Battery Charge Gimp.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Battery charge gimp.
Battery charge gimp.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-03 09:53:20  
"The maximum amount of MP restorable with the blue magic spell "Battery Charge" will be increased. This will be accomplished by reducing the rate of MP restoration slightly, but increasing the total duration of the spell effect."

To all you people saying it's jumping the gun calling it a gimp...

Currently you spend 50 mp to get 4/tic for 2.5 min, ie 50 ticks to restore 200 mp. Which nets you 150 mp in that time which averages out to 3/tic net gain.

Lowering the rate will hopefully only go down to 3/tic. Yeah yeah it will last longer and you will get more per cast. Except the only way 3/tic refresh could get you more mp over time than something that nets you 3/tic is if casting it costed negative mp no matter how long it last.

Which means no matter what this will lower our mp recovery.

So FU you SE. Guess I'm going to go back to asking rdms for refresh again since that will be more mp. /sigh
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-03 09:55:32  
For soloing etc, this is gonna be a upgrade.
Anything where you wanna kill stuff asap I can see your point I guess.. kinda:P
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-03 10:07:22  
Even soloing it will be less mp over time... I guess you could say it is easier since you don't have to remember to recast it or something. But still less mp is less mp
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-03 10:10:38  
You wont ever use it anymore anyways.
"GIMMEH A REFRESH II!" =p
After thinking about it I can really see your point tho >_<
Less of an arguement than I wanted it to be Q_Q
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-03 10:16:09  
Hell yeah refresh II. Not like rdms every refreshed me in the first place lol. Unless of course I have battery charge up. Thanks for overwriting my higher refresh ***
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-03 10:19:28  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Hell yeah refresh II. Not like rdms every refreshed me in the first place lol. Unless of course I have battery charge up. Thanks for overwriting my higher refresh ***

I allways refreshed BLUs >_<
Useless without MP.. so why not refresh a BLU? idk..
[+]
サーバ: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-09-03 10:21:25  
look at the bright side your gonna be getting new spells in the next update. Plus its not like SE went and made the spell trash. They just made it a little less powerful.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-09-03 10:23:17  
Lazy or we're last priority.

I honestly liked being able to take care of all my own buffs, I hate when refresh wears and I go a long time without it. I hope they at least extend the duration to 5 mins. I just don't understand why they felt the need to gimp blu. It's not like we're overpowered or anything.
 Asura.Kadoyuu
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kadoyuu 2010-09-03 10:24:24  
Ugh... I liked the 4tic refresh )= Stupid SE D: I knew they where gonna gimp it eventually
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-03 10:27:41  
It's really lame consider the fact everyone is going to be spending mp faster. It's just the natural result of getting more lvls... and because of that they increase brd AND rdms ability to refresh... but lowered blus!?! WTFMATE
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-03 10:31:25  
Dasva, you're panicking, and your argument makes zero sense. "no matter his long it will last" I'm sorry, but what the ***? If it costs 50mp, gives even 2mp a tick,(for argument sake), after an hour, lets say it lasts that long. That means you would get a total of 1600mp minus the spell cost, for a total of 1550mp gained. Which disproves the "no matter how long it lasts" argument. And let's be realistic, 3mp/tick, for 5min works out to be 300mp, which is a net GAIN of 250mp. Better than current battery charge. And asking a rdm for refresh, when you don't want to spend the mp to get it yourself is inconsiderate, a RDM's mp pool isn't any less important than a blu, unless the blu is spamming head butt.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-09-03 10:31:57  
It just means you'll spend more time passing the 200 MP threshold that 4/tick did faster... THEN you'll be getting more MP back. It's a buff, depending --

Less than 5 mins, it's a nerf.

5~7 mins it's a minor buff.

8~10 Mins, it's a very good buff.

Take your guesses. :P

Lazy or Last Priority like the other person said, and Lazy sounds good.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-03 10:37:00  
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Dasva, you're panicking, and your argument makes zero sense. "no matter his long it will last" I'm sorry, but what the ***? If it costs 50mp, gives even 2mp a tick,(for argument sake), after an hour, lets say it lasts that long. That means you would get a total of 1600mp minus the spell cost, for a total of 1550mp gained. Which disproves the "no matter how long it lasts" argument. And let's be realistic, 3mp/tick, for 5min works out to be 300mp, which is a net GAIN of 250mp. Better than current battery charge.
ACtually your argument makes no sense.

