Battery Charge Gimp.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Battery charge gimp.
Battery charge gimp.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Diabolos.Mmbacon
サーバ: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Mmbacon
By Diabolos.Mmbacon 2010-09-03 17:36:29  
Ramuh.Scizor said:
BLU has refresh, you didn't have it before....stop bitching seriously.

ImAhaveto....

Agreewidis...
サーバ: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-09-03 17:37:32  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Bojack said:
Just take Battery Charge off you spells sets when you solo/have no refresher so you can just go back to when you didn't have it and stop complaining lol.
This is, in all seriousness, about the dumbest response you could make to this adjustment.

I was really hoping nobody would actually say this. We got something good and it's needlessly getting toned down. Why wouldn't we have an issue with that? Battery Charge is not overpowered in its current state. Any adjustment that reduces its effectiveness is thus unnecessary barring some really epic spells and traits that would somehow be precisely balanced by a nerf of less than 1/tic.

Progression is the name of the game right now. This change does not reflect that.
Well I think the blue mages should just let this go (I mean in the end the change they made to it wasn't that big anyway) The spell is still a great one and you guys have more spells otw which im sure will be powerful. I personaly think that as has been said on page 1 of this thread this isn't a big deal.

Then again I don't play the blue mage job so I guess my opinion won't matter. :/
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-09-03 17:41:54  
Ramuh.Scizor said:

We don't even know what they plan to do exactly but the simple fact is it's gunna be worse. Blu is not by any means overpowered by having this spell and blu is no where near as powerful nor useful as other jobs. We did not need to be gimped, I mean it's like gimping bst. How would you like it if they took away one of your new pets? But, you didn't have it before, obviously it means nothing. Effectively loosing mp is loosing damage/utility. This is a game of progression, and blu just digressed where all other jobs are getting a boost. The argument, "you didn't have it before" doesn't mean anything.

When 85 cap comes out and everyone expects to get refresh subbed, what happens if SE decides to say, nah it's only gunna be 2/tic when subbed. Do you think people will ***? Hell yes they will and don't try to redirect this, that is exactly the same thing. Go post what you said in that thread if it is made and see how fast you get shot down.

Plus, this is the internet, let us *** for god's sake. It isn't hurting you.
 Sylph.Binckry
サーバ: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2010-09-03 17:43:43  
Refresh > No Refresh?
[+]
 Diabolos.Mmbacon
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Mmbacon
By Diabolos.Mmbacon 2010-09-03 17:49:29  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Ramuh.Scizor said:

We don't even know what they plan to do exactly but the simple fact is it's gunna be worse. Blu is not by any means overpowered by having this spell and blu is no where near as powerful nor useful as other jobs. We did not need to be gimped, I mean it's like gimping bst. How would you like it if they took away one of your new pets? But, you didn't have it before, obviously it means nothing. Effectively loosing mp is loosing damage/utility. This is a game of progression, and blu just digressed where all other jobs are getting a boost. The argument, "you didn't have it before" doesn't mean anything.

When 85 cap comes out and everyone expects to get refresh subbed, what happens if SE decides to say, nah it's only gunna be 2/tic when subbed. Do you think people will ***? Hell yes they will and don't try to redirect this, that is exactly the same thing. Go post what you said in that thread if it is made and see how fast you get shot down.

One...did you really just say blue is not nearly as powerful or useful as other jobs...?

Every situation has a place where individual jobs shine.
It's my main job which I take to all ls events. Dyna/Limb/Ein/ZNM/Abys; I have no problem being useful on it either.

Secondly, your right it's the lolinternet battle zone...which means if he wants to *** about our bitching then he can, I mean what did you just say?. Seriously your ending statement didn't make much sense...if your upset at him bitching at us bitching about a job...when you just said it's OK to ***.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-03 17:50:07  
Sylph.Binckry said:
Refresh > No Refresh?
Refresh > weaker refresh > no refresh

What Sekundes said.
[+]
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-09-03 17:51:34  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
It's annoying when people wine about things they can't change (this case especially since the subject in question is a very minor thing to wine about).
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-03 17:54:37  
Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
It's annoying when people wine about things they can't change (this case especially since the subject in question is a very minor thing to wine about).
I can name a variety of recent topics where player feedback had a definite impact. Everything is subject to change right now.

As for minor changes, how would you feel if I told you that you could no longer wear feet equipment?

Seriously, call it minor but it has an impact and it's a step in the wrong direction.
 Ramuh.Scizor
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-09-03 17:57:58  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Ramuh.Scizor said:

I think your really missing the point....you didn't have refresh before and now you do. Even if it was 1/tic its still better than nothing, if I was BLU full time id be grateful about having any form of refresh.

Also how is reducing the tic rate going to gimp BLU...? I don't understand
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-03 17:59:12  
Ramuh.Scizor said:
I think your really missing the point....you didn't have refresh before and now you do. Even if it was 1/tic its still better than nothing, if I was BLU full time id be grateful about having any form of refresh.

