Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-07-30 09:47:41  
Sylph.Truckie said: »
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Zoltar said: »
Don't Namas Arrow > Barrage at the start of any AA/DM fight. Wipes aren't cool.
What if all three rangers did their best ws and barrage at the start with reraise then died? Pld keeps tanking whm keeps whming and they all get up, shooting normally while weak and a huge chunk of the nm is gone instantly while they wait for barrage retimer and pld to build enmity

I guess if this is your plan on Normal difficulty. Normally, as RNG, you'd eat rng acc food, and idk, maybe there are 2-3 rngs that do this every run, but i'd prefer to just be smart about it and not try to win a parse... you've got 30 minutes.
HONK HONK

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jezard
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Dre
By Bahamut.Jezard 2014-07-30 10:08:30  
Nice to see nothing has change from last week *** fest about our rng wiping everyone over and over during DM.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-30 10:21:11  
Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
It sucks when you have a partial wipe and rely on those weakened for the majority of your damage

What's the problem there? weakened state doesn't effect rng's performance (unless they're meleeing.)

The only risk is if you die again and get double weak... and I guess they need to eat at least 2 food for the fight.

You lose buff and it can take a while to get all songs/roll up(especially rolls). Depend on your food you can waste expensive food. If you enter with outside buff you wasted them too. I'm not entirely convinced you gain more DPS by suiciding.
By Zoltar 2014-07-30 10:24:45  
Bahamut.Jezard said: »
Nice to see nothing has change from last week *** fest about our rng wiping everyone over and over during DM.

Idk man, I was commenting about MY OWN mistakes.

Here you go again...
By Pantafernando 2014-07-30 10:37:29  
Sieha1 said: »
Asura.Backstab said: »
little facts to help you suck less: dont follow most of the tips in this thread.

Its basically a player warning thread without names. people do dumb stuff then others come here to complain under the disguise of to help you 'suck' less.

You said the words that ive been thinking since from start. Otherwise why would someone post that specifically in bahamut forum? Thats why i stated "dubious thread" before.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-07-30 10:53:02  
the point would be then to take the moral of the story to heart, and the specifics to ponder over. it shouldnt be an opinion for people to be efficient. it shouldnt be a call for a personal attack if someone posts things that happen to them enough that they should post about it. my perspective is from one with no REM's (aside from my mule that i made a ghorn for a few months ago). i mean if i can do the events ive done in the fashion ive done them without them, i must be doing something right, right? instead of viewing something as elitist, maybe put yourself in the position of someone who doesnt accept mediocrity, yet only has mediocrity as a weapon.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-07-30 11:27:32  
Here's something- if you are returning to the game after a long absence, or you are just trying to progress in your gear, make sure you have a support job available, and make sure you can play it at least passably. I see all of these shouts where a Delve/AA/etc. group is looking for BRD/WHM/SCH (PLD and RNG being the others that you see often, or GEO). And the shouts will go on, and on, and the groups will often fail, and I'll see them back again in Jeuno shouting for a new support mage because the last one sucked. It's true, the vast majority of pug bards, white mages, and scholars are absolute garbage and here's why- most competent people who play these jobs don't need to join your bad pickup group with your garbage bandwagon monk or ranger or whatever. If I want to play white mage, I can check my linkshell or friends list and come up with a party of DD's who are better than you, and I can have a smooth, fun run, instead of having to carry you. Hell, I can field a good DD myself if need be, good enough for any content currently in the game, and that's true of the majority of serious players in XI today.

On the other hand, if you're starting a group as a WHM, BRD, whatever support the content requires, and you're looking for DD's, you can be picky. You can get good DD's, because nearly everyone has a well-geared damage dealer, and it's not a chore to play.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-30 12:35:45  
Carbuncle.Bukadan said: »
7. remediesx12, panaceax12, antacidx12, holy waterx12, riverfin soup, magma steak, hydra kofte, pescatora, tav tacos, mushroom stew. carry these. all of them. dont buy echos at all. theyre useless since remedy takes silence off. medicine and food at the most costly armor slots in the game, for good reason. someone who ALWAYS has these on them (antacids to change foods in case a *** terrible bard lets songs drop/sings wrong songs/ect ect) is desirable. i dont wanna hear opinions about remedies vs echo drops. i dont wanna hear about costs or that rcb is "good enough"
. if your of the opinion that RCB is good enough, then include it in that list, but when i see someone use rcb over hydra kofte at least, i learn that you are willing to gimp the most valuable "equipment" slot we have.

