Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 153 154 155
 Shiva.Tedril
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-05 07:42:35  
Remora.Brain said: »
These were on zergs too, We were SAM, DRK, and DRK and rotated in BRD, COR, SMN, and SCH buffs. We've had runs were as much as 22% of the total damage was from SCs.
About what I calculated...

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Just finished steamrolling tons of 6-man delve Tojils and even a Shark. Combinations of MNK, DRK, RUN and BLU and the highest we had was 4.8% SC damage, typically was under 2%.
But did you try to SC?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-05 08:04:54  
It's not even a matter of TRYING to SC or not, simply using compatible WS results in a lot of additional SC damage.

It's just a matter of deciding whether that SC damage outweighs the dmg you MAY lose by using the situationally most powerful WS.

I think Saevel has the idea of using Hurculean Slash instead of Resolution or having /wait macros to time SC's, and nobody is honestly suggesting that.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-04-05 08:39:01  
Jassik, other then SAM, no other jobs have reasonable alternative ws's. You do not try to SC, you blast TP immediately at 100 because you are getting it so fast that by waiting a few seconds to "try to SC" you end up wasting 33~50 TP which is several thousand damage depending. If the melees involved just happen to have compatible ws's then great, otherwise its not even a part of the fight strategy.

People are, quite literally, suggesting DRKs use Torcleaver instead of Resolution in buffed fights. To have the DRG use CT or Gerk instead if DB or SD. Have the BLU use CDC instead of Req. All on the hopes that random SCs formed throughout the battle would not only make up for the lost damage but provide a net positive increase.

My answer to that is no it won't. In high haste situations with three or more melee the TP accumulation is such that the probability of random SCs happening is low due to the timing windows involved and each melee having different accumulation rates. Further once lag is taken into account you actually need to anticipate 100tp and have your command registered right as you hit it. This makes using different ws's based on what the last guy did highly inefficient as you will end up wsing one round late.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-05 08:44:23  
Jassik, other then SAM, no other jobs have reasonable alternative ws's. You do not try to SC, you blast TP immediately at 100 because you are getting it so fast that by waiting a few seconds to "try to SC" you end up wasting 33~50 TP which is several thousand damage depending. If the melees involved just happen to have compatible ws's then great, otherwise its not even a part of the fight strategy.

People are, quite literally, suggesting DRKs use Torcleaver instead of Resolution in buffed fights. To have the DRG use CT or Gerk instead if DB or SD. Have the BLU use CDC instead of Req. All on the hopes that random SCs formed throughout the battle would not only make up for the lost damage but provide a net positive increase.

My answer to that is no it won't. In high haste situations with three or more melee the TP accumulation is such that the probability of random SCs happening is low due to the timing windows involved and each melee having different accumulation rates. Further once lag is taken into account you actually need to anticipate 100tp and have your command registered right as you hit it. This makes using different ws's based on what the last guy did highly inefficient as you will end up wsing one round late.

Nobody is suggesting DRK using anything but Resolution or really any other job use a weak WS, this is the SAM guide, they're suggesting SAM use one of it's many WS with complimentary SC properties in order to create skillchains with other jobs.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-04-05 11:23:17  
Anybody have a good Apex build for SAM?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-05 11:42:21  
More or less what I'm using for it...

Acc capped
ItemSet 320553

Some combo of this and the acc/capped set depending on how much acc you need
ItemSet 321954

I haven't seen any top sets for Apex since Yoichi update, so I can't vouch for this being optimal, but it's mostly what I use and is fairly easy to come by.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-04-05 15:14:23  

Actually they were suggesting using weaker WS's to become more "compatible" back at the beginning of the argument with the argument being that SC's will do so much more damage "up to 30%!". This also applies to SAM, especially to SAM considering it has access to ranged WS's to go with Fudo/Kaiten and Shoha. On something like Tojil/Bee/Shark would you want to use a weaker WS on the hopes that you might accidentally SC off one of the other melees? Or would you just be firing off the strongest WS you have as often as you can? The only two WSs that are "complimentary" are Kaiten / Fudo, the moment your using a Tsuru / Yochi it all changes, especially if the target has a specific weakness.

My position is that in a haste capped group of three or more melee's, no concessions should be made for SCing as they don't happen often enough to justify losing the damage in the first place. Focus should be on putting out the most powerful WS's at the highest frequency possible as that's guaranteed damage that doesn't rely on others not Wsing within 2s of each other or using weaker WS's that have an L3 light property.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-04-05 15:26:04  
You might have a stronger argument when the example you provide doesn't have trash like BLU RUN MNK DRK on the topic of skillchaining.
Please, continue to rehash the same thing you said over and over. It's working well to convince others.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-04-05 15:49:02  
Might have a stronger argument if you weren't still beading Shark runs.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-05 18:09:48  
Soooo............

