Battery Charge Gimp.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Battery charge gimp.
Battery charge gimp.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-03 11:28:31  
Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration said:
wait until you find out Refresh II is only self-target....
ohshi...
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-03 11:28:46  
Being a rdm main I actually hope it is...

/trollface

It will be even funnier if it works with accension. Take that all you rdms who told me /sch is dumb
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-09-03 11:30:54  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Shokox said:
Dasva, if you know the MPCost:MPtick ratio averages out to the same as Refresh I, why complain when they are giving the same thing, but with a longer duration and more MP gained? They won't do us wrong with a 2/tick. THAT's a slap to the face.
Because it only ratios out that way currently because you are casting battery charge and not casting refresh.

If you had to cast refresh on yourself it would be lower. Which of course means now a rdm casting refresh I on you after this update will be more mp for you.

Seriously look at the math. Now sure it might not be that bad of a nerf. Then again it could be really bad. But regardless it is a nerf.

Yes, I've looked at the math and came to the same conclusion that you have. But I've also realized that 3 months ago, we didn't have a Refresh spell at all.

This is the perfect time to modify Battery Charge, as many BLU overall has not taken advantage/used it yet. Any anything was better than no Refresh.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-03 11:31:40  
Ramuh.Dasva said:

/trollface

It will be even funnier if it works with accension. Take that all you rdms who told me /sch is dumb
SE is probably gonna make it not work with that just for that reason.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-03 11:33:13  
Meh I'd just rather they didn't change it. I was happy to net only as much mp as I would've if a rdm had refreshed me just so they wouldn't have to. But I like to spend mp like water so less is annoying.

Plus it is pretty epic now with diffusion lol. Take that you silly rdm/schs!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2010-09-03 11:33:48  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

/trollface

They didnt make any En-spell IIs to work witjh Accession..
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-03 11:34:29  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Being a rdm main I actually hope it is... /trollface It will be even funnier if it works with accension. Take that all you rdms who told me /sch is dumb
They didnt make any En-spell IIs to work witjh Accession..
Or baramnesia... wut!?!
[+]
 Leviathan.Yokhai
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-03 12:06:11  
Right now you get:
150 mp over 2.5 minutes.
300 MP 5 minutes
450 mp 7.5
600 mp 10 minutes.

If it gets changed to 3/tc over 5 minutes
3x100tics - 50 = 250 mp 5 minutes
3x200 - 100 = 500 mp in 10 minutes.

So you will gain more mp per cast. But loose MP over time, and since most people care about exp parties and long NM fights, this is a nerf. And a big one. Loosing roughly 100 MP every ten minutes.

But thats only if that is the case if the duration is 5 minutes. If SE wants to be generous (lol) and make it 10 minutes...

then it still sucks. 3x200 - 50 = 550 - which is still worse.

Sorry BLU...at least you dont have to sit around and wait for RDM to cast it on you. Oh wait, neither will BLM in the next update :-D
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-03 12:10:51  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
For soloing etc, this is gonna be a upgrade.
Anything where you wanna kill stuff asap I can see your point I guess.. kinda:P
Less MP/tic is a downgrade. Always. Keeping Battery Charge up is trivial, whether solo or in a group. Lost MP is lost utility and DPS. "Time saved" is a ***argument because we won't be able to cast other spells as often as we can now. This is a gimp and a completely uncalled for one.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-03 12:13:12  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
For soloing etc, this is gonna be a upgrade.
Anything where you wanna kill stuff asap I can see your point I guess.. kinda:P
Less MP/tic is a downgrade. Always. Keeping Battery Charge up is trivial, whether solo or in a group. Lost MP is lost utility and DPS. "Time saved" is a ***argument because we won't be able to cast as often as we can now. This is a gimp and a completely uncalled for one.
I guess I came into this thread at just the right time. I don't need read any other post to say that Nightfyre has it 100% on the money. They've made battery charge better for lazy stupid players who can't keep it up, and worse for the people that are actually good at their jobs.

