New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 262 263 264
By Nyruul 2014-12-17 07:54:38  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Nyruul said: »
Edit: I'm sure you can afford it with that lucrative dynamis income you got going on.

No thanks. The difference between Sandung and an alternate weapon is smaller than the difference between the Patentia sash and the next best belt.

Its a belt... Not a weapon... and you can take it off after the first hit... then you can tp in your fancy dps belt! Seriously all you have to do is admit you're wrong, wear this set while cheering us all on while we get the belt for you. Consider it charity.

charlo999 said: »
Fact is they all can't do the maths.
All they can do is use spreadsheets and post images to try and make themselves feel better.

You too!

ItemSet 331663
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 07:57:46  
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
A % increase to RATE is incomparable to a % increase in available drops. It's better to kill MORE with a REASONABLE TH than to kill LESS with a PERFECT TH.

How many more gears can I kill per run if I don't use the Sandung?

While I cannot divulge this information, you can kill up to 300 gears in a single salvage run. Maybe more if you're talented.
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-12-17 08:01:40  
That's pretty cute.

All you're really doing is repeating yourself now, which is not how you argue. If you want to ignore the benefits of TH9-10, then so be it, but at the very least you need to acknowledge that you're ignoring it.

And considering how my personal group that I put together and lead was selling delve gear before they jacked up all the delve weapons and nerfed it to kingdom come so fellow adventurers like you could clear it, please excuse me if I'm not impressed that you're selling delve gear now.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-12-17 08:03:16  
While I cannot devulge this information, you can kill up to 300 gears in a single salvage run. Maybe more if you're talented.

The key word was 'more'.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 08:06:45  
That's pretty cute.

All you're really doing is repeating yourself now, which is not how you argue. If you want to ignore the benefits of TH9-10, then so be it, but at the very least you need to acknowledge that you're ignoring it.

And considering how my personal group that I put together and lead was selling delve gear before they jacked up all the delve weapons and nerfed it to kingdom come so fellow adventurers like you could clear it, please excuse me if I'm not impressed that you're selling delve gear now.

It's a disgusting habit to make money off others misfortune. That's literally exploitation. (not that we aren't all guilty of it). It's not something to brag about.

People who aren't good enough to win delve shouldn't be paying other people to win it for them. (or anything for the matter). I've said this since the beginning, and I'll always say it.

It's different to pay for things you simply want and are just to lazy/unlucky to get. Time vs Money. But exploiting the ones who should be getting their own wins and learning how to play is just wrong.

It is LITERALLY your fault there is such a skill and knowledge disparity amongst the player base.
[+]
By Nyruul 2014-12-17 08:15:29  
That's pretty cute.

lol you shouldn't assume. I'm messing with you about the belt, relax. Repeating myself? Give up about the TH and listen to Valli. If you kill more mobs you have more opportunity for drops. Stop argueing against it, your wrong, get over it.

RECAP

SOOOOO~~~~~~~

Killing faster is kind of like added TH!!!

If your only supporter is arguing about TP build in the equation for killing fodder like Dynamis mobs then obviously you guys aren't doing jack for kill speed to begin with and you aren't even worthy of a Sandung. Edit: We've reached a new low someone get james cameron in here.

/thread
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-12-17 08:15:41  
Gasp, opened my eyes. brbsudoku'ing
By charlo999 2014-12-17 08:19:48  
Still waiting for the math data to prove your point.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 08:22:14  

I don't use a Sandung, I get more coins than you, no math required. You wouldn't understand it even if it were stapled to your forehead.

Better is Better.

More math than you'll ever need:
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/63785-Drop-Rate-Analysis-and-Treasure-Hunter
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-12-17 08:22:22  
lol you shouldn't assume. I'm messing with you about the belt, relax. Repeating myself? Give up about the TH and listen to Valli. If you kill more mobs you have more opportunity for drops. Stop argueing against it, your wrong, get over it.

No, seriously, get off his ***.

And no, slightly more dps doesn't necessarily mean a higher kill speed. My comment about relying on spreadsheet and not in-game experience in the whm thread, that clearly went over your head, was made exactly for this reason in mind.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-12-17 08:23:16  

I don't use a Sandung, I get more coins than you, no math required. You wouldn't understand it even if it were stapled to your forehead.

Better is Better.

I'm rather convinced that he doesn't know the math.

You don't need a Sandung to multiple numbers together.