No, I think you're the one missing the point. From a balance perspective, it's unnecessary. It's not about then and now, it's about how things shape up across the game as a whole.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-09-03 18:01:51  
I really think they just will drop it to 3 a tick and extend duration. They really are being nice to blu in recent updates, I don't sense a nerf.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-09-03 18:01:59  
Diabolos.Mmbacon said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Ramuh.Scizor said:

One...did you really just say blue is not nearly as powerful or useful as other jobs...?

Every situation has a place where individual jobs shine.
It's my main job which I take to all ls events. Dyna/Limb/Ein/ZNM/Abys; I have no problem being useful on it either.

Secondly, your right it's the lolinternet battle zone...which means if he wants to *** about our bitching then he can, I mean what did you just say?. Seriously your ending statement didn't make much sense...if your upset at him bitching at us bitching about a job...when you just said it's OK to ***.
FFXI is about specialization. Blu can do a lot of things at once but outside of abyssea I never got to use it much. People want damage? I go drg. People want nukes? Blm People want support? Rdm. I love my blu but I get stuck on other jobs because blu can't do as good of a job in enough situations to warrant expending a pt slot for it.

But this is another topic all together so I'll stop derailing.

As for the bitching. If we tuck our tails and take it there is NO chance for a revision. Nightfyre has the right idea here. Strong feedback is the only way to have shot at saving what we had.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-09-03 18:02:19  
Even if it is nerfed, we did just fine w/o it, and with refresh 2 in pt situations won't matter at all. During solo use, it will just be a slight inconvenience.
 Ramuh.Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-09-03 18:04:56  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ramuh.Scizor said:

No, I think you're the one missing the point. From a balance perspective, it's unnecessary. It's not about then and now, it's about how things shape up across the game as a whole.

BLU has not had any injustice made against it and it hasn't been gimped in any way, shape or form.

You've been given a nice little boost, appreciate what your given and stop bitching about SE adjusting it. If they had said "were going to remove the spell from the game" then sure id understand.
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-09-03 18:05:49  
It's just unfortunate news, is all. For certain they could be doing any number of other things to potentially buff the job, for all we know (like adding new tiers to autorefresh or conserve MP traits, or adding those features to those empyrean armour pieces)--but we have no data on that.

So it is natural that people (BLU players) focus their attention on the bit of bad news they do concretely talk about. :/
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-03 18:07:43  
Any negative tweak on a job already struggling to find acceptance with the general community is too much. I don't care about your then and now appreciation ***. Battery Charge now is good. Battery Charge as of this coming Wednesday is less good for no apparent reason. It's not balanced. BLU needs an upward push, not a reduction in refresh rate.
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-09-03 18:09:01  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I can name a variety of recent topics where player feedback had a definite impact. Everything is subject to change right now.

As for minor changes, how would you feel if I told you that you could no longer wear feet equipment?

Seriously, call it minor but it has an impact and it's a step in the wrong direction.
..... I don't think feet equipment is minor. If SE took somhing from one of my jobs (like for exsample lessened the trait of my MAB as a blm) I would be annoyed but I would deal with it. Sure maybe my fighting capablitys would be reduced but i'd find a way around it and would still enjoy the game.

Sure maybe complaining about this may get SE attention but chances are they made this change for a reason that you won't be able to see. So most likly they aren't gonna turn around and turn it back to the way it was.

If you feel that this change way Soooooo unfair then by all means wine but I don't think (in this case) that SE will change there minds so all you will be doing is making yourself feel bad.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-03 18:10:58  
..... I don't think feet equipment is minor.
But you think 7% is? 1/15=6.667%, and many slots are more valuable than your feet. The analogy fits.
 Ramuh.Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-09-03 18:11:20  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Any negative tweak on a job already struggling to find acceptance with the general community is too much. I don't care about your then and now ***. It's. Not. Balanced. BLU needs an upward push, not a reduction in refresh rate.

You really cant play the under appreciated job card im afraid, that's reserved for PUP.

BLU is already accepted and a strong damage dealing job...
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-09-03 18:11:45  
Ramuh.Scizor said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ramuh.Scizor said:

BLU has not had any injustice made against it and it hasn't been gimped in any way, shape or form.

You've been given a nice little boost, appreciate what your given and stop bitching about SE adjusting it. If they had said "were going to remove the spell from the game" then sure id understand.

If we are taken down to 3 per tick that leaves us worse off than we were. How is that not gimped? Extended duration? This was covered last page, go back and read it and look at what Dasva said.

I understand what you're trying to say. It's a net improvement from 5 months ago but we honestly needed it and will need it even more when/if they release new damage spells that cost 90-110 per cast.

To me, it's a matter of having something and then having it taken away.

