2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST solos
BST solos
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 28 29 30
By Xilk 2011-11-15 16:28:12  
another reason you won't solo shin on bst w/out brew:
he spams his big spells 5x in a row when below like 30% health.

you have to be really lucky to survive 5x protostar or meteor, etc.. even w/ atma of the savior on.
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-11-21 05:15:39  

Just got uploaded to youtube a couple mins ago.
[+]
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-11-21 14:24:34  
I thought someone soloed Tiamat, I went looking for her and couldn't find, that explains why D:
 Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: khrnos
By Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos 2011-11-21 20:30:55  
so any tests done with hippo yet? movesets, traits etc.?
 Quetzalcoatl.Atropa
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Atropa 2011-11-21 20:50:29  
^Bump
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-11-22 05:11:13  
Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos said: »
Other than it's a THF you'll have to ask JPs, our TP moves just show as dots (though I believe it's Fantod, Back Heel, Jettura(sp?) and might of been Choke breath, can't remember the 4th's element).
Reward's broken so I can't test Theta HP recovery either.
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: DanielH
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-11-22 08:54:20  
Bahamut.Sakurawr said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos said: »
Other than it's a THF you'll have to ask JPs, our TP moves just show as dots (though I believe it's Fantod, Back Heel, Jettura(sp?) and might of been Choke breath, can't remember the 4th's element).
Reward's broken so I can't test Theta HP recovery either.
Sounds about right. Shame about no Nihility Song, but it's supposed to be cheaper ingredients than Dipper so can't complain.
 Lakshmi.Iambatman
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Iambatman 2011-11-22 09:02:46  
Dipper is only expensive if you buy it on AH or from bazaars.

There is a thing called harvesting, takes maybe an hour to get 12 lesser chigoes, and that = at the very least, 3 stacks of dipper from synergy.

And the recipie is easy to HQ.

If the hippo is even cheaper, thats even better, as it will prolly be a better DD pet than dipper, and being a thf , we will still get TH.
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: DanielH
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-11-22 09:10:23  
Lakshmi.Iambatman said: »
Dipper is only expensive if you buy it on AH or from bazaars.

There is a thing called harvesting, takes maybe an hour to get 12 lesser chigoes, and that = at the very least, 3 stacks of dipper from synergy.

And the recipie is easy to HQ.

If the hippo is even cheaper, thats even better, as it will prolly be a better DD pet than dipper, and being a thf , we will still get TH.

I'm aware, in Grauberg (S). The point being if the ingredients are much cheaper than Dipper I'd prefer buying them to wasting my time harvesting.
 Shiva.Drossos
サーバ: Shiva
user: droseph
By Shiva.Drossos 2011-11-22 11:06:30  
Cheaper until everyone finds out the pet possesses Treasure Hunter trait (if it does indeed do so) then pricehike {you can have this}. Rinse, Repeat etc etc. That's the way the economy works i'm afraid, supply and demand. Hell, i remember Burdock being 2k per stack and hard to shift from my harvesting days, now look at it...
 Bismarck.Angeleus
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-11-22 12:37:25  
Odin.Upbeat said: »

Just got uploaded to youtube a couple mins ago.

He only use 1 jug?
 Bahamut.Xoraken
user: Xoraken
By Bahamut.Xoraken 2011-11-23 16:42:56  
A BST said he can solo Tiamat lvl 90 and Kirin lvl 90 or 95 (idk)

Probably a big liar, he just think he "can" solo because he think he is the #1 BST all server
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-23 16:57:17  
Vrtra and Jorm are possible at 90 (Vrtra since 85 iirc). Tiamat and Kirin idk about, Kirin definitely not but has anyone actually tried Tia with the slug or something? Can't imagine the Hippogryph has some profound advantage unless it has some stupid high fire resist trait.
 Ramuh.Scizor
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2011-11-23 16:59:32  
I highly doubt Kirin can be solo'd
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-11-23 17:09:55  
Jacaut said: »
I tried to solo tank kirin on bst while friends killed adds . . was very iffy ended up kiting with thf as i helped smn kill adds, at one time i was holding sieryu, genbu, and kirin lol. 20 dawn muslums and an hour later i got Nbody ;; aint no Wlegs >.< but it was extremely fun i must say

