BST solos
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 28 29 30
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2011-09-29 14:57:09  
Bahamut.Xoraken said: »
Vrtra can be down in 1h10 with 3 stack of Zeta I personnaly used 2 stack and half + 2 mulsum in 1h05 [/URL]

nice dude, I've been wanting to try this, but everytime I check he's not up, & I'm too lazy to camp just for fun/gil
 Cerberus.Choerilos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Choerilos
By Cerberus.Choerilos 2011-09-30 12:17:59  
I just started working on Apocalypse (slowly but surely), and I got a pop item for Velosareon the NM that drops the Attestation I will need.

So I was wondering, can bst solo him? Is there anyone who has done so, or has possible tips for making it possible? Might be a nice challenge. Think he might be the easiest of the attestation NMs for bst, since he has no way to heal itself besides DRK 2hr and drain, expect that the one that has WHM would be much tougher.
 Bismarck.Selzak
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Selzak 2011-09-30 12:31:31  
I know BST soloing Ironclad Smiter isn't exactly news, but Gorefang has opened up a lot of solos to be more practical. Gorefang was hitting Ironclad Smiter for 600-700 crits when his slashing resistance was reversed. I found CC to go down quickly with Gorefang as well.

tl;dr Gorefang makes a lot of the longer fights suddenly go by in a small-moderate amount of time.
 Cerberus.Choerilos
By Cerberus.Choerilos 2011-09-30 12:35:22  
Bismarck.Selzak said: »
I know BST soloing Ironclad Smiter isn't exactly news, but Gorefang has opened up a lot of solos to be more practical. Gorefang was hitting Ironclad Smiter for 600-700 crits when his slashing resistance was reversed. I found CC to go down quickly with Gorefang as well.

tl;dr Gorefang makes a lot of the longer fights suddenly go by in a small-moderate amount of time.

How is his survivability in such fights?
 Bismarck.Selzak
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Selzak 2011-09-30 13:12:58  
Cerberus.Choerilos said: »

Compared to DY, surprisingly indifferent so far.

At least on CC and Ironclad Smiter, there was no perceived difference except that the fights went a lot faster. I did Cara with DY and those were long fights I would have liked to have Gorefang on, but in a specialized situation like that (wind spells) it would almost certainly be a different story.

Edit: I used a few (3-4 maybe) Zetas against Ironclad Smiter, on CC with DG and MC I didn't even have to use Reward.
 Cerberus.Choerilos
By Cerberus.Choerilos 2011-10-01 08:02:06  
Cerberus.Choerilos said: »
I know BST soloing Ironclad Smiter isn't exactly news, but Gorefang has opened up a lot of solos to be more practical. Gorefang was hitting Ironclad Smiter for 600-700 crits when his slashing resistance was reversed. I found CC to go down quickly with Gorefang as well. tl;dr Gorefang makes a lot of the longer fights suddenly go by in a small-moderate amount of time.
Compared to DY, surprisingly indifferent so far. At least on CC and Ironclad Smiter, there was no perceived difference except that the fights went a lot faster. I did Cara with DY and those were long fights I would have liked to have Gorefang on, but in a specialized situation like that (wind spells) it would almost certainly be a different story. Edit: I used a few (3-4 maybe) Zetas against Ironclad Smiter, on CC with DG and MC I didn't even have to use Reward.

Sounds very nice, will try him next time I do Cirein then :) Thanks!
 Quetzalcoatl.Vanhelstng
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Vanhelstng 2011-10-03 16:24:31  
Has anyone killed Azdaja solo if so what atma & pet did you uses
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-03 16:34:12  
I don't know that Azdaja is feasible solo because of the array of enfeebles, including doom, that are additional effects. I don't think Dispel can take off pet buffs, but they might – though you can just make a new pet. Have to go to the NPC with a player. 2-3 BSTs maybe.
By Diseaze 2011-10-05 00:35:01  
Has anyone tried fighting Lost Fairy Ring for the Moepapa Stone? If so, is it a possible BST solo with proper gear?
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-05 00:52:45  
No, its not at all. Tried to duo it, and it cleaned us out like an electronics store during a riot in Oakland.
[+]
By Diseaze 2011-10-05 12:31:50  
Haha that sucks! Would you say maybe 4-6 bat could possibly take it down? I don't play very often but know quite a few BSTs
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-05 12:53:14  
Deals around 1000 dmg every 3 seconds. I'm considering getting an army of SMNs and BSTs to spam-take it down, to make the belt more available.
By Darkhealer 2011-10-05 14:11:32  
Sorry to get off track a bit but was wondering if any BST have successfully solo'd glavoid or ulhuadshi? Any special setups to take them down? How about duo?

