Battery Charge Gimp.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Battery charge gimp.
Battery charge gimp.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Diabolos.Trangnai
サーバ: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Nai
By Diabolos.Trangnai 2010-09-03 13:10:01  
Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
I'm hoping that to compensate, they give us an AFv3 that has something like "Enhances Potency of Blue Magic Buffs".

Bam, suddenly we get a 5mp/tick refresh.

/dream

or maybe a blu version of composure?
 Sylph.Kwate
サーバ: Sylph
user: kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2010-09-03 13:15:34  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Sylph.Kwate said:
Trust me I heard the bitching from some people when asked about our refresh, maybe not in YOUR experience. But I wasn't surprised by it all, either way its out of our hands, we just need to adjust our style somewhat.
So Battery Charge is overpowered because some people you know say so.

'kay

either way Nightfrye, just make the best out of it. You have YOUR take on it, that's fine, I'm just saying I wasn't surprised by it, nothing you can do about it now.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-03 13:18:38  
inb4 new dmg spells cost even more mp. Hey buddy spend more get less /slap!
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-03 13:22:00  
"- Your assigned set of blue magic will remain stored even after changing jobs."

YES!!!!!!
 Diabolos.Trangnai
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Nai
By Diabolos.Trangnai 2010-09-03 13:30:54  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
"- Your assigned set of blue magic will remain stored even after changing jobs."

YES!!!!!!

Inorite. bout time.
 Sylph.Kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2010-09-03 13:37:14  
Sylph.Kwate said:
Either way, everyone knew a nerf was on the way, I'm at least grateful they extended the time while nerfing us as oppose to a straight nerf. Granted I like our 4 tick like everyone else though, my main issue tbh is with our 2hr ability and would love 10 points from 81 and 91, those are my biggest issues atm.

I think what I said earlier was taken out of context, I wasn't surprised by the nerf, nor happy about it, just trying to keep a positive outlook on it. 3 months ago I was the first guy bitchin' that we didn't have a refresh, so I'll still take a gimped Battery Charge over nothing however.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-03 14:04:13  
But even with the nerf, will it be that bad? I mean you guys have some crazy MP management stuff.
 Sylph.Kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2010-09-03 14:44:45  
Personally I set the Conserve MP trait, which brings up the point of enough blue points. It seems most of the useful traits have point eater fillers (i'm glaring at you Double Attack and Fast Cast). Maybe Conserve TP or skillchain bonus will be nice with spells we can actually use.
 Ragnarok.Agerknux
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ager
By Ragnarok.Agerknux 2010-09-03 15:14:54  
It seems like it will get to the point where I have a static set of spells all the time with little room to play for the traits we really need to use. I generally have about 8 spare points to play with depending on situation and sub which isn't enough. Just crossing my fingers for the new spells not costing 4-5 points as well.

Heres hoping for AF3 to have "All set traits +1" or something.
Oh yeah and totally awesome for occult acumen-like trait for our physical spells.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-03 15:30:03  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
But even with the nerf, will it be that bad? I mean you guys have some crazy MP management stuff.
At worst it's about a 10% loss (for me) in MP recovery if they go the 5 min/3 per tic route. Probably about a 7% loss overall... How do you think melee would feel if SE removed all haste feet from the game?
Ragnarok.Agerknux said:
Heres hoping for AF3 to have "All set traits +1" or something.
Oh yeah and totally awesome for occult acumen-like trait for our physical spells.
TP from spells would be really, really cool. I'd love to see that happen.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-03 15:37:23  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ragnarok.Agerknux said:
Heres hoping for AF3 to have "All set traits +1" or something. Oh yeah and totally awesome for occult acumen-like trait for our physical spells.
TP from spells would be really, really cool. I'd love to see that happen.
Indeed. Even if it was only like 3-5 or something.
 Sylph.Kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2010-09-03 15:40:21  
I agree, would be especially nice with multi-hit spells. As much as we feed the mob TP, a little return would be awesome.
 Shiva.Superdan
サーバ: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-03 15:42:35  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Quote:
will it be that bad?
Doesn't matter if it will be that bad. Matter of fact is, it's worse than we had & to be quite honest at this stage in the game, it wasn't OP at all, especially with refresh2 & ballad 3 coming out.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-03 16:16:13  
if its gimped to 2/tick i'm going to rage lol.. 3/tick is atleast tolerable even though like Das mentioned on page 1, even with 2h duration its still gimp :(
 Sylph.Kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2010-09-03 16:21:54  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
if its gimped to 2/tick i'm going to rage lol.. 3/tick is atleast tolerable even though like Das mentioned on page 1, even with 2h duration its still gimp :(

Agreed, that would be inexcusable for SE to slam us like that.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-03 16:41:05  
cuz SE said slightly decreased per tick... 4 >> 2 is not slight lol 4 >> 3 is however
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-03 16:46:50  
Diabolos.Trangnai said:
I'm hoping that to compensate, they give us an AFv3 that has something like "Enhances Potency of Blue Magic Buffs".

