Aegis Enhancement?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Aegis enhancement?
Aegis enhancement?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Serj 2011-02-16 13:52:42  
Sylph.Biginallways said:
Serj said:
Sylph.Biginallways said:
You're an absolute moron and a flame artist. Read my edit.
You're ignoring the point that they were better than pld fagnipples. You're just butthurt over the fact that pld was never the best. Get over yourself and stop looking like an idiot.
Actually, I'm not. Learn how to read. RDM was the best tank. I already said it. You're the type of person that needs to be banned from the forums. Name calling is pathetic. You've said nothing to prove that melee could tank better than plds. All you've done is show your immaturity by making rediculous responses.

Why would I bother with redundant posts when you're the one who is too lazy to read the hundreds of other posts explaining what I've said?

Obligatory

Asura.Draginhikari
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Draginhikari 2011-02-16 13:58:50  
Whether they were ever "needed" or not doesn't really matter in the long run of things. It was more of the simple fact that any Paladin with half an idea of what they were doing and tank somewhat effectively, that's primary why they were used. It was ususally less risky.

Tanking on a regular DD job without having any idea how to do it and manage it back on certain NMs was dangerous and put extra pressure on the healers to try to handle multiple tanks and risked a certain level of uncertainity involving conal attacks, AoE and so on.

For the most part PLDs were easier to manage as tanks all around and even as a PLD main originally, I have to say our usage came from the community (the majority mind you) tenecity to use what people were comfortable then with then take certain risks by allow certain setups that didn't follow a set 'pattern'.

Outside of abyssea this pattern for PLD has changed mostly because of the level cap where the changed in gear and stats as resulted in most of the stuff PLD is used for is easy enough to kill now that it's no longer considered a 'pattern' for people to follow.

Really my PLD mostly gets used today mostly when we fight Omega and Ultima in Limbus or certain types of low man situations. Why? Not really for necessity but rather convienence purposes. That's what it sort of comes down to, the view of the group that is using a PLD for something.

At this point I don't really know how you'd "Fix" Paladin, but if it ever does, it's not going to take place in Abyssea, that's all I can really say about it.
[+]
 Sylph.Biginallways
サーバ: Sylph
user: Biggie87
By Sylph.Biginallways 2011-02-16 14:12:04  
Serj said:
Sylph.Biginallways said:
Serj said:
Sylph.Biginallways said:
You're an absolute moron and a flame artist. Read my edit.
You're ignoring the point that they were better than pld fagnipples. You're just butthurt over the fact that pld was never the best. Get over yourself and stop looking like an idiot.
Actually, I'm not. Learn how to read. RDM was the best tank. I already said it. You're the type of person that needs to be banned from the forums. Name calling is pathetic. You've said nothing to prove that melee could tank better than plds. All you've done is show your immaturity by making rediculous responses.
Why would I bother with redundant posts when you're the one who is too lazy to read the hundreds of other posts explaining what I've said? Obligatory

You're right... I should take advice from the Brown Belt mnk wearing a kemas earring.... You obviously have extensive HNM experience judging from your gear and your intelligent responses that fail to explain how a melee job before level cap was raised could avoid being one-shotted by tourbillion or getting ***-raped by nidhogg when terrored. You are ignorant and gimp, which is the worst possible combination. Please don't even try to play it off that the kemas earring is town gear. You'd be better off with a freaking spike earring.
[+]
By Serj 2011-02-16 14:16:08  
Cause I totally don't have aesir and multiple gearsets. Cool story, bro. I also don't have MDT/PDT gear sets that I don't use. I've clearly never fought anything that terrors or has dangerous tp moves either. I also can't read accounts of drk/sams tanking tiamat and nidhogg/cerb/khim with their eyes closed while keeping hate and doing more dmg than a pld could do in an hour during a 5 minute fight.

Cool story, bro.
 Sylph.Biginallways
By Sylph.Biginallways 2011-02-16 14:19:32  
Serj said:
Cause I totally don't have aesir and multiple gearsets. Cool story, bro. I also don't have MDT/PDT gear sets that I don't use. I've clearly never fought anything that terrors or has dangerous tp moves either. I also can't read accounts of drk/sams tanking tiamat and nidhogg/cerb/khim with their eyes closed while keeping hate and doing more dmg than a pld could do in an hour during a 5 minute fight. Cool story, bro.

