users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » July 2016 Version Update
July 2016 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-06 12:06:42  
With the Ioskeha belt I was able to go back to Bloodrain and now have 77% DA in my TP set.

WAR : Occasionally, maybe, attacks once.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-07-06 12:28:02  
Odin.Godofgods said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
would a regular warrior be effective for this months ambuscade nm? I have war leveled, and weapons skilled, but no real equip for it (i dont play war.) I only have left over stuff from drk, skirmish2 gear, that type of stuff. But my bst isnt doing as well as id hoped. (Tho i only had time to do one fight)
I'd like to know this as well. My WAR was last used when Delve was farmed for it's trash mobs, not even Tojil, but it has Ukko's and I have the ol' GA from Yorcia Delve. I feel it'd be easier to use WAR than to try finding one, but~ would it be useful without much build up?

No it wouldn't be good enough, especially if your using a GAXE for this event.
Ideally you want ~1100 accuracy before food / buffs, otherwise your going to need some accuracy from buffs. You need about ~1220 total acc. If you haven't been keeping your 2H jobs up to date then you can't be expected to jump in and get quick clears.

what about getting a pole arm off AH or such? I made sure to have all weapons at there max skill. And stardiver merits wouldnt be to hard to get.
Acc aside; would it be a viable choice in this context?
I only have bst available for this, it didnt seem to great this month. Curious if my war in that condition would be a better option.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-06 12:28:44  
With the Ioskeha belt I was able to go back to Bloodrain and now have 77% DA in my TP set.

WAR : Occasionally, maybe, attacks once.
May I please see your set. Also, how much acc do you have with that? WAR has always intrigued me, and now that we have more space, I'd like to give it a try.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-06 12:46:33  
TP set for pretty much all 2H on WAR is

http://www.ffxiah.com/members/item-sets?id=342759

ItemSet 342759

Total acc with Blurred Polearm: 1120

Resolution / Stardiver

http://www.ffxiah.com/members/item-sets?id=342760

ItemSet 342760
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-06 12:53:19  
Thanks ^^
By Treizekordero 2016-07-06 13:01:29  
Think having the Sulevia +1 set will have enough ACC to pull off using a polearm with food?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-06 13:23:06  
That set as a whole is not intended to be used. You'll likely suffer in haste (unless using tempus or gracile/isokeha). Its a good acc chunk, but overall crappy set to use for tp. Wouldn't do it unless you're hurting for pieces.

But the hands ar eprobably the best piece to use.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-06 13:30:06  
Treizekordero said: »
Think having the Sulevia +1 set will have enough ACC to pull off using a polearm with food?

No you would suck hardcore.

You don't need super HQ gear like above, but a set of Valorous or NQ Emicho helps a ton. Anyone who's maintained their 2H DD's will be fine but it's nearly impossible to "quickly" gear a 2H DD right now.
[+]
By Treizekordero 2016-07-06 13:55:01  

No you would suck hardcore.

You don't need super HQ gear like above, but a set of Valorous or NQ Emicho helps a ton. Anyone who's maintained their 2H DD's will be fine but it's nearly impossible to "quickly" gear a 2H DD right now.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
That set as a whole is not intended to be used. You'll likely suffer in haste (unless using tempus or gracile/isokeha). Its a good acc chunk, but overall crappy set to use for tp. Wouldn't do it unless you're hurting for pieces.

But the hands ar eprobably the best piece to use.

I'm assuming this is due to lack of other stats like Double Attack, Crit Rate, etc.. more so than accuracy?

Also when you say NQ Emicho do you mean the whole set or Emicho Body, Hands, Legs mixed with Valorous?

I feel like I'm missing something because I don't understand the appeal of NQ Emicho set over HQ Sulevia at least from an accuracy stand point.

Thanks for the info guys!!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-06 14:07:03  
I'm assuming this is due to lack of other stats like Double Attack, Crit Rate, etc.. more so than accuracy?

Accuracy.

You need 25% (256/1024) in gear haste along with a metric *** ton of accuracy nowadays. NQ Emicho body / hands have over 70 total accuracy each along with providing DA, Store TP and haste. HQ Sulv absolutely sucks as a TP set, so little haste your forced to use haste belts and capes instead of Accuracy / Store TP DA belts / capes.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-06 14:14:11  
And on another note, we just had our first clear where it didn't spawn any adds.

