フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Findings
Ambuscade Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 28 29 30
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-07 03:40:30  
I'm just glad Intense Ambuscade isn't that bad this time around. Mobs being able to be T/N Lullabied (including boss) makes the fight so easy. Lol.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-06-07 03:41:49  
Think the name was gravitational horn yeah. Antlion model was different too, with a bigger horn. It also looks like a giant laser beam Luke shadowlina said! Lol

Don't even remember what it does, other than it was dangerous back then lol
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-07 03:42:40  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Don't even remember what it does, other than it was dangerous back then lol
Think it's just a Throat Stab-esque move, possibly reduced by MDT.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-07 03:48:44  

That
By Vardaman 2016-06-07 03:50:51  
The bigger antlion seems to take additional damage after each wave of adds. Not sure whether it's the death of the adds or just their spawning that causes it. Didn't pay attention that closely, ha.

As solo on difficult the adds can be taken down reliably by a single spectral floe (moderate gear). Not sure how that translates into a group setting. I'll pipe up again when I find that out.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-07 03:58:48  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Yags - Highly resistant or immune to Break from Entomb unlike the Orcs and Quadavs. Difficult pops with SMN boss and a MNK, BLM, BRD and a SAM. Adds and avatar are susceptible to Troub/Night lullaby for simple crowd control. Boss has wind spikes with additional effect of slow similar to Kabandha and is pretty evasive. Our DDs had ~40% hit rate with Marcato Honor March, Blade Madrigal, sushi and a max accuracy gear set. Overall not a bad fight, just takes a while for boss to go down. Recommend more acc buffs, but watch for spike damage. Boss has 2 unique moves, one of which is high damage and AoE silence. Didn't notice anything other than damage from the other one.
To add to this, the Yags are pretty stupidly defensive against magic. My Lunge on the boss did 6 damage. Lol
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-07 04:43:49  
Ok. Confirming killing the Garuda gets rid of the boss's aura along with his high eva boost. Our BLU went from almost almost floored acc to capped acc after killing the Garuda. Also VD adds a NIN Yagudo.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-07 05:24:19  
The only think im really glad about is that it was a good thing for me to tell those people who asked me about marduk Jubbah +1 to wait for this Ambuscade. Probably saved them hours of a pointless grind.
I think the 3 good pieces from this set are the feet the head and body.
Not sure how well the boots do, but the head and body without a doubt are must gets for a WHM.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-07 06:15:02  
Yagudo Boss will Astral Flow every 25%. If after killing the Avatar it repops at low HP%, for example 15%, it'll use as many Astral Flows as it should have done by then, so for example 3 AFs in quick succession if it had repopped at 15% and hadn't used any AFs prior. Thankfully, even on VD, it's not threatening in the least. We do bring a RUN for triple Gelus Valiance, though. We've had Kamaitachi 1-shot a DD a couple times, but that hasn't happened since he stopped using Berserk and watched his defense buffs. Kamaitachi also strips 1 buff. We also use Scherzo, which you should have anyway if you follow my recommendation and bring a BRD for crowd control with T/N lullaby. Also uses some move called "Dark Invocation", but I have no clue what it does. It hits me my RUN for 0 damage, so whatever. The setup we used for VD Intense was RUN BLU BRD GEO WHM Qultada. We reset Soul Voice (not required, but speeds up the fight) in Mhaura while waiting on our turn for entry. We'd have 1 person change, WC, then if it failed, change to their original job so the next WC would reset their 1-hour (can't reset another person's WC). Pretty convenient to do so.

Bed time for me, but think that's all the notes I have.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-06-07 07:08:59  
Noticed that ares isn't in gallantry any more. That's pretty harsh for anyone activating those jobs now, would have expected all the sets to stay in there.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-06-07 07:17:11  
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/June_2016_Version_Update_Changes
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-06-07 11:39:20  
Ok. Confirming killing the Garuda gets rid of the boss's aura along with his high eva boost. Our BLU went from almost almost floored acc to capped acc after killing the Garuda. Also VD adds a NIN Yagudo.
Guess the huge evasion came from Avatar's Favor then :D
He doesn't re-summon Garuda if you kill it?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-07 13:16:33  
He does.

If after killing the Avatar it repops at low HP%, for example 15%, it'll use as many Astral Flows as it should have done by then, so for example 3 AFs in quick succession if it had repopped at 15% and hadn't used any AFs prior. Thankfully, even on VD, it's not threatening in the least. We do bring a RUN for triple Gelus Valiance, though.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-06-07 13:53:08  
Oh missed that, cool.
Guess someone without RUN can go with the "no-shell" plus Scherzo/EA strategy? Worked well back in for VD Avatars as soon as they were released.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-07 13:59:14  
Probably. It shouldn't be doing much damage with just Shell and Baraera, though. If I remember correctly, my BRD mule didn't have Valiance when it popped the triple Astral Flow and he was sitting fine at about 65% HP. It really doesn't seem powerful at all.

Edit: Yeah, looking in logs, my BRD mule in idle set wasn't taking more than 100 damage from Astral Flow, lol. I'd bet it wouldn't even be doing enough damage to be triggering EA/Scherzo without Shell. You shouldn't need EA/Scherzo for AF, but you may for Kamaitachi if it's a single-hit move. Don't actually know for sure if it is.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-06-07 14:50:03  
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
The only think im really glad about is that it was a good thing for me to tell those people who asked me about marduk Jubbah +1 to wait for this Ambuscade. Probably saved them hours of a pointless grind.
Not sure how well the boots do, but the head and body without a doubt are must gets for a WHM.

