How Are People Getting So Much Mythics Nowadays?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » How are people getting so much mythics nowadays?
How are people getting so much mythics nowadays?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Fenrir.Mariane
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-10-21 12:48:46  
Siren.Ares said: »
I did find the image they used in the thread that got deleted.

Not sure about the legitimacy of it tho

That picture was posted on the official forum as well.
 Lye
By Lye 2014-10-21 12:52:58  

This doesn't mean anything. You can adjust the displayed values on most numbers in the game. It doesn't confuse the server though.

I just dug my old desktop out of my garage and tried to power it up with the intention of posting a picture circa 06 with my level 24 smn having 9999 mp. There was a program that I used to change the displayed values in memory.

Alas, the computer is dead.
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-21 13:26:04  
Lye said: »

This doesn't mean anything. You can adjust the displayed values on most numbers in the game. It doesn't confuse the server though.

I just dug my old desktop out of my garage and tried to power it up with the intention of posting a picture circa 06 with my level 24 smn having 9999 mp. There was a program that I used to change the displayed values in memory.
(I mean Perma ban not a FU 3 day ban enjoy your holiday and mythic made in 2 days)

Sorry but when you can do from mission 1 in Aht Urhgan ~ captain in 3 hours, SE really should be banning people for hacking Server side stuff blatantly.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-10-21 13:38:44  
Or when people finish one mythic, and have a second in an amount of time that's not even physically possible :/
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-10-21 13:41:05  

I don't think that's what happened here, though. Before the thread on OF was deleted, people were claiming that this person had massive amounts of currency and was destroying the markets (Keep in mind 10ks can be turned into 100s). They also claimed they were openly bragging about how they did it. Who knows, though.

@ original poster of the image, might wanna edit/blackout the name of that person in the SS btw. Not sure if that's allowed.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-10-21 13:48:58  
I posted a thread on the OF about the cheating that spawned many of the new mythics:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/44059-Alex-Supply-and-Salvage-Cheating-Accounts-Not-Banned

SE, predictably, ignored it.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-21 16:42:11  
Odin.Calipso said: »
Or when people finish one mythic, and have a second in an amount of time that's not even physically possible :/

That's hard to quantify, other than assaults you could have multiple weapons worth of currency. I have over 250k ichor and similar amount of tokens, so I could conceivably do 2 back to back while only having to record the assaults between.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-10-21 16:43:12  
I seriously don't get the vision of reality some of you folks are describing. It's like you have no sense of measure.
Something is incredibly hard or "stupidly easy".
Black/White much?
It's out of discussion how through higher level and several tweaks we got over time that Mythics become much easier than they were before. They are TRULY soloable now and you won't even need an army of mules to do that.

But between saying this and saying "omg stupidly easy no timesink at all" there's quite a big leap or, my friends, we have pretty distant definitions of the word "timesink".
  • You need to get 150k Nyzul points if you haven't already. And ok this ain't particularly hard at 9k+ per tag, but you're gonna need a couple of friends.

• 100k Einherjar gonna take a lot with the daily rates.

• 50 Assaults again, with 1 assault each day that alone is at least 46 days. I dunno about you but 45 days of EVERYDAY play alone is already what I would call at least a moderate Timesink.

• Then you have Zeni Farming, which you can partially skip if you have gil to buy 3x Scoria of course.

• Then you have 30k Alex. With an average of 150 Alex per run a day it would be 200 days of doing runs everyday, if you can survive the boredom of doing that without skipping a single run.
    Of course you could buy alex at 7k-8k each. Around 300 mils? Might seem a joke for someone who has capped gil, but I know for the majority of players 300 mils is no joke.

If you wanna farm gil when will you find time to farm gil?
And get chapters? And get Plasm? And get incursion capes? And get Job Points? And get Merits?
Unless you wanna do what some people (raises hand) did and that is ignore all game content for X months and focus exclusively on completing your weapon.

So tl;dr Mythics got waaaaaay easier than they were before, and they are now realistically completely soloable even without an army of mules.
They still require quite a considerable effort and time investment though.
[+]
 Leviathan.Mckeag
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2014-10-21 17:30:51  
Pretty easy they mean when you can farm up to 3k alex a run now and have unlimited assault tags to finish all your assaults in a day-week. Not to mention starting nyzul and warping to boss floors. Only thing that slowed them down was Einherjar points.

