Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 332 333 334 ... 843 844 845
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-03 10:55:08  
Odin.Sheelay said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
And you're sure it's not in their inventory somewhere? I just went out there on COR with TH1 and killed every bull dhalmel in bubu and got no saliva. It might be bugged.

If multiples were to drop, like coffer keys, I'd simply get a message I could not obtain the item. I think they might have removed it from the pool....

Edit: After several more kills, I got one. Still, so much for increased drop rate D:

If you already have a rare item in your inventory, it just won't drop to the pool at all, but the drop rate seems much lower than the selbina items.
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-12-03 10:57:10  
Odin.Sheelay said: »
And you're sure it's not in their inventory somewhere? I just went out there on COR with TH1 and killed every bull dhalmel in bubu and got no saliva. It might be bugged.

If multiples were to drop, like coffer keys, I'd simply get a message I could not obtain the item. I think they might have removed it from the pool....

Edit: After several more kills, I got one. Still, so much for increased drop rate D:

If you already have a rare item in your inventory, it just won't drop to the pool at all, but the drop rate seems much lower than the selbina items.

I got suspicious after all those kills and having gotten the other 2 items within the 1st 5 kills. I mean, over 50 dhalmels, seriously?
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-12-03 10:59:18  
Maybe try partying up with someone, and see if one drops in the pool.
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-12-03 11:02:13  
Well, I finally just got one so I guess my thf 50 had TH-100
By Firebrandt 2014-12-03 14:12:28  
So I've seen conflicting reports about the WSD Adoulin ring ranging from worthless to on-par / slightly better than Avatar +1 rings. I finished SOA 2 weeks ago but have held off on doing the last mission because I'm not sure what to pick.

I am a WHM main but have wanted to move to a different job since I've been the healer since 2004. I am in the process of gearing SAM , THF, and COR and figured the WSD would help on all of those.

Thoughts?
 Bismarck.Dubai
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-12-03 14:31:24  
What's the plugin/add-on in which displays your enemy/mob's HP% ?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-03 14:38:21  
Really only going to benefit on SAM, and only if you aren't buying ifrit rings.

It's not like it's going to make a sizable difference regardless of what you pick in all honesty. Think about it, a WS that does 10,000 damage, 3% of that is 300 damage...

Not worth stressing over. It's around... 50 more damage on a SA-Rudra for THF vs Ramuh+1. (which doesn't seem right to me, but the spreadsheet says it is).

Should be inferior to any MAB rings for Leaden @ Cor, and Terrible for Last Stand compared to a Garuda.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-12-03 14:40:22  
Firebrandt said: »
So I've seen conflicting reports about the WSD Adoulin ring ranging from worthless to on-par / slightly better than Avatar +1 rings. I finished SOA 2 weeks ago but have held off on doing the last mission because I'm not sure what to pick.

I am a WHM main but have wanted to move to a different job since I've been the healer since 2004. I am in the process of gearing SAM, THF, and COR and figured the WSD would help on all of those.

Thoughts?
Technically, it's actual performance would depend on 1) the WS in question and 2) the rest of your stats. For one thing, the WS damage bonus only applies to hits the same way gorget/belts apply (ie: good for single hit and most merit WSs). The weaponskill's modifiers also play a role, in that if your WS benefits from STR and attack, and you're sorely lacking, then an Ifrit Ring +1 would be more useful.

For SAM, THF, and COR, the WS damage would be practical. Without checking it in a spreadsheet, you won't know for sure, but at the very least, it would be comparable to using any +1 ring, potentially better/worse. In my THF calculations, even with SA + Rudra's/Mandalic Stab, the Karieyh Ring comes ahead of Ramuh +1. In my COR calculations, it comes ahead of Garuda +1 on Last Stand (I'd have to update it for Leaden Salute, but I'd wager Archon+MAB would probably win).
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-12-03 14:43:48  
Firebrandt said: »

I am a WHM main but have wanted to move to a different job since I've been the healer since 2004. I am in the process of gearing SAM , THF, and COR and figured the WSD would help on all of those.

Thoughts?

According to some people, soa ring is inferior to crafted +1 ring under some conditions (attack capped or no).

Personally, i would prefer paying 12m for ring than picking karieh one, because some rings are pretty intersting, with bonuses i wont have even paying 100m.

Personally i picked vocane ring, and paired with the cape, ive increased my efficiency against some troublesome knockbacks mobs (delve mega bosses and adl), but thats me.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-12-03 15:10:50  
For RNG it is most definitely better than Garuda+1 for Coronach, for instance putting it in a spreadsheet on a Tojil level mob you will gain around 75 damage per WS over Garuda+1 with an average of 3400~. 75 damage doesn't sound like much but you have to understand that is pretty high for a single item change, for instance upgrading from a 109 to a 119 piece can yield similar results (Orion Beret to Orion Beret+1 for Coronach is around 60 damage per WS). FFXI is a game of marginal upgrades. For Last Stand it is obviously worse because 2 hit, but if you have capped racc it should still producer higher numbers than Garuda+1.