For T4 Yorica, I've been using this set to tp:

ItemSet 321963

with Squid +1 my hit rate is excellent, but was curious if anyone has a better set that wouldn't require the need for sushi?

I also have Miki. and Xaddi R15s bodies, and could use Beeline instead of Rajas. But I like to have some mix of acc and stp.

Also, would Umuthi be better than Buremte hands? I have both at my disposal.

Suggestions?
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-04-05 18:25:49  
18% haste? or is that not the correct set?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-05 18:41:24  
Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
18% haste? or is that not the correct set?

looks like a MAX accuracy set, not an actual TP set.

In an ACC build, x-hit goes out the window for SAM, generally, scrap the STP and focus on haste. Unkai Haidate +2, Dynamic Belt +1, etc. If you need sushi with half that accuracy, you're better off making a real hybrid set and keeping the sushi.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-05 18:45:51  

I would rather suggest there be no drks or blus in the run personally... and if there is blu's then CDC vs Req with the right setup would not be a major loss, in fact they would be doing much damage and if they are opening for sams then well that would double the sams damage...
 Bismarck.Keityan
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-04-05 19:06:12  
What I'm using:
ItemSet 321231
(Path B Legs: HP+45, Acc+15, PDT-3%)
Should be able to cap with Anguinus Belt in Ionis Zones but I'm only 90% sure it caps.

Here's more info:
Burmete Gloves vs Wakido Kote +1

So you must wonder... +20 acc or +2 Hasso? It turns out that it's a lot closer than you think. This is because the last 2% JA haste that Wakido +1 gives you is equivalent to about 10% damage. Losing 20 accuracy is about the same as losing the last 2% JA haste you need to cap:

80% Reduction = (100/20) =5x Faster than base
78% Reduction = (100/22) =4.54x Faster than base

How many hits different are they? 4.54x/5x = .908. Losing 2% haste is tantamount to 10% parsing damage. 10% accuracy loss is 10% parsing damage.

Conclusion: Use Wakido Kote +1 because +20acc = last 2% JA haste.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-05 19:14:11  
Bismarck.Keityan said: »
What I'm using:
ItemSet 321231
Should be able to cap with Anguinus Belt in Ionis Zones but I'm only 90% sure it caps.

Here's more info:

So you must wonder... +20 acc or +2 Hasso? It turns out that it's a lot closer than you think. This is because the last 2% JA haste that Wakido +1 gives you is equivalent to about 10% damage. Losing 20 accuracy is about the same as losing the last 2% JA haste you need to cap:

How many hits different are they? 4.54x/5x = .908. Losing 2% haste is tantamount to 10% parsing damage. 10% accuracy loss is 10% parsing damage.

Conclusion: Use Wakido Kote +1 unless your accuracy boost is >+20 acc.
Is this food and buffs? don't know how sam is, but in yorcia I cap after everything with a mid acc set.
 Sylph.Rafaras
サーバ: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-04-05 19:24:42  
What I'm using:
ItemSet 321231

Here's more info:

Conclusion: Use Wakido Kote +1 because +20acc = last 2% JA haste.

What path did you do on those Legs Kei?
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-04-07 13:43:54  
Got stats from BG: http://bg-wiki.com/bg/April_2014_Version_Update_Changes

Hangaku-No-Yumi: DMG:251 Delay:600 Ranged Accuracy+15 Ranged Attack+25 Archery skill +242 "True Shot"+1 "TP Bonus"+1000

I'm almost certain that, with TP-Bonus +100 that this bow will beat Namas(yoichi) with Apex(new bow) in uncapped attack situations. However, we won't know until we know exactly how Apex arrow scales in terms of "Ignore Defense". At the moment, Motenten's sheets caps it out at 10% at 100% TP.
-----
Scuffler's Cosciales: DEF:123 HP+50 STR+33 VIT+24 AGI+15 INT+26 MND+16 CHR+12 Attack+28 Evasion+22 Magic Evasion+75 "Magic Def. Bonus"+3 Haste+5% "Double Attack"+2% Breath damage taken -8%

Good pair of nice pants! Would use for WS, unsure for TP.
------
Kurikaranotachi:DMG:251 Delay:450 Great Katana skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 Enmity-10 "Zanshin"+5 Zanshin: Chance to occasionally attack twice +5%

It looks ok for a 4-hit Lentus-build, Non-Ionis, no SAM roll g.kat. Side-grade to everything else that exists non R/E/M.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-04-07 13:58:57  
Not a fan of the lack of STP on Scuffler's, but certainly the strongest for GK WS stat-wise.
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-07 14:03:33  
Kurikaranotachi:DMG:251 Delay:450 Great Katana skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 Enmity-10 "Zanshin"+5 Zanshin: Chance to occasionally attack twice +5%
I'm curious about the bonus effect.

