Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 331 332 333 ... 836 837 838
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-29 21:18:27  
Pantafernando said: »
Hi.

So, how exactly work muyingwa dmg type resistance?

Last i read, someone said the phase was blunt > piercing > slashing > magic, being the mechanism if you deal those types of dmg, the dt increase.

Is that correct?

Last run i did, writing my average ws dmg, with sam sam cor as dds, i went namas for first 25%, fudo (disengaged the cor) for 75-50, so i was hoping zero reduction at 50%, but still my namas dropped from 6196 (average) to 3700 in 50-25, so basically, the first info was wrong, and muyingwa still build its dt.

So, thoughts?

It gains -DT as it's HP goes down, I'm not sure at what rate or what it caps out at, but things like Quick Draw and non-elemental damage like Requiescat don't seem to lose their potency. While it's aura is up, it gains a pile of blink type shadows as well.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-11-30 00:56:53  
Can't say much but I can offer some of my own experiences. From eyeballing it, my runs with RNG COR DRG RDM GEO BRD have shown her DT to hold steady at 50% damage taken, occurring somewhere in that same vicinity (25-50% of her HP). Except for Quick Draw and Skillchains, our damage was entirely piercing. I do try to take note of the fact that, with her dispels, Chaos Roll isn't always on, and of course not always at an impressive value.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-11-30 01:04:34  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
with her dispels
If for whatever reason your stunners are having a hard time with recast (she *can* use TP moves slightly faster than others), BRD can stun with Lullaby as she has pretty low resistance to it. I always use Horde Lullaby stuns if she tries anything with blink aura up just in case.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-12-01 00:25:12  
Any good Umbril camps in Dho, Woh or one of the "second entrances" near the new NMs?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-12-01 00:25:14  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
with her dispels
If for whatever reason your stunners are having a hard time with recast (she *can* use TP moves slightly faster than others), BRD can stun with Lullaby as she has pretty low resistance to it. I always use Horde Lullaby stuns if she tries anything with blink aura up just in case.
We don't bother stunning, cuz we're lazy. Hasn't hurt us yet though, but good tip with the Lullaby, I'll keep that in mind should we ever need to alter our method.
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Any good Umbril camps in Dho, Woh or one of the "second entrances" near the new NMs?
Haven't seen one yet in the new areas, but I'll keep looking. I recall the Umbrils being mostly mixed in with other things, especially Dullahans near the Ra'Kaznar entrances. I suppose there are also the Matamatas in Moh Gates, which might be decent if you also found Umbrils near them so you'd have a constant supply of magic-weak enemies. Among older areas, Woh's Umbrils are mostly mixed with bats. In Dho, there are 3 Umbrils right at the Marjami zone. I can't say I recall any locations with more than 3, especially without extra crap.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-01 02:21:44  
I think saw a couple of umbrils during missions, in the cirdas hidden zone through yorcia, but it was a mixed camp with other mobs.

Ilv 123 iirc, not as high as woh or doh, but still high.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-12-01 12:32:22  
Is A Forbidden Reunion soloable? Like on pup or something
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-01 12:46:51  
So I'm sort of getting all the plans I would need to fully upgrade every salvage piece and doing BR2 atm, with regards to Cerb, I always do Salvage on THF, right now I spam physical WS until damage drops below AE and then switch.

How does the damage resistance build up work? Would I kill faster the way I currently do it or just WSing with AE all the time?
 Odin.Shaggnix
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-12-01 13:00:33  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Is A Forbidden Reunion soloable? Like on pup or something

Did it on smn, which i rate at 6.5/10 gear wise. Took 2 tries cause lilisette died the first time, but the mobs weren't terribly difficult. seemed like lilisette did better fighting the dragon while i killed the ig-ilima rather than the other way around.
[+]
 Asura.Vinedrius
サーバ: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-12-01 13:14:20  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
So I'm sort of getting all the plans I would need to fully upgrade every salvage piece and doing BR2 atm, with regards to Cerb, I always do Salvage on THF, right now I spam physical WS until damage drops below AE and then switch.

How does the damage resistance build up work? Would I kill faster the way I currently do it or just WSing with AE all the time?