Guess we'll all just have to bring a pocket rdm with us everywhere :p
 Leviathan.Yokhai
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-03 12:15:07  
Odin.Blazza said:

That makes no sense....its now the same as refresh from a RDM...not worse
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-03 12:17:57  
I keep a pocket red mage already. So once he gets refresh II, I'll never set battery charge again. Opens up some more magic points.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-03 12:20:06  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Odin.Blazza said:
That makes no sense....its now the same as refresh from a RDM...not worse
He meant after the update not now
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-03 12:22:38  
No, it was ALREADY the same as refresh from a rdm. As it stands, you get 200 MP over 2.5 minutes, less your 50 MP casting cost = 150MP, which is exactly the same as rdm refresh gives you. Since you're not casting that on yourself, it's the exact same return to you. But, at the same time it's better, because you're getting the exact same amount of MP as if the rdm cast it on you (a little more if conserve MP kicks in), but the rdm is saving 40 MP.

If they lessen the mp/tic to 3, and lengthen the duration to 2 hours, it's still not as efficient as it is now. The 4th mp/tic pays for the casting cost 100%, which makes it equivalent to a FREE 3/mp a tic refresh. So now, however long they make the duration, that's 50mp more you'll be spending in that time period. So if it's 5 minutes, you'll now be spending 50mp more than you are today, every 5 minutes.

As for rdm, well, they're getting refresh II, which would have made battery charge redundant anyway if you have a rdm friend with you.
 Diabolos.Trangnai
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Nai
By Diabolos.Trangnai 2010-09-03 12:34:07  
I blame rdms complaining that we got a better refresh then them. Keep in mind that refresh II will probably be battery charge with the ability to cast on others. So more reason to nurf battery charge. To force rdms in to refreshing anything with MP again.

but on another note. with 4/mp tick blu/rdm had almost constant MP pool. with battery charge, MP drainkiss, Magic Hammer, convert, auto-refresh, and AFv2 body. I went thought dynamis and other things useing MP drainkiss and battery charge, occasionaly convert. doing nothing but casting spells and never ran out of MP. In SEs eyes this might be a good reason to slow down our MP restoration. keep in mind this didnt include ballads (i hate ballads in most DD situations anyway).

but it coulda been worse, they coulda not nurfed it and just made us able to cast it on others...

I cant stand refreshing on rdm why the hell would i wanna do it on blu :D. lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-03 12:38:17  
Ya know I think you'd actually get more mp from aspir samba than convert... plus more dps from DW

Assuming of course you melee a bit and aren't overwriting something better like haste samba and are fighting mp mobs lol
 Sylph.Kwate
サーバ: Sylph
user: kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2010-09-03 12:40:36  
Either way, everyone knew a nerf was on the way, I'm at least grateful they extended the time while nerfing us as oppose to a straight nerf. Granted I like our 4 tick like everyone else though, my main issue tbh is with our 2hr ability and would love 10 points from 81 and 91, those are my biggest issues atm.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-03 12:45:00  
Sylph.Kwate said:
Either way, everyone knew a nerf was on the way
***. RDM was always going to get Refresh II at 82, which automatically replaces Battery Charge in any situation where a RDM is present. There was no reason to expect this.
 Diabolos.Trangnai
By Diabolos.Trangnai 2010-09-03 12:45:47  
Sylph.Kwate said:
Either way, everyone knew a nerf was on the way, I'm at least grateful they extended the time while nerfing us as oppose to a straight nerf. Granted I like our 4 tick like everyone else though, my main issue tbh is with our 2hr ability and would love 10 points from 81 and 91, those are my biggest issues atm.

