Firefox Woes, IE?!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » Firefox woes, IE?!
Firefox woes, IE?!
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-01-11 22:58:17  
if you don't have "enough RAM" nowadays, thats just...so wrong.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-11 22:59:27  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Have any of you IE haters even tried it in the last 3 years let alone since 8 came out?

Yup, it still crashes on my Gmail, on a new install of windows 7.

Also lack of developer support.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-11 22:59:41  
My computer is like 7 years old. Using up as much as FF does just to *** browse the internet is so wrong
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-01-11 23:01:45  
having a 7yo computer is wrong, but if IE works for you, then go for it. I'll stick with FF.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-11 23:02:13  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Right and did it do that before windows 7? Did it just do it once and you went haha I knew it IE sucks. Frankly I've yet to find a site that crashes IE. Granted I'm still running media xp.

Shiva.Flionheart said:

So? It's a *** browser.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-11 23:02:18  
I'll go to the Chrome side of life.

At least we don't have any Safari users here.

or...

netscape ; ;
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-01-11 23:02:59  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I'll go to the Chrome side of life.

At least we don't have any Safari users here.

or...

netscape ; ;

I lol'ed inside
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-11 23:03:11  
Didn't know anyone really used those 2 ever...
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-11 23:04:53  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Right and did it do that before windows 7? Did it just do it once and you went haha I knew it IE sucks. Frankly I've yet to find a site that crashes IE. Granted I'm still running media xp.

Shiva.Flionheart said:
So? It's a *** browser.

Because unlike you obviously, I really get pissed off with flashing advertisements sucking up memory like a Vacuum.

I also like being able to monitor scripts coming in and out.

If people looked after PC's they wouldn't have 'slow' PC's.

And yes, IE has always crashed with Gmail, since I can ever remember.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2010-01-11 23:07:35  
If I had screwed your entire family/race/ethnicity/planet one hundred times in a row, each and every time coming back to you crying and telling you "It's okay now, I've changed, you can trust me." Would you trust me?

..... why are people *buying* Microsoft products... Why is the XBOX even selling. What the F**K LOL

I just don't get people... Oh but the new version is better now!

........... /suicide
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-11 23:09:40  
Microsoft pisses me off big time too. But sadly we are stuck with them.

I mean, I went through a rebellious phase where I'd install Linux only, but then I realised... Wait a moment I actually want to play games without using Wine...

Then I partitioned my hard drive to have half XP and half Ubuntu on it...

Then after that I pretty much just ridded myself of Linux totally.

Looking forward to googles OS, I'll give that a go at least.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-01-11 23:10:07  
Ragnarok.Psyence said:
If I had screwed your entire family/race/ethnicity/planet one hundred times in a row, each and every time coming back to you crying and telling you "It's okay now, I've changed, you can trust me." Would you trust me?

..... why are people *buying* Microsoft products... Why is the XBOX even selling. What the F**K LOL

I just don't get people... Oh but the new version is better now!

........... /suicide

if I had the patience to learn Linux, I would. BTW, my 360 ROCKS!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-11 23:10:17  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Because unlike you obviously, I really get pissed off with flashing advertisements sucking up memory like a Vacuum.
Nope not at all. You see I've seen thread after thread of how FF sucks up to 800mb yet somehow even with all these ads "sucking up my memory" my IE never goes above 120 and usually hangs around 40-60. So yeah not really sucking up the memory at all. If anything I'd say all your bells and whistles are sucking up alot more.

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Personal preference that has nothing to do with how good or bad something is.
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Actaully my PC is slow cause it is trying to keep up with todays stuff while being 7 years old lol.
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Meh I don't use GMail but I have never heard of it doing that. What part of it does it crash on?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-11 23:12:05  
Ragnarok.Psyence said:
Yes. And frankly it hasn't been that bad in a long time.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-11 23:14:45  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Nope not at all. You see I've seen thread after thread of how FF sucks up to 800mb yet somehow even with all these ads "sucking up my memory" my IE never goes above 120 and usually hangs around 40-60. So yeah not really sucking up the memory at all. If anything I'd say all your bells and whistles are sucking up alot more.

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Personal preference that has nothing to do with how good or bad something is.
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Actaully my PC is slow cause it is trying to keep up with todays stuff while being 7 years old lol.
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Meh I don't use GMail but I have never heard of it. What part of it does it crash on?

Firefox =/= Chrome. I actually dislike Firefox myself, Most releases have serious memory leaks. I used IE before Chrome came out.

Chrome is incredibly streamlined, the 'Bells and whistles' are pretty much all under the hood. When I was transitioning between PC's I had a PC about 6-7 years old, running any browser with 2 or more tabs was a nightmare.

Also it crashes on the starting splash screen, starts loading then BAM no more loading and IE gets an error.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-11 23:28:49  
I'd consider chrome if this wasn't working fine. Hell I'd consider FF if it wasn't for all the threads like this with it's problems lol

Really you have problems with more than 2 tabs? I rarely have less than 3 up. I mostly just keep 4 cause I really dislike tabs in general, after that I just open a new instance of IE.

Kinda looks clunky and I just love alt tabbing thru extra instances I also have up. Unfortunately too many of those clunks up the bottom of your screen too lol.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2010-01-11 23:30:51  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Microsoft pisses me off big time too. But sadly we are stuck with them.