Does that mean you'll have a chance for Double Attack even when in Seigan? I'd presume they didn't simply give it Zanshin +20 as that would allow a job ability that doesn't proc all that often, anyhow, to seem somehow more useful? Or is it implying a doubled Zanshin Double Attack, i.e., a Zanshin Triple Attack? I'll be curious to see if it can break the 25% Zanshin Double Attack/Counter cap.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-07 14:06:39  
Shiva.Onorgul said: »

Does that mean you'll have a chance for Double Attack even when in Seigan? I'd presume they didn't simply give it Zanshin +20 as that would allow a job ability that doesn't proc all that often, anyhow, to seem somehow more useful? Or is it implying a doubled Zanshin Double Attack, i.e., a Zanshin Triple Attack? I'll be curious to see if it can break the 25% Zanshin Double Attack/Counter cap.

I would assume it works the same way as the Kikugosaku from Orthrus, in which a Zanshin attack then has a % chance to attack twice, however, should both attacks land, they will both generate TP based on your Ikitoshen merits. A ZanHasso DA with Kikugosaku would yield like 150TP depending on your STP.
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-04-07 14:14:20  
Shiva.Onorgul said: »

Zanshin+5: Should just add to the base Zanshin we have. This would also mean it would give us another ~1 Zanhasso.

Zanshin: Chance to occasionally attack twice +5%: After a Zanshin procs, either by Zanhasso or a Missed-Hit-Zanshin, the subsequent hit would double attack instead of a single attack 5% of the time. For the double attack to happen in Seigan, it has to be a Missed-Hit-Zanshin.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-04-07 17:50:02  
Hangaku-No-Yumi: DMG:251 Delay:600 Ranged Accuracy+15 Ranged Attack+25 Archery skill +242 "True Shot"+1 "TP Bonus"+1000

I wonder if this is good enough to make apex beat koga shoha under uncapped attack situation; and if we can make up for the no acc bonus on ws for thing that matters!

I assume ignore defense is something like 20% at 200 tp; maybe I'll run number later if no one else does it before me.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-07 19:13:55  
So, it would seem that Cibi is now the best bow for SAM if you don't plan on using a bow, lol... There's 10M down the drain.
 Leviathan.Frotaut
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Frotaut2
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2014-04-07 19:17:28  
Just finished cib before logout......
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-04-07 19:32:30  
From a very quick look into it, new bose lose to koga am3 shoha under uncapped attack situation but beat tsuru shoha; maybe I'll look more into it later, also I assumed 20% ignore defense.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-07 19:37:41  
Asura.Ccl said: »
From a very quick look into it, new bose lose to koga am3 shoha under uncapped attack situation but beat tsuru shoha; maybe I'll look more into it later, also I assumed 20% ignore defense.

Koga is still pretty rare, but it's safe to say that unless you can't get decent R.Acc, Apex is the new WS to spam on anything that doesn't have special damage resistances.

I've found that unless you have nothing but bowSAMs or RNG's in party, good luck getting a BRD to give you decent ranged songs.
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-04-07 23:35:45  

Got bow today. True shot +1 is 1% damage in True pummeling range (which would would probably affect us(SAMs) the least). Link.

Had to test because Sylvan Legs are (+2%) even if they list True Shot +1.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-07 23:56:39  

Got bow today. True shot +1 is 1% damage in True pummeling range (which would would probably affect us(SAMs) the least). Link.

Had to test because Sylvan Legs are (+2%) even if they list True Shot +1.

Where does it come from?
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-04-07 23:59:43  
Odin.Jassik said: »
Where does it come from?

Came from Tenzen v2. SAM RNG PLD SCH COR BRD was an easy win on normal.

Also had to make sure that the TP Bonus +100 works only on bow. It works like that for every other weapon with a TP bonus so if anything, it was just wishful thinking. (Works only on bow)

Need ccl to test the defense down effect :p
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 153 154 155