Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 153 154 155
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-08 00:15:19  
Bismarck.Keityan said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
Where does it come from?

Came from Tenzen v2. SAM RNG PLD SCH COR BRD was an easy win on normal.

So, cosmic eludication isn't instant lose now? I figured it would have to be a 5 DD zergfest.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-04-08 01:53:01  
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/120652-The-Warrior-s-Path-Part-2

-Dramatica's party, who've beat it on VD already, says cosmic is only damage now.
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-04-08 05:05:50  
Where does it come from?

Came from Tenzen v2. SAM RNG PLD SCH COR BRD was an easy win on normal.

Also had to make sure that the TP Bonus +100 works only on bow. It works like that for every other weapon with a TP bonus so if anything, it was just wishful thinking. (Works only on bow)

Need ccl to test the defense down effect :p

Byrth's testing showed it to be at least 25-30% ignored at 300tp. Safest assumption at the moment would be 20% at 200tp and 30% at 300tp.

Byrth on BG said:
I got interested enough in this to give it a try on the Test Server, now that they have fixed it. Someone please check these ranged attack numbers, as I'm no ranger and this is just my guess for how they're calculated:
440 Ranged Skill + 78 in gear + 10 from /WAR trait + 8 base + 61 from 123 STR = 597 Ranged Attack without food
440 Ranged Skill + 78 in gear + 10 from /WAR trait + 8 base + 61 from 123 STR * 1.25 = 746 Ranged Attack with Berserk and no food
440 Ranged Skill + 78 in gear + 10 from /WAR trait + 8 base + 61 from 123 STR * (1 + (17+64)/256) = 786 Ranged Attack with Berserk and Warcry and no food
440 Ranged Skill + 78 in gear + 10 from /WAR trait + 8 base + 61 from 123 STR * 1.25 + 75 = 826 Ranged Attack with Berserk and Red Curry Bun
440 Ranged Skill + 78 in gear + 10 from /WAR trait + 8 base + 65 from 130 STR * 1.2 = 721 Ranged Attack with Hydra Kofte
440 Ranged Skill + 78 in gear + 10 from /WAR trait + 8 base + 65 from 130 STR * 1.2 * 1.25= 871 Ranged Attack with Hydra Kofte and Berserk

Level 0 neutral targets took 1548 damage from my Apex Arrow, which reflects the predicted 172 base damage with Loxley/fSTR/Ruszor Arrow. This would be 1687 damage from the sweet spot, or 2108 from the sweet spot with Piercing Bonus. 1935 is from outside the sweet spot.

Data (all shots from 7.4'):
101 TP, 90 xp monster: Berserk/Hydra Kofte (871 RAtk) = 2108 damage :: So it ignores at least 10% defense at 100TP. I also did one point-blank for 1935 damage.
100 TP, 90 xp monster: Hydra Kofte (721 RAtk) = 1836 damage :: approximately 2.65 cRatio
This indicates about 15% defense ignored at 100TP. (721/322/2.65) If this is the case, we would expect cRatio to cap at 819 RAtk.
100 TP, 90 xp monster: Berserk/Warcry (786 RAtk?) = 1951 damage :: approximately 2.8 cRatio Again, ~13-15% defense ignored
104 TP, 100 xp monster: Berserk/RCB (826 RAtk?) = 2108 damage :: The extra could have added something here, but it seems to ignore at least 16% defense at 104TP.
300TP, 100 xp monster: Hydra Kofte (721 RAtk) = 2108 damage :: At least 25~30% defense ignored.

At this point I ran out of medicine and died. I'd love it if someone could finish this, but I don't think it will be me!
 Bismarck.Keityan
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-04-08 15:16:58  
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

-Dramatica's party, who've beat it on VD already, says cosmic is only damage now.

