Aegis Enhancement?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Aegis enhancement?
Aegis enhancement?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Fenrir.Jumeya
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2011-02-15 06:18:34  
If you had such an atma to increase hate cap, then anyone in the party could use it to be main tank.

Does not solve using PLD or not, since you're sacrificing a DD potential for a PLD.

That being said, there are some very good paladins out there that really invested in all their capabilities. However, they'd be decent/subpar to an equally invested DD.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-15 06:20:15  
he said job specific atma, just clearing that up
 Fenrir.Jumeya
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2011-02-15 06:34:29  
Makes it even more unlikely, sadly.
 Diabolos.Prodigy
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Prodigy
By Diabolos.Prodigy 2011-02-15 08:24:30  
I think they very well might aim a lot of 91-99 end game towards outside abyssea areas. I think you go into abyssea, power yourself up, get all this godly gear that you can wear outside abyssea to help with new content outside abyssea where you can't have atmas. I don't see all this gear saying "In abyssea: "stats"" . So it's possible they might expand in non-atma areas. One could only hope, it might bring some skill back into the game.
[+]
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2011-02-15 09:04:46  
I totally agree with Prodigy (not the skill in the game part though, I think it requires more attention to detail/skill more than it ever has). PLD are still king Tanks outside of Aby. Abyssea is not balanced. Its just another dimesion where everyone becomes god. Those same people that are spouting off about how PLD's are dead will be the same ones on the bandwagon at 99. The only reason PLD isnt good in aby is because of the time limits that we have and its lack of damage. Why not have a tank that can DD and hold hate (which kills quicker) than have a Tank that just wont die. Although there are some instances in aby where a I would prefer a PLD. Also, with the way the current hate mechanics are set, PLD is on of those jobs where not only the person playing it has to have some skillz, but the supporting cast needs to be competent also. On countless occasions I have been in groups where the DDs refuse to let the PLD do its thing. Then when the mob turns the say the PLD isnt doing their job. I competent DD knows when to go crazy and when to relax for the PLD. But with that same token, I have seen PLDs that are like Black holes with hate.....blew...my....mind!!!! lol
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-15 09:15:35  
to make pld viable again they'd need to make pld have enough of an advantage in damage mitigation over other jobs and bring back mp issues and/or introduce harder mobs.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-02-15 09:29:25  
Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
From twitter:
Quote:
We're planning to enhance Aegis in the next major version update in order to balance it with the new and powerful Ochain!
Any guesses as to what SE is gonna do to it?

Add 5 PDT on the shield and call it a day.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-02-15 09:30:56  
Give PLD a form of counter, if you shield block there's a chance that the damage mitigated is inflicted upon the enemy!
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-02-15 15:55:19  
Cerberus.Tidis said:
Give PLD a form of counter, if you shield block there's a chance that the damage mitigated is inflicted upon the enemy!

Reprisal Sup?
 Asura.Matzilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-02-15 16:03:58  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
to make pld viable again they'd need to make pld have enough of an advantage in damage mitigation over other jobs and bring back mp issues and/or introduce harder mobs.

SE's idea of harder mobs was to make them absorb damage at certain times :| and people still suck ***
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-15 16:19:20  
Bismarck.Pawnskipper said:
I totally agree with Prodigy (not the skill in the game part though, I think it requires more attention to detail/skill more than it ever has). PLD are still king Tanks outside of Aby. Abyssea is not balanced. Its just another dimesion where everyone becomes god. Those same people that are spouting off about how PLD's are dead will be the same ones on the bandwagon at 99. The only reason PLD isnt good in aby is because of the time limits that we have and its lack of damage. Why not have a tank that can DD and hold hate (which kills quicker) than have a Tank that just wont die. Although there are some instances in aby where a I would prefer a PLD. Also, with the way the current hate mechanics are set, PLD is on of those jobs where not only the person playing it has to have some skillz, but the supporting cast needs to be competent also. On countless occasions I have been in groups where the DDs refuse to let the PLD do its thing. Then when the mob turns the say the PLD isnt doing their job. I competent DD knows when to go crazy and when to relax for the PLD. But with that same token, I have seen PLDs that are like Black holes with hate.....blew...my....mind!!!! lol

You are mistaken if you think PLD is the king tank outside of abyssea.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-15 16:32:01  
Lower Shield bash recast to 15 seconds, give it the chance to Crit and boost that enhamcment on Aegis to 1k base dmg.

Oh, and let PLDs DW Ochain + Aegis.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2011-02-15 16:33:00  
Why not reduce shield bash to 1 min?

That would buff both Aegis and Pld generally
By Serj 2011-02-15 16:39:27  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Lower Shield bash recast to 15 seconds, give it the chance to Crit and boost that enhamcment on Aegis to 1k base dmg.