According to wiki and AH data:

RCB:

HP +25
Strength +7
Agility +1
Intelligence -2
Attack +24.7% (Cap: 150@652 Base Attack)
Ranged Attack +24.7% (Cap: 150@652 Base Ranged Attack)
Demon Killer +4

Hydra kofte:

Food Effects: (3 hours, All Races)
Strength +7
Intelligence -3
Attack +20% (Cap: 150@750 Base Attack)
Ranged Attack +20% (Cap: 150@750 Base Ranged Attack)
Defense +25% (Cap: 70@280 Base Defense)
Resist Poison

Riverfin:
Acc/ R. Acc +14% (Caps at 90)

Atk/ R. Atk +18% (Caps at 80)
Amorph Killer + 5

Unless the above data is incorrect, not sure what's wrong with RCB as above food are all situational.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-07-30 12:37:11  
Pretty sure he's saying go Magma steak if you don't need defense (kofte) or acc (Riverfin)

I generally do that, my situational use for RCB though is gimp pties. If I feel like I'm going to die, that's when I use RCB; and if it's really bad, I use YCB
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-30 12:39:50  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Pretty sure he's saying go Magma steak if you don't need defense (kofte) or acc (Riverfin)

Magma steak:

Food Effects
Duration:
200 minutesQuestion
Effect:
Strength +8
Attack +23% (Cap: 180@783 Base Attack)
Vermin Killer +~10%Question

Well, Magma steak is more likely to be better than RCB most of the time, but not if you only need 150 more attack to cap!(which is rare, but still possible).
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-07-30 12:42:14  
1 str son! and the difference in attack could also allow for gear or buff swaps. If you're capping with both, maybe you can swap out a minuet for something else? Or maybe swap out a piece of gear w/ attack on it for another stat, etc.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-30 12:56:41  
1 str son! and the difference in attack could also allow for gear or buff swaps. If you're capping with both, maybe you can swap out a minuet for something else? Or maybe swap out a piece of gear w/ attack on it for another stat, etc.

AGI <3 :D lol demon killer!
By Pantafernando 2014-07-30 13:18:54  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »

AGI <3 :D lol demon killer!

I bet demon killer will be useful in new skirmish and inner rakaznar content.
By Luvbunny1 2014-07-30 14:40:18  
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Here's something- if you are returning to the game after a long absence, or you are just trying to progress in your gear, make sure you have a support job available, and make sure you can play it at least passably. I see all of these shouts where a Delve/AA/etc. group is looking for BRD/WHM/SCH (PLD and RNG being the others that you see often, or GEO).
Pretty much this. If you return to the game, and you already have Ochain + Aegis PLD, then you are good to go, apart from getting your 119 Reforged gears, and 119 Swords, plus a few other accessories, as PLD you are rather solid. Learning the mechanics of the new contents are pretty much all you need to do.

If you are not PLD, pray that you like or be able to tolerate playing Bard or White Mage - it's the only way you can catch up to the new contents rather fast (Bad PUGS still happens - but at least you will get more opportunity to tag along and get clear on most content). If you do not want to pay monthly fees for this game only to be forced to play the jobs you absolutely reviled and have ZERO intention to play... then let's hope you have the patience of a Saint because shouting for WHM, BRD, SCH and PLD will be your main job.

Your other solution would be - become the absolute nicest helpful person possible to your fellow Bard, White Mage and Scholar and befriend a bunch of them because you will need them to be a part of your static groups so you can play as whatever other jobs you like, most likely DD... LOL
[+]
 Bahamut.Jezard
user: Dre
By Bahamut.Jezard 2014-07-30 20:43:58  
Bahamut.Jezard said: »

Idk man, I was commenting about MY OWN mistakes.

Here you go again...

I wasn't directing it at you just ls in general. It's a reason why I am taking a break from the game cause all it does is frustrate me atm that we having these stupid issues still.
 Phoenix.Elyse
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Ransixdow
By Phoenix.Elyse 2014-07-30 22:43:38  
Some macro suggestions for people not using SC/Gear swap. If you are going to swap more than 6 peices of gear make use of the /macro command.

Making a macros that line up like this can help assist swapping lots of peices
By setting macros up like that will allow you to just hit the same button X time to accomplish swaps. Also as a mage I find this very nice to swap gear and put myself on the macro set which has all of my [curing/enfs/enhancing/etc...] spells. As a side note the downside to macros like this is that hitting the next macro too fast can prevent pieces of gear lower in the macro from changing.

This same macro layout can be used for melees, put the /ws command in after all gear swaps then have 2 or 3 more macros to swap back with the final one returning you back to the top Something like this:
My WHM suggestions got rather long so in an attempt to not have a wall of text I'm just going to collapse it
The best way I've learned as WHM how to anticipate what melees need is to switch and be a DD a few times. After having the chance to be on the receiving end of spells/TP moves I know how to fix it.

A keyboard shortcut to check your gear with bmn and /lockstyle in play ctrl+e brings you right to equipment screen.

