フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » July Patch - PLD
July Patch - PLD
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Carbuncle.Sanders
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2011-07-11 13:22:27  
*The paladin ability Cover now raises enmity towards the paladin and lowers enmity towards the party member under attack.
*The effect duration for the paladin ability Cover now takes into account the paladin's VIT.
*The paladin ability Shield Bash now grants a damage bonus based on the type of shield used.
*The paladin ability Divine Emblem now grants a damage bonus to Holy and Banish spells based on the player's divine magic skill.

Outside of abyssea: fantastic, sounds like a welcome boost. Since cover used to just give PLD a tiny window to regain hate from a party member, now it does that itself. However, inside of abyssea unless the enmity fluctuation is substantial, I'm not sure it would assist much in helping a PLD compete with DDs at the enmity cap. Also perhaps now that duration is based on VIT, cover's effect could last nearer the recast, making it a sort of stance. If that's the case, it's something that I hoped for, suppressing party enmity while increasing the PLD's (THF can collaborator every minute for comparison).

As for the SB/DE... the base recast timers are still 5min and 10min. So since it reads like random extra damage: likely meh.

Going to test these out after maint. and see what happens.

**EDIT**

Cover
During the test, the duration was approx. 15sec. No noticeable change from prepatch. Enmity fluctuation was no noticeable. Going to retest and make note of VIT.

Shield Bash
Size 1: 25dmg
Size 3: 65dmg
Size 4: 91dmg
Ochain: 26dmg**
Aegis: 277dmg**

Divine Emblem
Divine Skill 267
Holy: 209
DE + Holy: 763

Divine Skill 341
DE + Holy: 917**

**These numbers were told to me by PLDs with those shields/skill level.
 Phoenix.Gustavve
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Gustavve
By Phoenix.Gustavve 2011-07-11 13:47:27  
Pld has no place in abyss anyhow.

Welcome adjustment though.
[+]
 Bismarck.Aerison
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-07-11 13:53:12  
be interesting to see how much the damage is increased with aegis and if its a flat +damage or +%damage.
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2011-07-11 15:04:16  
Honestly, I feel these should have been implemented long, long ago ; ;
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kwontess
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Kwontess
By Lakshmi.Kwontess 2011-07-11 15:43:19  
Just to confirm, I went out to Qufim with 90 Ochain and shield bash did 25 damage on seeker bats.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-07-11 15:47:01  
The shield bash results are a bit interesting.

We'll have to nail down the enmity effects from cover and exact duration improvement from Vit. I'll see if I can get some tests done tonight.

Quite surprised by the boost to holy though.. 1k instant damage (when non resisted) is nothing to scoff at, though once every 10 min is frustrating.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-07-11 15:53:09  
sounds like a emerg maintence to fix ochain bash prob screwed up cus the increased block rate making it think it a smaller shield.
 Ragnarok.Amonk
user: Amonk
By Ragnarok.Amonk 2011-07-11 16:26:42  
With no merits, Cover duration from VIT is capped at 30 seconds. Went into abyssea and stacked up to 300 VIT.

~20 seconds with 160 VIT.
~29 seconds with 195 VIT.

I can't be exact but I believe the 30 second cap is reached at 200 VIT.
 Phoenix.Vael
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2011-07-11 16:41:14  
Sounds like it doesn't improve a whole lot...
 Phoenix.Neosutra
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-07-11 16:43:49  
30 seconds of cover is pretty damned good, with the combination of enmity increase on yourself and decrease on your target.
 Ragnarok.Amonk
user: Amonk
By Ragnarok.Amonk 2011-07-11 16:47:53  
I don't have Cover merited, but would assume it would be 50 seconds because of 30 from VIT and 20 from merits?
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-07-11 16:48:20  
What? Is PLD actually getting a boost? You're not just toying with my emotions, right?
 Carbuncle.Blazer
user: blazey
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2011-07-11 16:51:39  
so sad my ochain does the same bash damage as a buckler :(. YW for your numbers btw :P lol.
 Cerberus.Lightvision
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2011-07-11 16:55:44  
with kieser shield, boxers mantle, Valor hands, Creed and buckler earring, shield torque creed armet +2, Galant Leggings +2, capped skill + capped shield merits i done 75dmg shield bash nefore i was seing ~43dng

oiver all PLD never got much interms of buffs the only one that seems usefull is Cover but its very situational at best if people are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE about being covered, i remember lvling PLD and people running away when i cover them, that made me make a tell macro

/t <lastst> Stop!!!! Cover , run away! = imma let you die

people stopped moving after that

as for Divine emblem:-

Target: Sauromungue Skink
Holy: 173dmg
DE + Holy: 777dmg
used same mob, used holy on its own first then used holy with DE to kill the mob

Banish 2: 107dmg
DE + Banish 2: 586dmg
used same mob, used Banish 2 on its own first then used Banish 2 with DE to kill the mob

not gonna test every 10 mins for 20 hours to get some decent averages, now all SE needs to do is lower the recast
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-07-11 17:07:04  
Did a 2293 holy on a skele in KRT. Although I was stacking MND/skill/MAB/gear+holy circle+Lightsday for that.