You can also avoid cosmic elucidation entirely by kiting him when he does Meikyo. (I was under the impression that Cosmic Elucidation is a skillchain so if you stop the skillchain at any point, you can avoid it). You can also avoid it completely by using Yaegesumi, which makes you avoid all his WS's. At the last 10ish seconds of Yaegesumi, popping Meikyo will make you feel like god.

I think Tenzen used Meikyo twice, but I'll have to check my logs.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-08 15:20:06  
it's been a while, but i assumed the battlefield was too small to actually kite him, good info.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-04-08 17:39:22  
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

You can also avoid cosmic elucidation entirely by kiting him when he does Meikyo. (I was under the impression that Cosmic Elucidation is a skillchain so if you stop the skillchain at any point, you can avoid it). You can also avoid it completely by using Yaegesumi, which makes you avoid all his WS's. At the last 10ish seconds of Yaegesumi, popping Meikyo will make you feel like god.

That's strange, because with ninjas all of his skillchains would go off even if we blinked every single WS. I guess outranging them works though?
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-04-08 20:42:37  
Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
That's strange, because with ninjas all of his skillchains would go off even if we blinked every single WS. I guess outranging them works though?

Yep, checked through my logs. In our fight, it never did Cosmic Elucidation even once. When we entered, there was no info on this so how we dealt with the potential "Cosmic Elucidation kick out" was stunning it on the 2nd-3rd WS and kiting. (Not sure if the stun proced or not, I just did it out of reaction)
 Cerberus.Reiden
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2014-04-08 22:40:22  
Ginsen ammo: Accuracy+5 Attack+10 "Store TP"+3, if you dont have cibi.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2014-04-09 20:46:57  
Hey all, trying to regear my SAM, I'm just wondering with the Tsurumaru, how much STP is needed for a 4hit/5hit not quite sure how the "Save TP" works, you just get 25 tp no matter what after weaponskill?

anyways, any help is much appreciated! :D
By dronugz 2014-04-09 20:56:33  
Bahamut.Greyfawkz said: »
Hey all, trying to regear my SAM, I'm just wondering with the Tsurumaru, how much STP is needed for a 4hit/5hit not quite sure how the "Save TP" works, you just get 25 tp no matter what after weaponskill?

anyways, any help is much appreciated! :D

that all depends on youre set up Grey... if you want to get a 4-hit build w/out sacrificing acc/attk/multihit the best option would be to use lentus grip and calculate from there. The current stp required to 4-hit w/tsuru w/ capped stp merits is 78 stp from gear.

Store tp calc

the link above should help calculate what pieces you can swap in and out.

If its end game content like the new delves I feel its hard to use x-hit build so in my opinion the best thing would be to get 0-100 5hit and stack as much multi hit as possible since you already will start tp build at 25 after youre first WS.

Hope this helps.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2014-04-09 21:00:27  
Thanks, Dronugz very helpful! Also think I found what i'm looking for in one of Keityan's posts, so thanks to him too!
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-04-15 10:36:52  
Opening my Gear-set node to public for a week for people to test run. Please send suggestions, comments, errors, and feedback to my inbox. Most importantly, I need it to be usable. If you can't understand what I wrote, chances are, it's me and I need to make it somewhat more understandable.

I also need affirmation that it's something that people will use. Will you use it? These are important questions because many people who use guides will never say anything about it. For silent stalkers, I need feedback from you too.

So here we go:

http://www.ffxiah.com/node/140
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Vaporybean
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Vaporybean 2014-04-15 10:59:40  
Opening my Gear-set node to public for a week for people to test run. Please send suggestions, comments, errors, and feedback to my inbox. Most importantly, I need it to be usable. If you can't understand what I wrote, chances are, it's me and I need to make it somewhat more understandable.

This is awesome. Very helpful.
 Lakshmi.Bladewing
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: bladewing
By Lakshmi.Bladewing 2014-04-15 13:38:16  

I also need affirmation that it's something that people will use. Will you use it? These are important questions because many people who use guides will never say anything about it. For silent stalkers, I need feedback from you too.

So here we go:

I like this, need more jobs setup like this.

