Aegis Enhancement?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Aegis enhancement?
Aegis enhancement?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
サーバ: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-11 21:28:41  
From twitter:
Quote:
We're planning to enhance Aegis in the next major version update in order to balance it with the new and powerful Ochain!
Any guesses as to what SE is gonna do to it?

Update from the playonline website:
SE said:
Q: I can't help but feel like my Aegis shield pales in comparison to the recently added Ochain. Will anything be done about this?

A: Yes. The concepts behind Aegis and Ochain were to focus on magic and physical attack defense, respectively. As it stands now, however, Ochain's extremely high block rate makes it appear significantly more effective. We intend to balance things out in the next major update by giving a boost to Aegis's magic defense capabilities.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-02-11 21:39:48  
they should be adjusting important/useful relics to empyrean-esqe level effectiveness instead of just that piece of trash

i'm sure that they'll do though is make it a size six shield like ochain and leave it at that for now, even though that'll be pretty nice
[+]
サーバ: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-11 21:44:13  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
they should be adjusting important/useful relics to empyrean-esqe level effectiveness instead of just that piece of trash

i'm sure that they'll do though is make it a size six shield like ochain and leave it at that for now, even though that'll be pretty nice
Maybe that fact that (as you just said) that this is trash is the reason why they are doing this one.

out of most of the relic to empyrean comparesons Aegis got the worst deal. Even more so since PLD = worthless :/
 Sylph.Rorrick
サーバ: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-02-11 21:46:58  
Aegis has always been garbage.

They're probably just buffing the block rate to match Ochain, which is a fair improvement over the crapola it's been up until now.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-02-11 21:50:04  
Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Maybe that fact that (as you just said) that this is trash is the reason why they are doing this one.

out of most of the relic to empyrean comparesons Aegis got the worst deal. Even more so since PLD = worthless :/

i'd say they all got the worst deal, since they were all completely obsoleted pretty much, and then pair that with the fact that relics are that much more time/effort-heavy, well, you get the picture

point is, i want to use my amano, not this blue whale banana sword thing that looks anything but realistic
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-11 21:55:26  
If all they do is make is size 6 it'll still be better to go for Ochain. Time is money, and Ochain takes much less time to make than an Aegis (especially a fully augmented one). Change the MDT to straight up DT and it'd be arguably better, but really, when you're blocking that often and for that much damage, it isn't worth much still.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-02-11 22:02:45  
^

and yea @ the last bit; reminds me of people wanting to give dring to plds first as if they'd make the most use of it, silly ***
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-02-11 22:48:33  
No more borked than MNK countering ~all of the time etc.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-02-11 23:00:44  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
No more borked than MNK countering ~all of the time etc.

It's surprisingly close though... Especially considering lolpld.
 Sylph.Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-02-11 23:04:06  
Except you don't do damage with blocks (Reprisal not withstanding).
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-02-11 23:11:33  
And you don't heal with counters, try harder.

Battles where that matters are few and Far between, but go try to Solo Brulo for a good example.
[+]
 Sylph.Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-02-11 23:16:12  
Technically you don't heal with shield blocks either, and counters largely negate the need for healing in the first place.

Nobody wants PLD but at least Ochain lets you play solo for the most part.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-11 23:24:17  
I'm not exactly an expert on all things tanking, but dealing damage really isn't pld's issue. You put 2 DD's on the same mob, with or without a tank, and the mob will shift hate between them constantly, because they'll both cap hate in no-time.

PLD has always had a bit of an issue with getting fast hate, for hate reset etc., but it's always been good at keeping capped hate. The only issue is that so is every job that deals damage now.

PLD's survivability now is ridiculous. The only thing they need to do to fix pld, and all that needs to be done, is to raise the hate cap for pld only. Even if they only raise it to 11,000, any half decent pld should be able to stay in that 1k bonus thresh-hold that other jobs don't have, and hold hate.

Well, I guess they also need some more NM's that can't be tanked so easily by MNK or THF or NIN etc. so that the inclusion of a mob that isn't doing a lot of damage, but is keeping the mob off other players is actually required.

I dunno, that's my random 2cents comment.
[+]
 Sylph.Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-02-12 00:00:35  
PLD's issue is it does pathetic damage compared to any DD, it can't generate hate quickly, can't keep hate off any actual DD, and without Ochain its survivability is at parity at best with jobs like MNK SAM and NIN, and that's ignoring that survivability is irrelevant at this point in the game.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-02-12 00:11:07  
Sylph.Rorrick said:
Technically you don't heal with shield blocks either, and counters largely negate the need for healing in the first place.

Can't counter TP attacks. And the aforementioned Brulo can drop a MNK to red in 1 Flaming crush. Meanwhile, lolpld can solo it (in 28mins...) so which job is better now!?

Seriously, I'm not saying Ochain is a better option than Pink armor monk, but when looking at it on a relativistic scale, Ochain brings the job pretty damn close compared to where it is without it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-12 00:36:16  
Blocks give you tp too :)
 Sylph.Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-02-12 00:45:20  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Sylph.Rorrick said:

Can't counter TP attacks. And the aforementioned Brulo can drop a MNK to red in 1 Flaming crush. Meanwhile, lolpld can solo it (in 28mins...) so which job is better now!?

Seriously, I'm not saying Ochain is a better option than Pink armor monk, but when looking at it on a relativistic scale, Ochain brings the job pretty damn close compared to where it is without it.

It's still useless in party play. Red HP isn't a dead MNK.

