm honestly really not sure. Don't wanna give you false hope. Googling to see if I can see anything that backs that up. If you google something along the lines of unlimited rollbacks with ffxi token several people do talk about it. Can't find an official source on it though :/ Not sure how it applies to your situation with it being off because it was broken.

Can't hurt to call (maybe a few times, I've had different reps tell me such different things at times) and ask.

Edit to add, idk if you wanna be a little shady but depending on how long it was between being hacked and removing your token, you might be able to play it off like it was the hackers removing your token >_>

If I get my alex back, I'll play Dark as night.

anyway my point was more (Yes to whinge) to point out reasons why people are disenchanted with SE a tad.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-10-22 13:32:34  
Bismarck.Herzins said: »
I quit the game because SE didn't ban the people that ruined the economy from generating currency. I don't know about you, but a temp suspension for something that affects server wide is just a slap on the wrist. I've lost respect for SE and that's $26 they won't have now.

I still see you standing in Lower Jeuno by the Gobbiebox npc, in fact, I saw you there yesterday!
I keep forgetting to cancel my subscription. Gotta make use of my money with login points!
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2014-10-22 13:35:45  
Bismarck.Herzins said: »

I keep forgetting to cancel my subscription. Gotta make use of my money with login points!

That's SE's favourite kind of boycott, right there. :p
[+]
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-10-22 14:01:53  
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Meh, technically any software can be modified to contain malicious software, open source or not. And while verifying checksums of downloaded software prior to installation is a very good idea, it still greatly reduces the probability of occurance, rather than eliminating it entirely. And that isn't taking into account purposeful targeting of individuals or organizations.

If you want to have a walkthrough of the levels of paranoia you end up needing to address when attempting to have very secure computing, Ken Thompson's Reflections on Trusting Trust is a good read.

How could I forget to mention my main point? When custom trojans are employed, they usually aren't caught on virus and malware scanners.

Also using open source software is not a threat. What is a threat is someone taking said sources and making contaminated/trojaned software from said sources then making it pose as the legitimate program.

I'll have a look at your book suggestion. It looks like a interesting read. Thanks !
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-22 14:09:45  
Siren.Ares said: »
I did find the image they used in the thread that got deleted.

Not sure about the legitimacy of it tho

I have a mule on ragnarok at the moment doing some cross server buy/sell of hexed gear+rare craft mats and came across the mule for this person.

He's fencing it through his mule Eckz as 100pieces now,

He's already been to the beastmen strongholds again to convert 10k pieces and has ~99ish of each 100piece again to sell.
There was a ton of 350k 100bye and 400k jades earlier, no wonder ragnarok has such a f'd up economy and high prices on other stuff.
By Pantafernando 2014-10-22 14:15:15  

If god create heaven and earth from nothing, he used dumping. And in the 7th day, he got perma banned.
By Blazed1979 2014-10-22 14:15:53  
To answer the OP -
1. Because after they were revamped, they became the most effective weapons for the majority of jobs.
2. This resulted in a desire among the player base to acquire them (was not the case before since they weren't that good or as good as their relic/empyrean counterparts or not far enough ahead to warrant the effort)
3. The game has been up long enough for many people to have acquired all the relics and empyreans for their desired jobs that they have no other option for growth other than investing time and effort into a mythic.

Simply put, there are so many because in 60-120 days you or anyone can farm a mythic.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-22 14:18:50  

If god create heaven and earth from nothing, he used dumping. And in the 7th day, he got perma banned.
Naw, he just got a week ban. During which time Eve ate the apple and booted both Adam and herself from the everlasting server known as the Garden of Eden.

Cain MPK'd his brother Abraham and got a warning, which lasted a few generations. Noah tried to download a patch and flooded the earth for 40 days and nights. Moses hacked the Red Sea and crossed it before Ramses could get there.

Then you got the ultimate hack, the /autolife.exe hack associated with Jesus. Only problem is, it takes 3 days to execute.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-22 14:26:53  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Naw, he just got a week ban. During which time Eve ate the apple and booted both Adam and herself from the everlasting server known as the Garden of Eden.

Cain MPK'd his brother Abraham and got a warning, which lasted a few generations. Noah tried to download a patch and flooded the earth for 40 days and nights. Moses hacked the Red Sea and crossed it before Ramses could get there.

Then you got the ultimate hack, the /autolife.exe hack associated with Jesus. Only problem is, it takes 3 days to execute.

3 days aye, sounds like average Mythic ban.
By Pantafernando 2014-10-22 14:29:41  

You forgot to say jesus had a dual box that was sent to east to start a new religion, but his file was corrupted, and originated things like isis.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-22 14:55:46  

You forgot to say jesus had a dual box that was sent to east to start a new religion, but his file was corrupted, and originated things like isis.
Psh, we all know who the real programmer of the universe is:

Asura.Dakenx
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Dakenx 2014-10-22 15:02:06  
Odin.Vasche said: »
Awesome and very accurate.
By Pantafernando 2014-10-22 15:09:12  

Psh, we all know who the real programmer of the universe is:

Who?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-22 15:11:33  
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-10-22 15:16:27  
Grrr!
Omfg... The rmt came back with more extra 7 marrows, the rmt in front of him with more 6 scorias. In common is that they have been buying large amount of imperial gold pieces. Both new adventurer title, yellow hair and most likely war job.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-22 15:17:58  
Wait, what's the point in buying large amounts of gold pieces again?
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-10-22 15:23:09  
Wait, what's the point in buying large amounts of gold pieces again?

[+]