Does Anyone Want Sky, Or Sea Gear? Maybe HNM Gear?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » Does anyone want Sky, or Sea gear? maybe HNM gear?
Does anyone want Sky, or Sea gear? maybe HNM gear?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-25 21:41:00  
Cyr said:
Avenged said:
Well as Highly as you talk of your LS icon, it isnt that great. The sacks are ***, not good people. They treat us like they are our parents.
Hell you do too. When people who are not sacks send you tells you ignore them. When people who are not sacks ask a question in LS chat, you ignore them. Players on bahamut, if you want to have a good time in your endgame instead of living in another house with moody parents all over again, dont join this shell.

And your post sounds a little conceited, dontcha think?

What choice does he have? His LS is probably full of people like you. One-jobbers with no real endgame experience. In terms of experience, you are children. And he must treat you as such until you begin to understand your role in the group, and are able to play that role efficiently.

There is a certain aspect of treating new people like children. In that you answer their questions as best you can no matter how stupid you think they are. Everyone asks noob questions when they're a noob, there's no shame in it. It's the people that have no idea what they're doing, do their own thing and DON'T ask questions that are the issue. (and don't listen)

Avenged said:
Players are people. Not pieces of meat that you tame into what you want them to be. Just because he is the "almighty LS leader" doesnt mean we have to bow down to him. We have other things to do that dont always revolve around the "leader", in game and IRL.

I totally agree with this. However, most leaders and sacks of well established EGLS's (especially HNM and dynamis) have a MASSIVE god complex. It's a fault of the leaders, they turn into elitist *** (not all, but a lot) and everyone else has to either like it or gtfo.
The leader of one of the most successful HNM shells on Odin also happens to be one of the biggest *** on the server. How the *** he got people to follow him long enough to become successful is beyond me, but now people follow him because like him or not (a lot of people in his shell don't, and pretty much everyone outside his shell don't) his shell IS successful.

The fact is, your options in shells are going to be limited, learn to swallow your pride and get yelled at by leaders who are ***. Usually they will actually have something to teach you if you know how to pay attention.

And leaders, learn how to not be ***, remember back to when you were a noob and think how your *** of a leader could have done it better.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Memimi
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Memimi
By Bahamut.Memimi 2009-02-25 22:11:42  
Hmmm. EG LS leaders that aren't jerks /and/ have successful shells? I'm afraid that is asking too much guys. I gave up a long time ago on finding one where I wouldn't have to deal with an elitist *** as a leader if I wanted a linkshell that wasn't a flop. Instead I just found an elitist *** I was more than willing to work hard for. <3

In all seriousness though. So what? The leader yells, gets angry, whatever. He's trying to get his point across so you will /learn/ to be successful. Like in my case... I know Cyr's "You suck." and "Great job with Stoneskin... not!" are all comments full of love and the desire to teach me to be good for him. <3

Well... and there is the fact that I /do/ suck and make up for it by trying to buy expensive gear that doesn't really help me much because of my lack of skill. :/
 Bahamut.Cyr
user: Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-02-25 22:35:24  
Memimi said:
Hmmm. EG LS leaders that aren't jerks /and/ have successful shells? I'm afraid that is asking too much guys. I gave up a long time ago on finding one where I wouldn't have to deal with an elitist *** as a leader if I wanted a linkshell that wasn't a flop. Instead I just found an elitist *** I was more than willing to work hard for. <3

In all seriousness though. So what? The leader yells, gets angry, whatever. He's trying to get his point across so you will /learn/ to be successful. Like in my case... I know Cyr's "You suck." and "Great job with Stoneskin... not!" are all comments full of love and the desire to teach me to be good for him. <3

Well... and there is the fact that I /do/ suck and make up for it by trying to buy expensive gear that doesn't really help me much because of my lack of skill. :/

Marry me ;;
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-25 22:38:27
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Memimi said:

Then I feel sorry for you.

A linkshell that doesn't know how to treat it's people is not one worth working for. Unless of course you're completely superficial and care only about getting your gear. Odds are if you fall into that category, you'd bail out once you got what you want.
 Bahamut.Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-02-25 22:43:45  
Artemicion said:
Memimi said:

Then I feel sorry for you.

A linkshell that doesn't know how to treat it's people is not one worth working for. Unless of course you're completely superficial and care only about getting your gear. Odds are if you fall into that category, you'd bail out once you got what you want.