I can't really formulate how it works, but from personal experience, its resistance rapidly increases if you keep doing the same type of damage. I am doing it on BLU and alternating between physical spells and tp/physical ws damage works pretty well. It should be fine if you alternate between a physical WS and aeolian edge.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-12-01 13:38:56  

I just spam Req from the beginning on blu so I'm sure that'd work just fine for thf and aeolian. From what I understand, using magic damage counters his ability to gain PDT so if you keep up a good mix of damage types it won't ever build much. Your white damage from swinging will take care of the physical side and your aeolian will take the magic side.
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-12-01 13:48:55  
Hmm, I never spammed spells or req all the way and was assuming that spamming req or spells would also cause resistance. Nevermind then. Sticking to Aeolion would work fine.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-01 13:56:22  
Alright I'll give it a go, nothing worse than spamming physical and then he puts up his stoneskin while I'm doing 2 digit hits.
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-12-01 14:01:27  
Alright I'll give it a go, nothing worse than spamming physical and then he puts up his stoneskin while I'm doing 2 digit hits.

Yeah that is annoying XD. Fortunately for a BLU, it is only a matter of casting a single spell to take it down.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-12-01 14:18:32  
Definitely gonna support the "just use Aeolian Edge the whole time" strategy, from my experience playing as my brother's character who only had THF and BRD, that was the only reliable way to end the fight in under like, 10 minutes. Meanwhile, my other brother goes BLU and kills it in like 30 seconds.
 Siren.Scottyb
サーバ: Siren
user: scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2014-12-01 14:31:02  
Just wondered if the abyssea soundtrack is available on any of the OST's I don't thin it was on the newest one right?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-01 18:40:56  
For those that use mont's gs, what's the default command for defensive settings?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-01 19:10:39  
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
For those that use mont's gs, what's the default command for defensive settings?

Equipping defensive sets or changing the type of defensive set?

F10 - PDT
F11 - MDT
Alt + F12 - turn off defensive sets
To cycle through the types is either Alt F10 or Cntrl F10, can't remember and I don't have FF on my laptop.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-01 19:42:41  
I finally found it, was coming to change the post, but thank you.

Learning this ***is making my brain melt. Hard to "teach an old dog new tricks".
By Zoltar 2014-12-02 19:00:41  
How many dies/residues to get Empyrean WS again? 100/100?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-02 19:01:04  
Zoltar said: »

If you use the -1 weapon, yeah.
By Zoltar 2014-12-02 19:04:14  
Odin.Jassik said: »

Is there a link how to flag this? I've only ever done these by making the WoE weapons via NM path
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-02 19:16:24  
take the weapon out of the box, trade it to the moogle like normal
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-12-02 19:56:12  

Is there a link how to flag this? I've only ever done these by making the WoE weapons via NM path

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Walk_of_Echoes_Weapon_Skill_Trials
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-12-03 10:40:23  
I've been trying to get Dhalmel Saliva off Bull Dhalmels in Buburimu Peninsula for my mule's SJ quest. I have been using my mule's THF50, thinking TH would help, yet I have killed over 50 dhalmels and all I've gotten so far was a ***load of hides, meats, femurs and grass. Am I missing something? Has the SJ quest been changed to some other dhalmel?

I already got the wild rabbit tail and bloody robe too...
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-03 10:42:17  
Odin.Sheelay said: »
I've been trying to get Dhalmel Saliva off Bull Dhalmels in Buburimu Peninsula for my mule's SJ quest. I have been using my mule's THF50, thinking TH would help, yet I have killed over 50 dhalmels and all I've gotten so far was a ***load of hides, meats, femurs and grass. Am I missing something? Has the SJ quest been changed to some other dhalmel?

Not that I'm aware, in fact, they increased the drop rate significantly.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-12-03 10:43:09  
Odin.Sheelay said: »

Not that I'm aware, in fact, they increased the drop rate significantly.

So much that I've been at it on and off for 3 days lol
By BlaTheTaru 2014-12-03 10:48:10  
Have you tried turning it off and back on?
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-03 10:48:23  
And you're sure it's not in their inventory somewhere? I just went out there on COR with TH1 and killed every bull dhalmel in bubu and got no saliva. It might be bugged.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-12-03 10:50:24  
And you're sure it's not in their inventory somewhere? I just went out there on COR with TH1 and killed every bull dhalmel in bubu and got no saliva. It might be bugged.

If multiples were to drop, like coffer keys, I'd simply get a message I could not obtain the item. I think they might have removed it from the pool....

Edit: After several more kills, I got one. Still, so much for increased drop rate D:
First Page 2 3 ... 331 332 333 ... 836 837 838