I mean, I went through a rebellious phase where I'd install Linux only, but then I realised... Wait a moment I actually want to play games without using Wine...

Then I partitioned my hard drive to have half XP and half Ubuntu on it...

Then after that I pretty much just ridded myself of Linux totally.

Looking forward to googles OS, I'll give that a go at least.

Well that's the thing... NO WE AREN'T. A long time ago, sure. But now? There are alternatives, and the backdraws to those alternatives are getting smaller as we speak.

Hell, I even purchased my girlfriend a Mac Mini and installed Windows XP on it so she wouldn't complain about the fact it wasn't a PC. Well, it turns out it IS a PC... >.> Whenever it screws up, she uses MacOS until I am able to come and fix it. And I'm not into Mac computers, I've spent my whole life despising them because they insisted on being different. I would have never thought one day I'd buy a Macintosh computer, but those guys have understood that they had to follow standards. Guess what ... the fricken thing works ... and it's basicaly a PC with a Dual Core Intel CPU... and an OS that actually works, and a dual boot partition that load Windows XP (since there's nothing better to play PC games yet). I was completely certain that she wouldn't use MacOS very much because she was scared of it. But it turns out she only boots Windows when she wants to play games... >.> Install Linux on it if you care. Oh and it plays FF XI flawlessly.

If you know which parts to buy and know how to build your own PC, you can even install MacOS on it nowadays... Times have changed man. There ARE standards and the big companies have little to say about it, they have to adapt. Microsoft isn't required to exist anymore, not if they can't release anything great, 20 years later. Their only OS that works is XP and it's getting old, and it was decent, not good.

You still have to laugh at their HD-DVD Xbox 360 adapter that never sold, and to their proprietary harddrives that you have to purchase 2x the price of a normal hard drive just so it will fit in your Xbox. And at the fact they'll have to pay SONY a fortune in order to have the right to include a Bluray drive in their next Xbox (if they release one). We don't have a choice?

Do we have to buy an xbox and suffer with their repairs department shipping semi-defective replacements, if we guessed years in advance that the hardware was gonna be ***, and that the good softwares were going to be made by ... anyone else than Microsoft themselves? And their next one is supposed to be better? Again? I mean ... this "we have no choice" excuse I used to make myself... but not anymore... sorry MS, I'll get your stuff when it's in a garage sale... someday
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-11 23:35:43  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I'd consider chrome if this wasn't working fine. Hell I'd consider FF if it wasn't for all the threads like this with it's problems lol

Really you have problems with more than 2 tabs? I rarely have less than 3 up. I mostly just keep 4 cause I really dislike tabs in general, after that I just open a new instance of IE.

Kinda looks clunky and I just love alt tabbing thru extra instances I also have up. Unfortunately too many of those clunks up the bottom of your screen too lol.

lol yeah, I know what you mean. Well luckily with my new rig I can run lots of tabs and browsers without issue, going back to an old PC whilst building a new one really makes you appreciate it all the more when you get the new one built lol.

As for you Psyence, I will reply to you tomorrow as I have lots of things to say about that. But for now it is sleep as it is 5:30 AM and I'm pissed i've F'd my sleep patterns up again.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2010-01-11 23:37:31  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

lol yeah, I know what you mean. Well luckily with my new rig I can run lots of tabs and browsers without issue, going back to an old PC whilst building a new one really makes you appreciate it all the more when you get the new one built lol.

As for you Psyence, I will reply to you tomorrow as I have lots of things to say about that. But for now it is sleep as it is 5:30 AM and I'm pissed i've F'd my sleep patterns up again.
Okay ^^ do send me a PM if you realize I don't reply. Gnite
 Siren.Eagleeyes
サーバ: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-01-11 23:39:52  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Well luckily with my new rig I can run lots of tabs and browsers without issue.

Well luckily with my new rig

rig

/raged I hate that damn term
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-01-11 23:51:44  
RIG. Let me scale that which is your face, Eaglepeepers.

I think it's safe to say "different strokes for different folks" as lame a saying as that is. lol IE has a lot of animosity for it that carried over from IE6 and previous lack of developer support that suddenly sprang up with Firefox and Chrome started eating away at IE's marketshare. Those browsers gained popularity for a reason, of course, but now "it's IE so of course it's bad" argument has worn thin now that they've become competitive. Really it seems that browser choice has come down to the small differences that separate each browser.

Regardless of all that, this thread has made me realize that I really don't give a *** about what browser someone else is using. lol
 Siren.Eagleeyes
サーバ: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-01-12 00:07:37  
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-01-12 00:29:46  
I did!
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-01-12 14:51:40  
start / orb > run / search "run" > cmd > format c: /y

Or delete system32.

---

> Firefox + AdBlock + NoScript - If your PC has a problem running FireFox at decent speeds with just these two add ons installed then there is something wrong with your PCs hardware or the user.

> Google Chrome/Opera + Privoxy/AdSweep -link here - Lol enjoy google ad syndication 2012.

> Internet Explor + IE7pro addon/AdSweep - Watered down cancer.

CONFLICT RESOLVED.
[+]