/dream

or maybe a blu version of composure?
Sure, and then they may as well give all the jobs the same stuff... We need new "unique" abilities for jobs, not to give all the jobs the same stuff.
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-09-03 16:58:50  
Just take Battery Charge off your spells sets when you solo/have no refresher so you can just go back to when you didn't have it and stop complaining lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-03 17:00:20  
Bahamut.Bojack said:
Just take Battery Charge off you spells sets when you solo/have no refresher so you can just go back to when you didn't have it and stop complaining lol.
This is, in all seriousness, about the dumbest response you could make to this adjustment. I was really hoping nobody would actually say this.

We got something good and it's needlessly getting toned down. Why wouldn't we have an issue with that? Battery Charge is not overpowered in its current state. Any adjustment that reduces its effectiveness is thus unnecessary barring some really epic spells and traits that would somehow be precisely balanced by a nerf of less than 1/tic.

Progression is the name of the game right now. This change does not reflect that.
 Shiva.Superdan
サーバ: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-03 17:01:10  
Bahamut.Bojack said:
Just take Battery Charge off your spells sets when you solo/have no refresher so you can just go back to when you didn't have it and stop complaining lol.

Yeah, let's all go back to TPing in O-hats while we are at it too guys.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-03 17:06:34  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Bojack said:
Just take Battery Charge off you spells sets when you solo/have no refresher so you can just go back to when you didn't have it and stop complaining lol.
This is, in all seriousness, about the dumbest response you could make to this adjustment. I was really hoping nobody would actually say this.

We got something good and it's needlessly getting toned down. Why wouldn't we have an issue with that? Battery Charge is not overpowered in its current state. Any adjustment that reduces its effectiveness is thus unnecessary barring some really epic spells and traits that would somehow be precisely balanced by a nerf of less than 1/tic.

Progression is the name of the game right now. This change does not reflect that.

go go setting auto-refresh II with like 12 points? lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-03 17:11:40  
Not sure if I would laugh or rage at that. Probably a bit of both. Watch the spell combination required have STR-6 too.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-09-03 17:13:37  
Bahamut.Bojack said:

Win response, lol. The reason why I say this is because some of you forget that we didn't have a Refresh spell at all. I'm grateful that we were graced with the spell, change or not.

It's not a dumb response at all imo. :P
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-03 17:16:52  
Carbuncle.Shokox said:
Bahamut.Bojack said:

Win response, lol. The reason why I say this is because some of you forget that we didn't have a Refresh spell at all. I'm grateful that we were graced with the spell, change or not.

yes..yes it was lol... lets just revert back to no haste gear too.....while we're at it... go go WW belt fulltime and o hat, with AF body!
 Ramuh.Scizor
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-09-03 17:16:56  
BLU has refresh, you didn't have it before....stop bitching seriously.

[+]
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-09-03 17:20:57  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Carbuncle.Shokox said:
Bahamut.Bojack said:

yes..yes it was lol... lets just revert back to no haste gear too.....while we're at it... go go WW belt fulltime and o hat, with AF body!

The problem with this sarcastic remark is that, BLU was given Homam since day one of BLU being added.
By Nightmarelord 2010-09-03 17:23:59  
Shokox u know u love it when ppl Q.Q!
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-09-03 17:29:07  

/dream

Neonracer .. likes this. =D
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-09-03 17:30:24  
Nightmarelord said:
Shokox u know u love it when ppl Q.Q!

Yessssssssss, drinking the Q.Q tears of infidels gains me sustenance. Mmmmm yesssssssssssssssss....
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-09-03 17:31:18  
Diabolos.Trangnai said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

YES!!!!!!

Inorite. bout time.

This should have been done ages ago.. someone just dun *** up till now...

/sigh
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7