Ochain lets PLDs solo most of their own crap, because there's still no reason to bring a PLD to anything you already have a healer at. It's nice, but it doesn't fix PLD, it just lets them be productive on their own.
 Cerberus.Blazed
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Blazed 2011-02-14 01:11:17  
the tweet is clearly just a way for them to boast about ochain.
pld is dead, so who the hell cares.
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
サーバ: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2011-02-14 01:33:16  
Though i love PLD its all but useless now unless they add some wild *** NM that would destroy NIN SAM or WAR tank. Either way i have Kannagi NIN or Aegis/Excalibur(almost) PLD to tank stuffs. Would love to see a new set of HNM though it looks doubtful, i miss the good old drama filled Fafhogg, Scanworm, DI days where there was always excitement.
[+]
 Bismarck.Calina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: calina
By Bismarck.Calina 2011-02-14 01:36:27  
I agree with Blazza all pld really needs is a slightly higher hate cap and holding hate wont be an issue any more. and as for damage well emp ws is a good start for inside abyssea but ungimping atonement and going further and enhancing it might help with the DD issue outside.

[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-14 01:45:53  
Bismarck.Calina said:
I agree with Blazza all pld really needs is a slightly higher hate cap and holding hate wont be an issue any more. and as for damage well emp ws is a good start for inside abyssea but ungimping atonement and going further and enhancing it might help with the DD issue outside.
CDC is pretty good outside of abyssea too. Plus ya know that whole ODD thing if you are using almace.

What exactly are you referring to ungimping and enhancing it outside of abyssea? It got gimped outside of abyssea?
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2011-02-14 02:14:04  
Odin.Blazza said:
I'm not exactly an expert on all things tanking, but dealing damage really isn't pld's issue. You put 2 DD's on the same mob, with or without a tank, and the mob will shift hate between them constantly, because they'll both cap hate in no-time.
It is the issue, its always been the issue. Saying pld doesnt need to do more damage and just needs to keep hate better, is the exact mentality thats put pld right where its at right now, useless.

Damage and hate go hand in hand. Raising a plds damage output in the slightest(I exaggerate as it needs a whole facelift) will help its hate more than you know. Pld is 78% behind a war inside abyssea(probably w/o considering retaliations) and even more than that outside of abyssea.

Do you honestly think ppl will care who has hate vs how much damage is actually going to be contributing to the fight?

Ppl didnt use pld when it was something to consider back then, ppl wont be using it now that it has nothing to bring to the table vs other DDs. Pld doesnt have to be top DD, it just has to be within reasonable range of a few top DDs.

Atonement(til abyssea) and almace were all good directions for pld, SE needs to keep going in that direction. Size 6 shield fixed w/e defensive issues pld had. And if they give that to aegis, great.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-14 02:17:06  
Yeah but every DD and there mother can cap hate on most NMs before it is dead unless you are putting alot of DDs on the nm. At which point it becomes a who took last action kind of thing. Raising the hate cap would do wonders for that allowing them to maintain hate which would make them more useful over someone else who definitely will be doing more dmg but will also require more outside curing too
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2011-02-14 02:26:38  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Raising the hate cap would do wonders for that allowing them to maintain hate which would make them more useful over someone else who definitely will be doing more dmg but will also require more outside curing too
Have to consider the other side of that table of thought, slower kills(1 pt slot dealing 50-80% less damage) is also resulting in more curing over time.
 Asura.Draus
user: Draus
By Asura.Draus 2011-02-14 03:21:51  
Asura.Natenn said:
Though i love PLD its all but useless now unless they add some wild *** NM that would destroy NIN SAM or WAR tank. Either way i have Kannagi NIN or Aegis/Excalibur(almost) PLD to tank stuffs. Would love to see a new set of HNM though it looks doubtful, i miss the good old drama filled Fafhogg, Scanworm, DI days where there was always excitement.
Your excal Vs my almace its still on
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2011-02-14 04:06:10  
Not sure what the fuss is, let the Aegis PLD's have their Happiness, Regardless of how useless people say PLD is, before abyssea it was used very commonly, and this abyssea fad on this game wont last forever, eventually we'll be back outside where everyone isnt super powered with infinite MP and PLD will be a viable option even if it doesn't do as much damage.
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2011-02-14 04:10:23  
i agree, inside abyssea is the real "endgame" atm, they will add stuff outside abyssea for 90-99 content. No atma, no cruor buffs. BACK OF THE BUS WITH THE DD/TANKS.
 Cerberus.Blazed
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Blazed 2011-02-15 05:49:40  
I highly doubt they are going to move away from something that is working out well. Atmas and cruor buffs are the best thing that ever happened to this game. The 2nd best thing would be all the great armor/weapons/accessories available through/in abyssea.
The blue/red/yellow procs are the only thing they should loose from future content. Atmas/cruor buffs or something similair should be incorporated into any future content. I'm not going to enjoy going back to 1-2k WS's/spells. I'm most certainly not going to enjoy going back to SAM onry either.

I enjoy having alternative tanks to PLD in the game. That was never the issue. The issue is that PLD is NO LONGER a tank, or anything worth having in a pt/alliance for that matter.

The fastest and easiest way to give PLD a buff allowing its return without destroying other job's time in the light would be job specific atmas.
An Atma that just granted a 10% increase to enmity cap with a faster decay in VE would ballance things out. Would allow the good plds to actually be percieved as good and valuable, while getting rid of the *** trashy ochains.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8