It won't use the barrier move until under 75% and it has TP. So what we do now is initially melee on it and the moment it readies a TP move (Stormwind / Dread Dive / ect..) we all unload our WS's as fast as possible. We hit it so hard that it died before it could get off another TP move.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-06 14:20:29  
Basically exactly what Saevel said. I posted a few months back in DRK forums for help with DRK acc gear. It did take me a long time, but eventually, I did get nearly all of the pieces sans 2 (not including HQ abjurations) that he suggested on there. In short, Sulevia+1 isn't even BIS for accuracy, period.

Along with Saevel's WAR set, I have exactly the same items he does, minus the hq body/hands and cape (obviously because im drk). Oh, and my Rag is 242 still. Even with my below average set, im pushing 1115~1130 without food. And I'm not using any Sulevia+1, because its just not the best in slot for the needs of a 2 hander. Like I said, hands are probably the closest thing to being useful, and that's because it has a good amount of acc/da/dex on it. But Emicho beats it in tp (acc). Valorous Feet/Mask are better than Sulevia for TP also, so that's what you can look to obtain (t1 Reisenjima). Obviously you can make a dex+20/acc+20/att+20 misc cape (I did STP for my acc one) if you truly need more acc.

You don't want to be using Sulevia because that will force you to have to commit your ammo, belt, grip, and maybe your back mantle to haste pieces, and that will greatly reduce your accuracy overall.

You could probably get one geared rather shortly, though, if you have 1) money to blow 2) friends who will get you everything 3) you can 2/3/4 box it yourself or you shout and form the groups. Of course you'll have to pay for the augments, so its probably not practical to rush to gear solely for this event.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-06 14:30:27  
Ok another report. It pops adds even if it dies while using the TP move. One of our runs it readied the move but died before it could finish due to having pointy things jabbed into it's face, mobs still poped.
[+]
By Treizekordero 2016-07-06 14:36:19  
Basically exactly what Saevel said. I posted a few months back in DRK forums for help with DRK acc gear. It did take me a long time, but eventually, I did get nearly all of the pieces sans 2 (not including HQ abjurations) that he suggested on there. In short, Sulevia+1 isn't even BIS for accuracy, period.

Along with Saevel's WAR set, I have exactly the same items he does, minus the hq body/hands and cape (obviously because im drk). Oh, and my Rag is 242 still. Even with my below average set, im pushing 1115~1130 without food. And I'm not using any Sulevia+1, because its just not the best in slot for the needs of a 2 hander. Like I said, hands are probably the closest thing to being useful, and that's because it has a good amount of acc/da/dex on it. But Emicho beats it in tp (acc). Valorous Feet/Mask are better than Sulevia for TP also, so that's what you can look to obtain (t1 Reisenjima). Obviously you can make a dex+20/acc+20/att+20 misc cape (I did STP for my acc one) if you truly need more acc.

You don't want to be using Sulevia because that will force you to have to commit your ammo, belt, grip, and maybe your back mantle to haste pieces, and that will greatly reduce your accuracy overall.

You could probably get one geared rather shortly, though, if you have 1) money to blow 2) friends who will get you everything 3) you can 2/3/4 box it yourself or you shout and form the groups. Of course you'll have to pay for the augments, so its probably not practical to rush to gear solely for this event.

Yeah no plans to rush to gear WAR for this ambuscade. I just have it levelled and had the Sulevia +1 set on hand. I figured it might have been worth using with some of the new accessories that came out this patch.

After what you and Saevel said it looks like using Sulevia would just be a considerable loss in overall performance.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-07-06 14:42:49  
ItemSet 344595
Instigator: Path B
Cichol Mantle: ACC+ATT/DEX/whateveryouwant
Bream Sushi +1

Not amazing by any means, but it isn't particularly time consuming, or expensive, to get this stuff unless you really ticked RNGesus off.

Haste is 2 short of 26, but Gracile and Sailfi +1 fix that if you have the gil for it.

Physical Accuracy JP Gifts give some leeway, particularly in allowing you to use swap in Blurred Lance or a Greatsword along with an appropriate neck piece swap. Or adjusting your Cichol Mantle's DEX spec if you want/need.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-07-06 15:13:40  
any good ideas for bst effectiveness for ambu this month?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-06 15:15:48  
Not sure what your /checkparam is with that build, but im sure its not close for any content like VD Ambuscade? What is your accuracy in that set?