When mages realized that /sch's ascension wouldn't work with haste, they were angry but not nearly so much as they would have been if they had gotten to have it and then it was gimped my making ascension haste only have 10% haste later.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-03 18:12:00  
Ramuh.Scizor said:
BLU is already accepted and a strong damage dealing job...
When did this happen?
[+]
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-09-03 18:12:17  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
..... I don't think feet equipment is minor.
But you think 7% is? 1/15=6.667%, and many slots are more valuable than your feet. The analogy fits.
My post still stands.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-03 18:14:02  
As do mine, so I suppose we're at a stalemate.
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-09-03 18:15:08  
Ramuh.Scizor said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ramuh.Scizor said:
I think your really missing the point....you didn't have refresh before and now you do. Even if it was 1/tic its still better than nothing, if I was BLU full time id be grateful about having any form of refresh. Also how is reducing the tic rate going to gimp BLU...? I don't understand
BLU has not had any injustice made against it and it hasn't been gimped in any way, shape or form. You've been given a nice little boost, appreciate what your given and stop bitching about SE adjusting it. If they had said "were going to remove the spell from the game" then sure id understand.

Any MP-using job that has a relatively low MP pool and is unable to rest (like PLD, DRK, or BLU in particular) is heavily reliant on the MP/tic equation.

That is why for some jobs like PLD, at one point in the game having a large MP pool was considered an advantage (Taru, Hume, Mithra) while a smaller pool was detrimental (Elvaan, Galka)...at least until various means of refresh/autorefresh/item refresh allowed MP/tic to balance out that factor to a large degree. Now, the size of a (non-converting) PLD's maximum MP pool is not as critical to performance so long as sufficient refresh is applied to meet MP expended.

This is certainly the case with BLU also, which spends MP like water and similarly cannot feasibly rest. MP/tic is a critical issue, and a nerf to it is pretty significant sadly.
[+]
 Ramuh.Zangada
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2010-09-03 18:18:16  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Sylph.Binckry said:
Refresh > No Refresh?
Refresh > weaker refresh > no refresh What Sekundes said.

We had refresh, it was called rdm, also spells and af2 body gave 2mp/tick. So now we just get an aveage spell or beg a rdm for refresh 2. TY se u just cant leave anything alone.

I think they saw we were having too much fun, i know that makes se angry.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-09-03 18:18:29  
Fenrir.Schutz said:
Ramuh.Scizor said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ramuh.Scizor said:
I think your really missing the point....you didn't have refresh before and now you do. Even if it was 1/tic its still better than nothing, if I was BLU full time id be grateful about having any form of refresh. Also how is reducing the tic rate going to gimp BLU...? I don't understand
BLU has not had any injustice made against it and it hasn't been gimped in any way, shape or form. You've been given a nice little boost, appreciate what your given and stop bitching about SE adjusting it. If they had said "were going to remove the spell from the game" then sure id understand.

Any MP-using job that has a relatively low MP pool and is unable to rest (like PLD, DRK, or BLU in particular) is heavily reliant on the MP/tic equation.

That is why for some jobs like PLD, at one point in the game having a large MP pool was considered an advantage (Taru, Hume, Mithra) while a smaller pool was detrimental (Elvaan, Galka)...at least until various means of refresh/autorefresh/item refresh allowed MP/tic to balance out that factor to a large degree. Now, the size of a (non-converting) PLD's maximum MP pool is not as critical to performance so long as sufficient refresh if applied to meet MP expended.

This is certainly the case with BLU also, which spends MP like water and similarly cannot feasibly rest. MP/tic is a critical issue, and a nerf to it is pretty significant sadly.

I agree completely. The difference 1 tic can make is significant. For those who don't think so go take duelists from rdm and see what kinda ***storm goes down.
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-09-03 18:19:49  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
As do mine, so I suppose we're at a stalemate.
Fair enough but lets just see what new spells blue mage gets in the next update before we pass jugement on what SE has done here.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-09-03 18:21:01  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ramuh.Scizor said:

He got the point, you guys are just going overboard with it. It's a very minor change, and won't affect the current stance of Blue Mage in any way.

And it is about then and now, 3 tick or 4 tick, it's better than no Refresh at all. Indeed, 3 tick or 4 tick, Refresh II will definitely be better in every way. You won't notice an overwhelming change in BLU from this vs new spells and JA, trust me.
[+]
 Ramuh.Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-09-03 18:24:44  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Fenrir.Schutz said:
Ramuh.Scizor said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ramuh.Scizor said:

That is why for some jobs like PLD, at one point in the game having a large MP pool was considered an advantage (Taru, Hume, Mithra) while a smaller pool was detrimental (Elvaan, Galka)...at least until various means of refresh/autorefresh/item refresh allowed MP/tic to balance out that factor to a large degree. Now, the size of a (non-converting) PLD's maximum MP pool is not as critical to performance so long as sufficient refresh if applied to meet MP expended.

I agree completely. The difference 1 tic can make is significant. For those who don't think so go take duelists from rdm and see what kinda ***storm goes down.

I do appreciate where you guys are coming from, but at the end of the day you still get something that is handy and will make your jobs easier.

It could be much worse.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-09-03 18:29:47  
I'm not suggesting that I am unappreciative of battery charge. I expected it to be akin to magic hammer tbh. When it was refresh I was amazed and when it was 4 a tic I was drooling. But SE took my drool away, I don't like that.

Simple question is... Was it really necessary? I mean really, it's not like we were suddenly game breaking. It's a kick in the teeth with all the other refresh available after this update.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7