Aegis Enhancement?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Aegis enhancement?
Aegis enhancement?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-02-17 23:27:20  
Asura.Matzilla said:
you looked like ***

that's a terrible excuse for your mediocrity, since it goes without saying that for years upon years ffxi was based around wearing a turban and purple gloves (and still is for the latter half for a majority of jobs), and prior to that headwear, pointy hats of all things

i think the only cool looking job these days in their tp/idle gear is nin tbh, so with mere fashion being the factor of good/bad in ffxi to you, that obviously means every job is ***bar nin in 2011

ooooooookay then
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-02-17 23:32:56  

ffxi is not that serious bro, but nateen sucks

also I was never mediocre!
[+]
 Odin.Lowblow
サーバ: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-17 23:33:32  
I think most jobs looks sweet now in TP gear seeing as most heads were replace turban.

Drg <3 :D
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-02-17 23:34:06  
kyudogi is disgusting

wuz gud
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-02-17 23:36:31  

wuz good
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-02-17 23:40:11  

wuz good
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-02-17 23:47:42  
Asura.Matzilla said:
Last scanned: 4 Months

wuz mayad gewd?
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-02-17 23:50:51  
fondudebro yo
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-02-17 23:52:29  
at least my second character doesn't look like it came out of a cereal box >.<;;;;;;
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-02-17 23:56:02  
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-02-17 23:58:43  
aw why ty
[+]
 Sylph.Starstrukk
サーバ: Sylph
user: Xera
By Sylph.Starstrukk 2011-02-18 00:19:12  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Sylph.Starstrukk said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
PLD is still nifty for fighting Yilbegan :o
DDs can tank Yilbegan just fine?
Shield blocks mitigate the damage much further, especially with the tail spam TP move. Although the last time I fought it was at 80, I don't think the dynamics of the fight have changed much.

Using DD is a lot more efficient than a PLD. Less people needed/quicker kill, same as every other fight in the game.

Half way enjoyable fight if it weren't for the 1/25? chance of it almost being worth killing.
[+]
 Cerberus.Zandra
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-02-18 09:59:58  
Given the light of this weeks Q&A session, I do believe that they will extend Aegis MDT over the 50% Cap... Any other thoughts?
サーバ: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-18 10:12:49  
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Given the light of this weeks Q&A session, I do believe that they will extend Aegis MDT over the 50% Cap... Any other thoughts?
If they do that I hope they will change other parts of the game cap as well like the hate cap.
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-18 10:14:32  
Cerberus.Zandra said:
For those who want to know what zandra is talking about:
SE said:
Q: I can't help but feel like my Aegis shield pales in comparison to the recently added Ochain. Will anything be done about this?

A: Yes. The concepts behind Aegis and Ochain were to focus on magic and physical attack defense, respectively. As it stands now, however, Ochain's extremely high block rate makes it appear significantly more effective. We intend to balance things out in the next major update by giving a boost to Aegis's magic defense capabilities.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-18 10:22:33  
lol if they add more MDT
 Cerberus.Zandra
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-02-18 10:26:43  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
lol if they add more MDT

Agreed!!! They just don't seem to get it do they?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-02-18 10:32:58  
Square.Enix said:
Q: I can't help but feel like my Aegis shield pales in comparison to the recently added Ochain. Will anything be done about this?

A: Yes. The concepts behind Aegis and Ochain were to focus on magic and physical attack defense, respectively. As it stands now, however, Ochain's extremely high block rate makes it appear significantly more effective. We intend to balance things out in the next major update by giving a boost to Aegis's magic defense capabilities.

My interpretation

Playerbase problem:
Aegis is falling behind as a realistic shield. You could cap Magic damage reduction with aegis at 75 easily. We fail to see how increasing the magic damage reduction would noticeably make Aegis compare to Ochain, or further surpass other shields.

SquareEnix solution
Hold on to your seats Aegis owners!!! We've answered your prayers with... *drumroll* MORE MAGIC DEFENSE

Sarcasm aside.... Maybe if they mean Magic evasion? Status Ailment resistance? Change resistance into absorb?

Sadly, it will probably just make it so you can cap MDR with only shield (even though pld inherently gets shell).

