Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 153 154 155
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-11-18 18:25:41  
A boss is incredibly weak to jinpu and possibly others with any weapon.
With the prime gk no am and ageha I can hit 99999 100% after 2000 tp possibly less with tp bonus gear.

At around maybe 1300-1500? 70-80k?

Tp comes in so quick and I usually wait anyways to chain off a savage blade for double dmg.

C boss I have seen interesting results occasionally from koki and kagero when I think I am about to make grav or darkness and heal.

As for basement I have not seen to many unresisted kageros
When they do it's around 50k with a decent size skill chain being the second weaponskill in the series
This was on E basement
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-18 20:53:44  
E boss has 30% resistance to fire as well as most everything else except Earth which is only 15% resistance.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Dhartok

F boss has variable resistance but is 95% resistance to fire, water and dark while absorbing wind and thunder. Earth and Ice are going to be 95% or 30% depending on mode.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Gartell

G boss is 30% resistance to light, 40% to fire and thunder, 50% to wind and water, 60% to earth and 70% resistant to ice. And he absorbs dark.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Triboulex

H boss will be 30% resistant to one element and 95% resistant to all others depending on mode.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Aita

The regular bosses are kinda of a joke anyway, I've triod most of them RDM + GEO + SCH.
By SimonSes 2023-11-18 21:28:46  
What you copy pasted are resisted ranks. 70% fire resist rank, doesn't mean it's 30% resist to fire. It means fire based skillchain and magic burst will be less effective than for example at 85% fire resist rank, but fire hybrid WS will have exactly the same damage at 100% and 70% fire resist rank. For hybrid WS the only resist rank thresholds that are important is 50% and below, because that forces 1/2 resist in damage. Also 10% and 5% at which just forget about using hybrids.
By Hopalong 2023-11-18 22:10:17  
Yes, Masa is bread and butter for sure. I use Koga for everything niche like low haste or defensive or hybrids. I had two reasons to make koga: 1) Have a high defensive shield while still being able to make skillchains (perhaps even game breaking against certain enemies), and 2) Hybrid weaponskills because Bippen made an offcomment awhile back how koga multiattack was pretty nice when using hybrid ws, theres even macc30 on koga which maybe helps.

For example: Sortie solo enter and get A metal which is magic burst by Ulegore and Shantotto. Using star sybil, shantotto, ulegore, monbereuax and koru means with just haste 2 and koga triple attack = skillchains or just fast weaponskills. The 4 step skillchain vs Demis is better with koga because it guarantees tp when they can sometime steal tp, and get the 4 step in without destroying the mob. Generally I use Koga on everything but Ghatjok even though I'd like to use it as Jinpu spam because I think Rana triggers its rage (induration?), or at least masa generates more hate at the start which is crucial.

Koga gets tp fast as hell with not full buffs. I used to use koga soloing omen midboss and kin. Its fantastic against mighty strikes. However, now with empy+3 armor I can power through with masamune.

Koga is so good for Sam because it is an offense and a defense, and if buffs are low, it shines even more.

Full buffs, prime is the boss, masa second. Whether you use Doji or Koga on less than full buffs either or is pretty good but koga gets the edge on utility.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2023-11-19 02:23:06  
Where is the downvote button at?
[+]
By ruckusMonster 2023-12-15 00:41:22  
Question from a newbie SAM:

How much Store TP gear do I need for a Doji to get a 3-hit build?

I used an online calculator that said I need +190. Assuming +58 for COR Roll (roll a 7 for minimum), it looks like +48 from innante Sam Store TP at ml0, so....

+94 Store TP needed from gear? Is this right or am I missing anything? From what I've read from other gear sets it makes me feel like I'm missing something
By Dodik 2023-12-15 01:32:59  
3-hit or whatever doesn't matter. You want as much store tp as you can get, plus zanshin then triple/quad attack.

You're not WS-ing at exactly 1k tp. More tp moar damage.
By Seun 2023-12-15 02:04:55  
Three hundred and eight.

Sorry that's my one hit build...

Ideally you would close every skillchain with a 3k WS. Doji seems meant to take advantage of the tp bonus. I guess if you don't need it then you don't need it, but WS at 1k TP is leaving a lot of damage behind.
By SimonSes 2023-12-15 05:05:28  
ruckusMonster said: »

I used an online calculator that said I need +190. Assuming +58 for COR Roll (roll a 7 for minimum), it looks like +48 from innante Sam Store TP at ml0, so....

