The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 313 314 315 ... 446 447 448
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-28 21:44:53  
Spacy.tha.hdgehawg said:
Yes, a Shneddick ring. 6% better and 10m away from being immediately replaced by an item you should actually have. Carmine Cuisses +1.
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-28 22:13:22  
I have the gotta go fast ring because I play a lot of jobs. Not just BLU.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-28 22:35:47  
Basically everything I play is on Carmine, so I manage. If I'm on BLM or SCH I go slow, but that's my punishment for not playing BLU.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-28 22:49:48  
I basically only use my Carmine +1 legs for high acc lol
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-28 23:16:35  
If we aren't kiting/running from a mob then what do we need 6% for over being better geared? I would like to think if we are so impatient then we would just 3rd party our movement speed anyway.

-SR

Just going to sign the posts instead of writing in quotes. That is a bit silly at this point.
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-09-29 00:22:48  
Thank you, it's easier to read that way.

In regards to Shneddick Ring, it is a mediocre choice for any job that can wear Carmine. That said, movement speed enhancing gear is not a novelty. It is a useful stat. Utilizing it without having to sacrifice any iLVL gear is non-trivial.
[+]
By Afania 2016-09-29 00:52:02  
Asura.Carrotchan said: »
If we aren't kiting/running from a mob then what do we need 6% for over being better geared? I would like to think if we are so impatient then we would just 3rd party our movement speed anyway.

-SR

Just going to sign the posts instead of writing in quotes. That is a bit silly at this point.

Can you just create a new account? This entire Carrot messenger thing is silly to begin with..... =.=
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-29 00:55:47  
It's not by my choice :I Spicy used up his chances by asking Rooks to be banned

-Carrot
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-29 02:25:54  
Afania said: »

-SR

Can you just create a new account? This entire Carrot messenger thing is silly to begin with..... =.=

Don't want an account. Just want to post BLU/ask/answer job stuff and community/wiki related stuff. I know that's not easy to understand, but it's not complicated either. It's not about chances.

Btw we are doing/did a massive reupload atm on the wiki to fix the names of items going back years now. It went on for hour after hour I haven't check if it's done. This will fix any equipment template issues.

And I still think Shneddick is the biggest waste of s ring next to the blue skill one. To each their own though. Have to quantify how useful that 6% is. Kiting isn't a big part of this game anymore IMO. Really only could matter for someone like Hiep, but battfields are restricted in size now. No more zones to pin mobs in.

-SR
[+]
 Odin.Roundelk
サーバ: Odin
user: Roundelk
By Odin.Roundelk 2016-09-29 09:44:46  
I like Vocane though I do use RUN a lot but being able to get 25% DT on just 4 peices is pretty nice and helps in breath dmg situations and allows me to equip more acc in a DT set.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-09-29 10:10:27  
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
How many jobs don't have a movement speed option besides the ring?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-09-29 10:12:51  
Asura.Calatilla said: »
WAR, MNK, BLM, WHM, BST, SAM, NIN more than half the time, SMN, PUP, DNC, SCH. GEO gets 12%.
By eliroo 2016-09-29 10:14:50  
Just a minor correction, Nin can get 12% all the time and 25% about half of the time.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-09-29 10:15:21  
Not iLevel movement.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-09-29 10:23:57  
War, mnk and pup are on Hermes' sandals. SAM and NIN have danzo sune-ate WHM is mostly /SCH so can use desert boots under Sandstorm but also has Iaso boots or herald's gaiters which BLM and SMN can also use. DNC has tandava crackows and Chocobo Jig. And BST has Skadi's jambeaux

What difference does Ilvl make when you're just running from point A to point B, unless you're kiting, but how often do you do that?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-09-29 10:58:08  
pretty huge convenience factor to not have to toggle between movement and ilevel idle every time you pop a NM, running around with aggro(sneak and invis are a waste of time when you'll shed hate at gaes fete or w.e event anyway), small repositions where you wouldnt toggle to movement and back to ilevel

15% resist petra/bind/grav is pretty handy when running around as well
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-29 10:59:59  
That is carrying like 8 pieces of movement speed gear, instead of just using one. For me, it is just the ring I will get the most use out of. There is no "great" ring that I am really missing out on.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-09-29 11:30:19  
I also took the 18% ring. The ilvel part is a huge factor. Especially for blu (not everyone is 2100 and doesnt kite hords of mobs to cp on :D)

I can already hit -44DT on blu through herc augs/gear, while vocane would be nice to put that extra -7 dt, technically I can get 6 through dark ring which equally caps me. Not a hard choice, but really with a mix of pdt/mdt/breath in other slotts its not hard to cap without dark ring all but breath, which even at -44% is big enough for most fights.