Oh, and let PLDs DW Ochain + Aegis.

Shield Bash Stance, like footwork. I said it awhile ago, seemed kind of snazzy.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-02-15 16:49:30  
People have been using DD Tanks long before Abyssea... Good people have anyway, it wasn't entirely common-ground.

Salvage for one was MNK tanks, like MNK tanks in abyssea, they're good at it. PLD was only used Pre-Abyssea as a "Safety net" For linkshell who weren't confident in the DD's ability to tank.

I have PLD 90, And i do plan on taking it to 99, But its really time to stop lying to ourselves and making excuses... the job is just awful as it stands, as much as i hate the Gdamn "Dead job lawl" trolling, its 100% Accurate, inside and outside of Abyssea, anywhere in the game, I'd be a better tank on my MNK or my THF, they just have better survivability and Damage out-put, hell even my WAR.

Its not to say PLD doesn't have survivability too, its just that as the game currently stands... I feel safer on THF or MNK. and THF gets the TH6 bonus when I'm fighting something important too, and MNK gets the raw Damage to speed up kills... PLD doesn't really feel as safe as it used to to me.

I'm not telling people this so they quit the job or something, or to tell them they shouldn't play a job if they enjoy it... Just saying you need to stop lying to yourself, PLD isn't useful right now. Its not to say it won't become useful again, but as it stands right now there is no reason to use one.

Again, Not telling anyone not to play it, not calling you stupid or gimp if you do, If they enjoy the job more power to you, enjoy playing it, its the only reason people buy games... Enjoyment.

[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-02-15 20:34:00  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Cerberus.Tidis said:

Reprisal Sup?
Ok i'll be more specific...

Decent damage.
 Cerberus.Blazed
By Cerberus.Blazed 2011-02-16 02:42:22  
Asura.Karbuncle said:
People have been using DD Tanks long before Abyssea... Good people have anyway, it wasn't entirely common-ground. Salvage for one was MNK tanks, like MNK tanks in abyssea, they're good at it. PLD was only used Pre-Abyssea as a "Safety net" For linkshell who weren't confident in the DD's ability to tank. I have PLD 90, And i do plan on taking it to 99, But its really time to stop lying to ourselves and making excuses... the job is just awful as it stands, as much as i hate the Gdamn "Dead job lawl" trolling, its 100% Accurate, inside and outside of Abyssea, anywhere in the game, I'd be a better tank on my MNK or my THF, they just have better survivability and Damage out-put, hell even my WAR. Its not to say PLD doesn't have survivability too, its just that as the game currently stands... I feel safer on THF or MNK. and THF gets the TH6 bonus when I'm fighting something important too, and MNK gets the raw Damage to speed up kills... PLD doesn't really feel as safe as it used to to me. I'm not telling people this so they quit the job or something, or to tell them they shouldn't play a job if they enjoy it... Just saying you need to stop lying to yourself, PLD isn't useful right now. Its not to say it won't become useful again, but as it stands right now there is no reason to use one. Again, Not telling anyone not to play it, not calling you stupid or gimp if you do, If they enjoy the job more power to you, enjoy playing it, its the only reason people buy games... Enjoyment.

Look this entire point about linkshells using PLD tanks pre-abyssea was due to them sucking argument needs to just be closed and put down like a rabid dog.
Linkshells used PLDs as tanks because people who wanted to tank, lvled a tank job, and people who wanted to DD, lvled a DD job.
I'm so sick of this stupid "PLD was never needed" argument.
It just tells me and anyone else who reads it that your idea of FFXI history is 3 years long at most, and this is a game that has been out for a decade. Stop the *** "You used PLD tanks cuz you needed a safety net" *** argument.
Excalibur alone makes this point moot.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 02:54:40  
Reduce shield bash recast to 30 sec!!!
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2011-02-16 04:02:30  
Ochain sucked to begin with, was only useful to ppl who didn't gear swap. You shouldn't be taking enough dmg while blocking for the 25% convert to MP to be worth anything anyway. Aegis can get the same block rate while capping out MDT, now that the initial block rate has been boosted it makes Ochain 2nd best no doubt. So in the trial of Aegis vs. Ochain I declare the following statement: Empryean, the poor mans relic.
[+]
 Sylph.Quiznor
サーバ: Sylph
user: Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-02-16 05:18:22  
Asura.Natenn said:
Ochain sucked to begin with, was only useful to ppl who didn't gear swap. You shouldn't be taking enough dmg while blocking for the 25% convert to MP to be worth anything anyway. Aegis can get the same block rate while capping out MDT, now that the initial block rate has been boosted it makes Ochain 2nd best no doubt. So in the trial of Aegis vs. Ochain I declare the following statement: Empryean, the poor mans relic.