And your 800 coin run was from either exploiting a glitch that was recently fixed or you know some massive secret no one else does. No one legitimately believes you can get 800 coins/run solo.
By charlo999 2014-12-17 08:24:24  

Better is Better.

Then why spreadsheet in the first place.
We should just do away with maths and all just strive to be as good a player as you. That's good advise on game mechanics.
By Nyruul 2014-12-17 08:27:56  
Since we are on the same server we could always have you and Valli farm the same mobs in the same spot for 15 mins each and see who gets the most drops. Would have to find mobs that respawn fast enough... for Valli lol.

Field Test >>>> Maffsss
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 08:27:58  
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/34755/thf-in-todays-ffxi
Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Followup on the TH effect post I made earlier in this thread.

Did another THMode=None run last night to add to the previous run's data. Also went back and tried to do a more careful analysis of the previous runs' data, controlling mob count and coin drops more carefully (eg: making sure the mob count excluded kills during TE fights, or kills made by other parties, and making sure the coin counts excluded coins dropped from mobs outside the designated cycle, etc). I end up with the following results (along with number of mobs killed each run, to *** margin of error):

TH3 samples:
202 mobs, 2.86 coins per mob
190 mobs, 2.84 coins per mob

TH6 samples:
206 mobs, 2.88 coins per mob
193 mobs, 2.96 coins per mob
206 mobs, 2.97 coins per mob
202 mobs, 2.93 coins per mob

These runs all maintained a similar focus on procs (had other runs that focused on kill speed instead, but party structure was also a lot different, so not really comparable), as well as the same party setups (all thf/sam/mnk, though in a couple cases I did mnk while the other mnk did thf).

So I was mistaken in the estimations I provided in my original post. I was most likely remembering the quick estimates I do at the end of each run, which are subject to the flaws I corrected for here.

As a very rough estimate, it appears going from TH3/4 to TH6 raises coin drop rates from approximately 2.85 per mob to 2.95 per mob, or about a 3.5% relative increase.

Using a simplified drop rate model on the 4 coin slots, 2.85 coins per mob is a 71.25% chance per coin while 2.95 coins per mob is a 73.75% chance per coin, giving a 2.5% absolute increase. I would not be at all surprised if the actual rates were 70% for TH2 (or maybe TH3), and +1% per additional point of TH.

Regardless, TH6 does seem to be having at least a small impact on drop rates; technically still well within the margin of error, but game results tend to be fairly stable once you get more than a few hundred samples. Since there's no penalty in using TH gear in tagging actions, might as well keep it in place there.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 08:31:58  
It's better to kill an entirely NEW mob, for a whole 2 coins, than it is to get higher TH on the same mob for a 1/10th of a coin.

This is why we don't sit and try to proc the same mob that won't proc for 5 minutes, instead of just killing it with no proc.

Kill speed trumps TH (and proc). it's a sliding scale.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-17 08:34:00  
It's better to kill an entirely NEW mob, for a whole 2 coins, than it is to get higher TH on the same mob for a 1/10th of a coin.
The way you word it makes it sound like people are sitting there trying to stack TH, don't think anyone does that, hit it in TH gear while attempting to proc it, when it procs, kill.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 08:35:37  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
The way you word it makes it sound like people are sitting there trying to stack TH, don't think anyone does that, hit it in TH gear while attempting to proc it, when it procs, kill.

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THEY'RE DOING. They're arguing that they are PURPOSELY stacking more TH. By use of a Sandung.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-12-17 08:36:04  
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/34755/thf-in-todays-ffxi
Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Followup on the TH effect post I made earlier in this thread.

Did another THMode=None run last night to add to the previous run's data. Also went back and tried to do a more careful analysis of the previous runs' data, controlling mob count and coin drops more carefully (eg: making sure the mob count excluded kills during TE fights, or kills made by other parties, and making sure the coin counts excluded coins dropped from mobs outside the designated cycle, etc). I end up with the following results (along with number of mobs killed each run, to *** margin of error):

TH3 samples:
202 mobs, 2.86 coins per mob
190 mobs, 2.84 coins per mob

TH6 samples:
206 mobs, 2.88 coins per mob
193 mobs, 2.96 coins per mob
206 mobs, 2.97 coins per mob
202 mobs, 2.93 coins per mob

These runs all maintained a similar focus on procs (had other runs that focused on kill speed instead, but party structure was also a lot different, so not really comparable), as well as the same party setups (all thf/sam/mnk, though in a couple cases I did mnk while the other mnk did thf).

