Little facts to help you suck less
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14
 Cerberus.Spirachub
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-07-30 05:43:17  
Creaucent Alazrin said: »
That post about the /mage and acting like its your main I wouldnt go all guns blazing and try and be the main healer as you will be making your whms life harder. Whms af3+2 pants go off the amount cured so if you manage to get off a 600 cure IV before they can you are making them use more mp and they can cure that with a cure III. Instead work on waking people, Na-ing people and casting haste fights last so much longer if you have petrified, plagued, sleeping or paralyzed DDs.

If your cures on /whm are going off before your whm's, your whm is really badly geared or has really bad reaction time/not focused. (unless you're a sch or rdm perhaps) and you should def. help cure

You would want to cure in healing heavy situations. chances are you're covering what your whm didn't cure rather than curing what he/she would've cured and may save a DD's life. If it's not cure heavy / you can see your whm can handle it, then yes concentrate on status ailments and what nots.

Observation + adapt is what support jobs do. There is no strict rule to follow on when to do what.
[+]
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-07-30 06:19:18  
Hence why I said i wouldnt go all guns blazing and try to be a main healer and if you manage to get a cure off before them.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-07-30 06:23:58  
Hence why I said i wouldnt go all guns blazing and try to be a main healer and if you manage to get a cure off before them.

My point is you won't really make your whm's life harder, you're either wasting mp or you are actually doing helpful work depending on the circumstances.

Just making sure whoever is reading and trying to suck less doesn't read your message and think "I'm on /whm, i shouldn't heal at all or I'll be getting in the way of my whm!"
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-07-30 06:30:04  
I find /SCH for Accession and 'na/Erase to be pretty handy for some situations, like Ra'Kaznar Skirmish.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-07-30 06:44:44  
Cerberus.Spirachub said: »

My point is you won't really make your whm's life harder, you're either wasting mp or you are actually doing helpful work depending on the circumstances.

Just making sure whoever is reading and trying to suck less doesn't read your message and think "I'm on /whm, i shouldn't heal at all or I'll be getting in the way of my whm!"

Once again I never said dont heal I said dont go in all guns blazing and try to be the main healer.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-07-30 06:51:52  

Once again I never said dont heal I said dont go in all guns blazing and try to be the main healer.

Not sure why you're biting onto this so hard. I clarified my reason for elaborating from your point. From my interpretation of your post, it can be read as "If you heal you'll get in the way, concentrate on status ailments". Which is not true. I never said I support the attempt of being a main healer either.

If I can read it that way, some other person can also read it that way. Sorry if you're offended by me adding my view on this base on your post. And arguing over what exactly you meant is kind of irrelevant to this topic.
By Zoltar 2014-07-30 08:25:10  
Don't Namas Arrow > Barrage at the start of any AA/DM fight. Wipes aren't cool.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Zoltar 2014-07-30 08:34:57  
Sounds OK for a Normal fight, but not helpful in D/VD. We wiped 3x yesterday at start bc of dumb mistakes (one was my fault) and cleared D with only a couple minutes to spare.

It's just good advice, I think...let pld get substantial hate before going all out

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-30 08:50:14  
Shouldnt use decoy shot from start before going all out? This way, dont matter how much hate you create, pld will grab 80% of it.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-07-30 08:53:06  
Pantafernando said: »
Shouldnt use decoy shot from start before going all out? This way, dont matter how much hate you create, pld will grab 80% of it.

Decoy shot doesn't work with barrage/ws, if that's what you mean.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-07-30 08:58:57  
Pantafernando said: »

Decoy shot doesn't work with barrage/ws, if that's what you mean.

Prob thats why someone who doesnt know this would start with barrage and ws so.
 Asura.Backstab
サーバ: Asura
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2014-07-30 09:03:38  
little facts to help you suck less: dont follow most of the tips in this thread.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Exavion
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-07-30 09:09:15  
Just throwing this out there because ive seen it happen in AA...

Rng (or COR) pull hate
Paladin has his back facing rangers....
NM hits Hatepuller dropping their enmity level
NM kills paladin with a move to his back.

