Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-12-09 13:54:40  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Hmm many crits.
Name seems to be Munmu, what kind of name is that? <.<

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munmu_of_Silla
[+]
By Verda 2016-12-09 13:59:03  
I was thinking about that too, just spreadsheeted it. It is nice for jishnu's and yes jishnu's is very strong. The problem with using Abnoba which will do more damage on Jishnu's is that it has no ranged accuracy or ranged attack or STP. STP is really nice for ws sets on rng when can afford it, and the lack of attack matters less for ranger due to 3.25 is capped archery pdif and velocity shot is a multiplicative attack bonus, and the fact you can cap pdif without a ton of attack gear anyway with the right support. It doesn't do much less (about 200 dmg less) in the setup on my spreadsheet than abnoba and does more than Adhemar +1 path B. Perfect aug'd herc with dex and crit dmg is only slightly more than abnoba (less than 100 dmg).

So it's situationally best, or best depending on how much perfect aug herc is a pipe dream (it's pretty much a pipe dream). Abnoba and perfect herc dex/cdmg do a bit more damage but Abnoba has no ranged acc or STP and herc augs good enough to compete with this piece or even abnoba are extremely hard to get (might not see it in 4k+ stones). I'll use it for a higher acc set than abnoba and to avoid the grueling pain of chasing an augment you'll probably never get.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-12-09 14:07:47  
Does look like a viable COR shooting option, though losing Ratk+40 from Meghanada+1 kinda hurts if you're not at capped attack (as I'm guessing people probably aren't on difficult content, or even somewhat challenging content if not running with an Idris GEO). Crit rate and store TP is nice though.

Meghanada+1: STR+31 DEX+42 AGI+38 Racc+44 Ratk+40 Crit damage +5%
Munmu+1 (looks like the name in katakana?): STR+28 DEX+44 AGI+40 Ranged Accuracy +40 STP+5 Crit Hit+8%

Still seems situational though, even taking Herculean Vest out of the equation:

1) I'm assuming with Triple Shot up, COR will still want to use Empy body (unless you need max Racc)
2) Laksamana's +2/+3 is a piece I'd kind of expect to have strong ranged stats, given that the AF/reforged body was always a ranged-focus piece in the past. Maybe that will make this whole discussion completely irrelevant for COR shooting.

And yeah, as someone mentioned above, Macc for light/dark shot doesn't hurt. Also NIN debuffs (or even elemental ninjutsu damage to avoid resists).

DNC and THF seem to get a little screwed here with the focus on crit rate since stacked SA/TA/Climactic WS are already guaranteed crit. And for something like Rudra's, WSD will trump crit rate even on unstacked WS. But I guess it might be good for stuff like Pyrrhic Kleos or unstacked Evisceration.
By Calinari 2016-12-09 14:08:28  
So who's ready for the first shout?

10 blu 3 whm 3 geo pld and only the shouter on something different.
(8 blu 2 cor 2 geo 3 whm pld tokengimpthf +shouterloldrg)
[+]
By Verda 2016-12-09 14:15:00  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
DNC and THF seem to get a little screwed here with the focus on crit rate since stacked SA/TA/Climactic WS are already guaranteed crit. And for something like unstacked Rudra's, WSD will trump crit rate even on unstacked. But I guess it might be good for stuff like Pyrrhic Kleos or unstacked Evisceration.

Ya it's mostly good for violent flourish that I can tell, and for THF that's only if you sub DNC. The waltz head is nice for THF though imo. Also def down bolts and other bolts are still really useful on thf and it makes landing them easy. An evade everything set is nice too, but for melee ya not really much there for THF, and probably dnc as well. A high acc evisceration piece I guess on the body but abnoba wins.

It might be interesting how it'd interact with ODT though for things like when Tenzen or AA GK are in their WS evasion stance, or Empy Ranger or COR with ODT for a tp set since RNG and ranged COR relies on STP rather than multihit for tp building anyhow.
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-09 14:16:14  
We've also only seen the head and body so far. Entirely possible other pieces have some better stats.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-12-09 14:17:03  
Also, to be fair we haven't seen the whole set. If there are pieces with crit DAMAGE+ instead of rate, that could potentially be pretty nice for THF DNC WS gear. (Edit: Oraen read my mind there)

Verda said: »
or Empy Ranger or COR with ODT for a tp set since RNG and ranged COR relies on STP rather than multihit for tp building anyhow.

Considering I'm just about to commit to finishing off an Armageddon and returning more seriously to the world of pew pew jobs, that's a good point and I should prob give it some serious thought ;)
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-12-09 15:31:28  
I think Jishnu's still reigns supreme for physical DPS for RNG. Meghanada body is still going to be better, but the other pieces may be viable replacements.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-09 16:22:52  
Siren.Kyte said: »
DNC is just as good as the other DDs.

Never said it wasn't, said the gear's usefulness would have to wait and see because of how situational DNC's various WS's are. Don't be defensive bro..
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-09 16:24:30  
Calinari said: »
So who's ready for the first shout?

10 blu 3 whm 3 geo pld and only the shouter on something different.
(8 blu 2 cor 2 geo 3 whm pld tokengimpthf +shouterloldrg)

We're planning on doing it as a LS event, provided it's for more then six people. Making it six members only would kill the event in it's cradle but the 20h timer makes me think otherwise. With larger organized LS's you can afford to be more variable about who comes what jobs.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-09 16:26:23  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
Jishnu's is still very strong for RNG. That body is going to be a very nice ranged option for COR especially, and probably RNG to a slightly lesser extent.