Also, it's not practical to eat 1st generation sushi when the newer kind has like 70 or so more.
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-07-06 15:18:26  
For BST, having a piercing pet would most likely be your best shot, as that seems to be the hot ticket right now.
By Treizekordero 2016-07-06 15:18:39  
Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
ItemSet 344595
Instigator: Path B
Cichol Mantle: ACC+ATT/DEX/whateveryouwant
Bream Sushi +1

Not amazing by any means, but it isn't particularly time consuming, or expensive, to get this stuff unless you really ticked RNGesus off.

Haste is 2 short of 26, but Gracile and Sailfi +1 fix that if you have the gil for it.

Physical Accuracy JP Gifts give some leeway, particularly in allowing you to use swap in Blurred Lance or a Greatsword along with an appropriate neck piece swap. Or adjusting your Cichol Mantle's DEX spec if you want/need.

I was thinking something along these lines... but replacing the following:

Instigator -> Minos fully augmented
Sailfi -> Ioskeha Belt
Rajas/Enlivened -> Chirich Ring x2

Thoughts?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-07-06 15:28:54  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
For BST, having a piercing pet would most likely be your best shot, as that seems to be the hot ticket right now.

that was my first thought as well. But for the life of me, i cant seem to find a jug pet list on bg. And wiki doesnt have any listed. (operating on 2h sleep... so not very well)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-06 15:31:51  
I like the rings if you need the acc/stp, since it pretty much improves the rajas/petrov combo. Belt is a huge improvement, I'd go for it.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-07-06 15:37:23  

that was my first thought as well. But for the life of me, i cant seem to find a jug pet list on bg. And wiki doesnt have any listed. (operating on 2h sleep... so not very well)

Check the BST guide on this forum. It is probably the absolute best, well put together guide on this site. It's absurdly good and makes me mad that I can't do anything close to its quality.
By Treizekordero 2016-07-06 15:44:47  
I was thinking for BST in Ambuscade might be good to use a pet that's strong against the bird family. I believe that would be an Amorph pet.

Generous Arthur - Dire Broth is the strongest one I know.. there might be better but I don't know of any piercing pets not a BST main XD
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-06 15:51:57  
I was thinking for BST in Ambuscade might be good to use a pet that's strong against the bird family. I believe that would be an Amorph pet.

Generous Arthur - Dire Broth is the strongest one I know.. there might be better but I don't know of any piercing pets not a BST main XD

It'll do jack ***damage once the barrier goes up. The typical way your supposed to do it is use the proper damage type on the adds to remove the barrier.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-06 15:55:47  

Check the BST guide on this forum. It is probably the absolute best, well put together guide on this site. It's absurdly good and makes me mad that I can't do anything close to its quality.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/45830/killer-instinct-the-beastmaster-compendium/

Jugs are listed towards the bottom.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-07-06 16:00:29  

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/45830/killer-instinct-the-beastmaster-compendium/

Jugs are listed towards the bottom.

i did look there. No piercing listed however.

It'll do jack ***damage once the barrier goes up. The typical way your supposed to do it is use the proper damage type on the adds to remove the barrier.

im open to suggestions for a bst'
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-07-06 16:04:03  
You're kidding, right? Every single jug pet has their primary damage (auto attacks) type and the type of every single one of their TP moves listed. Just glancing over it I see at least 4 piercing TP moves.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-07-06 16:06:53  
You're kidding, right? Every single jug pet has their primary damage (auto attacks) type and the type of every single one of their TP moves listed. Just glancing over it I see at least 4 piercing TP moves.
right.. tp moves. I was looking at the pet themselves. (Did i mention only 2h sleep?)
 Ragnarok.Raenil
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-07-06 16:15:08  
Not sure what your /checkparam is with that build, but im sure its not close for any content like VD Ambuscade? What is your accuracy in that set?

Also, it's not practical to eat 1st generation sushi when the newer kind has like 70 or so more.
1225ish with Bream +1 and no Physical Accuracy JP Gifts included. According to FFXI Calculator.

The idea was a cheap, easily farmable set that'll allow you to function in Ambuscade. There are better weapons and accessories, of course, but they're more difficult, expensive or time consuming to get. The food choice also reflects this.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-07-06 16:24:21  
Ragnarok.Raenil said: »

where are ppl getting blurred lances from? (at least those looking to get one now) I havnt seen any on AH and crafting one requires dark matter which is highly expensive. Is crafting the only way to obtain?
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14