フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 312 313 314 ... 445 446 447
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2016-09-27 06:19:27  
I'm fairly sure it's a positioning issue, my Blank Gaze works on Belphegor even when I'm playing RUN/BLU!
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2016-09-27 07:41:50  
intrloper said: »
Hmmm...
So Almace will win over Tizona both maintaining AM3 full time when you have other weapon types that wont allow you to close light?
Also almace>tizona when you just want to spam CDC for AM1 because the fight is too short to fully utilize AM3 from Tizona(or Almace)?

Does Almace AM3 need to be maintained or does AM1 work really well over Tizona also?

#1 When others dont let you close light, it hurts both weapons and if you can keep the am3, tizona wins by a good chunk.
#2 If the fight is way short (like these ambuscade fights) then almace should win over tizona yea.
#3 AM1 is fine on almace vs tizona but it really depends on what you doing, if you are doing a mid-long fight and you can keep AM3 on tizona (which is way easy) then it doesnt matter am1/3 on almace, tizona is gonna win.

Short answer: alma main hand will win on short fights like woe, ambuscade, SR and the like (and even in SR, i won using tizona/alma vs an alma user)

This is from a damage pov of course, tizona's MP recovery utility blows almace once you have to use spells and need a fast mp recovery without wasting time/traits on BC or auto-refresh.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-27 09:14:59  
Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
#3 AM1 is fine on almace vs tizona but it really depends on what you doing, if you are doing a mid-long fight and you can keep AM3 on tizona (which is way easy) then it doesnt matter am1/3 on almace, tizona is gonna win.

Short answer: alma main hand will win on short fights like woe, ambuscade, SR and the like (and even in SR, i won using tizona/alma vs an alma user)

Spicy."It's.Too.Early.For.This".I'm.Going.Back.To.Bed...In.15.hours. said:
Yes, is is already well established and known about short fights and Mythics, but the opposite was just being alluded to about long fights and Almace.

I remember it being debated a bit in general during the retesting of WSs. The notion of getting to AM3 on Almace was something to do and that when done beats Tizona excluding SC damage is something new entirely, at least to me.

Frankly when burning high level mobs like WoC with a few DDs, SCs don't happen reliably or much at all. Light SCs certainly do diddly to him.
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-09-27 18:57:50  
Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Asura.Carrotchan said: »
This gives 557 blue magic skill and will floor the recast on Occultation using just Fast Cast 0 + 2 and capped magic haste. It's also slightly overcapped on Fast Cast (you can get away with 2 less) due to truncation although I haven't actually tested it.

Spicy.Nutz said:
What equation are you using for this?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Spell_Recast
https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/108196-Random-Facts-Thread-Magic/page5

The last few posts suggest that Hashi. Bazu. +1 are added to the Fast Cast term.

Floored occultation = floor(76 * .2) = floor(15.2) = 15

For the above (with only Erratic Flutter)

recast = floor((76*(1 - .25 - .4375))*((100 - floor((15 + 25)/2) - 14)/100)) = floor(15.675) = 15

Using two less fast cast

recast = floor((76*(1 - .25 - .4375))*((100 - floor((15 + 23)/2) - 14)/100)) = floor(15.9125) = 15

It turns out the recast for Occultation is 90 seconds (bg-wiki listed 76). The minimum amount of required Fast Cast on paper remains unchanged. If you read the page on recast, you'll see that sometimes machine error plays a role in these equations. The testing I did over the weekend indicated that 90 seconds recast with capped haste is a case where this happens and you only need 21 fast cast instead. I'll double check tonight and update the set accordingly.

I retested this today. You do need 23 Fast Cast from gear (when using FC0+2 and Hashishin Bazubands +1) to floor the recast. I think I was probably wearing Orunmila's Torque when I tried testing before and just got confused.

This is the set I would recommend using.

ItemSet 346568

It does require a Fast Cast +6 augment on the Herculean Helm but I think this will be cheaper than HQ gear and is also useful on other jobs, if you play them.
By crimsondragon 2016-09-27 23:04:02  
Wow! The information here is awesome!
[+]
By Takisan 2016-09-28 08:17:44  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Kill it 'til it dies.

3 box all of vagary...
Incredible.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-28 09:56:58  
It does require a Fast Cast +6 augment on the Herculean Helm but I think this will be cheaper than HQ gear and is also useful on other jobs, if you play them.

SpicyCereal said:
Silly rabbit. Weatherspoon Ring is for BLUs
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-09-28 11:58:42  

SpicyCereal said:

BLU can cap fast cast with just FC0+2

ItemSet 346583

This requires some HQ items to do, but tbh I don't think it's that important to have it capped. I usually have more fast cast traits set when cleaving (good for recast). Using Herculean Helm/Boots with just 5 Fast Cast and Etiolation Earring leaves you at 75 Fast Cast, which I feel is good enough for any other situation and lets you select a more useful ring. Weatherspoon is for jobs that don't have access to other quick cast items.
By Yandaime 2016-09-28 12:34:14  

SpicyCereal said:

ItemSet 346583

This requires some HQ items to do, but tbh I don't think it's that important to have it capped. I usually have more fast cast traits set when cleaving (good for recast). Using Herculean Helm/Boots with just 5 Fast Cast and Etiolation Earring leaves you at 75 Fast Cast, which I feel is good enough for any other situation and lets you select a more useful ring. Weatherspoon is for jobs that don't have access to other quick cast items.

