2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Escha » Reisenjima T4s
Reisenjima T4s
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 45 46 47
By Shichishito 2019-08-02 20:10:28  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
It doesn't matter that you control 3 characters in ff7 it's still a single player game. Number of humans. Solo/duo/trio etc. period.
there is no option for multiboxing in ff7.

if someone says he soloed mob X without mentioning that he runs a multibox then the statement is misleading and helps nobody.
its a bad habit around here and it needs to stop.
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-08-02 20:20:30  
Shichishito said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
It doesn't matter that you control 3 characters in ff7 it's still a single player game. Number of humans. Solo/duo/trio etc. period.
there is no option for multiboxing in ff7.

if someone says he soloed mob X without mentioning that he runs a multibox then the statement is misleading and helps nobody.
its a bad habit around here and it needs to stop.
I soloed Aeonics and Dyna D's with my LS.
[+]
By Afania 2019-08-02 21:57:47  
DirectX said: »
I would guess your bigger issue is doing damage when you only have a melee DD.

Zerde is very much doable with one single melee.

Bismarck.Sterk said: »
I'm wondering if anyone knows if Zerde has any form of Regain to make a Mewing Lullaby/SA WS strategy viable?

Have you watch Ejiins 5 man melee video? He explained setup and buffs quite clearly.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-08-03 01:17:57  
Killed it with our own setup. SV Threnody, Sabo/Stymie Frazzle 3, Entrust Languor, Boost-INT and Pear Crepe were enough to land stun on my GEO with her crappily auged FC Merlinic. Now for what's probably the hardest NM we'll need to kill with our setup. <.<
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-08-03 08:56:11  
grats, but gotta agree if you've got a good brd who with nitro for first sleep, and super revit for a 2nd one if needed, Vini will be much easier than Zerde or Schah...assuming all 3 are melee'ed.

I think you'll find Vinipata easier than expected.
 Asura.Sirris
サーバ: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-08-03 09:13:54  
Ejin's video is neat but man that method sucks compared to summoner strat. 2 SMNs can carry 2 full parties of players in under 60 seconds total with RDM Chainspell Stun, very low risk and you can bring leeches.

Vini is super easy, just a matter of sleeping adds really.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-08-03 09:49:07  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
grats, but gotta agree if you've got a good brd who with nitro for first sleep, and super revit for a 2nd one if needed, Vini will be much easier than Zerde or Schah...assuming all 3 are melee'ed.

^ this. Vinipata isn't as bad as you think. Especially if you're meleeing. Just make sure to use things like Barfira/Baramnesra, Fire Carol, Odyllic Subterfuge, Vex/Attune (only if you have extra geo, torpor/frailty more important), asylum, Moneta's Tonic, etc.

You can kill him in less than 60 seconds with good DD :)

I personally find Schah/Vini to be the easiest of all. They're just straight forward zergs.
By Afania 2019-08-03 11:34:58  
Asura.Sirris said: »
Ejin's video is neat but man that method sucks compared to summoner strat. 2 SMNs can carry 2 full parties of players in under 60 seconds total with RDM Chainspell Stun, very low risk and you can bring leeches.

Vini is super easy, just a matter of sleeping adds really.

He didnt say melee is better, just doable.

God forbid people play melee because they want to or dont want to gear smn. I like how "smn" repeatly pop here after someone asked for lowman melee setup advice lol.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-08-03 11:43:02  
Its been said a thousand times and I don't want to degrade a thread where someone asks for help into a "SMN is bad" thread, but it may bear repeating for someone attempting such low-man strats.

SMN burns attempt to defeat a target before it is able to process its own logic and actually fight back. Melee burns on the large scale attempt the same thing but do have to deal with some aspects of the target due to higher TP feed to the mob, and usually take just a bit longer.

A paced win on a target allows the mob to process where it is in the fight and retaliate with its "gimmicks" or tactics, and thus require the party/alliance to find ways to deal with those mechanics.

I'm not gonna get on the high horse and say one is better than the other. I'm only gonna say that all tactics result in the same thing: a win. So whatever your group's personnel allows for easiest is the way to go. Or after a few rounds, whatever your group desires to attempt based on "favorite style" or just to have fun are also very viable and certainly doable.

So how 'bout instead of just throwing down the "just SMN burn it" card every time someone asks for help, y'all let those with experience doing it the way the OP desires help out?
By Afania 2019-08-03 11:47:19  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Vini is naraka I think they take reduced piercing dmg?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-08-03 11:48:54  
In addition to the differences in battle flow, self-imposed limitations are the only thing that can make this game hard for competent players. Trying something new and potentially being challenged might be more interesting than clicking AFAC on your 10th Aeonic when you still won't have anything challenging to use it on.

The only reason SMN burn wasn't nerfed is because it saved SE the work of weakening T4 to make them casual accessible. Make no mistake, it's the equivalent of the massive nerf every other content has received, it just occured more organically.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-08-03 11:50:13  
Yeah, but Banish III should help it take decent damage, unless NMs' special defense gets lowered less than on normal mobs from Banish.
Honestly the biggest issue we've found so far is that Scarletite Ingots are really rare on this server and we went 0/8 on Tenzen dropping one last night. <.<
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-08-03 19:18:00  
Managed to take it down with our crappy setup. Pretty cool that a THF can solo DD an entire Aeonic with no Idris and no COR rolls.

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-03 20:02:41  
I would really like to see the/a video of you doing schah, with that setup

It must've been pretty hectic with time and adds.
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-08-03 20:12:42  
It took us a few tries with a couple time outs, but the win was with 2 or 3 mins left. Don't know if I'd be able to record since I'm on a crappy laptop and triple boxing. Can't even run Youtube videos at 60 fps.
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-08-03 20:38:59  
No Idris, no Epeolatry, no Yagrush. My characters, thf rdm and brd, were perfect though, minus brd t/n gear. Because reasons. edit: and turms body+1 and legs+1. Small server is small.