How did they adjust the aegis block rate?
I quit last month but follow the odd PLD thread but havent checked updates,announcements,etc
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-02-16 05:53:15  
Cerberus.Blazed said:

Look this entire point about linkshells using PLD tanks pre-abyssea was due to them sucking argument needs to just be closed and put down like a rabid dog.
Linkshells used PLDs as tanks because people who wanted to tank, lvled a tank job, and people who wanted to DD, lvled a DD job.
I'm so sick of this stupid "PLD was never needed" argument.
It just tells me and anyone else who reads it that your idea of FFXI history is 3 years long at most, and this is a game that has been out for a decade. Stop the *** "You used PLD tanks cuz you needed a safety net" *** argument.
Excalibur alone makes this point moot.

You're missing the point, even pre-Abyssea things like Tiamat/Cerberus/Khim/Sky/Sea stuff could all be tanked by melee. DRK/SAM/BLU/RDM(pre-nerf) were all very capable and in most situations better at it than PLD. Atonement closed the gap a bit. Way way waaaay back when SMN rotations were cool, then yeah, PLD was boss, it just lost a lot of it's utility ever since /NIN, and that's more than 3 years ago. Can still play it if you want, it's a fun job.
 Asura.Matzilla
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-02-16 06:27:52  
Asura.Natenn said:

Are u mad?
 Sylph.Biginallways
user: Biggie87
By Sylph.Biginallways 2011-02-16 13:34:47  
Paladin was definately the king tank before the level cap raised. I don't recall mnks tanking Khimaira or Cerb and it has nothing to do with being "gimp" or whatever stupid statement was made before. Hell, I doubt a mnk could've tanked fafnir very well at 75. All of this "Pld's were never needed" talk is a bunch of BS. Get real.
[+]
By Serj 2011-02-16 13:36:11  
Sylph.Biginallways said:
Paladin was definately the king tank before the level cap raised. I don't recall mnks tanking Khimaira or Cerb and it has nothing to do with being "gimp" or whatever stupid statement was made before. Hell, I doubt a mnk could've tanked fafnir very well at 75. All of this "Pld's were never needed" talk is a bunch of BS. Get real.

You're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Look two posts above yours.
 Sylph.Biginallways
By Sylph.Biginallways 2011-02-16 13:38:37  
Serj said:
Sylph.Biginallways said:

Brilliant response. The best tank in the game with proper support before level cap was raised was RDM. Fact. Pld was a distant 2nd. Fact. Don't flame because you don't know what you're talking about. Almost ANY melee job COULD tank at 75, but that doesn't mean they were ever better at it than PLD.
[+]
By Serj 2011-02-16 13:40:17  
Sylph.Biginallways said:
Serj said:
Sylph.Biginallways said:

Brilliant response. The best tank in the game with proper support before level cap was raised was RDM. Fact. Pld was a distant 2nd. Fact. Don't flame because you don't know what you're talking about.

Read the edit twatwaffle. It shouldn't have even needed to be said. You're just an idiot.
 Sylph.Biginallways
By Sylph.Biginallways 2011-02-16 13:41:37  
You're an absolute moron and a flame artist. Read my edit.
[+]
By Serj 2011-02-16 13:43:40  
Sylph.Biginallways said:

You're ignoring the point that they were better than pld fagnipples. You're just butthurt over the fact that pld was never the best. Get over yourself and stop looking like an idiot.
 Sylph.Biginallways
By Sylph.Biginallways 2011-02-16 13:47:23  
Serj said:
Sylph.Biginallways said:
You're ignoring the point that they were better than pld fagnipples. You're just butthurt over the fact that pld was never the best. Get over yourself and stop looking like an idiot.
Actually, I'm not. Learn how to read. RDM was the best tank. I already said it. You're the type of person that needs to be banned from the forums. Name calling is pathetic. You've said nothing to prove that melee could tank better than plds. All you've done is show your immaturity by making rediculous responses.
[+]
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-02-16 13:47:30  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Sylph.Rorrick said:
Technically you don't heal with shield blocks either, and counters largely negate the need for healing in the first place.

Nobody wants PLD but at least Ochain lets you play solo for the most part.

Can't counter TP attacks. And the aforementioned Brulo can drop a MNK to red in 1 Flaming crush. Meanwhile, lolpld can solo it (in 28mins...) so which job is better now!?

Seriously, I'm not saying Ochain is a better option than Pink armor monk, but when looking at it on a relativistic scale, Ochain brings the job pretty damn close compared to where it is without it.

just curious how does pld solo it?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8