The people who abused the system with third party programs and clients making mythic's in couple of weeks should be forever banned. Not a three day suspension like some got.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-10-21 17:38:54  
Leviathan.Mckeag said: »
Pretty easy they mean when you can farm up to 3k alex a run now and have unlimited assault tags to finish all your assaults in a day-week.
You mean *COULD*?
Yes that was the case and a very important aspect on the disproportionate influx of Alex in the market and Mythics in Players' repositories, just like I said on the previous page.

As far as I know those 2 hacks and the Dynamis one all got patched and do not work anymore.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-10-21 17:44:35  
Leviathan.Mckeag said: »
Pretty easy they mean when you can farm up to 3k alex a run now and have unlimited assault tags to finish all your assaults in a day-week. Not to mention starting nyzul and warping to boss floors. Only thing that slowed them down was Einherjar points.

The people who abused the system with third party programs and clients making mythic's in couple of weeks should be forever banned. Not a three day suspension like some got.

To be completely fair, if they make or not a rare/ex item, thats up to them. What i really cant accept is people screwing economy while others works for hours to see their income reduced. Even though some guys says its "good" because "lots of people" could make rem, its *** they can make a rem "cheap" (considering most people doing rem frequently are normally rich) and for that, others can take forever to make their because their alex/currency was deflated due to illegal currency.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-10-21 18:22:28  
Odin.Jassik said: »
Odin.Calipso said: »

That's hard to quantify, other than assaults you could have multiple weapons worth of currency. I have over 250k ichor and similar amount of tokens, so I could conceivably do 2 back to back while only having to record the assaults between.

Yes, but unless I'm missing something the very least it should take is 46 days if you had 4 tags stored up.

Also, I said they were stupidly easy to make now, and they are. Everything involved takes little effort and any mobs you have to fight are completely invalidated due to ilvl gear. I never said there wasn't a massive timesink invovled(quite the opposite). Something can be easy, and still take a long time to do.
Copy/Paste from an old thread of all the changes/nerfs they've done (some recently and some not so much) to ease the mythic process:
- Removed the 3 day time limit from ein, and changed it to 20 hours. It takes 53 T3's to get 100k ichor. Previously, this would've taken ~6 months.

- Removed the 7 feather requirement from Odin, instead now just requiring 1 feather from each wing. They also made wings buyable with gil/ichor.

- Removed the 3 person player limit off Assaults, Nyzul and Salvage.. Salvage being a really big factor, as Alex prices were getting crazy high late last year. I knew of at least one person that was buying for 20k, and a couple others that were paying up to 18. I paid a pretty even 300M for my Carn, but Yag cost me probably around 500.

- Drastically reduced the amount of time it takes beastmen kings to spawn

- Upped the amount of Zeni you receive from pictures by 10x

- Changed T4 trophy drops to be 100% (as they weren't previously)

- Changed Alex requirements from 50k to 30k
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-10-21 18:30:33  
Alternatively, everyone who didn't get banned should receive a free Cat's Eye in their delivery box.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-10-21 18:32:49  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Alternatively, everyone who didn't get banned should receive a free Cat's Eye in their delivery box.

Out of the 10+ people I'm pretty sure were doing it, only 2 got hit with even a 3 day ban. a lot of people walked off completely scot free.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-10-21 19:07:35  
So sad, so true.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-21 19:08:22  

the screenshot is real, guy was zaaring multiples of all the 10k pieces and 200+ of each 100 piece constantly

possible SE intervened, but i think he just wised up and stopped mass zaaring(he was still putting up 150 of a single 100-piece at a time over the last week).. that or he capped gil
By Pantafernando 2014-10-21 19:37:37  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

the screenshot is real, guy was zaaring multiples of all the 10k pieces and 200+ of each 100 piece constantly

possible SE intervened, but i think he just wised up and stopped mass zaaring(he was still putting up 150 of a single 100-piece at a time over the last week).. that or he capped gil

Similar to mithra here who appeared with 40 marrows, sold and restocked 10 then decided to sell everyday just 7, but the point is, is the method he obtained to currency legit? I already gmed the guy for obvious rmt activities (buying multiples low cost items for total of 200m). Gm said he would check it, but i can guess its not that easy to catch someone just because he buy thing overpriced, its not a violation, but duping (if thats duping) is another story, even if at first SE dont do a thing, as more people will know and complain, it will reach a point they will at least fix the exploit, similar to alex.