+94 Store TP needed from gear? Is this right or am I missing anything? From what I've read from other gear sets it makes me feel like I'm missing something

3 hit is referencing a build that goes to 1000TP+ with WS and 2hits, is that what you mean or not?

Also xhit on SAM is very hard to plan for, because you should take advantage of Zanshin-Hasso proc (Zanhasso) with fully merited Ikishoten. One zanhasso round is actually enough to put you way above 1000TP after WS.
By ruckusMonster 2023-12-15 12:28:41  
SimonSes said: »
ruckusMonster said: »

3 hit is referencing a build that goes to 1000TP+ with WS and 2hits, is that what you mean or not?

Also xhit on SAM is very hard to plan for, because you should take advantage of Zanshin-Hasso proc (Zanhasso) with fully merited Ikishoten. One zanhasso round is actually enough to put you way above 1000TP after WS.

On the Community Samurai Guide on BG Wiki, here: https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Community_Samurai_Guide#TP_Sets

There is a "Sortie" TP set about 2/3 the way down the page. It says in the notes for it both "If you do not have Kasuga Earring +2 you MUST make up the STP loss elsewhere via Chirich Ring +1, Dedition Earring, etc." and it says "A +8 Samurai Roll will grant a 3 hit"

Which makes me think there is a specific, but different number of STP I should be aiming for with Doji, since the TP gear is based around Masa. Is this information true from the community guide true or am I missing something?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-15 13:37:22  
I think most people have stepped away from x-hit builds because many factors render them useless/less effective.

If your X-hit is based on a lucky or 11 roll, then you'll be under if your COR doesn't roll as well. If you're not based on lucky or 11, then when you get those things you'll be over. Same thing applies if you considered Crooked Cards on that roll.

Then, if you proc a Zanshin hit, triple attack, or quad attack, you'll be over.

Plus, as was stated above, going at 1000 or 1100 TP isn't that important since you get better WSD from going to 1500 or 1700.
[+]
By Taint 2023-12-15 13:40:57  
Exactly, SAM TPs so fast there is little reason for a firm Xhit.
By ruckusMonster 2023-12-15 14:38:40  
Sounds good. I will aim for "as much STP as possible but not breaking my back for a certain number"

Thanks, all!
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-12-15 14:44:56  
I don't think an x-hit that rely's on 8+ sam roll is too restrictive in terms of build. A 7 or 8 is going to be a minimum expectation from sam roll imo.

I rarely worry about my TP build specifically as a sam though. When Zanshin procs, I'm going straight from 200 to 2000+ TP it seems like.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-01-25 13:22:23  
Is it ever worth using Nyame Mail(B-R30) over Sakonji Domaru +3 when Overwhelm is activating? It seems like the trade off is:

Mail:
+3 WSD
+3 STR
+7 DA
SC Bonus (irrelevant since gifts, mpaca helm R30, and any piece of nyame cap it)

Sakonji:
+5 attack
+7 acc
+62 straight tp on next ws(masa)

I'm seeing around a 3-4% gain in damage from 62 added TP on most WS, while the relative gain of 3 WSD is being reduced to around 1.6-1.8% in most cases. So, at a glance, it seems like the Sakonji Domaru +3 should effectively always be better(obviously the bonus damage is deferred to next WS). Am I missing something?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-25 13:45:52  
MAB for hybrids, and double-dipping the WSD for hybrids. For physical WS that's probably right, though IDK how many people are going to have another toggle for when they're overwhelming vs not.

Also DT in the WS set (depending what your other DT in the set is, and what you're fighting)
[+]
By Taint 2024-01-25 13:46:42  
I stopped using it personally. I'm almost always /drg on relevant content and trying not to be in the face of the mob.

DA is also nice with the 95% hit rate.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-01-25 13:52:36  
I wasn't going to toggle, was going to write a function to check automatically. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious, since it doesn't seem to be featured in any of the guides besides a brief mention of using it when it effects xhit.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-25 14:22:24  
I use it in places like Sheol but I don't bother otherwise since I don't know how to make a positional rule in gearswap. Honestly have considered just storing it since the extra inventory slot being used up is dubious to me.
[+]
 Sylph.Pve
サーバ: Sylph
user: zsky
By Sylph.Pve 2024-01-30 17:56:55  
Quick question about subtle blow for SAM.