Please show me where anyone tried hnm tanking on drk/sam other than an apoc drk. Drk/nin or dead before level cap was raised especially against tiamat. Once again you and your kemas earring fail. You have no proof to back up anything you've said. If you were a good mnk you wouldn't even own a kemas earring. You fail.
[+]
By Serj 2011-02-16 14:21:28  
Sylph.Biginallways said:
Serj said:
Cause I totally don't have aesir and multiple gearsets. Cool story, bro. I also don't have MDT/PDT gear sets that I don't use. I've clearly never fought anything that terrors or has dangerous tp moves either. I also can't read accounts of drk/sams tanking tiamat and nidhogg/cerb/khim with their eyes closed while keeping hate and doing more dmg than a pld could do in an hour during a 5 minute fight. Cool story, bro.

Please show me where anyone tried hnm tanking on drk/sam other than an apoc drk. Drk/nin or dead before level cap was raised especially against tiamat. Once again you and your kemas earring fail. You have no proof to back up anything you've said. If you were a good mnk you wouldn't even own a kemas earring. You fail.

Drk & sam. Reading comprehension fail.

Again, you mad.

I think drks did tank /sam though, and sams tanked /war. Or so I've read.
サーバ: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-16 14:23:24  
.................... This isn't why I created this thead you know...
[+]
 Sylph.Biginallways
By Sylph.Biginallways 2011-02-16 14:24:41  
LOL. you're an idiot plain and simple. Yeah sure sam/war's and drk/sam's used to tank HNM's all the time and were wayyyy better at it than plds. You fail troll. Go find a thread you might know something about to troll.

Ninja edit: I'm out, have fun and good luck. Ignorance is bliss.
By Serj 2011-02-16 14:29:28  
Sylph.Biginallways said:
Pixie Earring, Iota Ring, 6-hit, Benelos', uncapped haste or inferior tp set

Gear card was pulled. I had to.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-02-16 14:33:38  
Sylph.Biginallways said:
LOL. you're an idiot plain and simple. Yeah sure sam/war's and drk/sam's used to tank HNM's all the time and were wayyyy better at it than plds.

Yeah they did.. always used SAMs on Tiamat. RDM and NIN/DRK could out tank PLDs too pre nerf.

Serj said:

Beat me to it :(
[+]
 Sylph.Biginallways
By Sylph.Biginallways 2011-02-16 14:38:13  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Sylph.Biginallways said:
LOL. you're an idiot plain and simple. Yeah sure sam/war's and drk/sam's used to tank HNM's all the time and were wayyyy better at it than plds.
Yeah they did.. always used SAMs on Tiamat. RDM and NIN/DRK could out tank PLDs too pre nerf.
Serj said:
Beat me to it :(

I already said rdm was a better tank pre level cap raise. Also, mine is obviously town gear. I don't walk around tping in heafoc mitts.... RDM and NIN/DRK isn't even the argument. He stated that melee jobs could outtank PLD's pre-abyssea. It's simply not true. Melee jobs were only used to tank a few NM's, period.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-02-16 14:48:20  
People always fell back to PLDs after a nerf or a new monster type. PLD is a job of safety, and has a higher chance of survivability than any other job in an alliance. Abyssea certainly shook that, but regardless of what people say, Aegis is still the most prevalent Relic, currently at 508 on FFXIAH, with the runner up being Apoc at 347, as of this post. PLD is a formidable job, but the game has shifted so many times, away from cautious, and into exploring offense instead of defense - simply because people want to succeed, but within a reasonable frame of time.
[+]
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-16 14:53:56  
Cerberus.Tikal said:
People always fell back to PLDs after a nerf or a new monster type. PLD is a job of safety, and has a higher chance of survivability than any other job in an alliance. Abyssea certainly shook that, but regardless of what people say, Aegis is still the most prevalent Relic, currently at 508 on FFXIAH, with the runner up being Apoc at 347, as of this post. PLD is a formidable job, but the game has shifted so many times, away from cautious, and into exploring offense instead of defense - simply because people want to succeed, but within a reasonable frame of time.
This was the most level headed and reasonable thing I've read in awhile.
(well most of it. I don't think the relic bit is relavent since that was pre abyssea.)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-02-16 15:13:04  
That's seven years of observation about Paladin. Abyssea hasn't even been out a year for it to be considered a defining point in Paladin's career. For that reason, the number of relics are important, especially considering that people argue still that Paladin was useless in comparison to melee/Red Mage tanks. That many relics argues otherwise.
 Asura.Clickclack
By Asura.Clickclack 2011-02-16 15:16:56  
PLD is never useless in the past or now because it is just a fun job that pple like to play. You know video game, play to have fun, pple like different things etc. I like playing PLD, fun job and looking forward to this update, hands down Aegis > Ochain
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-16 15:21:52  
Asura.Clickclack said:
hands down Aegis > Ochain

