Added to mainpost picture of the new grip shown from Omen:

HP+70 ACC+30 ATK+30 WS DEX Mod +10%
Lv 99 WAR DRK SAM DRG RUN
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-12-10 02:17:25  
Help me out here. Outside of Dimidation for RUN, what other WS is modded for dex for the jobs listed on that grip? I mean I like the idea, but who else does the dex part really benefit? The acc/att alone is useful enough to replace a few current grips, if not all. Just wondering why they chose DEX specifically.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-10 02:21:23  
Sonic Thrust and Geirskogul.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-12-10 02:26:35  
Oh, Okay.

-.-;;;
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-10 02:31:20  
fillerbunny9 said: »
it's about damned time that they made some strong grips to compensate for the stat difference of two handers versus dual wielders, but man, poor Monk is just going to be completely left in the dust.

Yeah I hope they do something for MNK, they really need a H2H WS rework. Make VS copy fTP or something like they did to CDC.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-10 02:34:00  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Help me out here. Outside of Dimidation for RUN, what other WS is modded for dex for the jobs listed on that grip? I mean I like the idea, but who else does the dex part really benefit? The acc/att alone is useful enough to replace a few current grips, if not all. Just wondering why they chose DEX specifically.

The HP Atk/Acc is sufficient to make something like that best in slot. The DEX mod thing just seems like a bone thrown to RUN since the only other WS's are Penta / Sonic and the Relic PLM.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-12-10 05:56:31  
What would be interesting is if rather than just enhancing an existing dex mod, if that grip would add a 10% DEX mod to WS that didn't have one already.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2016-12-10 06:55:17  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
What would be interesting is if rather than just enhancing an existing dex mod, if that grip would add a 10% DEX mod to WS that didn't have one already.
I'm hopefully leaning toward it doing just that.
Especially given that those other jobs lack for DEX modded WSs.
So I'm hoping it's more useful outside of DD!RUN.
[+]
By Chyula 2016-12-10 07:32:48  
Staff + grip + jishnu
By FaeQueenCory 2016-12-10 08:02:03  
Chyula said: »
Staff + grip + jishnu
Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Lv 99 WAR DRK SAM DRG RUN
Would be cool.... but.... Not RNG.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-12-10 08:06:59  
; ; they should have added rng to that grip
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-12-10 11:12:17  
If there's something like this coming down the pike in two days from Omen for 2 handers, I shudder to think if some of the possibilities in terms of magic grips. A grip with magic burst bonus and relevant stats could completely turn existing nuke sets on their heads.
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-12-10 11:31:40  
Asura.Topace said: »
; ; they should have added rng to that grip

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/19141/oneiros-knife
By fillerbunny9 2016-12-10 11:54:03  
Asura.Saevel said: »
fillerbunny9 said: »
it's about damned time that they made some strong grips to compensate for the stat difference of two handers versus dual wielders, but man, poor Monk is just going to be completely left in the dust.

Yeah I hope they do something for MNK, they really need a H2H WS rework. Make VS copy fTP or something like they did to CDC.

I've been saying that they should have done this for forever now (as well as removing the attack penalty from Drakesbane), but no one ever wants to buff something unless they are also nerfing something else....
By fillerbunny9 2016-12-10 12:03:52  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
If there's something like this coming down the pike in two days from Omen for 2 handers, I shudder to think if some of the possibilities in terms of magic grips. A grip with magic burst bonus and relevant stats could completely turn existing nuke sets on their heads.

not really, we'd see stuff like Mizu. being replaced with... Eddy Necklace? Merlinic Augs for MBD are already pretty common. what WILL be interesting is if we see comparable MAcc and MAB which will help shore up weaknesses of BLMs who are either casting without an Idris GEO, while also loosening up the requirements on Merlinic pieces as a whole. hitting the cap of 40 MBB isn't exactly difficult unless you are rocking HQ Amalric, which is thoroughly unaffordable by the majority of the player base. (we're talking a cost comparable of starting from zero and building an Afterglow mythic on nothing but gil per HQ slot.) it would go a long way to leveling the playing field, but won't be groundbreaking for people already wearing the best gear.

grips and necklaces are not going to do enough on their own to change gearing paradigms, now if we add earrings/rings into the mix too, THEN things will go all wonky.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-10 12:40:30  
I wouldn't rule out MB II as a possible stat on the new accessories.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-12-10 14:24:13  
Allow MNK to use a grip-esque accessory in the sub slot. Something like "Wraps" or whatever. Make them MNK/PUP. That sub slot is a huge loss to MNK particularly.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-12-10 15:40:10  
^ This tbh. I never understood why mnk couldn't use grips but H2H is counted as 2H weapon so stupid.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-12-10 15:50:46  
Quote:
Allow MNK to use a grip-esque accessory