Based on this quote two months ago, sounds impossible to hold Kirin and 4 minis without a few players bazaaring 50+ dawn mulsums next to you..
 Bahamut.Xoraken
user: Xoraken
By Bahamut.Xoraken 2011-11-23 18:31:57  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Vrtra and Jorm are possible at 90 (Vrtra since 85 iirc). Tiamat and Kirin idk about, Kirin definitely not but has anyone actually tried Tia with the slug or something? Can't imagine the Hippogryph has some profound advantage unless it has some stupid high fire resist trait.
Slug are 95 yet so he used Dipper ? (he said lvl90)
-if he was alone in zone : ok , i cant imagine other ppl let him solo Tiamat without try to claim
-need to be extremely lucky with draw in when your pet is died
-need a lot of Dawn Mulsum ( I saw a 2BST+1COR+1BRD kill Tiamat lvl 95 and they used 25 DM each)

You can say all you want , its not possible to solo Tiamat to lvl 90 or Kirin to lvl 95

Solo for him , its probably claim and wipe after a few % down ( coming from him its possible)
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-11-23 18:35:12  
He really solo those?
 Bahamut.Zangada
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-11-23 19:07:12  
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
He really solo those?
It may be possible for some of those with spending alot in pet food and mulsums but i doubt. Hes a lair and a thief and wouldnt believe anything he says.
[+]
By Claire 2011-11-23 19:15:16  
You can conceivably (in theory only! in theory!) solo Kirin, including his pets, by getting his HP down a little till your pet dies, twilight reraise, claim, repeat till Call Beast comes back, throw a new pet at him till it dies, start over. That strategy works for alot of things, though it hinges on a somewhat generous EXP buffer and potentially alot of inventory space for all the food needed to keep your pet alive till at least _some_ damage has been done. This has been a somewhat functional for soloing a few of the more resilient Jailers (Fortitude, Temperance) but I haven't tried it on Kirin yet.

That said, I _did_ try it on Cerberus (encouraged by quite successful Khimaira solo's ever since the Yuly became available - which did not require me to reraise) and it failed horribly; he does have too much damage resistance, regen and attack power for your inventory space. At least the latter should also be very much an issue for Tiamat.
EDIT: I totally think Cerberus deserves a re-run now at 90-95!

Fun fact, Khimaira being soloable (quite comfortably) at lv95 implies that most forms of PW (discounting his lamps) would go down to a single Yuly^^ The time limit is of course an issue here though, so not recommended!
By Jacaut 2011-11-24 00:25:37  
Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
I tried to solo tank kirin on bst while friends killed adds . . was very iffy ended up kiting with thf as i helped smn kill adds, at one time i was holding sieryu, genbu, and kirin lol. 20 dawn muslums and an hour later i got Nbody ;; aint no Wlegs >.< but it was extremely fun i must say

Based on this quote two months ago, sounds impossible to hold Kirin and 4 minis without a few players bazaaring 50+ dawn mulsums next to you..

hey thats me =D i can say comfortably i could hold Genbu Seiryu and Byakko all at once with minimal trouble, its kirin's spells and Suzaku that are horrid!

Holding kirin is possible but best if only as a back up to say a thf kiting. he goes down, get that pet in there, can hold just fine long enough to get the kiter unweakened.

Granted i dont have the MDB axes, or the -mdt belt im too lazy.
Quote:
You can conceivably (in theory only! in theory!) solo Kirin, including his pets, by getting his HP down a little till your pet dies, twilight reraise, claim, repeat till Call Beast comes back, throw a new pet at him till it dies, start over. That strategy works for alot of things, though it hinges on a somewhat generous EXP buffer and potentially alot of inventory space for all the food needed to keep your pet alive till at least _some_ damage has been done. This has been a somewhat functional for soloing a few of the more resilient Jailers (Fortitude, Temperance) but I haven't tried it on Kirin yet.
Going along with earlier about spells, once suzy was up with kirin, plus the other 3 pets, the Regening of them all would make it impossible youd hurt them in the few min you'd live. Then die and RR, by the time you got up and in position for the next round kirin would definately be healed again with his high regen and im sure the mini gods would have too from being unclaimed.
 Asura.Bitesized
サーバ: Asura
user: Bitesized
By Asura.Bitesized 2011-11-24 01:40:26  
The raptor has some good natural fire resists. Would some pet: mag defense axes (very easy to make) and augmented magic evasion suzaku sune-ate boots be good flying pieces for a tiamat solo? I don't know about 90 solo but I would think a bst could do it at 95. The other two are for sure.
By Claire 2011-11-24 06:56:23  
Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
hey thats me =D i can say comfortably i could hold Genbu Seiryu and Byakko all at once with minimal trouble, its kirin's spells and Suzaku that are horrid! Holding kirin is possible but best if only as a back up to say a thf kiting. he goes down, get that pet in there, can hold just fine long enough to get the kiter unweakened. Granted i dont have the MDB axes, or the -mdt belt im too lazy.
Quote:
Going along with earlier about spells, once suzy was up with kirin, plus the other 3 pets, the Regening of them all would make it impossible youd hurt them in the few min you'd live. Then die and RR, by the time you got up and in position for the next round kirin would definately be healed again with his high regen and im sure the mini gods would have too from being unclaimed.