It doesn't matter how long it last because it will always average less than 3/tic.

It's simple math. If you are refreshing 3/tic and you spend mp... you've gain less than 3/tic no matter what. It is impossible to have gained as much.

While it currently averages 3/tic AFTER counting mp cost. So it nets you 150 mp per cast that is 2.5 min

Or for the sake of your numbers if you had just recasted it now for an hour netting 150 mp every 2.5 minutes you would've netted 3600 mp. That is ALOT more than your 1550 at 2/tic 1 hour duration.

Or if it's your 3/tic for 5 min. Nets you 250 mp in that time.

But cast it currently twice and you would've netted 300 mp in the same amount of time.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-03 10:41:00  
Truth be told it is a punch in the nuts. But now that rdm has refresh II, I will be bugging them all the *** time.

Also in abyssea with atma of the stormbird, I don't care as much. I had 9 mp per tick on my rdm last night, and literally could not run out of mp. I'd be able to manage just fine in abyssea with 8 a tick on my blu (9 with relic body).

I don't know if SE even realizes how broken some of those atmas are.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-03 10:55:09  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Dasva, you're panicking, and your argument makes zero sense. "no matter his long it will last" I'm sorry, but what the ***? If it costs 50mp, gives even 2mp a tick,(for argument sake), after an hour, lets say it lasts that long. That means you would get a total of 1600mp minus the spell cost, for a total of 1550mp gained. Which disproves the "no matter how long it lasts" argument. And let's be realistic, 3mp/tick, for 5min works out to be 300mp, which is a net GAIN of 250mp. Better than current battery charge.
ACtually your argument makes no sense.

It doesn't matter how long it last because it will always average less than 3/tic.

It's simple math. If you are refreshing 3/tic and you spend mp... you've gain less than 3/tic no matter what. It is impossible to have gained as much.

While it currently averages 3/tic AFTER counting mp cost. So it nets you 150 mp per cast that is 2.5 min

Or for the sake of your numbers if you had just recasted it now for an hour netting 150 mp every 2.5 minutes you would've netted 3600 mp. That is ALOT more than your 1550 at 2/tic 1 hour duration.

Or if it's your 3/tic for 5 min. Nets you 250 mp in that time.

But cast it currently twice and you would've netted 300 mp in the same amount of time.
You're caught up in the on the ratio, forget the ratio, and focus on the outcome. Sure you get 3mp/tick now, but after 10 min, it costs 200mp, to keep it going, over all 800 mp, for a total reward of 600mp, versus the new formula at 10 min,it only costs 100mp, you obtain 600mp, and get back 500mp. so yes the value is less, but the purchase isn't as expensive. 200spent, for every 600 you get back, or 100, for every 500. In other words, if I spend 200mp my way, I get back 1000, where you get 600.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-03 10:59:43  
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
You're caught up in the on the ratio, forget the ratio, and focus on the outcome. Sure you get 3mp/tick now, but after 10 min, it costs 200mp, to keep it going, over all 800 mp, for a total reward of 600mp, versus the new formula at 10 min,it only costs 100mp, you obtain 600mp, and get back 500mp. so yes the value is less, but the purchase isn't as expensive. 200spent, for every 600 you get back, or 100, for every 500. In other words, if I spend 200mp my way, I get back 1000, where you get 600.
You are too caught up in the mp per cast. I don't give 2 shits how much per cast I get. I care about how much I recovery over time. Which will now be less.

I mean by that logic you could say 2/tic sublimation would beat even a 10/tic refresh because you spent 0 mp to get it!!!

Not matter what math you do this will result in less mp over time. And mp spent shouldn't be compared to what you net. It should be compared to what you got total.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-03 11:04:52  
Dasva is right. It's going to be a hit to BLU. But now I don't need to set battery charge because I'll be receiving refresh II. I'll get to pester the ***out of RDMs.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-03 11:07:09  
So......spending 10000mp to get 10002mp is good? In essence that's drastically the same argument. Foolish imo, but whatever,
By Raldo 2010-09-03 11:09:53  
Perhaps it's better to explain the math.

