Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-14 13:04:55  
Sylph.Systematicchaos said: »
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I still can't see why people think an increase in supply will increase prices. It makes no economic sense.
Yeah. Prices are going to drop, and hard. On Sylph, I bought about 1k alex at 5k this week. And bought some for 6k. There's a lot of alex on the market, maybe not at a given time of day when someone has gone on a buying spree, but overall supply is large, and is about to grow astronomically. I expect alex to be around 3k when this is all said and done.

I can't see prices dropping that much. It still requires people are willing to farm and sell it for 3k. If you could farm 120 alex in 30 minutes and sell it for 360k, would you do that, or would you find something else to do for more money? When you look at it as though people are sitting there waiting for the remnants permit to farm more, suddenly it becomes 360k for an hour.
Is there still a cap on the number of instances per zone?
 Ragnarok.Anina
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anina
By Ragnarok.Anina 2015-05-14 13:05:24  
You obtain the Azure KI after beating Siren in Yuhtunga Jungle. Mission is called "The Lost Avatar"
 Cerberus.Avalon
サーバ: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-14 13:10:27  
Ragnarok.Anina said: »
You obtain the Azure KI after beating Siren in Yuhtunga Jungle. Mission is called "The Lost Avatar"

Thank you! I assume this is soloable?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-05-14 13:16:35  
You can engage it and go afk until it dies
 Ragnarok.Anina
user: Anina
By Ragnarok.Anina 2015-05-14 13:16:38  
very much so. i was thf/blm and barely took any damage
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-05-14 13:50:37  
Sylph.Systematicchaos said: »
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I still can't see why people think an increase in supply will increase prices. It makes no economic sense.
Yeah. Prices are going to drop, and hard. On Sylph, I bought about 1k alex at 5k this week. And bought some for 6k. There's a lot of alex on the market, maybe not at a given time of day when someone has gone on a buying spree, but overall supply is large, and is about to grow astronomically. I expect alex to be around 3k when this is all said and done.

I can't see prices dropping that much. It still requires people are willing to farm and sell it for 3k. If you could farm 120 alex in 30 minutes and sell it for 360k, would you do that, or would you find something else to do for more money? When you look at it as though people are sitting there waiting for the remnants permit to farm more, suddenly it becomes 360k for an hour.

You underestimate the stupidity of players. I see someone, a well-known player from a big LS on Sylph, who would farm Dynamis, and then sell currency at the lowest possible undercut price (1-1.5k below average).

I've been buying alex for the last week between 5-6k. It's definitely going to fall from there.
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2015-05-14 14:14:23  
People are being over the top. Who the even farms dynamis on a daily basis? Theres much better gil/h to be made. If you do, most people are buzzing to get out by the 2h mark. I can see currency dropping a bit because of RMT get whipped if they don't do their 12h shift farming but I cant see most players doing it to drop prices drastically
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-14 15:13:51  
Verda said: »
Dukenukem said: »
I just realised that because of this update I could do a 1 hour Dyna and not feel like I'm wasting a run because I can come back later and still be able to go.

A question on that, doesn't proc chance still depend on the number of TE's killed? So even if you left after an hour and came back wouldn't you still have to redo the TE huntdown/smackdown? So I'm basically saying yah you can now, but isn't is still less efficient?
Not only that, but if you are trying to farm white procs, it would be impossible to do so without farming TEs over and over again.
By Dukenukem 2015-05-14 15:16:46  
True but still if something were to come up I could leave Dyna for something like an LS event and come back to it later because I wouldn't be completely wasting the run. I can get all TEs in like 5-10 min so I don't consider it to be that big of a deal.
 Siren.Fattynoob
サーバ: Siren
user: Dreamasky
By Siren.Fattynoob 2015-05-14 15:17:25  
currencies will all crash. alex and dynamis. sell now while you can. soon it won't even be worth farming, it already hasn't been worth doing dynamis for a long time, a few weeks and alex also will not be worth it.

simple economics. sell now, re-buy twice the amount later.
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2015-05-14 16:20:12  
Siren.Fattynoob said: »
soon it won't even be worth farming

Contradicting yourself there
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-05-14 16:50:32  
Dynamis will easily drop in value as a source of Gil. Other than Aegis and Gjallahorn, nothing else in there beside relic armor is worth a damn.

Regardless of the reduced entry time for Salvage, Mythic weapons still remain the most time demanding weapons in game (not considering the time it may take to collect cinders/dross for Emps).

Sure, some people may feel more encouraged to obtaining one as they won't have to look towards months of Salvage/Assaults/Nyzul Isle etc, but they will still have to grind through the same amount of hours as before.