SE can not punish rmt or cheaters, but leaving an exploit there is a diferent story, at least imo.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-21 19:39:45  
the exploit is long gone, that character just survived because the original owner recalled it during the ban proceedings and somehow slipped by when the other users were banned
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-10-21 20:05:13  
the game is on life support, don't blame people exploiting it to hell at this point
 Bismarck.Inference
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-10-21 20:07:54  
Yes its worth it
By Pantafernando 2014-10-21 20:08:58  
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
the game is on life support, don't blame people exploiting it to hell at this point

If they dont blame me for trying to get them banned or at least for trying to fix all exploits they use to get richer, so they can get out of my sight, fair.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-21 20:13:07  

Spoken like someone trying to justify their hacking, I'm not biased either way, yes I feel if SE was going to take any action it should have been severe, however these sorts of things have been going on for years (I know for a fact the Salvage glitch was being done back in 2012 .... No not by myself a friend explained it to me I called BS and then we ***here now 2 years later).

Arguing a game is on Life Support is reason to steal and cheat, I hope your special otherhalf never hit's life support because from what you said that's grounds to steal and cheat on them

Bad analogy if that's not the case.
[+]
 Cerberus.Halticus
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2014-10-21 20:17:11  
Draylo would like a word with you
By Voren 2014-10-21 20:23:03  
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Arguing a game is on Life Support is reason to steal and cheat, I hope your special otherhalf never hit's life support because from what you said that's grounds to steal and cheat on them

That's a bit of an extreme comparison, game vs wife/husband/family, but ok.

The game's not so much on life support as it is just in a slump. There's people still active and some returning here and there.

I'd like to see time restrictions done away with in certain areas. It's not that farming currency is hard, just time consuming, and if obtaining better gear from old content (dyna) is what keeps some from joining in on the new, why not make the old content a bit easier time wise.

Pulling an average of 350/run for a weapon that costs 17,000 takes 48 days unless you have multiple characters or a way to make money to supplement. Even though that's no where near as time consuming as it was even a couple of years ago, it's still 48+/- days to work on something just to go on to current content.

And before someone starts spitting fire at me, yeah I realize you got your weapon over the course of 2-3 months of real grinding, great, good, go on and enjoy current content and let others who rely on soloing and PUGs get there's so they can also enjoy current content.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-10-21 20:27:33  

Spoken like someone trying to justify their hacking, I'm not biased either way, yes I feel if SE was going to take any action it should have been severe, however these sorts of things have been going on for years (I know for a fact the Salvage glitch was being done back in 2012 .... No not by myself a friend explained it to me I called BS and then we ***here now 2 years later).

Well, I don't even play, so.

Cerberus.Halticus said: »

I happen to be in his LS, I guess he might lecture me if I popped on, though I don't see that happening in the foreseeable future.
 Cerberus.Halticus
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2014-10-21 20:33:23  

Well, I don't even play, so.

Cerberus.Halticus said: »

I happen to be in his LS, I guess he might lecture me if I popped on, though I don't see that happening in the foreseeable future.
Sorry, didn't realize you haven't played since 2012. Nvm then..all of your comments are irrelevant.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-10-21 20:34:59  
lol
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-10-21 21:48:13  
Pretty sure Salvage glitch was do-able since the beginning of Salvage, it's just that early Salvage 1 was so hard and took so long and nowhere near as many people used clipper back then, that it wasn't a thing.
 Asura.Dakenx
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Dakenx 2014-10-21 21:59:44  
Exploits like this ruin the game. SE punishment for the salvage exploit was disappointing to say the least. Letting people who made amazingly ridiculous amounts of gil to stay on game while others grind their 100-200 a day is a joke.

I was making mythic #2 100% legit when this hit and now I'm struggling to get myself to finish it. About 1/2 done with it on all thing(alex,token,assault,ichor) did salvage today got 259 in 2 runs normally not a bad run but knowing people were doing 10x that daily is just frustrating. Also had started koga and now every SAM on server seems to have it so that's not helping my motivations at all.

Either way I know its sour grapes because what others do shouldn't effect me but an exploit like this to merely slappng the exploiters on the wrist shows how desperate SE is for subscriptions so exploits like this will continue to only have minor penalty attached to them so even more will be exploited by a growing number of people, SE is on a slippery slope now with this game where not even the worst exploitation of the game gets you banned. It will just get worse from here... Bravo SE why am I still playing?
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-10-21 22:00:31  
honestly, I think what has kept a lot of NA players going this long has been Windower, and by extension, SE adopting some of Windowers most popular addons. I know a lot of people who would have quit by now if we only had SEs crappy UI for all this time.