Could do BST/DRK to beat regen on one of the minis.
But yes, I see the limits here.
...On a second thought! You could have your pet attack the first mini he summons while just tanking Kirin but not damaging him. Focus on just that mini with the reraise strategy and with the help of Bio2 claim. Ideally, he won't even summon another pet till the first one dies. I totally feel like trying that sometime later. If only the pops weren't so expensive now ; ;

Asura.Bitesized said: »
The raptor has some good natural fire resists. Would some pet: mag defense axes (very easy to make) and augmented magic evasion suzaku sune-ate boots be good flying pieces for a tiamat solo? I don't know about 90 solo but I would think a bst could do it at 95. The other two are for sure.

Good thinking^^ Does the raptor beat the snail's resistance though? I remember 70~ damage from Gates of Hades on the snail when fighting Cerberus. :x The thing to consider with Tiamat is that the grounded phase takes a different approach to be tanked, compared to the aerial phase - I don't think any pet except Yuly can reliably tank the grounded phase's physicals, but Yuly is too vulnerable to magic. That's me not having any MDB equipment though.
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-11-26 03:20:22  
Not that it really matters since I don't think it offers anything of worth these days, but a 95 BST can solo the 6 Waking the Beast avatar fights and the Full Moon Fountain fight. I found it pretty fun.
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-11-28 15:52:01  
Doubt Raptor would beat slug for the whole fight, if you consider Tiamat hits like a brick and Raptor I remember being on the lower defence side while Slug has nice defence + Corrosive Ooze.
Guy used Hippo in the video for most likely the evasion (obviously) due to I noticed at the end Tiamat was hitting the Hippo for ~515 a hit. I'd say it's possible at 95 at a push, but it'd be hard (Gooey due to the last 20?% I think it is and Dipper due to her weaknesses).

And yes, Xoraken is a nice person D: Even if I do prolly alienate him as I have a tendancy to talk too much. /shot

I called Gooey a snail, I need more sleep, >.>

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-11-28 16:39:31  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Hades.Stefanos said: »
Not that it really matters since I don't think it offers anything of worth these days, but a 95 BST can solo the 6 Waking the Beast avatar fights and the Full Moon Fountain fight. I found it pretty fun.
that's impressive stef, get any great drops?

Nope. From the avatars, all I got was a lightning cluster. From the Carbuncle Prime fight I just got Carbuncle's Pole. Free Martial Staff for when I need to use Cataclysm, at least.
 Carbuncle.Axle
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-11-28 17:12:46  
Bahamut.Sakurawr said: »
Doubt Raptor would beat slug for the whole fight, if you consider Tiamat hits like a brick and Raptor I remember being on the lower defence side while Slug has nice defence + Corrosive Ooze.
Guy used Hippo in the video for most likely the evasion (obviously) due to I noticed at the end Tiamat was hitting the Hippo for ~515 a hit. I'd say it's possible at 95 at a push, but it'd be hard (Gooey due to the last 20?% I think it is and Dipper due to her weaknesses).

And yes, Xoraken is a nice person D: Even if I do prolly alienate him as I have a tendancy to talk too much. /shot

I called Gooey a snail, I need more sleep, >.>

Tried Raptor and gooey on Lugh because of fire magic. Gooey resisted fire more than raptor by alot. 130-150 dmg ga3's on raptor to 30-40 dmg ga3's on gooey.
 Asura.Bitesized
サーバ: Asura
user: Bitesized
By Asura.Bitesized 2011-11-28 22:31:50  
those who lurk in shadows (Pet Augment earring fight.)

I got bored and decided to make a video. This is my first attempt at a ffxi youtube vid lol.

Main strategy is to not let the mobs hit you with the bio from their TP moves and to keep the quadav from debuffing you while your pet takes out the warrior. After the warrior is down put pet on rdm and stay away from the rdm. Even when it has hate on your pet it will always debuff you. Paralyze can be a killer here.

This was some free program I got from CNET, i dont hit my keys that hard my mic just sits right on top of my keyboard.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 28 29 30