Actually I'm very pleased with my Weatherspoon Ring. Huge fast-cast as well as a good chunk of quick-cast in one slot? Works for me! Also, it comes with Light Damage + which is very lovely for Blinding Fulgor, Diffusion Ray and Magic Hammer (?) I mean honestly, what other SoA Ring is as useful for BLU? There's the DT ring but with Defending Ring and various defense options, I'm seeing more utility in Weatherspoon
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-28 13:29:53  

SpicyCereal said:

ItemSet 346583

Weatherspicy.Ring said:
Better ring? The crafting one?

None are spectacular for anything I do at least. I mean I don't play pet jobs, and the ring is even more important for a job like RUN where you can't cap quick cast without it (even with it I think you only get ~9%), and you need a good FC set to reduce merits in inspiration down.

That and weatherspoon aside from being the best for magic hammer and light nukes. Is an inventory saver as you no longer need to carry Mintan, Lebeche, and Impatiens with it.

I use HQ head and feet to get the extra 2%, but you can upgrade the neck and earring for the extra 2%. So this doesn't require HQ items to do either. This is 78% with 1200+ Flutter only:
ItemSet 346585
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-09-28 14:03:37  

SpicyCereal said:

ItemSet 346583

Weatherspicy.Ring said:
Better ring? The crafting one?

None are spectacular for anything I do at least. I mean I don't play pet jobs, and the ring is even more important for a job like RUN where you can't cap quick cast without it (even with it I think you only get ~9%), and you need a good FC set to reduce merits in inspiration down.

That and weatherspoon aside from being the best for magic hammer and light nukes. Is an inventory saver as you no longer need to carry Mintan, Lebeche, and Impatiens with it.

I use HQ head and feet to get the extra 2%, but you can upgrade the neck and earring for the extra 2%. So this doesn't require HQ items to do either. This is 78% with 1200+ Flutter only:
ItemSet 346585

Inventory is not a very good reason to choose Weatherspoon. There are much better choices, even for BLU. It's completely replaceable for any job that can wear Perimede Cape unless you want the light damage boost. For magic hammer, I already do more than my MP total. Increased Magic Hammer damage is not helpful enough to justify selecting over something else. If you're choosing Weatherspoon on a mage job for the Fast Cast, I feel you've wasted your ring choice.
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-28 14:05:28  
But what else would you really suggest? The selection is pretty limited.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-09-28 14:08:14  
For BLU, Karieyh Ring. For other jobs maybe Karieyh ring or Shneddick ring.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-28 14:14:40  
I suppose that is a slight upgrade for Savage and Expiacion, but even then it's fairly lackluster. There aren't any must-have Adoulin Rings for BLU.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-09-28 14:22:49  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
I suppose that is a slight upgrade for Savage and Expiacion, but even then it's fairly lackluster. There aren't any must-have Adoulin Rings for BLU.

I'd still rate it as a better choice than Weatherspoon. I agree though that the choices for BLU aren't compelling. I would rather select a ring based on other jobs. That said, I'm stuck with the crafting ring. I wanted it for synthesizing Amalric +1. I don't have enough to switch back, and won't until I get capped Samnuha Tights (??? 2020 ???)
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-28 14:25:31  
I have to agree there. We do have a pretty easy time capping FC and QC, and more damage is always nice. I'm in the same boat with the crafting ring. I'll finish my HQ Adhemar one day, but it is definitely not this day.
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-28 14:33:18  
Shneddick ring ftw!

Janniston Ring isn't bad either
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-09-28 14:40:06  
think honestly the only irreplaceable rings are crafting and thurandaut, so if you don't need either of those it really doesnt matter what you pick
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-09-28 14:43:20  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
think honestly the only irreplaceable rings are crafting and thurandaut, so if you don't need either of those it really doesnt matter what you pick

For BLU I agree. For other many jobs, Shneddick is definitely not replaceable.
[+]
By Ricon 2016-09-28 14:44:09  
After many hours of discussion, long ago, the only real choices my ls could come up with were as follows.
Vocane because it's honestly bis in every jobs dt set.
Crafting ring because it's all about the munz.

Using any other ring more or less limits it's usefulness to one job. With the exception of the move speed ring they are all good for something(inb4 dat mage move speed) but in the big picture if you don't want the hq rate then take the dt, heal+, and knockback reduction. Since this is the blu forum.

Tizona for president 2016.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-28 14:45:45  
Ricon said: »
Tizona for president 2016.
Make Mythics Great Again!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-09-28 14:46:03  
honestly have yet to encounter a situation where the difference between 12% and 18% movement speed was groundbreaking
[+]
By eliroo 2016-09-28 14:46:42  
honestly have yet to encounter a situation where the difference between 12% and 18% movement speed was groundbreaking

When running to the Conflux in grauberg for WoTG missions.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-28 14:47:58  
Lol Shneddick...peasants without 18% boots and bolters!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-09-28 14:47:59  
eliroo said: »

When running to the Conflux in grauberg for WoTG missions.

tru
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-28 15:26:23  
I loved my "gotta go fast" ring for quite some time, but with HQ Carmine I had to drop it. Now I just need Orvail to actually pay out with something.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-09-28 20:06:36  
Yes it's 15%, and cap is 80.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-09-28 21:20:21  

For BLU I agree. For other many jobs, Shneddick is definitely not replaceable.
I agree. So many jobs don't have iLevel movement options. Plus green, just like Defending.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-09-28 21:28:31  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
I loved my "gotta go fast" ring for quite some time, but with HQ Carmine I had to drop it. Now I just need Orvail to actually pay out with something.
Despite having Carmine +1 I still have my ring since my other jobs would be slow. There is nothing I despise more than my two characters running at different speeds. About the only thing that would make me change rings is if I won a kupo shield and then I'd have to take up crafting.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 312 313 314 ... 445 446 447