users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » [Dev] Xbox Freezing, Voidwatch, and Tanaka Issues
[Dev] Xbox Freezing, Voidwatch, and Tanaka Issues
 Carbuncle.Sambb
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-02-16 08:44:05  
I have the freeze for a sec thing when moving to a new zone on xbox also. As for using a PC, well I dont want to I play other games on my "lolbox" why should I? I shouldn't have to and clearly there is enough people playing lol box ffxi for the team to actually give a damn to even fix it.

I have nothing against PC users its your preference but don't give me stick for mine.

Also this goes Vice versa to people on consol giving digs to PC users, aint no point if they want a window telling them ustu ni is up in 15 seconds so be it.

Edit: hell this game is becoming so easy mode you dont even need windower... little things like having the number of your shadows left because people couldn't mentally count it seems on shadows is proof enough.

Back to topic go go fix I hope it works well when its implemented!!
 Asura.Hit
サーバ: Asura
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2012-02-16 09:09:09  
Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
sadly my ps3 still freezes on random npcs... froze trying to enter mob house in Ru'Lude Gardens.. and on the porting npc in upper jeuno, sometimes on my ps2 it freezes on the taru who ports in aht urghan.

though its a lot easier to reset a ps3 than ps2. so i don't care too much, and sometimes if i wait long enough (5 mins, ask for sammich) it fixes itself. but ya besieged on ps2 sucked because it would sometimes blackscreen

Ask and you shall receive.
[+]
 Cerberus.Sevvy
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Sevvy
By Cerberus.Sevvy 2012-02-16 09:43:33  
I read all of Tanaka's comments and I didn't get a single word of it, cept "yuh we messed up guys, but it doesn't matter anyways because most JP players dont own Xbox"
 Shiva.Gib
サーバ: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2012-02-16 09:45:55  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
FFXI has been crashing for me recently any time I change job at a Nomad Moogle. It's very strange. Meh. Probably completely unrelated given that I'm playing on PC, but meh.
Do a file check from the POL Viewer, that will probably fix that

Also I started playing the game on the XBox Beta... and it's had problems freezing since day one. I think like we besieged would hit like the 45 min mark it would freeze, and extra long campaign battles would freeze too.

I think it's funny that they're looking into this... what, 5 years later?
 Sylph.Lockepick
サーバ: Sylph
user: Lockepick
By Sylph.Lockepick 2012-02-16 10:26:03  
If everyone casts a spell at the same time in Port Jeuno beside the guide stone would the server explode?
 Asura.Akamatzu
サーバ: Asura
user: Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2012-02-16 10:38:02  
I froze this morning during a Akvan VW group so it's not 100%
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-02-16 10:40:23  
FFXI has been crashing for me recently any time I change job at a Nomad Moogle. It's very strange. Meh. Probably completely unrelated given that I'm playing on PC, but meh.

Are you two boxing when you change? It happens a lot to me in Nashmau and Tav safehold.
By Xorn 2012-02-16 10:41:55  
Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread, but logging out then back in quickly between each fight solves the problem completely (to the login screen only). I recently started relogging only after the 2nd fight (which means once per run) and I haven't crashed yet, but I haven't been doing that long enough to say if it works 100%. Zoning has the same effect as relogging.
 Bahamut.Darkone
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Darkone 2012-02-16 10:45:20  
Have any of you tried to use tractor on someone who is playing on the 360 and see if they still have to restart? As doesn't tractor cause the zone to reload?
By Xorn 2012-02-16 10:46:06  
Never tried tractor, no. But I can guarantee you that if you tried it, and the person you tried it on says it took longer than normal to zone, then it worked.
By Xorn 2012-02-16 11:01:04  
Phoenix.Archeim said: »
Every time i zone from any area into any other area my xbox freezes for a bit... then unfreezes. Anyone else have that issue?

It just hangs for 2-3 seconds then goes back to normal? I get that.
 Odin.Elmodfz
サーバ: Odin
user: Elmodfz
By Odin.Elmodfz 2012-02-16 11:02:32  
I actually didn't understand anything that original post said lol, the only important bit was the freezing issue was being addressed and hopefully fixed. Not that I do Voidwatch, and my 360 doesn't freeze hardly at all except if I've been in abyssea for 6 hours.

As for the PC windower arguement, I used to play on PC and couldn't get windower to work so not everyone on PC uses it. I can't stand playing on PC as mine can't run FFXI without it being slow and laggy. Xbox ftw!
By Xorn 2012-02-16 11:14:07  
Pretty sure the Abyssea freezing thing is due to overheating. Voidwatch is different.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-16 11:48:50  
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Are you two boxing when you change? It happens a lot to me in Nashmau and Tav safehold.

It happens to the wife while two-boxing, happens to me solo. Two different rigs. I used to get occasionaly weird crashes when two-boxing, but haven't had any that appear related to that since I got this current PC.

It's very strange.
 Valefor.Houppelande
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2012-02-16 11:56:55  
Xorn said: »
Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread, but logging out then back in quickly between each fight solves the problem completely (to the login screen only). I recently started relogging only after the 2nd fight (which means once per run) and I haven't crashed yet, but I haven't been doing that long enough to say if it works 100%. Zoning has the same effect as relogging.

This works, but not all the time.