I still wouldn't recommend it if you care about mages or only play Sam as a DD though.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-12-03 15:34:47  
The WS damage applies to both hits of Last Stand, so it performs pretty well.

Bottom line is, download a DPS calculator and check for yourself how it compares with what you have. If the difference seems worth it compared to the price tags and alternatives, then you should have an easier time answering your question.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-12-03 17:25:27  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
The WS damage applies to both hits of Last Stand
Source? Cause this is completely news to me.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-12-04 14:14:13  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
The WS damage applies to both hits of Last Stand
Source? Cause this is completely news to me.
I didn't have a source, I realized it was a misinterpretation of other information. I recall having heard that any WS with the TP carrying over for hits beyond the first (like Last Stand, Resolution, etc) would be affected by Weaponskill Damage+% for all hits. After doing some simple testing with Last Stand, Requiescat, and Ygnas's Resolve +1 however, it was easy to tell that it doesn't.

edit: I'm not sure if this is reflected in the DPS calculators or not.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-12-04 15:49:13  
Sylph.Limlight said: »
I've been gone for a couple months, come back today and jump on mnk and my h2h is only equipped on one hand. Apparently I missed something. Or am I glitched? I'm looking around online to see what's up but a quick answer here would save me some trouble.
Sounds like you may have had some .dat mods on your h2h and the location for one of the hands probably changed location during a patch.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-12-04 15:51:09  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
the location for one of the hands probably changed location during a patch.
Surprise fisting!
[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-12-04 16:58:45  
Bismarck.Dubai said: »
What's the plugin/add-on in which displays your enemy/mob's HP% ?
By Pantafernando 2014-12-04 17:02:36  
Plugin Tparty.
 Carbuncle.Sisko
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-12-05 04:41:10  
There once was a "last topics window" on the right side of the ffxi official forums. the one being created / answered by se mods were hilighted. This feature seems to have disapeared. Anyone know something about it? Like a new URL
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-05 04:42:39  
Its still there click "forum top" the dev tracker window with all the dev responses right?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sisko
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-12-05 04:54:30  
omg valli, you seem to answer my questions before I hit the submit button.

Thank you, it's not exactly what I was using but it totaly does the trick.
 Leviathan.Tsoi
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsoi
By Leviathan.Tsoi 2014-12-05 12:24:23  
Where/how can I farm subduction the blue mage spell? I've been searching all of circadas cavern for a marolish and can't seem to find one.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-05 12:58:33  
Leviathan.Tsoi said: »
Where/how can I farm subduction the blue mage spell? I've been searching all of circadas cavern for a marolish and can't seem to find one.

Cirdas Caverns, not too far from the enigmatic device, up in a small circle-like area on the north side....there's a pair of them that spawn there.

F-something, I don't recall which because I'm not looking at my map.

Happy hunting ^^
 Asura.Prophecyy
By Asura.Prophecyy 2014-12-06 15:57:13  
Hello Everyone.

Does anyone know where Handler's Earring is dropped? I cannot find any info on this whatsoever.

By Zoltar 2014-12-06 18:39:40  
When are the next Red Mog Pells coming out?
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-12-06 18:57:57  
Does Orion Braccea/Orion Braccea+1 increase the amount of racc Sharpshot gives over the normal AF?
 Odin.Phunkism
user: phunky
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-12-06 19:03:07  
Asura.Prophecyy said: »
Hello Everyone.

Does anyone know where Handler's Earring is dropped? I cannot find any info on this whatsoever.

Drops off Warblade beak. For most of the Unity drops you just need to speak to the Unity NPC. He tells you what upgrade materials you need for some of the items and you can figure out where it drops from that. In this case it's 50 Warblade beak's hide and 10,000 accolades.
 Asura.Prophecyy
By Asura.Prophecyy 2014-12-06 19:37:47  
Odin.Phunkism said: »
Asura.Prophecyy said: »
Hello Everyone.

Drops off Warblade beak. For most of the Unity drops you just need to speak to the Unity NPC. He tells you what upgrade materials you need for some of the items and you can figure out where it drops from that. In this case it's 50 Warblade beak's hide and 10,000 accolades.
Excellent! tyvm for your reply.
 Siren.Eternicide
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Eternicide 2014-12-06 23:18:20  
does anyone know if the Armored Chariot in Ara 2 count towards the mythic trial? or is it just Ara 1?
First Page 2 3 ... 332 333 334 ... 843 844 845