May add a section that lists the current rank for GKs?
 Asura.Ccl
サーバ: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-04-15 13:54:46  
Nice; it's very usefull and easy to read
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-04-15 13:59:10  
Lakshmi.Bladewing said: »

I've considered this and will continue to consider this. I set it up this way because you can make a case for practically all i119 G.kats and Bows depending on the mob.

You'd be surprised how often I would use Tsurumaru, Anahera Blade, Amano, and Masamune despite having an Koga and Yoichi and this isn't because I want to spread the love to all things SAM, but because they all offer something uniquely different. They all have their niche use and some of them are quite amazing.

I want to encourage everyone to use different combinations of the G.kats/Bows that they own and work off of it. Most of all, be creative and be experimental and find out what works for you.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2014-04-15 14:47:27  

So here we go:

You know me, I've been using your gear sets for months now. I'm constantly checking, especially within the week after a version update.
 Asura.Ccl
サーバ: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-04-15 14:50:12  
I would suggest against making a "current gkt rank" cause it can change every update and on most guide it's often what take the most place and make it the hardest to read and people ussualy give up on updating that part first. Gotta keep it easy to update for you too :p
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-04-15 16:40:20  
Lakshmi.Bladewing said: »

I've considered this and will continue to consider this. I set it up this way because you can make a case for practically all i119 G.kats and Bows depending on the mob.

You'd be surprised how often I would use Tsurumaru, Anahera Blade, Amano, and Masamune despite having an Koga and Yoichi and this isn't because I want to spread the love to all things SAM, but because they all offer something uniquely different. They all have their niche use and some of them are quite amazing.

I want to encourage everyone to use different combinations of the G.kats/Bows that they own and work off of it. Most of all, be creative and be experimental and find out what works for you.

Unless you're constantly rolling with alliance settings for buffs/debuffs I'd be surprised if Koga isn't coming out ahead the vast majority of the time.

Relevant Amano mobs probably come down to a small handful, and even then you can probably reduce that figure further if you are massively buffed. Masa I can't see any use for except maybe an extremely brief Yoichi 1hr zerg.

Yoichi obviously has some use but it takes markedly more buffs/debuffs to cap ranged ratio than most people seem to think, even on lower tiers of content. Tsu/Anahera only apply when Yoichi applies.

I'm not saying Koga is the end all, but for even someone well above average (in terms of ls/support) its best the vast majority of the time.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-15 16:42:30  
a lot of people get the idea that they can't be effective on a job without a top teir weapon, which isn't necessarily true. for 99% of the content, roe weapons will work, and the rest of the content can be done pretty well with almost any 119 weapon, as stated.

i would like to see a hierarchy of progression starting with critical macro pieces and easily obtainable bayld/roe gear through a few steps toward optimal builds. give people a starting point that highlights the important aspects of gearing and playing the job.
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-04-15 17:17:40  
Carbuncle.Killkenny said: »
Unless you're constantly rolling with alliance settings for buffs/debuffs I'd be surprised if Koga isn't coming out ahead the vast majority of the time.

Relevant Amano mobs probably come down to a small handful, and even then you can probably reduce that figure further if you are massively buffed. Masa I can't see any use for except maybe an extremely brief Yoichi 1hr zerg.

Yoichi obviously has some use but it takes markedly more buffs/debuffs to cap ranged ratio than most people seem to think, even on lower tiers of content. Tsu/Anahera only apply when Yoichi applies.

I'm not saying Koga is the end all, but for even someone well above average (in terms of ls/support) its best the vast majority of the time.

This becomes very subjective! We make judgements based on the type of content we play and for some players, "vast majority" could be an entirely different G.kat. As I said above, I'll think about it on the next version.
[+]
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-04-15 17:20:13  
i would like to see a hierarchy of progression starting with critical macro pieces and easily obtainable bayld/roe gear through a few steps toward optimal builds. give people a starting point that highlights the important aspects of gearing and playing the job.