So I was mistaken in the estimations I provided in my original post. I was most likely remembering the quick estimates I do at the end of each run, which are subject to the flaws I corrected for here.

As a very rough estimate, it appears going from TH3/4 to TH6 raises coin drop rates from approximately 2.85 per mob to 2.95 per mob, or about a 3.5% relative increase.

Using a simplified drop rate model on the 4 coin slots, 2.85 coins per mob is a 71.25% chance per coin while 2.95 coins per mob is a 73.75% chance per coin, giving a 2.5% absolute increase. I would not be at all surprised if the actual rates were 70% for TH2 (or maybe TH3), and +1% per additional point of TH.

Regardless, TH6 does seem to be having at least a small impact on drop rates; technically still well within the margin of error, but game results tend to be fairly stable once you get more than a few hundred samples. Since there's no penalty in using TH gear in tagging actions, might as well keep it in place there.

So that's about 20-30 extra coins per run. Good to know.

Have you even played thf? Did someone give you your account? You sound like you've never played the job before in your life.
[+]
By Nyruul 2014-12-17 08:38:51  

Did you even go to grade school?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 08:43:17  
No amount of post-its, staples, and hammers can beat any sense into these people.

There is no cure for stupid. In the words of Ron White:
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-12-17 08:43:29  

Did you even go to grade school?

My mistake.

Last dyna, I killed about 400 mobs. The difference between 2.935 and 2.85 is .085.

400 x .085 is 34; so it's really a difference of 30-40 coins.
By Nyruul 2014-12-17 08:44:10  
THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THEY'RE DOING. They're arguing that they are PURPOSELY stacking more TH. By use of a Sandung.

Never mind saying they don't swap out of TH gear and trying to argue that the DPS is =
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-12-17 08:44:33  
No amount of post-its, staples, and hammers can beat any sense into these people.

There is no cure for stupid. In the words of Ron White:

Do you realize that posting your version of reality and calling people who don't agree with you stupid are literally the only things you do as far as this argument goes?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 08:45:11  
Now kill appropriately and get 430 mobs for an additional 60+ coins. And that's lowballin' it.

I know it's mean to call someone stupid, but when it's this glaringly obvious, you have to call an apple an apple.
By Nyruul 2014-12-17 08:47:40  

Never mind saying they don't swap out of TH gear and trying to argue that the DPS is =

Also apparently their DPS is so bad they are arguing about attack rounds... ON DYNAMIS FODDER.

It's 2014 guys
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-12-17 08:50:56  
Now kill appropriately and get 430 mobs for an additional 60+ coins. And that's lowballin' it.

I know it's mean to call someone stupid, but when it's this glaringly obvious, you have to call an apple an apple.

You're not going to kill 430 mobs by swapping out a weapon with a miniscule amount of dps difference.

Either you're trying way too hard to be correct that you're ignoring actual in-game experience to push your point, or you don't have in-game experience necessary for this discussion.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-17 08:51:06  

That sounds like something I said but I never said the DPS was equal, more that the difference is negligible, I could see maybe finishing off a staggered mob an attack round quicker every now and again, how many extra mobs that adds up to I don't know.

Fact is, most situations, by the time you've proced the mob it's either almost dead or you have or will shortly have the TP to WS and kill it, only very rarely will you be staring at a staggered mob with most of it's HP and no TP for WS.
 Lakshmi.Yumeara
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Yumeara
By Lakshmi.Yumeara 2014-12-17 08:52:19  
Can anyone tell me if Atoyac should be augmented with +crit% or +ws% for Rudra's? Thanks in advance!
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-12-17 08:52:34  

Also apparently their DPS is so bad they are arguing about attack rounds... ON DYNAMIS FODDER.

It's 2014 guys

Literally everyone here is talking about dynamis.

It's been over an hour and you haven't realized that the discussion on the use of the Sandung are restricted solely on dynamis and salvage, and you're still wondering why people are talking about dynamis.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-17 08:54:28  
Lakshmi.Yumeara said: »
Can anyone tell me if Atoyac should be augmented with +crit% or +ws% for Rudra's? Thanks in advance!
+ws% so it affects your unstacked Rudra's as well as the stacked ones.
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 262 263 264