I'll do some useful testing once I'm done having fun with it. XD
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-07-11 17:31:00  
Ragnarok.Martel said:
Did a 2293 holy on a skele in KRT. Although I was stacking MND/skill/MAB/gear+holy circle+Lightsday for that.

so all the plds gonna be scrambling to gt mab/mnd/potency gear now huh:)

hey wasnt there a ring that augmented bash from one the past stronghold box bcnm thinngs?
 Sylph.Rorrick
サーバ: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-07-11 17:58:44  
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Ragnarok.Martel said:

so all the plds gonna be scrambling to gt mab/mnd/potency gear now huh:)

hey wasnt there a ring that augmented bash from one the past stronghold box bcnm thinngs?

The not stupid ones have those sets already for farming PDT/MDT rings in the Highlands.
 Fenrir.Unleashhell
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Unleashhell 2011-07-11 18:04:12  
My level 90 Aegis does the same shield bash as before (280). So no update on that it seems.
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
user: subakyo
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-07-11 18:04:44  
Yeah, Holy for 1.7k.

But my 99,999 Cure IV was more impressive.

I want THAT Ja
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-11 18:05:54  
Never knew light potency/mnd helped with AE and Cataclysm.
 Bahamut.Zellc
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-07-11 18:44:06  
so since ochain blocks near 100%(if not100% ive yet to see it not block since ive had it for the past two or three days) shield bash does the same dmg as a small shield. less chance for shield proc = more bash dmg. i cant really complain though, id much rather block most or all the time than have a ja like shield bash do a few more dmg.
 Bismarck.Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-07-11 18:48:14  
Bahamut.Zellc said:
so since ochain blocks near 100%(if not100% ive yet to see it not block since ive had it for the past two or three days) shield bash does the same dmg as a small shield. less chance for shield proc = more bash dmg. i cant really complain though, id much rather block most or all the time than have a ja like shield bash do a few more dmg.

nothing is 100%
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-07-11 19:02:06  
Bismarck.Aerison said:
Bahamut.Zellc said:

nothing is 100%

i dont doubt you, but has any other 90 ochain user ever seen it not block? outside of being petrified and stunned or having you back to the mob >.> lol
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-07-11 20:34:28  
no one? anyone? i know there are a bunch out there that are made by now lol
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-07-11 20:35:41  
Ochain is 100% when capped block rate.
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-07-11 20:42:04  
ty. i figured as much, though it was all eye balling. glad to know im not insane.
 Bismarck.Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-07-11 20:46:11  
Bahamut.Zellc said:
Bismarck.Aerison said:
Bahamut.Zellc said:

nothing is 100%

i dont doubt you, but has any other 90 ochain user ever seen it not block? outside of being petrified and stunned or having you back to the mob >.> lol

No ive personally never seen it not block, but that doesn't mean it doesn't not block(lol bad English). That being said ochain is a beast, the other pld in my shell cast raise uninterrupted with like 15+ mobs on them. Two plds one with aegis and one with ochain absolutely destroys voidwatch.
By Quiznor 2011-07-11 20:47:55  
Cerberus.Lightvision said:
with kieser shield, boxers mantle, Valor hands, Creed and buckler earring, shield torque creed armet +2, Galant Leggings +2, capped skill + capped shield merits i done 75dmg shield bash nefore i was seing ~43dng

oiver all PLD never got much interms of buffs the only one that seems usefull is Cover but its very situational at best if people are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE about being covered, i remember lvling PLD and people running away when i cover them, that made me make a tell macro

/t <lastst> Stop!!!! Cover , run away! = imma let you die

people stopped moving after that

as for Divine emblem:-

Holy: 173dmg
DE + Holy: 777dmg
used same mob, used holy on its own first then used holy with DE to kill the mob

Banish 2: 107dmg
DE + Banish 2: 586dmg
used same mob, used Banish 2 on its own first then used Banish 2 with DE to kill the mob

not gonna test every 10 mins for 20 hours to get some decent averages, now all SE needs to do is lower the recast

Gallant leggings +2?!!? j/k
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-07-11 21:06:17  
Bismarck.Aerison said:
Bahamut.Zellc said:
Bismarck.Aerison said:
Bahamut.Zellc said:

nothing is 100%

No ive personally never seen it not block, but that doesn't mean it doesn't not block(lol bad English). That being said ochain is a beast, the other pld in my shell cast raise uninterrupted with like 15+ mobs on them. Two plds one with aegis and one with ochain absolutely destroys voidwatch.

haha yea i get it now and sorry for the confusion on the way i said it. but yea our shell plans to take on more voidwatch now that the aegis pld in shell is almost done with souls and can do the dragon in a few days to have the second ochain.

but here is my question: i know aegis isnt gimp, but with both shields in possession, would said pld just equip aegis when being casted on? its not like it doesnt block at all, but just not as much as a ochain.
 Carbuncle.Sanders
user: Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2011-07-11 21:33:28  
Bahamut.Zellc said:

but here is my question: i know aegis isnt gimp, but with both shields in possession, would said pld just equip aegis when being casted on? its not like it doesnt block at all, but just not as much as a ochain.

Sounds likely unless you mean to swap in aegis for shield bash =P

Carbuncle.Blazer said:

so sad my ochain does the same bash damage as a buckler :(. YW for your numbers btw :P lol.

Glad to have had the company for the romp in sauromogue~
First Page 2 3 4 5 6