言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 262 263 264
By Nyruul 2014-12-17 08:58:25  
How many coins do you get a run on average Ihina?

Edit:

How many coins a run do you get on average Valli?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 09:00:57  
This whole last 10 pages is exactly why they need to nerf rudras.

Everyone needs to just go back to SAM and BLU and hop on over to their thread, and give them this headache.

Let the couple lolthfs who love their sanDUNG aka:(***). Be happy in their ignorance, they're only hurting themselves.

The only problem I have with it is ignorance is contagious. If one person has it, it spreads, like cancer.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 09:02:24  
Nyruul said: »
How many coins do you get a run on average Ihina?

Edit:

How many coins a run do you get on average Valli?

It's not a fair comparison, you'd have to convince the person (with the sandung) to do a run without it and compare.

Me vs him is clearly always me. (not just because of skill, but unmentionables.)

I can say undeniably I get more coins/ more alex on my WORST run than on his BEST runs.
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-12-17 09:04:28  
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
unmentionables

I guess that seals it. You shouldn't brag about your 800 coin runs if you obtained it illegitimately.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 09:05:46  
Not to go off on THIS tangent, but illegitimate is the new standard.

It doesn't matter WHAT you cheat WITH, cheating is cheating REGARDLESS. If you windower, you're cheating. Step it up a notch.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-17 09:06:30  
I still don't see what issue you have with Sandung, I don't think anyone is suggesting it's on par with a properly augmented Atoyac but if you want to cap TH, it's not that far behind.

I suppose your argument is that by using an Atoyac instead of a Sandung in Dynamis for example, you'd gain more currency by more mobs killed than the occasional additional coin drop from the additional TH from Sandung.

Again I take it this assumes TH7, as if you had all the TH armour, there would be no reason to use Sandung.

Hell I'd be willing to try with an Atoyac instead of a Sandung, I know what my average is, would be interesting to see.
By Nyruul 2014-12-17 09:08:34  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
I guess that seals it. You shouldn't brag about your 800 coin runs if you obtained it illegitimately.

If I'm going to dynamis and doing more than farming an AF drop or clearing a trial AUG legitimacy is the last thing I'm going to care about because screw 2 hours of mindlessness.

But I guess that fits you.
By charlo999 2014-12-17 09:08:46  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
It's better to kill an entirely NEW mob, for a whole 2 coins, than it is to get higher TH on the same mob for a 1/10th of a coin.
The way you word it makes it sound like people are sitting there trying to stack TH, don't think anyone does that, hit it in TH gear while attempting to proc it, when it procs, kill.

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THEY'RE DOING. They're arguing that they are PURPOSELY stacking more TH. By use of a Sandung.

Lol then you haven't understood a word we've said.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 09:09:11  
it's not that far behind.

In a game where people will pay 150,000,000 gil for Crit damage +1. or 500,000,000 for WSD +1%

"THAT FAR BEHIND" may as well not even exist.

Hell I'd be willing to try with an Atoyac instead of a Sandung, I know what my average is, would be interesting to see.

You should absolutely do that. Seriously.
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-12-17 09:10:23  

More or less. I use windower, hell some of the addons you're using were probably written by me, so I'm no one to judge.

So, Nyruul, I take it you also indulge in these 'unmentionables'?

Well, whatever, gn.
By Nyruul 2014-12-17 09:22:38  

More or less. I use windower, hell some of the addons you're using were probably written by me, so I'm no one to judge.

Yeah I use a couple of your addons, thanks for that!

So, Nyruul, I take it you also indulge in these 'unmentionables'?

Sure
By charlo999 2014-12-17 09:24:15  

No ones suggesting that. We are debating main handing sand/atoyac and being able to full time dw belt, over izi/atoyac in dynamis,and that the latter offers no increase in killspeed but the formor offers a very small boost in raising TH all the time, by having 1 extra TH on.
But they are saying spreadsheet says dps is more so killspeed is faster. Without delving into the actual maths involved in killing mobs with 7k hp.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-17 09:25:44  
The only thing I question is when you act like gaining 800 coins is standard when you use 3rd party tools most people don't use. I have no problem with people using said tools, it's just a bit odd to make it seem like you're getting an attainable level of currency compared to the average user who doesn't use these certain 3rd party tools.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-17 09:27:04  
charlo999 said: »

No ones suggesting that. We are debating main handing sand/atoyac and being able to full time dw belt, over izi/atoyac in dynamis,and that the latter offers no increase in killspeed but the for or offers a very small boost in raising TH all the time, by having 1 extra TH on.
But they are saying spreadsheet says dps is more so killspeed is faster. Without delving into the actual maths involved in killing mobs with 7k hp.
I was never advocating main handing a Sandung, who the hell main hands a Sandung?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 09:31:19  
The only thing I question is when you act like gaining 800 coins is standard when you use 3rd party tools most people don't use. I have no problem with people using said tools, it's just a bit odd to make it seem like you're getting an attainable level of currency compared to the average user who doesn't use these certain 3rd party tools.