What do you think if I made some of the gear on the "Replacement Chart" with different colors? For example, Green would denote that the piece was practically un-replacable (Wakido Kote +1).
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-15 17:33:51  

What do you think if I made some of the gear on the "Replacement Chart" with different colors? For example, Green would denote that the piece was practically un-replacable (Wakido Kote +1).

Ya, that's more or less what I was getting at. Perhaps a footnote about why a piece is locked in that slot. I've seen way too many SAM's using Phorcys Dirs and Otronif Gloves...
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2014-04-15 21:37:20  
Are the multiple sets focused solely on the ability to reach the next x-hit tier, based on weapon delay/samurai roll, with a disregard for the DPS spreadsheets(or any other methods), or have you mapped out each situation where each increment of the sliding set scale goes up and down? If you've done the latter, It'd be interesting to see some of the scenarios you'd be changing sets and how much of a gain you'd be getting if you had otherwise stayed with what has been the standard "optimal set" paradigm that's been more common in the past.
 Shiva.Tedril
サーバ: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-15 21:59:48  

So here we go:

I would love to see this done on monk...
[+]
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-04-15 22:28:08  
Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Are the multiple sets focused solely on the ability to reach the next x-hit tier, based on weapon delay/samurai roll, with a disregard for the DPS spreadsheets(or any other methods), or have you mapped out each situation where each increment of the sliding set scale goes up and down? If you've done the latter, It'd be interesting to see some of the scenarios you'd be changing sets and how much of a gain you'd be getting if you had otherwise stayed with what has been the standard "optimal set" paradigm that's been more common in the past.

I have mapped this out with DPS spreadsheets and used my own hit build spreadsheets to come up with these sets. There will be some differences though, for example, I'm aware that Otronif Brais +1 will do nicely with Crit +2/DA+2 but that doesn't change the fact that I have Otronif Brais +1 committed to TP set 9 with Acc.

The finding is that, for most G.kat's (barring KogaAM3), it's entirely based on how close you can get to a hit build. If you can find a situation where you can get "just" enough STP to get a hit build and load up multistrike/Crit, the DPS will only go up. The gear sets can extend even further than TP4. (I had a TP5, and TP6 that had even more multistrike such as Atheling Mantle but I didn't find myself using them often enough to post.)

So what are my implications? Right now, everyone is on an "optimal set" paradigm but an "optimal set" paradigm does not account for all the things that don't make it optimal. For example, the moment you add COR rolls, you will add a variable amount of STP. Why stop at COR roll +7? You can optimize COR roll +8, +9, +10, +11 just by having a sliding scale of STP and multistrike. This is how it works on the spreadsheets. This is how it's applied to real time.

Now add the fact that players may have multiple g.kats with different strengths in each scenario. This is the most effective way to organize these sets.
[+]
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2014-04-15 22:31:00  
You sir, are my hero.
By Guts007 2014-04-16 11:33:53  
Is a Namas racc set needed? I've never noticed any racc issues with it on any content with my sam using very low racc sets. Always thought it was a 1 hit ws with cap acc.
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-04-16 11:40:36  
Guts007 said: »
Is a Namas racc set needed? I've never noticed any racc issues with it on any content with my sam using very low racc sets. Always thought it was a 1 hit ws with cap acc.

There is no need for it in Delve 1, but in Delve 2, I do find myself using variations of it. Once you get to higher tier VD battles and plan on using Namas as a form of hate management, you might expect to need some sort of accuracy even for Namas. There would actually be a gear progression for this too but I don't know how useful it would be for most. Instead of pushing for hit builds with STP like the G.kat section, Namas is all about bordering the acc cap and adding more STR/R.attack.

Edit: One mob in Delve 2 just popped in my mind: Hakawai. Flying pink bird, weak to piercing. I tried to eat meat at one point to see where I can push the limits and using the standard Namas Set, it failed to cap r.acc.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 153 154 155