You know even if they did that they would make it "Martial Arts +20" to troll us.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2016-12-10 15:57:09  
we've only been asking for "wraps" for how many years now?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-10 16:17:30  
Asura.Topace said: »
^ This tbh. I never understood why mnk couldn't use grips but H2H is counted as 2H weapon so stupid.
It's worse.
H2H occupies 2 slots (like 2H) but it's considered 1h!
Or rather was. Now it's a category on its own and it's something in between 2H and 1H as in: better than 1H caps, but worse than 2H caps.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-12-10 17:51:47  
Still. That slot is entirely empty, and im sure the spaghetti code could be slightly adjusted to allow a sub accessory in conjunction with h2h. It's really that easy. It may not entirely correct all of the problems that h2h has, but it will at least compensate for the missing presumed stats that slots would have gotten.

Sometimes we forget that slot adds some significant boosts (6 acc, 6 stp, pdt, da, etc). Its the only job that is restricted form equipping that slot.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-12-10 18:28:58  
why not just let mnk equip 2 different h2h? treat them like any other 1 handed weapon? would fix a lot to me, you could relic/emp and get the bonuses on each hand to become competitive.
By fillerbunny9 2016-12-10 18:38:05  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Still. That slot is entirely empty, and im sure the spaghetti code could be slightly adjusted to allow a sub accessory in conjunction with h2h. It's really that easy. It may not entirely correct all of the problems that h2h has, but it will at least compensate for the missing presumed stats that slots would have gotten.

Sometimes we forget that slot adds some significant boosts (6 acc, 6 stp, pdt, da, etc). Its the only job that is restricted form equipping that slot.

considering how long that slot was entirely empty for two handers as well, adding wraps should be pretty damned easy, one would think. however, this is SE we are talking about here.
[+]
By Verda 2016-12-10 21:08:45  
In regards to Jishnu's DEX modifier, we all know RNG gets a truckload of Accuracy and historically some of RNG most high damage weaponskills sacrifice that accuracy to a degree to do more damage. Sidewinder and Slugshot were this way. Jishnu's in a more indirect way is also, if they made it AGI you'd be able to stack AGI and get crit rate and accuracy true, but I believe DEX was on purpose and the WS was somewhat balanced around having to sacrifice some accuracy to achieve it. Last Stand doesn't make that sacrifice as much (though you still deal with the 2nd hit being less accurate than the first if SE's statements are true and apply to ranged ws as well). We also know STR to base damage conversion is better for ranged weapons than it is for melee. Lots of melee gear also pairs dex and crit rate or crit damage anyway, and you're often mixed in with melee and getting boost-dex anyway so it's not like it's all negatives either. I think if they made it AGI based there might never be a reason to use last stand over it so it helps even things out. Anywho that's my two cents.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-10 21:35:21  
The desire to stack AGI on JR instead of DEX has jack ***to do with accuracy. Ranged crit rate is determined by dAGI instead of dDEX like melee attacks are. It's the same reason Blade: Hi suffers. Both are crit WS's with stat mods that don't do anything for them and end up suffering because of it. Also gear that hands lots of Ranged Acc / Atk also tends to have AGI, gear with lots of Acc / Atk / TA / ect.. also tends to have STR and DEX, it's just how SE did gear templates in this game. Gear has a huge impact in how we play this game and the resulting balance between the jobs and available weaponskills.
By Verda 2016-12-10 22:02:13  
It has a lot to do with acc, and as I said it also adds crit. Disliking and/or wishing to avoid it because of value lost in not gaining crit chance stacked with the wsmod is short sighted and ignores the weights of the other value adds and also the end result and how the ws was balanced. I wouldn't say no to a buff, but as is it beats all other physical ws options for ranger by a small margin most the time so if you changed it to AGI, you'd upset that balance and would remove one of the major reasons for using Last Stand which is the ability to stack AGI for high acc weaponskills on harder content where as if you stack DEX you lose that value from AGI. Losing 150 or more ranged acc changes even how you have to roll out support on harder content, or choose gear with more acc and less damage for Jishnu's, saying it has nothing to do with accuracy isn't correct and neither is focusing on the value lost of crit chance from agi when the weights of value added (for instance, a multi-hit ws that can crit and is a ranged ws). Even just having a crit adds in all sorts of multipliers that wouldn't exist otherwise, it's reasons like that Jishnu's comes out on top despite being a DEX mod, you have to look at the full picture rather than focusing on one min-max opportunity lost. If you focused purely on that then just about every WS in the game should be STR based and screw everything else.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-10 22:17:04  
I knew there was a reason I had that guy blocked.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-12-10 22:35:40  
must be nice living in a bubble with 90% of the games population blocked
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-12-10 22:37:19