First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bahamut.Zellc
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-07-11 21:49:04  
Carbuncle.Sanders said:
Bahamut.Zellc said:

but here is my question: i know aegis isnt gimp, but with both shields in possession, would said pld just equip aegis when being casted on? its not like it doesnt block at all, but just not as much as a ochain.

Sounds likely unless you mean to swap in aegis for shield bash =P

Carbuncle.Blazer said:

so sad my ochain does the same bash damage as a buckler :(. YW for your numbers btw :P lol.

Glad to have had the company for the romp in sauromogue~

i guess the bash would stop the spell from going off but i originally meant for the shield to be equipped so the damaging spell doesn't do so much dmg. either way it would be sad to see a relic like that reduced to being a macro piece. if u dont care about losing your tp that is.
 Cerberus.Lightvision
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2011-07-11 22:53:59  
the way i see it, if you have both Aegis and ochain, if a mob is nuke heave i'd use aegis over ochain if a mob hits hard and fast then i'use ochain.

but in the end of the day they both become situational, and i'd pick Aegis over an ochain if i had to choose 1
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-07-11 23:00:25  
Phoenix.Gustavve said:
Pld has no place in abyss anyhow.

Welcome adjustment though.
Who gives a ***?Can't ppl just play a job in abyssea because they want to, people like you makes me want to kill kittens.GTFO MNKS! PLD ONRY!(Joking of course...)
[+]
 Bismarck.Aerison
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-07-11 23:01:12  
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Phoenix.Gustavve said:

Who gives a ***?Can't ppl just play a job in abyssea because they want to, people like you makes me want to kill kittens.GTFO MNKS! PLD ONRY!(Joking of course...)
lol okay...
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-11 23:02:16  
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Phoenix.Gustavve said:

I love plds. We just never use any. People generally need to be on another job since we run relatively low man and pld doesn't have a good niche there.

Lemme put it this way. If I'm allowed to come drk, someone could come pld. (I have mnk and war at 90).

I also don't do voidwatch yet, so that will probably change. Just standard abyssea needs blm/blu/whm/mnk/nin/war. =S Hope I'm not coming across as a ***.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-07-11 23:03:22  
Bismarck.Aerison said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Phoenix.Gustavve said:

lol okay...
It's hot as hell in canada tonight, I had to release the rage.Sorry

I love pld tho, no matter what ppl say about his usefullness.
 Siren.Jingles
サーバ: Siren
user: Jingles
By Siren.Jingles 2011-07-11 23:08:01  
Honestly, while MNK and WAR are more useful in Aby, a lot of times people end up coming whatever. I have a friend who has Almace/Ochain and she's a total beast and usually ends up dual-tanking with her BF (usually Kannagi!Nin or Vere!Mnk) and we've never really had much of an issue. PLD's great for duo/trio on super casty stuff.
By Quiznor 2011-07-11 23:09:34  
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Bismarck.Aerison said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Phoenix.Gustavve said:

lol okay...

No,thats just you >_>;;

But yeah I agree.I love PLD (as much as its my 3rd job,and also pre-abyssea) its fun as hell to play,thats why I'm working on ochain and almace (for PLD and BLU) but admittedly its gonna be more useful for my PLD I'd say.Its always just fun to use/do stuff on.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-07-11 23:16:15  
Quiznor said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Bismarck.Aerison said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Phoenix.Gustavve said:

lol okay...

No,thats just you >_>;;

But yeah I agree.I love PLD (as much as its my 3rd job,and also pre-abyssea) its fun as hell to play,thats why I'm working on ochain and almace (for PLD and BLU) but admittedly its gonna be more useful for my PLD I'd say.Its always just fun to use/do stuff on.
I am working on a friend ochain (*** ^#@&%#(@(%# Colorless soul, jesus christ 19 more, I can't wait) and Almace (with all those *** JPs camping gukumaz and us only getting hequet in chest), makes me want to kill kittens already so really doubt I will ever love pld that much =(.

I already wanted to commit suicid after his excal trial to 85 (before the *** patch <.<) and aegis trial wich wasnt so bad but terribly annoying due to ppl spamming sandy/beauc and make ppl pay for getting trial done.

I think I am really raging tonight >.>, personally havent even made my mind yet on wich empy I would do.Doing every1's empy maked me decid to don't do any for now, I am burned =(
 Bismarck.Aerison
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-07-11 23:19:54  
Canadians...
By Quiznor 2011-07-11 23:23:54  
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Quiznor said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Bismarck.Aerison said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Phoenix.Gustavve said:

lol okay...

