Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 330 331 332 ... 831 832 833
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberif
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Taberif
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberif 2014-11-24 01:10:30  
As far as I've seen the normal NM's popped via a drop item dont have proc's

after 15 cloaks id agree diremites around 10%
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-24 01:12:35  
The Matamata has a Blue proc, so it's just assumed that they all do.

But it's likely that they do not. Unless it's something, out there...
By Pantafernando 2014-11-24 02:24:41  
Cerberus.Ykfan said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Is there any website about the full story of Wings of the Godness storyline? I googled but failed to find any good spoiler to read with.

You want to know all the plot details?
Yeah, recently I back to solo the mission but not paying attention to the plot. I hope to read the plot again that may have more details for me to understand the story.

Youtube has cutscene videos, i just checked, kaoz1024 should have full storyline there.

I would advise you also to check soa storyline, i will finish it today, and i enjoyed every bit. Both wotg and soa are my favorites.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-11-25 15:22:15  
Is there a way to solo Fire in the Hole as a melee? I'm just not seeing how this is possible. I was planning to work on my alt's WotG missions this week and I'm stuck on this one (he only has melee jobs).
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-25 16:35:54  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Is there any website about the full story of Wings of the Godness storyline? I googled but failed to find any good spoiler to read with.

You want to know all the plot details?
Yeah, recently I am back to solo the mission but not paying attention to the plot. I hope to read the plot again that may have more details for me to understand the story.
You can just search for gobbie footprints to rewatch all the cs you want since you already finished them.
 Asura.Vinedrius
サーバ: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-11-26 04:47:49  
What is this supposed to mean from the latest update notes?

Quote:
"Bonuses for the following weapon skills that only applied at initial ranks will now be applied to all ranks.

Dancing Edge / Evisceration / Pyrrhic Kleos / Vorpal Blade / Swift Blade / Rampage / Decimation / Blade: Jin / Blade: Ku / Hexastrike / Exenterator / Chant du Cygne"
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-26 05:09:41  
I'm Quite curious about this:
Quote:
The maximum accuracy of one-handed weapons equipped as the main weapon will be increased from 95% to 99%.

THEY'RE GOING TO REMOVE THE ACCURACY FLOOR FOR SINGLE HANDED JOBS... HOLY ***.

The Previous question, I assume, means that FTP may now carry... making those WS absolutely god-tier broken.

Or that, the bonus's they refer to AKA; "tp bonus at 200%" will now apply at 100% instead.
By Pantafernando 2014-11-26 05:20:58  
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
I'm Quite curious about this:
Quote:
The maximum accuracy of one-handed weapons equipped as the main weapon will be increased from 95% to 99%.

THEY'RE GOING TO REMOVE THE ACCURACY FLOOR FOR SINGLE HANDED JOBS... HOLY ***.

The Previous question, I assume, means that FTP may now carry... making those WS absolutely god-tier broken.

Or that, the bonus's they refer to AKA; "tp bonus at 200%" will now apply at 100% instead.

I thought it would be ftp also, but evis, for example, it has ftp 1 already.

Im not sure, but does the tp bonus (crit rate+, for example) are just aplied to first hit? Maybe its that tp bonuses that will be applied to all hits in a multihit ws.
By Nyruul 2014-11-26 05:27:16  
they mean those WS's have a static multiplier value regardless of how much TP you have when you use it.

So like CDC will now work like Fudo and most GK WSs.
By Nyruul 2014-11-26 05:46:58  
Quote:
"Bonuses for the following weapon skills that only applied at initial ranks will now be applied to all ranks.
Dancing Edge / Evisceration / Pyrrhic Kleos / Vorpal Blade / Swift Blade / Rampage / Decimation / Blade: Jin / Blade: Ku / Hexastrike / Exenterator / Chant du Cygne"

^ All those examples have the same fTP from 1000-3000TP
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-11-26 06:00:34  
Nyruul said: »
they mean WS's that have a static multiplier value regardless of how much TP you have when you use it.

So WSs like CDC will now work like Fudo and most GK WSs.

CDC already has a static multiplier regardless of TP and TP only changes crit rate, but most GK WSs are "damage varies with TP". I don't see what you are trying to say.
By Nyruul 2014-11-26 06:05:08  
They are going to raise the fTP for those WSs at 2000% and 3000%.

Instead of it being static across the spectrum.
By Nyruul 2014-11-26 06:11:07  
Pantafernando said: »
Im not sure, but does the tp bonus (crit rate+, for example) are just aplied to first hit? Maybe its that tp bonuses that will be applied to all hits in a multihit ws.

lol if they did that we would replace DDs with whm/nin spamming hexastrike.
By gdiShun 2014-11-26 06:21:07  
Pretty sure all those weapon skills have buffs/debuffs that vary based on their TP, instead of an fTP increase. Soooo something to do with that? lol.
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-11-26 06:21:16  

Ok I get it now, but if they do that, the help text will need to say "damage and chance of critical hit varies with TP" and I don't remember any ws with 2 types of additional bonus related to the amount of TP.

If they make the ftp variable by TP for 2000 and 3000, then they would either make the crit rate static regardless of TP, or they would go out of their way and give those ws two bonus effects variable by TP.
By gdiShun 2014-11-26 06:23:43  

So then what does "The TP Bonuses for the following weapons will be increased." mean then? lol. I assumed that meant an fTP increase for 2000/3000 TP.
By Nyruul 2014-11-26 06:32:13  
gdiShun said: »

So then what does "The TP Bonuses for the following weapons will be increased." mean then? lol. I assumed that meant an fTP increase for 2000/3000 TP.

