フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 262 263 264
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-12-17 01:44:43  
Increasing the fTP of a WS matters less when the WS has a high base fTP, Rudras currently is 6/15/20. For instance Fudo still uses gorgets but only has an fTP of 3.75/5.75/8.
[+]
By Nyruul 2014-12-17 04:37:06  
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
The OP has quit, and no one has taken over the thread to make new sets.

I put current sets up 3 pages back. Someone needs to make a new thread/guide.

We've all gotten together and decided since you have so much time to always post here and since there is nothing you love more than ranting about your opinions, that it is now your responsibility to make THF guide 2.0. (The fact that you unfortunately do usually know wtf your talking about was also a factor in the decision.)

We would also like to suggest to you that you make an entire node to the incomparable utility and power of Sandung. I mean seriously 5% WS dmg! That's like 1.5k extra dmg to a 30k Rudra's! If that's not relevant than idk what is except wit dat dex it'd be more than 30k in the first place!

edit: it doesnt have dex... my bad
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-12-17 04:59:12  
Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
Wonder if thf/sam can reliably 2shot respite cloak nm

No, you'll need a third skillchain to finish it.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-17 06:01:35  
So Valli is completely against Sandung right? Meh It's my off-hand weapon most of the time.

I'll probably change up when I get a Chaac Belt but until then I need it to cap TH!
By Nyruul 2014-12-17 06:06:05  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
So Valli is completely against Sandung right? Meh It's my off-hand weapon most of the time.

I'll probably change up when I get a Chaac Belt but until then I need it to cap TH!

Well the thing about TH is... After TH2 the value of each level is extremely low. So really the difference between TH7 and 8 is w.e~
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-17 06:08:45  
Nyruul said: »

Well the thing about TH is... After TH2 the value of each level is extremely low. So really the difference between TH7 and 8 is w.e~
If it was Thief's Knife sort of weapon I wouldn't bother but Sandung is a somewhat decent weapon.
By Nyruul 2014-12-17 06:17:23  
Ya it isn't like using thief knife that's for sure. I'm just giving Valli's point. Sandung isn't terrible its just not BiS and Valli takes THF very seriously. I was using Sandung off hand for awhile myself. I only really use THF to farm so Atoyac is however a better off hand for obvious reasons.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-12-17 06:34:32  
And why bother with TH when you're farming. Need that powerful dps when fighting dyna and salvage mobs.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-17 06:36:17  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
And why bother with TH when you're farming. Need that powerful dps when fighting dyna and salvage mobs.
Inorite.
By Nyruul 2014-12-17 06:38:33  
I'll get you a Chaac belt btw! you just have to wear the set below and follow us around while spamming "/jobemote dnc" + "/dance4 motion" if you make it the whole run without getting AoE'd and dying it's as good as yours!

ItemSet 331663
[+]
By Nyruul 2014-12-17 06:41:27  
Why bother with TH? Umm why bother with sandung when I can cap TH without it and swap it all out without loosing TP?

Hmmm...
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-12-17 06:45:06  
More frequent TH9-10 procs.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-17 06:50:16  
There are a few situations where I full time TH, Dynamis being the major one, the hassle of constantly swapping out TH on stuff that will die shortly after I proc it, then there's always the slight chance of a TH Proc while I'm trying to stagger as well.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-12-17 06:54:57  

Why not just farm dynamis on BLU if TH3+ is pointless, you get TH2 and much faster kills.
[+]
By Nyruul 2014-12-17 07:00:37  
Sure those occasional TH procs are a game breaker farming dynamis lol... I'd rather kill stuff faster. Anyways who farms Dynamis? I ain't that broke lol. But sure if you are farming dynamis knock yourself out. If your camping 4 mobs for some low drop mats that have a 15 min respawn or your trying to get something like Dring to drop keep the gear on. Also use abilities like Feint+SA. Otherwise no... Don't keep TH gear on.

TH3+ isn't pointless. Again TH after TH2 is very very minimal. So when talking about the difference between TH8 and TH9/10 it is not a big deal...

How hard is tapping a button to swap gear anyways? eventually it becomes second nature.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-17 07:01:44  
I also full time my TH gear on behemoth, killed so many that it seems criminal not too.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-12-17 07:03:50  
When I farm dyna on THF I don't fulltime TH gear, I macro it into steps and flourishes, always have done.
By Nyruul 2014-12-17 07:04:01  
I also full time my TH gear on behemoth, killed so many that it seems criminal not too.

Yeah I agree with that stack that TH up! How you solo farm is your business really anyways. Just don't show up to delve or w.e and TP in TH gear lol.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-12-17 07:07:18  
Sure those occasional TH procs are a game breaker farming dynamis lol... I'd rather kill stuff faster. Anyways who farms Dynamis? I ain't that broke lol. But sure if you are farming dynamis knock yourself out. If your camping 4 mobs for some low drop mats that have a 15 min respawn or your trying to get something like Dring to drop keep the gear on. Also use abilities like Feint+SA. Otherwise no... Don't keep TH gear on.