I would have thought the hands were godly for macc.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-06-07 15:46:57  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »

I would have thought the hands were godly for macc.

The whole set doesn't suck this month.
By Verda 2016-06-07 16:34:58  
For the Antlion fight, Antlion family is weak to light this one isn't an exception. Trueflight works wonderfully on it with a geo support (did 12k to 35k trueflights at ~1k tp depending on if it gets resisted or not and how many waves spawned/killed). Can chain this off another ranger's last stand for big light chains and an extremely quick fight. We stacked on the boss and had a BST AoE the adds, PLD tank the NM and WHM spam curaga and worked great. GEO was also magic bursting off the lights for good added damage. Used dia 2 + abrasion bolt = 30.5% def down, Geo-malaise for 30 mdb down (45 with BoG), indi-fury (48.8% attack up along with velocity shot 24% attack bonus and berserk 25% attack bonus and last stand range had 10% from after glow Anni) and entrust indi-acumen.

I'm sure there's lots of ways to beat it, prob BLU magic bursting their own light chain with Blinding Fulgor would do very well.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2016-06-07 18:15:17  
Vardaman said: »
The bigger antlion seems to take additional damage after each wave of adds. Not sure whether it's the death of the adds or just their spawning that causes it. Didn't pay attention that closely, ha.

As solo on difficult the adds can be taken down reliably by a single spectral floe (moderate gear). Not sure how that translates into a group setting. I'll pipe up again when I find that out.

what is your spell loadout for Traits though, are you doing more of a hybrid set, going full bore on nuking, or just setting Floe in a "standard" DD setup?
By Vardaman 2016-06-07 19:57:46  
fillerbunny9 said: »
what is your spell loadout for Traits though, are you doing more of a hybrid set, going full bore on nuking, or just setting Floe in a "standard" DD setup?

Standard DD setup with spectral floe thrown in. I don't even bother with switching to clubs.

I can't recall how much damage it actually does. Next time I'm out there I'll take better notes, ha.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2016-06-07 20:20:53  
I wish GEO were on this month's set.
Being in range for bubbles, this would be a really cheap and easy oh sh** set. >_<
By Blazed1979 2016-06-07 21:39:48  
On Antilon's ads spectral floe will one shot them with about 11k dmg.
That's also without switching in Nibiru clubs, so no tp loss.

Spell set is your standard DD set, same as posted in the Blu guide thread "Zahak reborn" - just with spectral floe and some other nice to haves like battery charge, cocoon, diamondhide/metalbody
 Bahamut.Dannyl
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-06-07 22:19:46  
I'm glad the event is less annoying this month.
 Cerberus.Aydogan
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2016-06-14 10:54:16  
Hey folks,

I'm hearing a mage setup (SCH, BLMx2) is best for this month's Ambuscade, but I don't have any mage jobs leveled; I have THF, RNG, and BST geared, and could come COR for rolls. Because of this, I'll likely be forming my own groups to accommodate my available jobs. Any recommendations on a good setup that isn't reliant on all mage jobs for damage dealing? I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2016-06-14 10:56:45  
I've been doing Volume 2 VD with Melee all the time

2 DD, 1 Tank, Healer, 2 Support and VD is down in 2 ~4 mins depending on gear of DDs.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-06-14 11:07:08  
You can bring a BRD instead of one of those DD and N/T lullaby its ads for a comparable kill time.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-06-14 11:41:51  
We use melee for the most part on VD.

DD x 2
WHM
Tank
GEO (Frailty + Fury yo)
Open

The last slot can be a BRD, COR, GEO, another melee or whatever. Use barstonra + Shellra V and Gravity Pull shouldn't do more then a few hundred damage, easily remedied with Curaga III / IV. I've done it without a tank but having a dedicated tank makes the fight very smooth and easy. This fight is pretty much just curaga spam while beating it down. As for the adds, they honestly aren't worth our time killing. We've noticed our damage spikes up after killing the second set, but by then the fight was almost over anyway so we just stopped bothering.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-06-14 17:14:20  
I actually found myself preferring Baraera + Barsilencera over Barstonra, due to having to stand in the pile as the WHM.

First couple times I did this fight, I was doing Barstonra + Barsilencera and getting silenced every single fight, sometimes multiple times. After changing to Baraera, it's only happened once in about 25 runs.

I didn't notice any change in damage between Barstonra & Baraera either. In both cases, Gravity Pull warranted Curaga3 and the Quake move he uses right after warranted Curaga2 at best. As long as your WHM is on the ball, there shouldn't be any danger except from the adds killing your WHM. (Even that danger should be low as the WHM should be using Aquaveil for this fight.)
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-06-14 18:04:11  
Gravity Well is neither elemental or even magic/breath. I haven't quite figured it out beyond the split damage, but Wards, One For All, and Elemental Sforzo have no effect on it. DT gear also doesn't seem to help.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-06-14 19:17:45  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Gravity Well is neither elemental or even magic/breath. I haven't quite figured it out beyond the split damage, but Wards, One For All, and Elemental Sforzo have no effect on it. DT gear also doesn't seem to help.

Yeah we started to notice this as well. We figured it was like Quake Blast and split earth damage but now I think it's just AoE non-elemental damage that ignores SDT.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 28 29 30