Imo, Alexandrite will not experience the same drop in value as Dynamis currencies, nor will it experience a steep increase in value. After a short time, price will probably stabilize to a reasonable price; reasonable for both farmers interested in selling and those interested in collecting.

What I am mostly uncertain of is what other means of Gil income SE has in mind for us, as it even backstabbed crafts by easing skill gain rate (and perhaps rendering even the latest upgrade mats for armor outdated). Either it's planning on completely devaluing Gil, making raw materials (alex/dyna/mats etc.) easier to obtain, or we are in for something completely new and still otw.

My guess, given SE i pulling the plug on major updates, would be Gil will soon become worthless.
[+]
 Siren.Fattynoob
user: Dreamasky
By Siren.Fattynoob 2015-05-14 17:09:34  
Alex is still sort of worthwhile farming. If you got nothing better to do anyway and have a very lucky run. 800k for 1 hour is not worthwhile to me. Mules and casuals will be in salvage all day looking for that easy money. Revisit this thread in a month, we'll see where it's at.

Should I make a separate sentence for each? I think the rest of the sentence clarifies this if you have any reading comprehension skill. however, I apologize for the discrepancy.

You just showed how political reporters work with their half quotes out of context. I think we found a new job for ya homie! :)

I make millions daily in reives. I don't see them killing gil, just the ease of how it was obtained by casuals/mules.
 Sylph.Staleyx
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-05-14 17:12:42  
Very curious how you make millions in reives?
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2015-05-14 17:13:08  
Maybe I'm just half HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, which is likely, but where does it say dyna and salvage are immediate reentry? I looked through twice and didn't see it mentioned.

...course, I did just finish finals week, so I am pretty *** up right now...
[+]
 Bismarck.Inference
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2015-05-14 17:17:02  
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46977
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-05-14 17:32:58  
Sylph.Staleyx said: »
Very curious how you make millions in reives?
I dunno the droprates but Skirmish parts sell pretty well.
 Leviathan.Mckeag
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2015-05-14 17:48:04  
Lol game just went easy mode. Wonder how many people will have all mythic/relic etc by the time November comes.
 Asura.Tot
By Asura.Tot 2015-05-14 18:17:34  
unless auto bots / RMT get perma fixed, supply will never fall while demand will go away very fast hence a price drop / cant even sell

dynamis currency will be the new pluton's only the actual player base wont be the suppliers

and if bots/ rmt do get taken care of then prices will be set by actual players at a take it or leave it rate
 Cerberus.Jiko
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2015-05-14 23:38:35  
Much appreciated for the link.

I must had missed it in my half-asleep stupor.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-05-15 00:15:27  
Annihilator is no longer worth it. It's quite strong, but RNGs should be shifting over to bows instead, now. Jishnu's is just a stronger WS, and without having to worry about hate anymore, it's come back into favor. Yoichi isn't bad, but a well-augmented alluvion skirmish bow is a fair bit ahead.

Basically, relics have gone back to only Aegis and Ghorn being worth it.
[+]
By Elazar1 2015-05-15 12:52:12  
Gun is still great if you want it make, Coro to coro is still used a lot for darkness.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-05-15 12:55:12  
The nice thing about gun is that you have elemental WS options as well as physical, so that's something to think about if you think that's useful for you.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-15 12:56:17  
Elazar1 said: »
Gun is still great if you want it make, Coro to coro is still used a lot for darkness.

Coronach is most definitely (still) useful...

Yes, I get that Phaosphaelia is the latest and greatest (with the correct augments) and spamming Jishnu's Radiance is back by popular demand, but given how many times we've almost wiped in Vagary due to incessant demonstrations of e-peen by the RNGs, I'm inclined to keep rooting for the marksmanship RNG's.
[+]
By geigei 2015-05-15 13:14:52  
Actually is light.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-05-15 13:25:25  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
Annihilator is no longer worth it. It's quite strong, but RNGs should be shifting over to bows instead, now. Jishnu's is just a stronger WS, and without having to worry about hate anymore, it's come back into favor. Yoichi isn't bad, but a well-augmented alluvion skirmish bow is a fair bit ahead.

Basically, relics have gone back to only Aegis and Ghorn being worth it.

When I spreadsheet it out, I get Phaosphelia with perfect augments ahead of Yoichi's by 0-3%, depending on the usual variables, and Anni behind by 5-15%. Perfect augments on a weapon are tough, in my experience. If you need the accuracy relic bow is better, too, so there's that.

Anni and Yoichi are still worth a look, especially since the new Dyna entry makes relics extremely easy to make. Hangaku-no-Yumi is also worth a look, seeing as how it's so obtainable.