Thanks in advance
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-05 14:22:44  
I could imagine Glavoid is do-able, but with the healing factor it could be potentially dangerous if you aren't good with using Fight/Heel, while also being out of AOE range. Ulhuadashi is iffy because of the AoE stat drain, which basically renders your pet useless. When I had a BST helping on a low man fight, they did more harm than good.
By diddsey 2011-10-08 05:22:42  
Diseaze said: »
Has anyone tried fighting Lost Fairy Ring for the Moepapa Stone? If so, is it a possible BST solo with proper gear?

we went with 3 bst also and got wiped.next night went with 5 bst and a whm mule and won.max proc is essential for the drop.1st night got 1 drop .2nd night got 1 drop .3rd night got 3 when we finally figured out procs ect
By Diseaze 2011-10-09 00:25:19  
diddsey said: »

we went with 3 bst also and got wiped.next night went with 5 bst and a whm mule and won.max proc is essential for the drop.1st night got 1 drop .2nd night got 1 drop .3rd night got 3 when we finally figured out procs ect

I'm a bit unfamiliar with dynamis procs. Would you mind giving a quick run down on what to use for this guy?
 Shiva.Zykei
サーバ: Shiva
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2011-10-09 04:17:27  

I'm a bit unfamiliar with dynamis procs. Would you mind giving a quick run down on what to use for this guy?
Seconding this. Looked around on BG dynamis thread and found nothing about procs on NMs.

Tried doing Lost Fairy ring with the same setup not knowing what to expect, we ended up doing the twilight set dance and it depopped on us at 25% due to time limit. We found that it's best to have 2 pets on it at a time due to it's normal attacks are breath attacks with a (strong?) poison attached to it doing 800ish with -10DT hat on. Hate on it is as wonky as the normal Fairy ring but at least it doesn't have flee speed. With yuly TH, we only managed to farm 2 pops in an hr, pretty terrible droprate :(

GL hunting~
By diddsey 2011-10-09 05:03:58  
ok i will tell u what i know about proc but plz note i went in there with 0 knowledge and this info is by no means compleat or even a 100% accurate.first thing to note is get all the time extensions.1 or 2 TEs will give you yellow !! on stagger,3 or 4 will give you blue !! and all 5 will give you a red !! and that is full treasure hunter effect.
the stagger changes with the time of day simler to blue procs in abby they also change from mob to mob (just cos J/As are procing on 1 mob doesn't mean the NM is in J/A time) .the 3 staggers are magic,weapon skills and job ability.it seems the proc is locked on to the jobs in party that claimed it so if there are only bst in party it will be a axe W/S during that time (had a lot of sucsses with rampage and mistral axe but seen others proc) or J/A time it can be feral howl or ready for example...1st time we proced NN did it with sheep charge 0o i was like wft and if bst's are /dnc steps and flourishs.as for magic our whm mule got it once but not sure what with hope this helps g/l all
 Shiva.Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2011-10-09 05:38:30  
I see, I wasn't sure which proc time NMs follow. I assume it follows the same rules the family (in this case funguar) that is tied to it?
By diddsey 2011-10-09 12:19:08  
Shiva.Zykei said: »
I see, I wasn't sure which proc time NMs follow. I assume it follows the same rules the family (in this case funguar) that is tied to it?