Yeah I know the paladin should have turned but maybe the first thing they do is flip through macros trying to flash or use a enmity JA... or they are just slow.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Sieha1 2014-07-30 09:16:24  
Asura.Backstab said: »
little facts to help you suck less: dont follow most of the tips in this thread.

Its basically a player warning thread without names. people do dumb stuff then others come here to complain under the disguise of to help you 'suck' less.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Exavion
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-07-30 09:18:23  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Ragnarok.Exavion said: »
Just throwing this out there because ive seen it happen in AA...

Rng (or COR) pull hate
Paladin has his back facing rangers....
NM hits Hatepuller dropping their enmity level
NM kills paladin with a move to his back.

Yeah I know the paladin should have turned but maybe the first thing they do is flip through macros trying to flash or use a enmity JA... or they are just slow.
Or the paladin was locked in place due to a shitty system flaw of spells cast of them

Haha there's a good tip! Don't lockup your party with spells that can wait when they're trying to draw weapon and engage, enter the group in an instance, or turn to mob to pull aggro back.
By Zoltar 2014-07-30 09:22:57  
How would the paladin die if the rangers pull the nm to them and die upon entering? Did the rangers gather around the whm at start of fight or something?

Or the 5-10 seconds dead loses more dps than the extra barrage and ws x 3 gains?

Where did you read that the pld died? I'm talking ranger party wipe.
By Zoltar 2014-07-30 09:24:23  
It sucks when you have a partial wipe and rely on those weakened for the majority of your damage

To clarify, I meant wiping my fellow rangers, not an alliance wipe
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-07-30 09:29:59  
Zoltar said: »
It sucks when you have a partial wipe and rely on those weakened for the majority of your damage

What's the problem there? weakened state doesn't effect rng's performance (unless they're meleeing.)

The only risk is if you die again and get double weak... and I guess they need to eat at least 2 food for the fight.

Post deleted by User.
By Zoltar 2014-07-30 09:32:51  
No worries man, I wasn't totally clear on that.
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2014-07-30 09:34:12  
Does weakness affect RNG's dmg output? Apart from JAs and other buffs being down/reset because of the death, I don't think there's any difference is there? Double weakness sure, can't hit etc., but single weakness I haven't noticed any difference in shooting speed or other relevant things

edit: bg weakness page doesn't list lower racc until double weakened
By Zoltar 2014-07-30 09:36:13  
I retacted my weakness statement, but I still think things like AAMR are harder to hit while weakened
 Ragnarok.Exavion
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-07-30 09:36:48  
Fortunately no the only thing you get is 100% slow and 25~% less hp/mp and just like haste it doesnt affect ranged attacks.

This is partially why RNG and BLM were even more OP before they implemented the double weakness thing.
[+]
By Zoltar 2014-07-30 09:38:40  
Makes me wanna do a /checkparam now when weak...
 Sylph.Truckie
サーバ: Sylph
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Truckie 2014-07-30 09:39:04  
What if all three rangers did their best ws and barrage at the start with reraise then died? Pld keeps tanking whm keeps whming and they all get up, shooting normally while weak and a huge chunk of the nm is gone instantly while they wait for barrage retimer and pld to build enmity

I guess if this is your plan on Normal difficulty. Normally, as RNG, you'd eat rng acc food, and idk, maybe there are 2-3 rngs that do this every run, but i'd prefer to just be smart about it and not try to win a parse... you've got 30 minutes.
By Zoltar 2014-07-30 09:41:37  
Sylph.Truckie said: »
What if all three rangers did their best ws and barrage at the start with reraise then died? Pld keeps tanking whm keeps whming and they all get up, shooting normally while weak and a huge chunk of the nm is gone instantly while they wait for barrage retimer and pld to build enmity

I guess if this is your plan on Normal difficulty. Normally, as RNG, you'd eat rng acc food, and idk, maybe there are 2-3 rngs that do this every run, but i'd prefer to just be smart about it and not try to win a parse... you've got 30 minutes.

I wish more people thought like this. Lots just wanna win parse and be dangerous
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14