I dont think SE and the player base define everything with the same terms. I am pretty sure TP bonus on equipment applies to fTP ...So when SE says TP bonus they mean fTP
By Nyruul 2014-11-26 06:48:46  
Asura.Vinedrius said: »

Ok I get it now, but if they do that, the help text will need to say "damage and chance of critical hit varies with TP" and I don't remember any ws with 2 types of additional bonus related to the amount of TP.

If they make the ftp variable by TP for 2000 and 3000, then they would either make the crit rate static regardless of TP, or they would go out of their way and give those ws two bonus effects variable by TP.

Idk what they would do but I would imagine that fTP and crit rate would both scale and the comment would reflect that.
By gdiShun 2014-11-26 06:54:43  

I dont think SE and the player base define everything with the same terms. I am pretty sure TP bonus on equipment applies to fTP ...So when SE says TP bonus they mean fTP

Yes. So then why don't they use the same term if that's what they're doing in the 3rd group as well?

Here's how I'm interpreting it. The 1st group is just a general buff to stat mods and/or fTP probably depending on WS. The 2nd group, which I believe all have fTP that increases with 2000/3000, is getting that buffed. And the 3rd, I don't *** know. lol. But all of them have buffs that increase with fTP and are multi-hit.

It sounds like something that would only apply on the first hit, will apply to all hits now though. So maybe same fTP across all hits? Blade: Shun fits into that category of being multi-hit and having a buff that varies with TP but isn't there. But then, it's fTP already spans across all hits. So maybe that's what they're doing?
By Nyruul 2014-11-26 06:58:23  

Yes. So then why don't they use the same term if that's what they're doing in the 3rd group as well?

Here's how I'm interpreting it. The 1st group is just a general buff to stat mods and/or fTP probably depending on WS. The 2nd group, which I believe all have fTP that increases with 2000/3000, is getting that buffed. And the 3rd, I don't *** know. lol. But all of them have buffs that increase with fTP and are multi-hit.

It sounds like something that would only apply on the first hit, will apply to all hits now though. So maybe same fTP across all hits? Blade: Shun fits into that category of being multi-hit and having a buff that varies with TP but isn't there. But then, it's fTP already spans across all hits. So maybe that's what they're doing?

Quote:
Additional Attacks

For 1H and 2H Melee Weapons Skills Hits after the first (be it from double attack, triple attack or WSs that naturally hit more than once), all have an fTP of 1.0. Only the first hit is modified in "Damage varies with TP" Weaponskills.

For Ranged or multi-hit physical blue magic, the first hit fTP is mirrored by all future hits (including applicable Elemental Gorgets/Belts). This also applies to a new class of normal melee Weapon Skills, like Stardiver, Entropy, Resolution, and Blade: Shun. At the moment, melee weapon skills that follow this rule have it noted on their pages.
By gdiShun 2014-11-26 06:59:14  
Yep.
By Nyruul 2014-11-26 07:01:26  
I wasnt saying it applied to all hits. I dont think they are applying crit to all hits and that sounds like the other option.

Maybe but why would they say RANKS and not HITS
By Nyruul 2014-11-26 07:03:29  
Also if that was the case why in the heck would they put fTP 0.5 to all hits on Rampage?
By gdiShun 2014-11-26 07:17:24  
I wasnt saying it applied to all hits. I dont think they are applying crit to all hits and that sounds like the other option.

The same reason they don't use fTP?

Also if that was the case why in the heck would they put fTP 0.5 to all hits on Rampage?

I'm assuming they're buffing it...? lol.

But I'm not going to continue arguing something I don't even know myself. We'll just have to wait and see.
By Nyruul 2014-11-26 07:30:21  

The same reason they don't use fTP?

I'm assuming they're buffing it...? lol.

But I'm not going to continue arguing something I don't even know myself. We'll just have to wait and see.

I feel that goes beyond what they implied.

But yeah, we will see when it happens.
 Ragnarok.Zaenon
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Lonoha
By Ragnarok.Zaenon 2014-11-28 13:06:19  
Any idea of where I can find crabs in Adoulin?
Actually, are cracklaws counted as crabs? (I'd rather have land crab meat dropping crabs though)

I want 'em jerb points while I farm accolades
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-11-28 13:08:34  
Ragnarok.Zaenon said: »
Any idea of where I can find crabs in Adoulin?
Actually, are cracklaws counted as crabs? (I'd rather have land crab meat dropping crabs though)

I want 'em jerb points while I farm accolades

There's a ton of them in Rala Waterways.
 Ragnarok.Zaenon
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Lonoha
By Ragnarok.Zaenon 2014-11-28 13:16:17  
Ohhh of course. Thanks a lot.
By Pantafernando 2014-11-29 19:51:44  
Hi.

So, how exactly work muyingwa dmg type resistance?

Last i read, someone said the phase was blunt > piercing > slashing > magic, being the mechanism if you deal those types of dmg, the dt increase.

Is that correct?

Last run i did, writing my average ws dmg, with sam sam cor as dds, i went namas for first 25%, fudo (disengaged the cor) for 75-50, so i was hoping zero reduction at 50%, but still my namas dropped from 6196 (average) to 3700 in 50-25, so basically, the first info was wrong, and muyingwa still build its dt.

So, thoughts?
First Page 2 3 ... 330 331 332 ... 831 832 833