No,thats just you >_>;;

I am working on a friend ochain (*** ^#@&%#(@(%# Colorless soul, jesus christ 19 more, I can't wait) and Almace (with all those *** JPs camping gukumaz and us only getting hequet in chest), makes me want to kill kittens already so really doubt I will ever love pld that much =(.

I already wanted to commit suicid after his excal trial to 85 (before the *** patch <.<) and aegis trial wich wasnt so bad but terribly annoying due to ppl spamming sandy/beauc and make ppl pay for getting trial done.

I think I am really raging tonight >.>, personally havent even made my mind yet on wich empy I would do.Doing every1's empy maked me decid to don't do any for now, I am burned =(

Yeah,sounds like you've got a bad case of the RAGE going on :o
I've helped build around 20+ empyreans in some way/shape/form but have kinda spread myself too thin to an extent and burned myself out a bit.Also only have 3 not finished empyreans for myself @_@
Those souls though....I swear to god I've almost quit the game a few times over them so far @_@

....now im getting frustrated just thinking about it!!! >:(
By Quiznor 2011-07-11 23:24:18  
Bismarck.Aerison said:
Canadians...

Im irish idk what you're talking about >_>
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-07-11 23:27:19  
Bismarck.Aerison said:
Canadians...
y u no like? :(
I am nice and cuddly.
 Phoenix.Gustavve
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Gustavve
By Phoenix.Gustavve 2011-07-11 23:37:58  
@ Van - I'm not bashing pld in abyssea just to bash it. When I came back to the game the first thing I did was get pld 90 , aegis 90 and gear my pld for lvl 90 and cap all my skills (including divine magic). If I'm going to abyss its for farming seals/+2's , ki farming , or blue proc. This means our setups are thf/blm/whm for grellow , war/nin/whm and mnk/ thf or war / whm. I'd love to play pld more but its just a waste of time for me atm. If we have extra ppl and I can come w/e its gonna be war so we can kill faster. I guess once I finish a few empy's I can blow time abyss but right now I have to cleave myself to 120 mins atlesat 2 times a week because stones @0 or 1.

Excal 85 trials are still annoying. I have a friends account thats still @80 kills that I haven't finished.

@75 I was 24/7 pld and loved it. I miss ; ;
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-07-11 23:42:06  
Phoenix.Gustavve said:
@ Van - I'm not bashing pld in abyssea just to bash it. When I came back to the game the first thing I did was get pld 90 , aegis 90 and gear my pld for lvl 90 and cap all my skills (including divine magic). If I'm going to abyss its for farming seals/+2's , ki farming , or blue proc. This means our setups are thf/blm/whm for grellow , war/nin/whm and mnk/ thf or war / whm. I'd love to play pld more but its just a waste of time for me atm. If we have extra ppl and I can come w/e its gonna be war so we can kill faster. I guess once I finish a few empy's I can blow time abyss but right now I have to cleave myself to 120 mins atlesat 2 times a week because stones @0 or 1.

Excal 85 trials are still annoying. I have a friends account thats still @80 kills that I haven't finished.

@75 I was 24/7 pld and loved it. I miss ; ;
Oh I understand your feeling.Having DRK 75 for like 5 years and I still deal with the "OMFG VAN YOU HAZ DRK, ABYSSEA BURNED?!" and I'm like jesus......Loving mages jobs killed me =(
By Quiznor 2011-07-11 23:42:40  
Slight topic derail,might make a topic about it depending on replies.But has anyone tried out PLD/MNK for certain things?

An Aegis/Almace 90 PLD in my LS has been dual boxing his way to an ochain,and he said a JP taru aegis/almace PLD/MNK outpopped him one day and did so much better,whenever his shield didnt proc,counter did.Was practically undamagable.Now he uses PLD/MNK for farming that ever since.Anyone have any experience with this setup? Im completely in the dark about what gear/atma/ja's or anything he used.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-07-11 23:47:51  
Quiznor said:
Slight topic derail,might make a topic about it depending on replies.But has anyone tried out PLD/MNK for certain things?

An Aegis/Almace 90 PLD in my LS has been dual boxing his way to an ochain,and he said a JP taru aegis/almace PLD/MNK outpopped him one day and did so much better,whenever his shield didnt proc,count did.Was practically undamagable.Now he uses PLD/MNK for farming that ever since.Anyone have any experience with this setup? Im completely in the dark about what gear/atma/ja's or anything he used.