I think you're trying too hard to win this argument that you forgot what the argument was about.

Buddy, the sooner you realize Valli is one of those 'spreadsheet idiots' you hate so much, the better. You need to get off his ***.
By Nyruul 2014-12-17 07:11:19  
Asura.Calatilla said: »
When I farm dyna on THF I don't fulltime TH gear, I macro it into steps and flourishes, always have done.

Ummm... not going to touch that one. lol
By charlo999 2014-12-17 07:12:34  
I'd rather kill stuff faster.

Why do I keep hearing this.
Damage dps doesn't equate to kill speed. People need to stop believing spreadsheets are the be all and end all.
If the increase in dps doesn't put you into the next tier/tiers of dropping an attack round/rounds then it's not doing anything.( the only exception being haste/dw/martial arts/multi att)
Hell if I were really nerdy, I could say being able to proc TH8 for that split second while having dw6 on my belt multiple times during a 2 hour period, means my killspeed on these weak mobs is better.
It's all situational depending on the scenario.
If you can't understand basic ff11 maths except spreadsheets, then it's pointless having a debate.
For higher lvl stuff I have sandung and atoyac hits around the same at main hand acc 87% discounting the ws and base damage. So it prob about 89-91% acc they break even. But then subbing an 119 acc dagger will be better especially given the 99% acc boost.
But then putting acc on atoyac will make it the best all the way down to about 80% hitrate on the mainhand.
Depends what you use thf for I guess.
I've wondered what 5stp would do on atoyac as it boosts it by a lot as it's been said.
By Nyruul 2014-12-17 07:17:24  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »

I think you're trying too hard to win this argument that you forgot what the argument was about.

Buddy, the sooner you realize Valli is one of those 'spreadsheet idiots' you hate so much, the better. You need to get off his ***.

lol I'm on Valli's ***? OK "buddy" I think Valli is a little nutty about spreadsheets but he's actually one of the few "elitist" who will be quick to admit spreadsheets can be bs. Also Valli annoys me more often than not. You think hes bad here you should hear him on vent and LS chat every damn night as well as here lol.

The conversation is actually just amusement for me right now. Idc go farm with your Sandung and if you want a chaac belt we'll sell you one. OK buddy?

Edit: I'm sure you can afford it with that lucrative dynamis income you got going on.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jezz
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: mithra01
By Quetzalcoatl.Jezz 2014-12-17 07:34:43  
I should give out vent info one day, just to let the randoms listen in and have a chuckle. >:)
[+]
By Nyruul 2014-12-17 07:37:21  
charlo999 said: »
Damage dps doesn't equate to kill speed.

...... I wish I worked for SE and was able to eliminate all auto-attack damage without loosing tp gain, for 1 day.

By charlo999 2014-12-17 07:45:53  
Damage dps doesn't equate to kill speed. People need to stop believing spreadsheets are the be all and end all.
If the increase in dps doesn't put you into the next tier/teirs of dropping an attack round/rounds then it's not doing anything.( the only exception being haste/dw/martial arts/multi att)
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 07:48:37  
I'd totally do the new updated guide n stuff. But the lolthfs (not going to name anyone) make me a /sadpanda.

I literally can't believe what I just saw. Potentially the stupidest thing I've ever read. And I've seen some dumb ***guys.
Damage dps doesn't equate to kill speed.

This. Is. WoW level. PLEASE, I'm literally begging you. Change to dancer. /handsandknees.

If anyone legitimately things that TH 12 > TH 11, I hope you never reproduce.

I wish that I could speak mongoloid so that I could explain this in terms you understand, but this is the best I can do:

Stabby things make shinies drop. Faster Stabby things makie more shinies drop.

A % increase to RATE is incomparable to a % increase in available drops. It's better to kill MORE with a REASONABLE TH than to kill LESS with a PERFECT TH.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-12-17 07:50:11  
Edit: I'm sure you can afford it with that lucrative dynamis income you got going on.

No thanks. The difference between Sandung and an alternate weapon is smaller than the difference between the Patentia sash and the next best belt.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-12-17 07:51:48  
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
A % increase to RATE is incomparable to a % increase in available drops. It's better to kill MORE with a REASONABLE TH than to kill LESS with a PERFECT TH.

How many more gears can I kill per run if I don't use the Sandung?
By charlo999 2014-12-17 07:54:32  
Fact is they all can't do/understand the maths.
All they can do is use spreadsheets and post images to try and make themselves feel better.
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 262 263 264