フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » July Patch - PLD
July Patch - PLD
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Phoenix.Neosutra
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-07-22 10:54:59  
Because empyrean weapons were hard before?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2011-07-22 16:47:32  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:

Well, a few things
1) 1) COR shots only add 20% damage to the matching element when the COR is using AF3+2 boots.
2) Warding/Holy/whatever Circle only give a 5% damage boost. Killer Instinct (BST merit JA) gives 15%, but not the others.
3) If one thing gives +20% and another thing gave +15%, they'd actually give +38% if combined
4) Wildfire CORs do so much damage because of Wildfire's dSTAT term. For most elemental weaponskills it is capped at 32, but Wildfire's is both uncapped and doubled. Fire Shot, Griffin Claw, Vulcan's Staff, etc. don't hurt, but that's not why the weaponskill is so good when brewed.
5) (reading up the page) Most Abyssea NMs have substantial (like 40~60) MDB.

#1 yeh i said with the boots.

#2 I dunno where ur getting ur info from but from personal experience the circles give 15% as well. Killer instinct is basically equal to a circle ability in strength it is just more adaptable.

#3 Yeh if they were calculated at separate times. I don't know the order the game does the math in so i just lumped it all in to be generic.

#4 I said "One of the reasons." Yeh its a great WS for brew for lots of reasons. And one of the reasons cor rocks it so well is Fire shot with emp +2 feet.

#5 Most. What's your point?
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-07-22 16:55:41  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
But all this divine emblem stuff is pretty impressive, Has anyone tried all the elemental weaponskills pld can use to test if AE is exclusive? Makes me want to try pld/sam Jinpu and see lol

I tested everything I could while keeping a shield on. Supertank tp gain ftw.

I tested; Burning Blade, Red Lotus Blade, Shining Blade, Seraph Blade, Sanguine Blade , Gust slash, Cyclone, Flash Nova, and Cataclysm.

None of the above appear to benefit from Divine Emblem at all. Seems to be just Aeolian Edge. Although, there are still more WS to test.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-07-22 19:36:50  
Naw, it's only a 5% bonus from non-Killer Instinct Circle abilities. Do a 300TP magic WS against an appropriate monster, circle up, do the same WS again at 300 TP and check the difference in damage. They also give 5% Intimidation rate. I guess it might be different when a main job uses it, but if that's true then subbing it still only gets you 5%.

Here, it's test 3 on this page.
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2011-07-23 02:36:40  
Then explain to me why on an impromtu brew on war/sam against bukhis.

I popped the circle ability and was 2 shotting him with 50k ish cloudsplitters, then 4 pops in when it wore off the dmg dropped down to the low 40's and it took 3 cloudsplitters. I kept circle off for 2 more kills and the dmg remained in the low 40's. then popped circle again and it shot back up to the 50's and went back to 2 shotting him.

5% dmg boost wouldnt account for an 8-10k increase.
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-23 03:42:48  
Leviathan.Gotterdammerung said:
Then explain to me why on an impromtu brew on war/sam against bukhis.

I popped the circle ability and was 2 shotting him with 50k ish cloudsplitters, then 4 pops in when it wore off the dmg dropped down to the low 40's and it took 3 cloudsplitters. I kept circle off for 2 more kills and the dmg remained in the low 40's. then popped circle again and it shot back up to the 50's and went back to 2 shotting him.

5% dmg boost wouldnt account for an 8-10k increase.

Ummm, when I brew on mnk, depending on the mob, my cataclysms do 18-34k. There's something called variables.
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2011-07-23 04:10:23  
Naw cloudsplitter is as regular as prune juice and fiber one.

As i said 3 kills with circle up and 3 kills with circle down.

Circle down did around 8-10k less dmg resulting in the need for 3 WSs to kill bukhis.

Consistant.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-07-23 05:33:37  
Leviathan.Gotterdammerung said:
Naw cloudsplitter is as regular as prune juice and fiber one.

As i said 3 kills with circle up and 3 kills with circle down.

Circle down did around 8-10k less dmg resulting in the need for 3 WSs to kill bukhis.

Consistent.

I don't know, and I don't know what step the damage bonuses are added in. If Bukhis has something like -50% magic damage, and +5% is added in that step, it would appear to be +10%.

Why not do it to a low level monster and repeat my test? I did it on Demons in Xarcabard for Demon Killer (Warriors) and Arcana in U-Range (Snoll) for Arcana Killer. Both WSs need to be on the same monster at the same TP. Easiest way to do it is to use a martial weapon and TP on a second monster.
 Sylph.Elgorian
サーバ: Sylph
user: Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2011-07-30 18:40:11  
Ragnarok.Amonk said:
With no merits, Cover duration from VIT is capped at 30 seconds. Went into abyssea and stacked up to 300 VIT.

~20 seconds with 160 VIT.
~29 seconds with 195 VIT.

I can't be exact but I believe the 30 second cap is reached at 200 VIT.

Not sure if this has been looked into much but my results:

23 Seconds with 139 VIT
29 Seconds with 129 VIT

Both of these outside of abyssea with no Cover Merits. Can post up gear I was using when I get a chance. The 139 VIT was with Boost-VIT and both instances I had a taco up.

Edit:

Tried both of the Above twice and got the same duration resuluts.

29 Seconds with 148 VIT (Tried this once)

Threw on Vivacious Etude with the Boost-VIT. Not entirely sure why the 139 only returned 23 seconds, May need to double check my math. But don't think I would of messed it up twice.

Edit 2:

21 Seconds with 135 VIT (Tried Once)