My babies know I love them. Its an odd relationship, but I will never ask for more than I know they can give. And I only reprimand when I know they are capable of more.
 Bahamut.Memimi
By Bahamut.Memimi 2009-02-25 22:47:40  
Wow Cyr... that has to be my favorite thing you've said... ever. Besides... you know... "Quit sucking."
 Bahamut.Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-02-25 22:50:24  
By the way, go level your melee subs -_-

And you wonder why I never want you to come drg to anything.

I don't care if you just got drg to 75, that is just ridiculous, lol.
 Bahamut.Memimi
By Bahamut.Memimi 2009-02-25 22:52:17  
Cyr said:
By the way, go level your melee subs -_-

And you wonder why I never want you to come drg to anything.

I don't care if you just got drg to 75, that is just ridiculous, lol.

; ;

I haz /SAM.
 Bahamut.Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-02-25 23:07:59  
You can take your useless /SAM and go die to some AoE.
 Bahamut.Memimi
By Bahamut.Memimi 2009-02-25 23:15:12  
Cyr said:

; ;

It's okay... I'm used to it... remember when I went to Einherjar as DRG? I died like 4 times. I was so useless. lol I'll get that last level in NIN... just for you. <3
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-25 23:17:32  
Avenged said:
Players are pieces of meat.

Fixed. When you get this idea down in everyone's head, you get to throw as many people at a mob as you need to kill it as fast as possible.

Grab 100 people, sic them at Genbu, and have fun.

On a side note: This post is flavored with sarcasm. So much sarcasm that it makes sloppy-joes drip on themselves.
 Bahamut.Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-02-25 23:17:46  
Memimi said:
Cyr said:

; ;

It's okay... I'm used to it... remember when I went to Einherjar as DRG? I died like 4 times. I was so useless. lol I'll get that last level in NIN... just for you. <3

That is why I strategically tell the healers to let the /SAMs die. Over and over. 'til they learn their goddamn lesson <_<;
 Bahamut.Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-02-25 23:37:23  
Korpg said:
Avenged said:

Fixed. When you get this idea down in everyone's head, you get to throw as many people at a mob as you need to kill it as fast as possible.

On a side note: This post is flavored with sarcasm. So much sarcasm that it makes sloppy-joes drip on themselves.

I actually agree with the edited quote. The majority of players in this game are meat. The only time I interact with them is to use them to get myself levels. Even then, I replace players mid-party very frequently without warning, especially when they piss me off or aren't up to par.

Of course, I do not feel this way about my LS members. Though they aren't always the brightest bulbs, I honestly love each and every one of them. Their quirks and mess-ups are half the fun, and its even more fulfilling to teach them how to do things better and actually having them learn from it to develop a sense of self-betterment.

The only people left in the LS are the ones willing to listen.

And don't get me wrong, I wouldn't even be able to play this game if it weren't for our little group. They bring me that much enjoyment.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-26 00:39:21

Cyr said:
Korpg said:
Avenged said:

I actually agree with the edited quote. The majority of players in this game are meat. The only time I interact with them is to use them to get myself levels. Even then, I replace players mid-party very frequently without warning, especially when they piss me off or aren't up to par.

Of course, I do not feel this way about my LS members. Though they aren't always the brightest bulbs, I honestly love each and every one of them. Their quirks and mess-ups are half the fun, and its even more fulfilling to teach them how to do things better and actually having them learn from it to develop a sense of self-betterment.

And don't get me wrong, I wouldn't even be able to play this game if it weren't for our little group. They bring me that much enjoyment.

You know, I really hope this only applies in game. Otherwise I have a good feeling you will grow to be a very bitter, pissed off and lonely old man.
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-02-26 00:57:59  
Well where to start....

Actually I've no clue where to start, so bear with me...

@ OP... icon man lol your Public Relation skill -100 bro. I see your point as funny and often as it seem to be happening but i think you might have just lost a chance to recruit people here.

@ Avenged... man I've never done anything to you, you could have talked to me. I am a fan of the 'open door' policy and would have worked with you and then our other sacks and leads to try to eliminate issues.

I urge you guys to look past iconoclasm's post. He does work hard to ensure our Linkshell succeeds. I think this sudden post comes from the recent people that have:
--Joined and not attended events
--Secretly attend events in other shells without telling us, kinda screws our options for camping sometimes

It's been frustrating on him and us sacks yet is no reason to flame the general population of Bahamut.