Only issue I have with JR is it's mod is DEX instead of AGI. Blade Hi is in the exact same boat with AGI vs DEX. SE developer should just switch the two mods and call it a day, would fix both WS's.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-09 16:27:29  
I've felt the same way ever since their release. It almost seems like they made a mistake and just didn't want to admit it so they kept going and here we are.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-09 16:31:40  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »
DNC is just as good as the other DDs.

Never said it wasn't, said the gear's usefulness would have to wait and see because of how situational DNC's various WS's are. Don't be defensive bro..

That was not clear from the context, and considering I rarely play the job I'm not being "defensive," lol. I'm not really sure what you would be getting at anyways given that WS choice has situational variability for most, if not all, DDs.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-09 16:37:37  
I've felt the same way ever since their release. It almost seems like they made a mistake and just didn't want to admit it so they kept going and here we are.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what happened. Developer goofed in writing it and then once relized mistake just decided to go with it to prevent looking like an idiot to everyone. That shits far more common then people would think.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-09 16:39:11  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Blade Hi is in the exact same boat with AGI vs DEX.
The resulting change of Kannagi becoming DEX+50 would be nice as well. I want a reason to use it; I like the model.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-09 16:47:05  
That change would drastically increase the strength of both Gandiva and Kannagi. RNG would get a pretty massive racc boost, and same with NIN for acc. Highly doubt it'll happen, though.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-12-09 16:49:07  
Because every single WS has to be STR mod
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-12-09 16:59:41  
DEX isn't actually that bad for Jishnu's because it's often paired with STR and fSTR2 is essentially a 50% STR mod.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-09 17:02:08  
Well they certainly found a way to timegate Omen progress, which is good and bad, but I can't imagine how long it might take to finish multiple jobs when you have a job-based point restriction and a 20h re entry timer. Guess we'll have to see.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-12-09 17:33:01  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Well they certainly found a way to timegate Omen progress, which is good and bad, but I can't imagine how long it might take to finish multiple jobs when you have a job-based point restriction and a 20h re entry timer. Guess we'll have to see.

I think the game is in need of an event like this. Linkshells on my server are somewhat dead. Something routine that (hopefully) supports an alliance and rewards all participants would draw a lot of regular activity maybe.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-09 17:56:23  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Because every single WS has to be STR mod

WS's that don't have prime modifiers tend to not be used in favor of WS's with prime modifiers.

Damage = STR
Crit Damage = DEX
Ranged Damage = AGI
Magic Damage = INT
Magic Damage with different dSTAT = Whatever that dSTAT is (AGI/CHR)

That's just how the mechanics of this game works.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-12-09 18:03:13  
The problem isn't just mods. Giving every single physical WS STR mods would be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-09 21:59:06  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
The problem isn't just mods. Giving every single physical WS STR mods would be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

All that matters is WS's become useful and deals enough damage to be worth using, and that often means having sensible stat mods. Giving dumb stat mods just means a WS can't be pumped up and therefor will rarely be worth using. STR/DEX is the most useful for melee WS's, VIT occasionally, while AGI/STR is best for ranged WS's and INT/MND for magic ones.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2016-12-09 23:24:01  
Apparently a possible omen drop is a +70HP +30 ACC/ATK, +10% dex ws mod grip. Wonder what the other omen direct drops will be like if that's just one example, hehe.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-09 23:35:34  
possibly the first time they've ever released an "interesting" grip since they first came out
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-09 23:59:26  
Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Apparently a possible omen drop is a +70HP +30 ACC/ATK, +10% dex ws mod grip. Wonder what the other omen direct drops will be like if that's just one example, hehe.

Something like that is broke as *** for 2H jobs, damn. Then again it doesn't sound right as SE's never released "+bleh DEX WS" on anything before.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-10 00:01:50  
There is a BLU job point that raises WSC* for spells, probably the same thing as that except raises a specific stat instead of all of them.

*i.e. 50 STR 50 DEX for a STR/DEX spell becomes 52str 52dex as the gift in question is 5%
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2016-12-10 00:09:48  
Well, they mentioned it's a completely new armor stat. We should see it all in the dats in about 48 hrs anyways, hehe.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-10 00:57:17  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
There is a BLU job point that raises WSC* for spells, probably the same thing as that except raises a specific stat instead of all of them.

*i.e. 50 STR 50 DEX for a STR/DEX spell becomes 52str 52dex as the gift in question is 5%

Right I know about the BLU one but I've never seen SE to do something like that on a piece of gear, and +10% is a large amount. Considering we can get 300+ DEX on a 80% WSC WS (Dimi), we're talking some big boosts. Especially the 30 Acc/Atk part when previously it was 5~10 of either.
By fillerbunny9 2016-12-10 01:33:56  
I thought that they had said something about making really strong accessories (FINALLY) and presumably they are going to be similar to the strength of Ambuscade capes, which are really *** strong compared to everything we've had in the past. compare any given "best" Melee cape to something like, say, Bleating Mantle, and there is just no comparison. even Unity drops and the like have nothing on STR or DEX +20, Acc +30, Att +20, DA +10, and that is not even counting whatever is on the base stats of the cape. it's about damned time that they made some strong grips to compensate for the stat difference of two handers versus dual wielders, but man, poor Monk is just going to be completely left in the dust.
[+]