I think that if perhaps they added an enhance killer effects that did something more than 1% activation rate, it might help. Maybe add a massive hate spike to shield bash? Chance to inflict status with bash (petrify comes to mind with medusa).

tl;dr: enjoy your 50% magic damage reduction and 50 more damage to shield bash
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-02-18 10:37:20  
Sorry I type slow and I'm at work :x
 Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs 2011-02-18 14:11:28  
While I think SE will probably just add more MDT, here's hoping it reflects magic back.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-02-18 14:17:18  
Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs said:
While I think SE will probably just add more MDT, here's hoping it reflects magic back.

That's interesting. I used to enjoy the idea of them adding reflect like old school FFXI. Even a chance to reflect.....
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-02-19 07:20:47  
You can just see it:

SE: "There ya go -50% MDT!!!"
Players: "We could already cap -MDT easy on Aegis at lvl 75...
SE: "Yeah but now you don't need shell"
Players: *Collective facepalm*
[+]
 Titan.Viewz
user: Vizzy
By Titan.Viewz 2011-02-19 11:46:11  
PLD still good for anything that isnt a zerg i guess, i remember the days we would have 6 people holding dragon for hours waiting for ppl to wake there ***'s up. Everything inside abyssea is a zerg there is no need for any DD's to hold back because they can hold there own (cept RNG its has serious issues) aslong as they dont get NOMNOM 1shoted then whms can curebomb never pull hate and never run out of MP.

I'd love to see a new set of HNMs ya know something that takes a real team effort some patience and a real tank, and some RARE DROPS PLZ!

@ Darkwiz would be awsome if they lowered the recast of shield bash and maybe added a petrify effect to a % of blocks, always thought that would be cool seeing as the shiney gold shield has medusa's face inprinted on it (stoned) that in itself would be an earth based atribute which relates to a physical defence, i think a size 6 shield is overkill its what 90% block rate? not quite sure but seems a little much.

I honestly dont know where SE get's off introducing shield/instrument/Weapons that can be built in a matter of days with very few people and they crap all over our relics
 Carbuncle.Axle
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-02-19 11:55:43  
Cerberus.Tidis said:
You can just see it:

SE: "There ya go -50% MDT!!!"
Players: "We could already cap -MDT easy on Aegis at lvl 75...
SE: "Yeah but now you don't need shell"
Players: *Collective facepalm*

Aegis needs to break -50% cap or else make the -40% mdt, 40 MDB.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2011-02-19 12:21:51  
Matzilla,Asura said:
i used movement speed hacks on SAM at KB then try to talk ***about Natenn using Valor for enmity piece when he never full timed it but i say he did cause my LS still camps outdated HNM in 2011.

Your almost as delusional as Izilderp, he liked to lie to make his shell look better to but we all know they sucked.
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-02-19 13:01:55  
Asura.Nateen said:

we salute you, real man of genius
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-02-19 13:36:20  
Asura.Matzilla said:
Asura.Nateen said:

we salute you, real man of genius
Wow he wears both Valor Surcoat and Homam body?

That's pretty damn fat.
[+]
 Cerberus.Blazed
By Cerberus.Blazed 2011-02-20 03:08:31  
Cerberus.Vaness said:
So I read most of the thread and realised ppl wasnt really talking about the possible aegis enhance to equal ochain.I see alot of ppl saying "butbut who use plds anymore?!"Heres my opinion. I am not a pld, but my RL BF is a pld and live atm all the hate for his job that used to be one of the best jobs to have in HNMLS.I do understand that abyssea is time related and pld is quite useless there.PLD is the best tank job if you give him time and play in a intelligent way.The thing is in abyssea, every1 wants to kill asap and I'm not desagreeing with it at all.Why taking 30 mins+ to kill a nm that can take 10mins with a monk.The thing is outside abyssea, mnk tank doesnt do so well and so is whm (lol) I miss atmas so bad outside abyssea QQ.But then ppl will say, omfg who does stuff outside abyssea?! Well I do and the reason why is this: Every1 is always in abyssea, best way to make money is to do normal zones stuff.Like mnk BB items (ppl offering up to 5mil), ancient beastcoin ( up to 10k now, every1 who grow up with abyssea want brutal earring), ridills (up to 10 mil), lol crystals its stupid but its up to 4k/stack here and so many more.. And this is where my pld bf is more then just helpfull.PLD + THF + RDM can do any HNMS and somehow the market couldnt be better atm. For those that thinks ochain is better then aegis and vice versa. Well, its my opinion and feel free to open my eyes but I dont agree. Aegis gives you the possibility to be naked with shell 2 and have capped magic damage -.Ochain have a 90% block rate (wich is quite sexy) and a 25% mp return from damage taken while blocking.25% mp looks nice, but a well geared pld will get hit by 0 damage while blocking inside or outside abyssea.In the wrost case you will take like 20 dmg? So is the mp return from ochain is worth it in abyssea? no, just use minikin if your mp is such an issue and also who the *** use pld in abyssea?! ;p Is ochain usefull outside abyssea? nope, the stuff outside abyssea is too weak to deal more then 20 dmg on a block anyway.Unless you are one hell of a gimp pld then maybe.So yes, you read right, I think aegis is still better then ochain.Its my opinion.I do realise not every1 have 300 mil to spend on aegis and I also dont judge ppl who did ochain.Just think that if you have the money, might wanna go for aegis On wich possible change they would do on aegis to equal ochain sexyness, I think the will just change the shield size so it gets a 90% block rate like ochain.I dont see what else they would do. I'm open to suggestion, plz correct me if I'm wrong.I'm presently lvling pld with the hope that 90-99 will be outside abyssea and I'm more then happy to know if I'm wrong.