yeah. i have to agree. If we get any points at all i'll be happy, I'm tired of only having 50 points. I hope they give us some good set triats next update. Skillchain Bonus plz?
 Sylph.Kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2010-09-03 12:47:34  
Trust me I heard the bitching from some people when asked about our refresh, maybe not in YOUR experience. But I wasn't surprised by it all, either way its out of our hands, we just need to adjust our style somewhat.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-03 12:47:49  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Sylph.Kwate said:
Either way, everyone knew a nerf was on the way
***. RDM was always going to get Refresh II at 82, which automatically replaces Battery Charge in any situation where a RDM is present. There was no reason to expect this.
Agreed. More over SE has stated that they expect us to spend more and more mp faster (no ***that happens when you gain lvls and spells) and would do things to help us do so. Hello ballad III and refresh II.

If anything we should've gotten just increased duration or a 2nd refresh.
 Sylph.Kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2010-09-03 12:49:54  
If they choose to keep it at 5 points per 10 levels it would be great if SE at least periodically review our set point costs on some of our spells. My assumption is most of our newer spells 81+ will be 4+ points if they're worth setting. I can live with a slightly altered refresh we didn't even have 3 months ago, the points will become a MAJOR issue starting with December update.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-03 12:52:13  
Yeah I used to be able to set ALOT of str spells. Now not so much lol
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2010-09-03 12:53:40  
Odin.Blazza said:

If they lessen the mp/tic to 3, and lengthen the duration to 2 hours, it's still not as efficient as it is now. The 4th mp/tic pays for the casting cost 100%, which makes it equivalent to a FREE 3/mp a tic refresh. So now, however long they make the duration, that's 50mp more you'll be spending in that time period. So if it's 5 minutes, you'll now be spending 50mp more than you are today, every 5 minutes.

Are you right? technically yes. However, if it was changed to 3/tic and lasted 2 hours I would cry tears of joy. Not having to worry about casting it every 2.5 mins would be great. Then I wouldn't have to decide to cast it mid-battle, and lose DPS, or wait till it is over, and lose the MP. In a perfect world it may be a slight nerf, but the increase in the enjoyment of the play of the job will be worth it IMO.
[+]
 Diabolos.Trangnai
By Diabolos.Trangnai 2010-09-03 12:56:33  
well, the points for most new spells havent been as bad as they might seem. Battery Charge is only 3 points.

I expect 15 points at least. 5 81-90, 5 91-99, and 5 from a second merit group.(in conjunction with our current merits).

However i wonder what our AFv3 will give. might see something nice out of that too. thought they said there will never be point increases from gear. you never know with SE. but if that were the case we would also need to fulltime it. maybe another refesh piece or a nice skill piece.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-09-03 13:02:14  
AFv3 hat needs to give like +25 Conserve MP and +10 blue magic ffs.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-09-03 13:06:19  
Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
look at the bright side your gonna be getting new spells in the next update. Plus its not like SE went and made the spell trash. They just made it a little less powerful.

But we got a 1/2 decent spell now, and now SE cuts it down b.c it was already ok to begin with?? I mean what do they want us to do???

I can already see where this is going to go..

I agree with Dasva here.
 Diabolos.Trangnai
By Diabolos.Trangnai 2010-09-03 13:06:54  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
AFv3 hat needs to give like +25 Conserve MP and +10 blue magic ffs.

I think thats a lil overboard lol. but some conserve MP pieces would be nice. how about some good feet for a change? Something better then fail boots plz. AFv2 feet had to be the worse piece of AF i hd ever witnessed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-09-03 13:07:18  
I'm hoping that to compensate, they give us an AFv3 that has something like "Enhances Potency of Blue Magic Buffs".

Bam, suddenly we get a 5mp/tick refresh.

/dream
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-03 13:09:41  
Sylph.Kwate said:
Trust me I heard the bitching from some people when asked about our refresh, maybe not in YOUR experience. But I wasn't surprised by it all, either way its out of our hands, we just need to adjust our style somewhat.
So Battery Charge is overpowered because some people you know say so.

'kay
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7