フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST solos
BST solos
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 28 29 30
 Leviathan.Dodu
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-18 23:01:03  
May very well be overlooking something, but I have to imagine it'd be pretty easy. Yuly should have an extremely comfortable evasion rate, and you can position her to take minimal breath damage. The most annoying aspects of non-flying wyrms is negated due to your ability to keep doing damage during terror, and your tank not having any buffs to be dispelled.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Bravefencer
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Bravefencer 2011-10-18 23:03:12  
how about sobek? using dipper and eva atmas + alot of dawn mulsum to keep dipper in high HP.. think it will work?
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-18 23:08:18  
If anything, I'd think EVA axes and some sort of atma to reduce blizzaga damage would be preferable. I can't imagine a naked 90+ THF having enough trouble evading a Scars NM to warrant EVA atma. If you feel like shelling out for mulsum, you could probably use mostly DD atma.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-18 23:11:14  
Unrelated, but anyone have an estimate for the time it would take to create dual PDT and/or EVA axes? I've done all of one weather trial, ever, so I've little idea how long that takes. Feel worse and worse about not having either as we continue to level up, though. BST becomes stronger and stronger on old content.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-18 23:20:50  
Wind/Earth weather tend to be fairly common compared to other weathers (fire weather, I'm looking at you), so given the right month of the Vana'year (at least for wind), you should be able to knock it out pretty quickly. Use this to get an idea of when and where wind/earth weather are most frequent and choose targets accordingly:

FFXI Weather Forecast
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-18 23:40:37  
I've never had a weather trial go as fast as those -PDT axes and other people say the same thing. The Eldieme Necropolis (S) has earth weather almost everyday, many times 5+ days in a row. Even when it just says "sunny", there still can be dust. I think 5 trials straight are in there, its awesome. The 50(10) bees in water weather was pretty annoying, and leeches I ended up doing day of the week. Other than that, got both in less than a week without too much effort.

edit: oh also not sure what your RL schedule is like but my friend managed to make one in less than 20 hours or something
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-10-19 05:46:06  
BST solo Jormy

Pet Food Eta x105
Jug of cloudy wheat broth x2
Remedy x3

145mins

It isn't the full video which is kinda a bummer, but looks legit.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Bravefencer
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Bravefencer 2011-10-19 20:04:17  
Finally i succesfully soloed sobek last night used 4 pets (2 gorefang,2 dipper) 8 dawn mulsum 9 zetas and a lot of luck.. the only problem is the death move that was never resisted..keep pet at full at all times.. and need alot of luck.
By Otomis 2011-10-19 20:41:58  
Lakshmi.Bravefencer said: »
Finally i succesfully soloed sobek last night used 4 pets (2 gorefang,2 dipper) 8 dawn mulsum 9 zetas and a lot of luck.. the only problem is the death move that was never resisted..keep pet at full at all times.. and need alot of luck.

Just a tip, go /Dnc and keep up 5 steps full time, you can stun Blizzaga and TP moves. (*^.^*) Good luck next time.
 Shiva.Drossos
サーバ: Shiva
user: droseph
By Shiva.Drossos 2011-10-21 11:39:48  
HQ Serket solo. finished about 10 mins ago, still sttod in his home admiring the waterfall. I know it's not exactly much but i've been looking for revenge since i got him to 3% at Lv.80.
Took 3 Dipper's after i wasn't paying attention 100%
1 stack of Etas and a few Dawn Mulsum for when he tries to one-shot Dipper with Death/Hell Scissors (He succeeded once).
Fight took around 30 mins, if that.

BST/WHM
Pallas Shield + 1 pet -pdt axe
Mirke Ward. w/ Pet att and acc augs
Anwig Salade w/ pet haste + pdt augs

2 things missing from top spec reward:
Twilight Mail
Neptunes Pearl

Sandworm easy as ever, took 1 nazuna + 3 rewards
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: DanielH
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-10-21 15:51:03  
Lakshmi.Bravefencer said: »

Could try ATMA of the Einherjar if you have it.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-21 16:11:47  
Phoenix.Cathaldus said: »
Could try ATMA of the Einherjar if you have it.
Could try ATMA of the Einherjar
ATMA of the Einherjar
ATMA
 Odin.Machorz
サーバ: Odin
user: MacHorz
By Odin.Machorz 2011-10-23 13:33:11  
Did any one tried to do Aspi with BSt solo/dou? if did,how was it?
 Asura.Bitesized
サーバ: Asura
user: Bitesized
By Asura.Bitesized 2011-10-24 23:25:35  
Anyone try Hills are Alive at 95 yet?
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
user: DanielH
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-10-25 05:18:42  
Asura.Bitesized said: »
Anyone try Hills are Alive at 95 yet?

I messed about on the test-server, could hurt him but the regen was still too much.
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-10-25 05:57:09  
Odin.Machorz said: »
Did any one tried to do Aspi with BSt solo/dou? if did,how was it?
I'd imagine it'd go about the same as the KS99, aka Regen is too severe to kill.
 Quetzalcoatl.Atropa
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Atropa 2011-10-27 23:01:23  
Soloed Bahamut this morning. -pdt axe x2, Shepherd's Chain, Selemnus Belt, ACP body pet:Att & ACC, AF3+2 pants. Monster boots for reward. I started with Gorefang. It did ok at start, not liking Megaflare, it went down fast. Then tossed NN at him. Used: 1 Gorefang, 2 NN, 4 Eta biscuits. 12 minute fight.