I personally don't have mnk, but some friend tried DRK/MNK with some pretty good result.Did saw a JP PLD killing fafnir solo as pld/mnk using ochain.He litterally destroyed it.Not sure why but flail spike was doing 0 damage to him, guessed ochain did that.Not sure, I am pretty much a pld tard kinda, I LOVE the job and I do my best to gear it.But I don't much understand yet all the technical related to that job.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-07-11 23:50:02  
Going to bed before I say more stupid things that I could severely regret tomorrow ;p Good night guys and gals.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-11 23:51:17  
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Quiznor said:

An Aegis/Almace 90 PLD in my LS has been dual boxing his way to an ochain,and he said a JP taru aegis/almace PLD/MNK outpopped him one day and did so much better,whenever his shield didnt proc,count did.Was practically undamagable.Now he uses PLD/MNK for farming that ever since.Anyone have any experience with this setup? Im completely in the dark about what gear/atma/ja's or anything he used.

I personally don't have mnk, but some friend tried DRK/MNK with some pretty good result.Did saw a JP PLD killing fafnir solo as pld/mnk using ochain.He litterally destroyed it.Not sure why but flail spike was doing 0 damage to him, guessed ochain did that.Not sure, I am pretty much a pld tard kinda, I LOVE the job and I do my best to gear it.But I don't much understand yet all the technical related to that job.

Drk/mnk is extremely fun. Do recommend if you get mnk up.

Nigh D=

and for atmas I used what I use on mnk. RR/GH/AoA. Works really well and the subtle blow from the agi on GH is really noticeable.
By Quiznor 2011-07-11 23:52:45  
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Quiznor said:

My MNK is only 24,I've been levelling it whenever I could,was fun and would be my only proper DD job.Planning on levelling it to 90 the old fashion way (well,to 75 at least) but getting my brown/black belt and full usu before I start levelling it.

Anyway thats not the point.

But it shows my personal lack of detailed knowledge on using the job and how to specifically play it or even use it as a subjob.After the PLD saying it in LSchat and him now using it to farm,it does make me realize that the census #1 subjob for WAR is MNK.With retaliation and counter,makes sense.Although my best friend in the game is a beastly MNK,so I should ask him in more detail.

Anyone else with experience with it?
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-11 23:56:12  
With Ochain's 100% block rate, it would make the defense nerf that counterstance gives a lot less painful, while giving yourself a 50-60% counter rate. I don't think it would come out ahead of war for offensive purposes, but it's a pretty fun defensive subjob.
[+]
By Quiznor 2011-07-12 00:00:29  
Bahamut.Serj said:
With Ochain's 100% block rate, it would make the defense nerf that counterstance gives a lot less painful, while giving yourself a 50-60% counter rate. I don't think it would come out ahead of war for offensive purposes, but it's a pretty fun defensive subjob.

Well,he uses Aegis/Almace.so the counter would make up the other % of when shield doesnt block I suppose?
 Ragnarok.Amonk
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Amonk
By Ragnarok.Amonk 2011-07-12 00:02:22  
What Serj said. It's great for things that are physical damage, for when you have Ochain (or reprisal), things that don't dispel, and PvP. Roaring laughter and GH makes for even more fun.

Edit: Counter procs before shield, but same concept.
 Asura.Natenn
サーバ: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2011-07-12 00:22:25  
Well this tricky, Aegis PLD i have SB 5/5 & Sentinel 5/5, guess i should take out SB recast and go Cover+Sentinel 5/5 now? I know ill be spamming cover on a WAR or SAM now at VWNM throw my Damage taken- and Shield skill gear up and just let them go to town on it.
 Phoenix.Gustavve
By Phoenix.Gustavve 2011-07-12 00:40:12  
Natenn I have Aegis but with 5/5 Sent 5/5 Rampart recast. Paired with a few iron will merits you can have :45 seconds of 100% spir every 4:10 with only a few pieces of gear. Maybe something to consider.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2011-07-12 00:42:47  
100% spir? wuts spir?
 Phoenix.Gustavve
By Phoenix.Gustavve 2011-07-12 00:43:08  
Spell interruption rate

If you use spellcast iirc it's buffactive "magic shield".
 Cerberus.Cleaverr
user: Cleaver
By Cerberus.Cleaverr 2011-07-12 00:48:27  
Phoenix.Gustavve said:

Sad thing is your a 90 pld with Aegis and have no idea how to use it.
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2011-07-12 00:51:02  
oh ok, but with capped shield+merits i block most the time anyway. Only use PLD for VWNM now and /NIN still more effective then /WAR so im blinking or blocking most dmg and don't need spir. with the cover boost im better off 5/5 sent and cover sine iron just gonna camp behind me with zerk or hasso w/e job is on and go ape ***on VWNMs since he can for 50s and not have hate afterwards.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-07-12 02:30:58  
Post maintenance test. Shield bash still doing 25 dmg with Ochain...