While 5%FC ring is nice, you can already see we hit cap w/o it. Quick cast when your at 80FC becomes kinda moot imo, how many times do you really need to cast flutter :D

the rest are just refresh/ +5 blu skill etc.. while nice I dont think they actually "do" anything applicable for the majority of us. I am never out of mp and I do not have tiz, my spells would not hit a new tier with 5 blu skill, so useless on those.

For me there is not much of an issue its shneddick or crafting ring.

Inv space is a lot more important at this part of the game to me, carrying 5~8 movement speed items more is just counter productive (argument gives for FC ring earlier), than using those slotts for say better situational gear that can impact a win/loss on a fight(cursna recieved sets, white wind hp sets, more herc augs for various things like TH, etc etc etc). Though this can be a good argument for someone who only plays blu, at which point I dont see 1 job filling up 320 slotts of gear anyhow so go crazy :D

I love my ring and I really couldnt justify on any job giving it up. But I will agree that if your a blu only, and only play Carmine jobs, then ya its a waste. Shits situational, but most play atleast one "non-carmine" job by this point.
By Ricon 2016-09-29 12:16:04  
Asura.Azagarth said: »
I love my ring and I really couldnt justify on any job giving it up. But I will agree that if your a blu only, and only play Carmine jobs, then ya its a waste. Shits situational, but most play atleast one "non-carmine" job by this point.

But you could justify it easily. You pretty much need carmine legs anyway. So for all carmine jobs that ring is a waste now, for all non-carmine the 6% won't matter. Thf and rng get 18%. Are you kiting as a mage? Find a carmine job to kite for you. Hell I even agree with Ryan, if the 6% is that big a deal you might want to go to the dark side. Anything but letting that ring exist.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-09-29 13:16:08  
It isn't even about the 6% bonus it has over other options, it the fact that other options are iLevel. Optimizing fast cast and quick cast = getting cap. It doesn't matter how you get there, whether you use 8 slots or 12.
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-29 13:16:19  
Spicy's crap

Enough with the snide ***. If you want to debate this like adults, feel free. If it's recess at elementary school, take it to another thread.
By eliroo 2016-09-29 13:24:17  

While 5%FC ring is nice, you can already see we hit cap w/o it. Quick cast when your at 80FC becomes kinda moot imo, how many times do you really need to cast flutter :D

Given that I know you main Ninja, very surprised you didn't go for the Weatherspoon. Quick Magic also resets the recast so it can be rather life saving at times.
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-09-29 14:33:51  
eliroo said: »

Given that I know you main Ninja, very surprised you didn't go for the Weatherspoon. Quick Magic also resets the recast so it can be rather life saving at times.

From my experience, it's nice but not that important for Utsusemi. You can floor Ichi, Ni and San recasts to 6/9/12 seconds. Usually you can just ride Ni and recast before your shadows are even below 2. If you have bad timing with an AoE or something, you can use San. If something really weird happens and for some reason both are down, you still have Ichi. It's fairly easy to time with 80% Fast Cast.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-09-29 15:10:23  
Honestly let's just not pretend like there's an end-all-be-all choice here. Movement speed isn't the worst ring but it's also not the only choice and is certainly not the only one that is worth picking. Convenience vs. functionality (in some cases, functionality that can not otherwise be replicated)
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-29 15:59:41  
I suppose I must be decently serious at all times or I get called snide and the post gets deleted by Kojo while I get scolded.

Calm down. I honestly addressed every ring since we were on the subject for the last entire page. I just didn't write a thesis on it and treat it like an owners manual.

I especially liked the Thurandaut ring being simply labeled "My Pet Goat." However, fine I will just shut up.

-SR
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-09-30 20:32:30  
late addition that just came to mind, multiboxing and having to follow the 18%s on the 12%s is the most irritating ***ever and the most common dualbox jobs(whm, geo) don't get 18% so for dualboxers it's all about the shneddick
By BlaTheTaru 2016-10-04 00:55:13  
At what point does herc body beat kaftan for cdc? Minimum augments?
By Takisan 2016-10-04 14:54:50  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
I have to agree there. We do have a pretty easy time capping FC and QC, and more damage is always nice. I'm in the same boat with the crafting ring. I'll finish my HQ Adhemar one day, but it is definitely not this day.

ItemSet 346745
Helm: Dex4, Acc12, DT-4
Body: STR5, Acc23, Attk29, DT-3
Hands: Acc24, Attk13, DT-3
Legs: Acc2, Attk12, DT-4
Feet: STR6, Acc20,Attk20, DT-4

DT = 4x4(head, legs, feet, back)+ 3x2 (hands, body) +5 (neck) + 10 (ring) + 2 (ammo)= 39

Add a Vocane ring and a body and hands with -4 and that should put me at 48% DT. I like the idea of almost 50% full-out, hands down DT on blu. So unless someone knows another ring/piece I would advocate this one, buuuuuut yea like Oraen said I gotta finish crafting my Jinxed bonnet first. -,-
First Page 2 3 ... 313 314 315 ... 446 447 448