Anyone got any tips on final Kupo Misson [Smash! Malevolent Menace] battle? Any strategies for solo/duo/trio?

Thank you
/cheers
By Xilk 2011-10-28 00:31:57  
final kupo mission can be solo'd. take either sheep, or julio or /sch for sleepga
let the pet do the work so you and move round and pay attention to what is going on.

drain and aspir work very well in this fight. I've drained the main guy for up to 800 before on bst/sch
the biggest concern is sleeping the moogle adds before they nuke you into oblivion. as long as you sleep them, your pet will rip them up quickly.

take a few mulsum in case..
 Quetzalcoatl.Atropa
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Atropa 2011-10-28 17:41:00  
Xilk said: »
final kupo mission can be solo'd. take either sheep, or julio or /sch for sleepga
let the pet do the work so you and move round and pay attention to what is going on.

drain and aspir work very well in this fight. I've drained the main guy for up to 800 before on bst/sch
the biggest concern is sleeping the moogle adds before they nuke you into oblivion. as long as you sleep them, your pet will rip them up quickly.

take a few mulsum in case..

Thank you, Xilk, for your response. Nice tips. =]
Very cool. I will give it a go this weekend.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-10-28 22:35:20  
Took Lugh to 78% before wiping, but was vastly unprepared.

5% and 2% PDT axes, +2 pants, some Eta, and no Dawn Mulsums. After about 10 level ups, he got pretty feisty, but even then he seems easy now with preparation.

Gonna give it another go when I get more prepared.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-28 22:46:07  
What pet u used? assuming yuly for bootz. If the fire based spells were a big issue could always use swiftsiegard for teh resist-fire coupled with watersday or something. Could still poke with yuly at the beginning or end, just swap out whenever its convenient. either way enough dawn muslims and anything is doable

edit: also wouldnt hurt to be spamming violent flourish, if it works. unless he has stupid amt of fast cast you could avoid a lot of the ga3 flare and level ups
 Carbuncle.Shokox
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-10-28 22:52:06  
Ahh yeah, used a Dipper. The fire nukes weren't actually a problem until he level'd up a bunch-- by then a few of his nukes started to get in unresisted.

And yeah, Dawn Mulsums would have definitely made it a win for sure either way. He was a total joke until he started going in on Dipper with more accuracy. Even then he was still missing a fair amount.

Gonna lvl up Cooking from 90-97 this weekend, so we'll see how it goes!
 Shiva.Hiep
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2011-10-28 23:14:02  
Odin.Upbeat said: »
BST solo Jormy

Pet Food Eta x105
Remedy x3

145mins

What song is that? x_x;; idk i thought it was catchy
 Unicorn.Rylet
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Rylet
By Unicorn.Rylet 2011-11-07 19:07:05  
Can't seem to find it but is it possible to solo Shin on bst w/o using a brew? expecting to spam lots of dawn's to do it but didn't know if anyone knew of it first hand
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-11-07 19:45:06  
Doesn't seem plausible to me. In order to survive you're going to likely be using 3 defensive atmas, resulting in pisspoor damage. Also the problem with pets is that its harder to face away to avoid healing Shin, meaning you will be spamming heel and fight, ultimately dying because of it probably. I don't see a jug pet downing shin :/ Spending 250k on dawn mulsums and not getting blue !! is just a waste of effort really

If the fight wasn't timed, it would be possible. The real cockblock is the 30 min timer
 Valefor.Aureleus
サーバ: Valefor
user: Aurelus
By Valefor.Aureleus 2011-11-07 20:19:53  
Shiva.Hiep said: »
Odin.Upbeat said: »
BST solo Jormy

Pet Food Eta x105
Remedy x3

145mins

What song is that? x_x;; idk i thought it was catchy

Crazy little Taru did that without RR on!
 Siren.Fattynoob
サーバ: Siren
user: Dreamasky
By Siren.Fattynoob 2011-11-07 22:42:41  
Like a boss. Nice vid, maybe he had a o0shit macro to throw twilight set on. I also, like the music :X
 Phoenix.Lilithx
user: Leine
By Phoenix.Lilithx 2011-11-08 15:19:53  
Persona 3 - Kimi No Kioku
 Asura.Bitesized
サーバ: Asura
user: Bitesized
By Asura.Bitesized 2011-11-08 17:57:36  
Those Who Lurk in Shadows (III) is easy, (the one for Ivory key for pet 0earring augments.) bst/nin put pet on orc and just run away and wait. Thats literally all you have to do. Not a bad idea for echos/antidotes/remedy if the rdm gets some debuffs on you somehow.

ACP finally fight is easier doing bst/blm. I equip no weapon and pallas shield so the summons are fisting. I use bunny for whirl claws but would probably work fine with any other pet. Stun the GAs. If your pet is taking damage faster than reward timer can handle, just heel pet if you don't want to waste mulsums.

I'm spamming these currently for the pet augments.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 28 29 30