:tldr More WHM suggestions and some suggestions on how to use the /macro command
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-07-30 23:57:09  
Not sure if it's been brought up, but if you're using windower, aliases are a great way to make little shortcuts to important abilities and spells you just can't justify a macro slot for. For example, setting //bwa for Barwater or //bfi for Barfire, etc. to allow for quick casting of these spells when you need them fast but don't have time to stroll through your menu.

As a RUN, I also have aliases to bind a rune to a single macro, allowing me to type, say, //tene to bind Tenebrae to my rune macro. A similar method could be well applied to Sambas, Avatars, Quick Draw, etc.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [158 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-04 22:08:32  
This should probably get stickied or a link made in like every Job Guide...
By Fyea 2015-01-04 22:46:38  
You no longer lose medicines/items when paralyze triggers on yourself.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-01-04 23:32:53  
More relevant nowadays:

Distract and Feint don't stack. Recast your Distracts when Feint is gone.

Notserious:

Spam Flurry on your melees and Haste on your Rangers to rise up to the list of most hated persons.

The Regen+ from Bolelabunga, WHM AFs, etc all is a % based on the basic Regen amount before Arts and other enhancements.

However the big exception to this are augmented Bookworm capes for SCHs. They will add a flat HP amount to your Regens.
[+]
 Asura.Celoria
サーバ: Asura
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-01-04 23:43:04  
Not sure if someone said it yet or not but I have found

Thf
5/5 TA merits is better option than 5/5 SA merits.

Allows you to DD more while keeping hate off you and on tank or at least someone with higher def/hp
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-01-05 03:44:16  
Verda said: »
Some more newb friendly advice, don't cast dia if someone already cast bio they can't coexist on the same mob, worst you'll fizzle b/c it's equal/lower potency and best you'll overwrite the other spell. Just like elemental debuffs can't all be stacked on, dia is light and bio is dark they can't both be on the mob.
In most cases, dia is more beneficial to have on the mob than bio, Dia has a lower DoT/tick but offers defence down, which in the course of a fight will be far more beneficial than Bio's higher DoT/tick and attack down.

Interestingly, ffxiclopedia claims that dia and bio will stack if dia is cast after bio, I definitely don't think that's true so gonna test it after work today unless someone beats me to it, I was thinking just finding a mob, casting bio > dia on it, since both have a 1 minute duration, if they are active on the mob I should get a wears off message in a short amount of time.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-01-05 10:49:35  
Well nowadays with the revamped damage formulas Bio can be pretty good in more difficult content like Incursion. Can be the difference between your DDs getting 1 shotted with a Mighty Strikes TP moves on a missed Stun.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-01-05 11:08:26  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Verda said: »
Some more newb friendly advice, don't cast dia if someone already cast bio they can't coexist on the same mob, worst you'll fizzle b/c it's equal/lower potency and best you'll overwrite the other spell. Just like elemental debuffs can't all be stacked on, dia is light and bio is dark they can't both be on the mob.
In most cases, dia is more beneficial to have on the mob than bio, Dia has a lower DoT/tick but offers defence down, which in the course of a fight will be far more beneficial than Bio's higher DoT/tick and attack down.

Interestingly, ffxiclopedia claims that dia and bio will stack if dia is cast after bio, I definitely don't think that's true so gonna test it after work today unless someone beats me to it, I was thinking just finding a mob, casting bio > dia on it, since both have a 1 minute duration, if they are active on the mob I should get a wears off message in a short amount of time.

As far as I know Bio and Dia do not play well together at all.

Another Dia note: if you're a cor, please use Light Shot to enhance your RDM's Dia. Please. Additionally, if you are a COR, you have a gun for a reason. Do use it. You may not want to WS depending on your team setup, but standing there with your thumb up your butt after rolling dice is a Bad Thing. <3

This may have been said before but..

If your Blue Mage Diffusions an Erratic Flutter, don't bother casting Haste on anyone hit by it.

Don't cast Haste if you have RDM in your alliance (unless she's the stunner, don't kill your poor rdm by expecting her to buff/debuff and hit every TP move all at once!)

Don't interrupt selfchains. It's annoying. If you see a SAM use Sekkanoki, generally speaking they're doing it for a reason. Similarly if a BLU uses Chain Affinity, they're likely to get at least mildly upset if you interrupt their chain.

DON'T BUFF IN THE ENTRYWAY FOR INCURSION. Jesus H Christ on Twilight Sparkle, don't do it.

If you see your scholar use Accession, running away is a bad idea.
-Same goes for whm buffs, songs, rolls... there's a reason I announce "If you run I'm not chasing you down."

Be polite to your fellow party members, especially if it's a PUG. Even if they suck. Everyone's new once. Sometimes people don't know what to do. If you think this is the case outline strategy pre-entry and make sure people know what they're expected to do. Remember, you too once needed clears and gears. Don't be a douche canoe.
- A corollary to this is that if you absolutely need to vent about people in your current party, be sure you don't MT it to the alliance. :D
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14