I have logged out right after a fight and still crashed :/
 Shiva.Thejew
サーバ: Shiva
user: TheJewv2
By Shiva.Thejew 2012-02-16 12:38:24  
I think the issue on xbox when you have that mini freeze up after a zone is due to loading your invo, but one thing I have noticed is that on my main I have the freeze but my mules I do not granted they have way less gear ect on them to load or if it re-loading the whole character b/c they also haven't left the home town. all I know is it is very annoying when you are in a rush to get somewhere b/c something is waiting on you in the pool in another zone or something else. I just bought the new MW3 console when it came out and I thought it something on the new one that was keeping me from freezing but then I had my 1st freeze on my new console yesterday in VW my old xbox Elite would freeze almost once a day and I would hit the power button and when it would go to power off I would hear the HDD make a clicking noise has anyone else had that problem?
 Bismarck.Markas
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2012-02-16 13:18:00  
i read the title to this thread and my first thought was that they were going to rope in tanaka and his barance fetish.
By Makado 2012-02-16 13:20:16  
I play on Xbox and have freezing issues. They started with besieged then i started to freeze in abyssea if i was in a zone for too long. And now VW i can do 1 maybe 2 fights then i have to log or my xbox will freeze. What's even worse is 2 times when i had froze i had logged back in to my whole game being in japanese. No idea why it does that but a few others say it happened to them. So yeah hope they resolve this issue soon.
By Xorn 2012-02-16 14:24:13  
Valefor.Houppelande said: »

This works, but not all the time.

I have logged out right after a fight and still crashed :/

Hmm. It works 100% of the time for me, and if I don't it's a 100% guarantee that I will crash. Did you crash in the first fight immediately after you logged, or after a couple more fights? I've always logged out after each fight and I've never crashed since I started that. For the past few days, though, I've only been logging after every second fight and I have yet to crash.

I also keep all the effects filters on. Maybe that helps.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2012-02-16 14:38:28  
Xbox 720 will fix this memory issue! Silly 360 limitations.

But really it gets annoying when a ton of ppl d/c mid VW fight or have to log off and on. On my server there are usually 3-4+ ppl that are xbox users in pickup VW runs.
By Makado 2012-02-16 14:48:40  
Logging off then on isnt a big deal i can relog b4 the chest can disappear i usually have to wait a few min before the ??? respawns. The prob is i shouldn't have to relog or face a mid fight or 99% dead freeze then lose my chest cuz i had to restart my system which also says i may have corrupted data because of it.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2012-02-16 15:20:13  
That's not the case anymore since they introduced the relinquish items option to the chest this past update. People can now actually clear the chest.

I get what you are saying tho. I can imagine how aggravating that must be to d/c and lose your rewards.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-16 19:23:38  
Thread title is misleading. I really, really hoped they were addressing the fact that a very vocal percentage of the fanbase thinks Tanaka is a jackass.

Very dissapointed. ._.;
I thought it was funny~ :p
 Bismarck.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Bismarck.Anjisnu 2012-02-16 19:32:14  
why do i have a feeling that if they do manage a fix it wont work on the model i have
 Bismarck.Markas
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2012-02-16 19:39:26  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Thread title is misleading. I really, really hoped they were addressing the fact that a very vocal percentage of the fanbase thinks Tanaka is a jackass.

Very dissapointed. ._.;
I thought it was funny~ :p
she gains sustenance from the tears of our crushed hopes
By lilcratis 2012-02-17 01:46:36  
this has been a problem with besieged for 5 years for x-box players and no1 does WoE anymore...you also freeze in old dynamis runs like right b4 you fight the dynamis lord...this has been a known issue for years so why bother now? x-box players have accepted thier role of the red-headed stepchild in SE's eyes.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-17 01:50:44  
lilcratis said: »
this has been a problem with besieged for 5 years for x-box players and no1 does WoE anymore...you also freeze in old dynamis runs like right b4 you fight the dynamis lord...this has been a known issue for years so why bother now? x-box players have accepted thier role of the red-headed stepchild in SE's eyes.
It's simple, SE made the game to be where we only do 1-2 events now, and crashing before every VW battle looks worse for them than before DL or w/e~

They really don't care if you crash or not lol.
By lilcratis 2012-02-17 02:18:31  
i think it has to do with your upgraded/augmented gear because if you empty your inventory completely or if your on a mule that has no gear it doesnt freeze after zoning for a couple seconds
 Phoenix.Archeim
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Archeim
By Phoenix.Archeim 2012-02-17 08:24:00  
tried to fight the ADL last night and complete freeze :(

I noticed that for the normal few second lag i have while zoning and the first few seconds in any zone when i can move around the linkpearl doesnt register... could be related... meh.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-29 20:10:14  
02-29-2012 05:09 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

There was another update from Yoji Fujito in regards to the Xbox 360 freezing issue during Voidwatch that I would like to share with you all.

Yoji Fujito said:
Thank you very much for your patience.
I’d like to report that we are in our final adjustment phase for the program fixes of the areas that are causing the freezing issue.

Currently, we’ve run our tests and the edited program is displaying the behavior that we envisioned.
However, there are still some bugs that are left, similar to what was expressed in Producer Tanaka’s previous comment.

We are at the point where we would really like to prepare a Xbox 360 version test server and have everyone check this out, but the test server is setup for the Windows versions and it is not possible.
Since the Xbox 360 version functions with a system that is similar to the Windows version, we will apply the same treatment to the Windows version and monitor the situation. Since the Windows version itself has a large amount of effects that consume a lot of memory, this should also lighten this up as well.
Also, this current issue has to do with effect textures, so it will be possible to fix this without affecting the specs if this bug occurs.

We would really appreciate it if everyone who tests the game on the test server could keep an eye out for this and send in reports.

Things to observe:
All effects. Below are examples:

• Effects when players use weapon skills, magic, and abilities

• Effects when enemies use their abilities

• Effects displayed in cut scenes

• Effects from item and equipment usage

What to look for:

• Texture glitches

• Freezing (effect data corruption or editing program bug)

In the case that any of the above problems occur, please let us know with a detailed bug report what happened and in what case it happened.

Also, once everything is running properly on the test server we will applying the edit program to a version update in the near future.

Thank you all very much for your cooperation and support.
Subscribe