Yes we are a newer LS, Yes we have some hardcore players that sometimes seem to belittle players. Only thing I can say to that is they may not know how they come off, after all its a game, and people tell it how it is. there is just no consequence.

A few members in mind tend to yell/insult more than they should as they are serious EndGame players and are pushing our newer members to learn.

I apologize to anyone insulted as that's not the PR we want to have. Trust that I am going to bring this up at our next sack meeting and other issues we may have.

~ Nomadikhan, Sack of Absolution

P.S.
@Avenged - Good luck with w/e shell you go to man, it's a game and we all deserve to have fun

P.S.
If anyone wants to seriously talk about this instead of going off-topic on random stuff you cna PM me here. Consider me the FFXIAH PR coordinator >.>
 Fairy.Raikan
サーバ: Fairy
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-02-26 01:26:59  
User submitted image

Cyr: Thank you for being on Bahamut.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-26 01:28:32  
<3 Nuklearpower!
 Bahamut.Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-02-26 01:36:12  
Meh, well I'm sorry for having a low tolerance for stupidity and stubbornness. ;;
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-26 01:39:48

Cyr said:
Meh, well I'm sorry for having a low tolerance for stupidity and stubbornness. ;;

Based on your overall attitude it comes off more like having a low tolerance for human beings in general. I'm sure there's more depth to your reasoning that obviously cannot be seen from text posts in forums but I find it difficult to give you the benefit of the doubt in this case.

Kaneko said:
Good lord. *** much?
I'm surprised you have any friends. ._.

This.
 Bahamut.Jhi
user: Jhi
By Bahamut.Jhi 2009-02-26 01:42:29  
Kaneko said:
Cyr said:

Good lord. *** much?
I'm surprised you have any friends. ._.

I *KNEW* I wasn't the only one to do that.. <3 Cyr
 Bahamut.Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-02-26 01:53:19  
I love you, Jhi.

I hope you never get your maat's cap. You'll quit like everyone else ;;

Who will pay for my account, then? :\

This may come off as fluff, but I think Bahamut's Endgame Shells would do better and be more respected if Leaders and Sacks acted as friends that give constructive criticism and care about their members, instead of acting like greedy bosses out for themselves.

The reason I started up my own shell is because there are very few leaders or shells on this server that I respect or would be willing to work under. I play FFXI to enjoy it, not to be bossed around in it by people who think they're better than everyone else because they've played longer, have more LV75's, or have Maat's Cap - whichever. Sadly none of those things makes someone better than anyone else.

For me its your attitude, personality, lack of greed, and sense of loyalty that makes you better than other people, whether you have one LV75 or all jobs @ 75.

Sadly, most people (at least on this server) seem to display none of those traits.

But absolutely... Quality > Quantity. I'd rather do Dynamis with 12-15 people or Fafnir with 6 people that listen and know what they're doing, than with 18-30+ people that are *** and don't listen at all.

If you had to choose between;

A. Shell that takes three Alliances to Fafnir, only to bot claim and barely kill before rage.

B. Shell that kills Fafnir in 15 minutes with 6 people.

Which would you pick? >.>

I also think Points System makes a huge difference too. Job fairness and member fairness will take you a long way.

/endrant

Anyways, Ico, good luck with your LS. :D

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-26 02:26:22  
Aledacia said:

I play FFXI to enjoy it, not to be bossed around in it by people who think they're better than everyone else because they've played longer, have more LV75's, or have Maat's Cap - whichever. Sadly none of those things makes someone better than anyone else.

Unfortunally, for Asura's EGLS, at least a couple of them....thats like the requirements for some of the leaders and admins....

Like Tribe....

And 24/7...

Both who bot. Both who Dual-box their 75s. Both who like to throw 30-50 members on a king to kill it (I actually saw this happen recently, where 24/7 kept throwing members at King Behemoth until it died, like 15-20 people died when I got there and KB was already at 55%)

So, this isn't just a Bahamut thing, its a game-wide problem.
 Bahamut.Memimi
By Bahamut.Memimi 2009-02-26 02:41:19  
Cyr said:
Korpg said:
Avenged said:

; ; I love you too.
 Bahamut.Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-02-26 03:02:17  
*'-')

Why does everyone have to hate on us, Memicakes? ;;
 Bahamut.Memimi