Am I supposed to be wearing as much SB as possible during WS or do we generally go all out with WS sets?

I am using Fusenaikyo path B and the SB sets from Bippen's guide.

I tried searching for this answer and wasn't able to find, thanks in advance!
By SimonSes 2024-01-30 18:08:15  
Sylph.Pve said: »
Quick question about subtle blow for SAM.

Am I supposed to be wearing as much SB as possible during WS or do we generally go all out with WS sets?

I am using Fusenaikyo path B and the SB sets from Bippen's guide.

I tried searching for this answer and wasn't able to find, thanks in advance!

It depends..

What content? Do you want to avoid TP moves at all cost, or just want to slow them down?
 Sylph.Pve
By Sylph.Pve 2024-01-30 18:14:07  
I am attempting to do 8 bosses with SAM using SMN that's been talked about recently in the Sortie threads.

I've done MNK + SMN mewing lowman setups for other content for many years but my first time trying it on SAM so trying to understand the differences, especially when it involves Sortie bosses.
By SimonSes 2024-01-30 18:43:08  
I am attempting to do 8 bosses with SAM using SMN that's been talked about recently in the Sortie threads.

I've done MNK + SMN mewing lowman setups for many years but my first time trying it on SAM so trying to understand the differences.

You go all out on WS. You should have Auspice from WHM covering lots of Subtle blow on WS too. For this strategy it's not really that important for no TP move at all to go through, since they don't really have that powerful tp move.

That being said, I think it might be very hard to kill Gartell with Fusenaikyo path B. Idk if Yuykizake > Shoha > Fudo will be fast enough, but maybe.

Also you should Yaegasumi + Asylum on Aita and Gartell and follow with Perfect Defense. On Darthok and Triboulex it's more about stunning them with Shock/Volt, than avoiding TP moves with Mewing.

Overall I think avoiding TP move there is more of a bonus and just making them less frequent is enough.
 Sylph.Pve
By Sylph.Pve 2024-01-30 19:07:04  
Thanks for the tips! I was also thinking of going all out with SP's for Aita / Gartell, not sure if SAM has the dps check compared to WAR.

SimonSes said: »

That being said, I think it might be very hard to kill Gartell with Fusenaikyo path B. Idk if Yuykizake > Shoha > Fudo will be fast enough, but maybe.

Also you should Yaegasumi + Asylum on Aita and Gartell and follow with Perfect Defense. On Darthok and Triboulex it's more about stunning them with Shock/Volt, than avoiding TP moves with Mewing.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Gartell absorb Light skillchains?
By SimonSes 2024-01-30 19:23:54  
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Gartell absorb Light skillchains?

Yeah it absorbs wind or thunder, so Light sc will always heal it.

My mistake on that SC. It would be just compression > nothing. I forgot Induration > Compression is Compression, so only way to do Gravitation > Darkness with Fusenaikyo path B is Jinpu > Kasha/Shoha/Ageha > Fudo, which normally wouldn't be that bad, but for Gartell it is, because Jinpu will either do almost nothing or will get absorbed. That's why normally Gartell is done with Prime GKT with Mumei > Mumei > Fudo.

You could maybe try Impulse Drive (with Shining One) <> Fudo. That would be quite strong, but would require changing weapons.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2024-01-30 19:46:41  
I'm late.
Why fudo? Why not three Mumei
 Sylph.Pve
By Sylph.Pve 2024-01-30 19:54:14  
Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
I'm late.

WS wall from basement bosses, I assume
 Asura.Dexprozius
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-01-30 19:56:20  
Both close Darkness
Mixing weaponskills lowers the damage reduction from the WS wall

Also maybe Fudo is just stronger?
By Taint 2024-01-30 20:12:17  
Mumei is a good chunk stronger than Fudo. Its all about the WS wall. You pretty much need Prime GKT to do the solo SAM 8/8.
[+]
By SimonSes 2024-01-31 02:50:40  
Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
I'm late.

afaik WS wall for repeated WS is:
-10%
-25%
-40%
-60%
-85%

So doing 2 Mumei in a row is still worth it, but third would most likely be weaker than Fudo. That's for the first skillchain too. Doing another 3x Mumei would be seriously gimped. If you make Fudo to close that 3 step Darkness, you will reset WS wall for Mumei, so you will only encounter -10% on the second one.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 153 154 155