That's not what I said, I said this:
It's not a fair comparison, you'd have to convince the person (with the sandung) to do a run without it and compare.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 09:32:21  
who the hell main hands a Sandung?

........ Some people mainhand a Sandung.... you see the problem yet?

If chaarlo mainhands the sandung, then, holy ***.

The discussion at hand was offhanding a sandung.....
By charlo999 2014-12-17 09:38:01  
Um because you would never drop the oat atoyac that's why. So you would main hand a 97D weapon and sub sandung?
Also as if I need to repeat this but it seems I do.
This is for dynamis.

Nice try

Do you need me to quote previous posts?
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2014-12-17 09:42:35  
I get 700 and i play on xbox with the controller on my knee playing with 1 hand whilst i write a novel with the other.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-12-17 09:45:37  

That's literally exploitation.

lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 09:47:25  
charlo999 said: »
Um because you would never drop the oat atoyac that's why. So you would main hand a 97D weapon and sub sandung?
Also as if I need to repeat this but it seems I do.
This is for dynamis.

Nice try

Do you need me to quote previous posts?

I'll be honest I ignored you after the first post you made basically. If you were arguing to use it as the main hand...

KILL IT WITH FIRE, PLEASE.

I said NEVER USE SANDUNG EVER. Meaning, offhand. There are only 2 acceptable options for mainhand. RME or Izhiikoh.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 09:49:14  
Pantafernando said: »

That's literally exploitation.

lol.

Here's the rest of that quote you missed.
That's literally exploitation. (not that we aren't all guilty of it)
By charlo999 2014-12-17 09:53:44  
Ok we got it, you can't do maths,you don't understand game mechanics, you can't have a adult debate(you debate like a petulant all knowing child)and you think you know everything about the job because you can use a spreadsheet and hit big numbers with rudras.
And that you get 800 coins average a run BUT later say it's because you use 3rd party tools.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 09:55:58  
At least i'm not mainhanding a sandung.
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-12-17 09:56:21  
I'd much rather mainhand a Sandung if I was going to use it, losing Atoyac in your OH is way worse than losing Izh in your MH. Especially for something like dynamis.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 09:59:07  
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-12-17 09:59:51  
I'll be honest I ignored you after the first post you made basically. If you were arguing to use it as the main hand...

KILL IT WITH FIRE, PLEASE.

I said NEVER USE SANDUNG EVER. Meaning, offhand. There are only 2 acceptable options for mainhand. RME or Izhiikoh.

If you could bring yourself to ignore the smell of blood in the water for a moment, please remember he is talking about Dynamis specifically, where one RS with Sandung will still kill a target from 100%, and certainly the 80-85% it'll be at after a couple steps to proc.

It doesn't make Sandung better, necessarily (all Iz/RME have to do is improve your killrate by 1%, after all), but ATOYAC is the one that's important, because it actually helps you generate TP more quickly for the RS instagib that defines your killrate. RME/Atoyac might be superior to Sandung/Atoyac but they're both better than RME/Sandung in this context.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-12-17 10:03:48  
Yeah I don't understand how you could possibly think not using Atoyac in Dynamis/Salvage is a good idea, that dagger is way too important to replace for those events specifically. Personally I just use Izh/Atoyac because I don't want to waste inventory space carrying around a Sandung for a near minimal if any bonus.
By Giaden 2014-12-17 10:06:01  
That's what I was thinking as well Failaras.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-17 10:06:03  
Asura.Failaras said: »
Yeah I don't understand how you could possibly think not using Atoyac in Dynamis/Salvage is a good idea, that dagger is way too important to replace for those events specifically. Personally I just use Izh/Atoyac because I don't want to waste inventory space carrying around a Sandung for a near minimal if any bonus.
To be honest, I never got onto the wkr augment train, so I wasn't even aware you could augment Atoyac with OAT until recently.
By charlo999 2014-12-17 10:08:56  
He posted morts info about the small increase and ihana did the maths. About 30 coins. Yeah it's minimal and prob not worth the effort. But I had sand before I got atoyac oat. So I'll take em. Different people will get different results more so cause of play style. It's not that big a deal.
Misinformation regarding factual maths is though.
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 262 263 264