wtf is this ***?
[+]
 Sylph.Ghaleon
user: MisterRyu
By Sylph.Ghaleon 2011-02-20 03:15:30  
Cerberus.Blazed said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
So I read most of the thread and realised ppl wasnt really talking about the possible aegis enhance to equal ochain.I see alot of ppl saying "butbut who use plds anymore?!"Heres my opinion. I am not a pld, but my RL BF is a pld and live atm all the hate for his job that used to be one of the best jobs to have in HNMLS.I do understand that abyssea is time related and pld is quite useless there.PLD is the best tank job if you give him time and play in a intelligent way.The thing is in abyssea, every1 wants to kill asap and I'm not desagreeing with it at all.Why taking 30 mins+ to kill a nm that can take 10mins with a monk.The thing is outside abyssea, mnk tank doesnt do so well and so is whm (lol) I miss atmas so bad outside abyssea QQ.But then ppl will say, omfg who does stuff outside abyssea?! Well I do and the reason why is this: Every1 is always in abyssea, best way to make money is to do normal zones stuff.Like mnk BB items (ppl offering up to 5mil), ancient beastcoin ( up to 10k now, every1 who grow up with abyssea want brutal earring), ridills (up to 10 mil), lol crystals its stupid but its up to 4k/stack here and so many more.. And this is where my pld bf is more then just helpfull.PLD + THF + RDM can do any HNMS and somehow the market couldnt be better atm. For those that thinks ochain is better then aegis and vice versa. Well, its my opinion and feel free to open my eyes but I dont agree. Aegis gives you the possibility to be naked with shell 2 and have capped magic damage -.Ochain have a 90% block rate (wich is quite sexy) and a 25% mp return from damage taken while blocking.25% mp looks nice, but a well geared pld will get hit by 0 damage while blocking inside or outside abyssea.In the wrost case you will take like 20 dmg? So is the mp return from ochain is worth it in abyssea? no, just use minikin if your mp is such an issue and also who the *** use pld in abyssea?! ;p Is ochain usefull outside abyssea? nope, the stuff outside abyssea is too weak to deal more then 20 dmg on a block anyway.Unless you are one hell of a gimp pld then maybe.So yes, you read right, I think aegis is still better then ochain.Its my opinion.I do realise not every1 have 300 mil to spend on aegis and I also dont judge ppl who did ochain.Just think that if you have the money, might wanna go for aegis On wich possible change they would do on aegis to equal ochain sexyness, I think the will just change the shield size so it gets a 90% block rate like ochain.I dont see what else they would do. I'm open to suggestion, plz correct me if I'm wrong.I'm presently lvling pld with the hope that 90-99 will be outside abyssea and I'm more then happy to know if I'm wrong.

wtf is this ***?

it's a trap, don't read it.
 Cerberus.Blazed
By Cerberus.Blazed 2011-02-20 03:19:02  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
news flash: nalien > this thread and the people that post in it and yes amonk, he used the wrong word there on page three? think it was, but overall he's the most fluent english-speaking person i've ever met that learned english as a second language, meanwhile you and me only know english, so granted, superior language, but you catch my drift
I'll have you know Iron, that English is in fact my third language.
But yeah, Nals > this thread.
The game ended with "Askar ***".
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8