We wiped a few times because largely there are no guides on how to tackle the nms with our specific setup and lacking super buffs. Had to learn as we go.

Now to make it harder by looking for a buyer and increasing its hp a little. Get on that man. Hell, get 2 buyers. I'll just rudra harder next time.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-03 20:42:43  
Should've definitely been using that Vajra / Mandallic in that scenario though!
[+]
 Valefor.Darvis
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Darvis 2019-08-03 22:11:40  
Congrats! Always like seeing this sort of thing.
By tyalangan 2019-08-04 07:30:41  
Bismarck.Ihinaa said: »
We wiped a few times because largely there are no guides on how to tackle the nms with our specific setup and lacking super buffs. Had to learn as we go.

Will you be updating guides (BG discussion page, etc.) with your low-man approach? I am very curious of the strategies, decisions, and gear choices used to Rudras through some of these.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-08-04 11:21:15  
Only automation on RUN WHM GEO was GEO stunning Zerde.
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-08-04 17:53:18  
I do have auto-cure'ing scripts I wrote on both my brd and rdm, but they go on and off depending on what we're fighting and what happens in each fight. Most of the time, I'm alt-tabbing between 2 characters, and let the third one be automated. The one that's automated can change several times within the same fight though. Besides, good ol' Erinys.

tyalangan said: »
Will you be updating guides (BG discussion page, etc.) with your low-man approach? I am very curious of the strategies, decisions, and gear choices used to Rudras through some of these.

Step-by-step? Not really. At least not from me. That's just contributing to the problem FFXI has in general. Need specific setups and using specific strategies. Just go fight it, take a wipe, see what went wrong and try again while trying to fix it. If you're getting amnesia'd too much, use fire carol, stunned too much, use lightning carol, etc. Sleep what needs to be slept, make it as harmless as possible and make good use of your pdt/mdt/meva set.
By tyalangan 2019-08-04 19:55:14  
I think that was my main thought was if you were TPing in DT sets and still laying enough damage as the lone DD to kill in time.
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-08-04 23:11:20  
I'm pretty against posting 'do this and win' information, but since you're just curious, I'll share a few things.

I was in normal TP gear almost the entire time. Only need pdt/mdt/meva gear when it uses a tp move(often) or turns to you(rare). BGWiki has a list of all their abilities and whether it's physical or magical.

This is all from the perspective of muh thf: I had to /nin for Albumen because of his counter; helps when it turns to you and you're swinging away at it as fast as a thf does, and also when you do drive-by TAWSs. Erinys, Onychophora and Teles were all cake; you kill it the same way you kill it with larger groups. Schah adds mostly die in 2-3 WS, so just cure bomb your way through their tp moves and pray you don't get amnesia'd. Non-Bhatas take a few more WSs, and queen piece take even more. Charm buffer on the queen piece, then rudra Schah to death and hope you make it in time. For Vinipata, just keep Scherzo on and run out when it uses its aoe doom. For Zerde, once you get by the constant stuns, you'll be fine. I was a little surprised that dagger was doing full damage to it. Stacked WSs were hitting for 50k~ when fully buffed.
 Asura.Kalimairo
user: kalimairo
By Asura.Kalimairo 2019-08-05 00:08:24  
Afania said: »
DirectX said: »
I would guess your bigger issue is doing damage when you only have a melee DD.

Zerde is very much doable with one single melee.

Bismarck.Sterk said: »
I'm wondering if anyone knows if Zerde has any form of Regain to make a Mewing Lullaby/SA WS strategy viable?

Have you watch Ejiins 5 man melee video? He explained setup and buffs quite clearly.

YouTube Video Placeholder

at least hide ur NO ja, No knock back. and its clearly not you healing.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-08-05 00:27:18  
You do realise how hard it is to successfully 5 man Melee Zerde, let alone 5 box it. Just give the dude credit he deserves. I don't see you doing this anytime soon.

He was manually curing as you can easily tell.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-08-05 00:37:49  
Bismarck.Ihinaa said: »
No Idris, no Epeolatry, no Yagrush. My characters, thf rdm and brd, were perfect though, minus brd t/n gear. Because reasons. edit: and turms body+1 and legs+1. Small server is small.

Now to make it harder by looking for a buyer and increasing its hp a little. Get on that man. Hell, get 2 buyers. I'll just rudra harder next time.

The smaller your group is, the lower the requirements get. Having a small party is a benefit, not a hindrance. (Geas-fete scaling is *** dumb)

The fewer players you have, the less necessary Yagrush is. Only 1 fight even remotely demands a yagrush anyways (Albumen).

You can kill almost all these without a GEO at all. You have a RDM and a BRD. RDM fixes accuracy problems and lowers the march requirement by 1 for haste cap.

Idris is not required while meleeing because you're not trying to kill it before you run out of canduit. You can run a melee fight out until the end of the timer so the buffs are just helpful and not necessary.

Epeo is not even remotely required for HELMs, none of them hit very hard.

Congrats, good luck on the rest.
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-08-05 03:34:39  
Maybe I'll put on a bronze knife since my goal was to impress you 'n all.
[+]
 Asura.Kalimairo
user: kalimairo
By Asura.Kalimairo 2019-08-05 03:55:06  
Asura.Shiraj said: »
You do realize (fixed it for you) how hard it is to successfully 5 man Melee Zerde, let alone 5 box it. Just give the dude credit he deserves. I don't see you doing this anytime soon.

He was manually curing as you can easily tell.
i do realize but why is he lying.
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 45 46 47