errr i know nothing about "fungi family rules" as i said i had no prior knowledge of dyna procs before last week but using the above info we proc every time in ja and ws phase on the hippos we farm drops from and nm....magic is trickyer for us with just the mule as attension is on that players bst
 Shiva.Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2011-10-09 12:46:09  
Shiva.Zykei said: »

errr i know nothing about "fungi family rules" as i said i had no prior knowledge of dyna procs before last week but using the above info we proc every time in ja and ws phase on the hippos we farm drops from and nm....magic is trickyer for us with just the mule as attension is on that players bst
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Category:Dynamis#Dynamis_Proc_system

So you proc on the actual NM or not? I'm confused and your run-on sentences isn't helping.
By diddsey 2011-10-09 13:58:57  
yes we proc on nm
By Diseaze 2011-10-09 19:59:43  
Does anybody know if BST can solo Fafnir at 95?
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-10-09 20:23:05  
Does anybody know if BST can solo Fafnir at 95?
I'm pretty sure they could at 85 or 90, but do you really want to do it w/o any TH?
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-10-09 20:30:37  
few bsts from my server soloed fafnir and 1 perle bst that i saw, he was wearing double pdt axes tho and af3+2 legs
By Jacaut 2011-10-09 20:33:05  
I tried to solo tank kirin on bst while friends killed adds . . was very iffy ended up kiting with thf as i helped smn kill adds, at one time i was holding sieryu, genbu, and kirin lol. 20 dawn muslums and an hour later i got Nbody ;; aint no Wlegs >.< but it was extremely fun i must say
[+]
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-09 20:38:50  
Jacaut said: »
I tried to solo tank kirin on bst while friends killed adds . . was very iffy ended up kiting with thf as i helped smn kill adds, at one time i was holding sieryu, genbu, and kirin lol. 20 dawn muslums and an hour later i got Nbody ;; aint no Wlegs >.< but it was extremely fun i must say

haha that sounds awesome. im working on a popset and i dont have the resources to take a full party up there to help me. what was your setup just BST THF SMN? and what pet used? thx ^^
By Jacaut 2011-10-09 20:58:33  
Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »

haha that sounds awesome. im working on a popset and i dont have the resources to take a full party up there to help me. what was your setup just BST THF SMN? and what pet used? thx ^^

Ended up being bst rdm smn and a smn thf dual box just rotated avatars to whatever god popped for weakness the only problem was kirins magic, i assumed since Dipper resisted Jailer of Faith's stone i thought id be safe, but have to keep dipper @ 80% at all times do to stone, quake, etc.

We decided best strat. is thief kite kirin, as adds pop have bst pull them and bst+smn kill them. so 3-4 should be enough bst thf smn and a whm on thf for safety.

There was a lot of twilight set RR's holding kirin away from pt as they killed gods and such cause the run was realllly sloppy since we didnt know what we were doing. I honestly didnt know much about kirin, only fought him 2 times like 2 years ago, i didnt know he spammed tp moves, heat breath hurts, that was about it.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-09 21:18:55  
Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »

Ended up being bst rdm smn and a smn thf dual box just rotated avatars to whatever god popped for weakness the only problem was kirins magic, i assumed since Dipper resisted Jailer of Faith's stone i thought id be safe, but have to keep dipper @ 80% at all times do to stone, quake, etc.

We decided best strat. is thief kite kirin, as adds pop have bst pull them and bst+smn kill them. so 3-4 should be enough bst thf smn and a whm on thf for safety.

There was a lot of twilight set RR's holding kirin away from pt as they killed gods and such cause the run was realllly sloppy since we didnt know what we were doing. I honestly didnt know much about kirin, only fought him 2 times like 2 years ago, i didnt know he spammed tp moves, heat breath hurts, that was about it.

ahhh sweet. thanks much
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-18 22:51:31  
Just wondering if anyone has soloed Nidhogg? Havent seen anyone in this thread mention it. Probably going to give it a try soon as I buy a pop item. If so, any pointers, other than toss dawn mulsims? Oh even though I say solo, I'll prolly make a thief friend tag along to poke it a few times.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 28 29 30