'cept it isn't.
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-16 15:23:16  
Cerberus.Tikal said:
That's seven years of observation about Paladin. Abyssea hasn't even been out a year for it to be considered a defining point in Paladin's career. For that reason, the number of relics are important, especially considering that people argue still that Paladin was useless in comparison to melee/Red Mage tanks. That many relics argues otherwise.
I think its this plan an smple abyssea took away the best thing pld had going for it. The fact that it was a "Safety net".

before abyssea you could tank with DDs sure it could be done but tanking with pld insured that you would win the fight because of it's survivability (sure a dd could kill the monster quicker but if it goes down the fight turns ugly)

Now because of abyssea DD's survivablilty has increased so much it make's pld's much less relavent. Add to that the fact that pld can no longer keep up with the hate generation that dd's can and you take away all that pld has to be a useful job. :(

Hopefuly the next update will be outside abyssea so that pld's usefulness can shine again.
 Asura.Clickclack
By Asura.Clickclack 2011-02-16 15:27:14  
Valefor.Prothescar said:
Asura.Clickclack said:

'cept it isn't.

Yeah I forgot about that +20 vitality....

Post deleted by User.
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-16 15:28:10  
Asura.Clickclack said:
PLD is never useless in the past or now because it is just a fun job that pple like to play. You know video game, play to have fun, pple like different things etc. I like playing PLD, fun job and looking forward to this update, hands down Aegis > Ochain
This is all true Play what you want to play. Pld is only "useless" in a top porfomance set up. It can still play a role in a party.

I have to disagree with Aegis > Ochain however. a shield that can turn 1/4 of the damage you take from a blocked attack (with a 90% block rate) and turns it into mp is very... very powerful. Even SE has realized this (check the OP) and is gonna improve aegis so it can match it.
 Asura.Nalien
user: juro
By Asura.Nalien 2011-02-16 15:28:20  
Asura.Clickclack said:

[+]
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-16 15:30:31  
Asura.Clickclack said:
Valefor.Prothescar said:
Asura.Clickclack said:
'cept it isn't.
Yeah I forgot about that +20 vitality....
...You haven't even read this OP or the full effect of Ochain haven't you?

Post deleted by User.
By Clickclack 2011-02-16 15:32:20  
Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Asura.Clickclack said:
This is all true Play what you want to play. Pld is only "useless" in a top porfomance set up. It can still play a role in a party.

I have to disagree with Aegis > Ochain however. a shield that can turn 1/4 of the damage you take from a blocked attack (with a 90% block rate) and turns it into hp is very... very powerful. Even SE has realized this (check the OP) and is gonna improve aegis so it can match it.

MP not HP unless you mean by curing but with atma's, devotion, refresh, gear, ballad etc is mp a problem?

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nalien
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Nalien 2011-02-16 15:34:46  
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Asura.Nalien said:
Asura.Clickclack said:

Pointless screenshot

So you 4man'd an NM that can be duo'd? grats.

My *** god you're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as hell if you seriously believe that to be the intention.

Posting from my Bismarck profile on purpose, so you ignorant fool may take a closer look at whatever it is that went on in your head at the time of your post.
[+]
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-16 15:35:19  
Clickclack said:
Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Asura.Clickclack said:
This is all true Play what you want to play. Pld is only "useless" in a top porfomance set up. It can still play a role in a party. I have to disagree with Aegis > Ochain however. a shield that can turn 1/4 of the damage you take from a blocked attack (with a 90% block rate) and turns it into hp is very... very powerful. Even SE has realized this (check the OP) and is gonna improve aegis so it can match it.
MP not HP unless you mean by curing but with atma's, devotion, refresh, gear, ballad etc is mp a problem?
typo but my point is the damage migreation that ochain gives just doesn't conpare to aegis. even more so since you can cap magic damage Migration with gear and Shell V alone.
By Clickclack 2011-02-16 15:35:44  
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Can you give us a reason why Aegis is better than Ochain?

ITS GOLD
 Bismarck.Nalien
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Nalien 2011-02-16 15:36:50  
damage migration
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8