Current battery charge:
-50mp (Cost)
+200mp (Gain over 2.5min)
------
+150mp (Net gain over 2.5min)
x2 (Extended to 5 minutes to make the comparison)
------
+300mp (Net gain over 5 min)

New battery charge (probably):
-50mp (Cost)
+300mp (Gain over 5min)
------
+250mp (Net gain over 5 min)

If you continue the math out to whatever duration you want, regardless of the duration chosen, a 3/tick refresh with a cost of 50mp will always net you 50 less mp than it currently does.

This is what Dsava is trying to get at. You will get less mp if they lower it to 3/tick.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-03 11:11:36  
Here I will do a really really really extreme example.

Let's say it's 3mp/tic cost 50 and last for 2hours. So 2400 tics.

That would be 3mp/tic*2400tics -50mp = 7150 net mp.

Currently it is 50 tics and would need 48 recast.

So 48*(4mp/tic*50tics -50mp)= 7200.

Still more mp gained in the same amount of time even with a lol 2 hour duration
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-03 11:14:36  
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
So......spending 10000mp to get 10002mp is good? In essence that's drastically the same argument. Foolish imo, but whatever,
And your arugment is effectly that manafont is the better than all the refresh in the world cause its free!!!

I mean sure you only really save maybe 2k mp in that time and have to wait for 2 hours but you spent nothing!!!

Forget the fact you could've refreshed 3X that in that time.

[+]
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-09-03 11:16:51  
Dasva, if you know the MPCost:MPtick ratio averages out to the same as Refresh I, why complain when they are giving the same thing, but with a longer duration and more MP gained? They won't do us wrong with a 2/tick. THAT's a slap to the face.

If you think about it, they are actually doing us a double favor -- we don't have to worry about maintaining Refresh, therefore keeping up our other BLU mage duties (mainly looking at damage dealing), and then it's more MP back over time.

But yeah, it would go back to how long the duration is. Anything 5 mins or less is a nerf, as I have mentioned earlier.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-03 11:18:19  
I understand your math on it, but I look to more of the efficiency of the spell. Idk, I think of it like an investment. Nor as bad of a nerf as you're upset as about.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-03 11:21:03  
Carbuncle.Shokox said:
Dasva, if you know the MPCost:MPtick ratio averages out to the same as Refresh I, why complain when they are giving the same thing, but with a longer duration and more MP gained? They won't do us wrong with a 2/tick. THAT's a slap to the face.

If you think about it, they are actually doing us a double favor -- we don't have to worry about maintaining Refresh, therefore keeping up our other BLU mage duties (mainly looking at damage dealing), and then it's more MP back over time.

But yeah, it would go back to how long the duration is. Anything 5 mins or less is a nerf, as I have mentioned earlier.
100% agree, and it still saves having to rely on a rdm
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-03 11:22:42  
Carbuncle.Shokox said:
Because it only ratios out that way currently because you are casting battery charge and not casting refresh.

If you had to cast refresh on yourself it would be lower. Which of course means now a rdm casting refresh I on you after this update will be more mp for you.

Seriously look at the math. Now sure it might not be that bad of a nerf. Then again it could be really bad. But regardless it is a nerf.
[+]
By Raldo 2010-09-03 11:23:17  
I wonder if they could make the ticks alternate between 3 and 4mp/tick refresh. If the duration were extended to 5 minutes, that would match the current net mp gain of battery charge. Then everybody would be happy.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-03 11:25:46  
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
I understand your math on it, but I look to more of the efficiency of the spell. Idk, I think of it like an investment. Nor as bad of a nerf as you're upset as about.
It's only more efficient in pure mp spent/mp gotten. But being a mp recovered over time you have to consider time.

It's like comparing a blms aspir to a rdm chainspell aspir. *** yeah blm is alot more efficent at it. But I got 20 more in so got more mp lol.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2010-09-03 11:26:37  
wait until you find out Refresh II is only self-target....
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7