フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » The Last Dance II: The Show Must Go On
The Last Dance II: The Show Must Go On
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 80 81 82
 Carbuncle.Skudo
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-08-10 07:42:10  
Lustratio and Adhemar are passable upgrades, but well-augmented Taeon armour, as well as appropriately augmented Rawhide armour will leave you with a very strong DNC.

Armoury from Escha - Ru'Aun and Sinister Reign more or less just lets you "skip" Taeon armour and its tedious augmenting. Taeon might be prevailing in some slots still, especially for Evisceration, but we now have a non-Taeon setup that's not completely inferior.

Edit: Because this might read like Taeon is completely superior still... it is not. Having Adhemar and Lustratio (mostly Adhemar) improves DNC by quite a bit (ballpark of +10% more damage output). My point is that not having it does not leave DNC in a horrible state, as long as you have Taeon + Rawhide. Especially Taeon gets to keep its use cases where you need even more Dual Wield. Which is rare, to be honest.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-08-10 08:27:10  
***doth be on. HQ gives better augments than NQ to the tune of a 1/3 boost.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-08-10 08:44:39  
Seeing how small the differences between unaugmented Adhemar and Adhemar +1 is, I can see HQ augments being significantly stronger. Especially since Kheper and Khepri had a decent gap between them when unaugmented.

But then, "reverting" to 2004 (?) HQ rates for Jinxed gear has made me wonder if the augments end up being insignificantly different, as well. I guess we might see soon, seeing that someone already has crafted jinxed gamashes.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-08-10 09:21:43  
I bet Adhemar +1 augments could be as much as:
Path A: 15 AGI 15 DEX 20 Acc
Path B: 15 STR 15 DEX 20 Attack
Path C: 15 AGI 20 Racc 20 Ratt

They might go up to 25 on the extra stats, but I kinda doubt it. For base stats, I bet they'll be either 12 or 15, and 15 would be more in line with the koenig->kaiser boost (+33-50%).
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-10 10:03:35  
HQ Augments being better (and THIS MUCH better) than NQ augments is really a kick in the balls.
Wonder if they gonna change it in the future, feels really unfair considering how scarce on the market these HQ pieces will be.

On the other hand though, this could mean high availability of cheap NQ, which would play in favour of many of us I suppose.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-08-10 10:55:34  
Honestly it almost makes me want to resub. Also makes me wonder how strong the set bonus will be.

Previous sets are probably not informative, but:
Skadi (NQ): I don't really remember, but I think it was +5% only when wearing all 5 pieces
Athos's: 3% for the first two pieces and then +1% for every piece after that (6% max)
Mustela: 5% only when wearing all 5 pieces.
Skadi +1: 3% for the first two pieces and then +2% for every piece after that (9% max)
Espial : +10% critical hit damage only when wearing all 5 pieces
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-10 18:17:54  
Adhemar +1 augments:

Path A: 12 AGI 12 DEX 20 Acc
Path B: 12 STR 12 DEX 20 Attack
Path C: 12 AGI 20 Racc 20 Ratt

Don't know D yet.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-08-10 19:32:17  
kk, the spreadsheet now knows about Adhemar +1 A15/B15 augments. For when you feel like seeing how you'd do with stuff made of unobtainium (or if you happen to have stuff made of unobtainium).

https://goo.gl/tk10gx
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-08-10 21:27:04  
Bah, it's too bad. Lustratio +1 is going to be borderline easy to obtain, but Ademhar +1 is going to be borderline impossible.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-08-13 11:33:06  
Kincard posted the set bonuses for the HQ Abjurations:
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112776-Dev-Tracker-Findings-Posts-%28NO-DISCUSSION%29?p=6493795&viewfull=1#post6493795

Adhemar gets +4/6/8/10% Critical Hit Rate
Lustratio gets +4/6/8/10% WS damage

Also, Lustratio +1 augments:
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/126248-Escha-Ru-Aun-thread?p=6493830#post6493830
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-19 02:46:01  
So, now that we know more about Lustratio's augments and set bonus, thoughts on these 5 pieces for DNC?

Different WSs? (Pyrric, Evisceration, Rudra)
Different augments? (which one to pick on each slot?)

Body probably ain't too great, but you can put a small amount of dex on it and it has a big amount of STR and Attack, so considering the 2% additional WS damage if you go 5/5, body as well might become nice at least for Rudra.

I'm also getting the feeling that 5/5 Lustratio +1 lowers the TP treshold at which Rudra becomes better than other WS options.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-20 10:24:00  
Urat published the 4 augment paths of the JSE Dagger for DNC.
The 5% DW is a pro/con depending on party/solo play I guess (but with trusts at play... we could say it's a con in the majority of situations).

The augments are interesting to say the least and the waltz-2 is really sexy.

Pure DPS wise it's better than Perf augs Taming Sari, but of course that doesn't take into consideration the additional stats bonus on Sari.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-08-20 12:28:28  
Enchufla seems to be mediocre, even with all those augments. Waltz recast -2 is nice, but if anything, that's for something niche-y like Waltzes spam during Trance.

Its main use case is when you need Dual Wield somewhere to cap delay reduction without having to resort to Taeon/Maculele +1, because Adhemar B15 is just such a huge increase in most slots.

As for Lustratio +1, I haven't given it much thought yet. ***, I haven't even checked what the Lustratio augments are. Even though I had wanted to update the spreadsheet the other day...

Time to check that.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-08-20 12:58:59  
You know the drill: https://goo.gl/tk10gx

I haven't got the set bonuses to work automagically yet, so you need to hammer them in manually in the "Custom" fields in order to know how sexy Adhemar +1 really is. Or in order to know how good Lustratio +1 is for Rudra's Storm. (I haven't checked that yet. But soon...)

Edit: This is the best I can come up with for Rudra's Storm at 1000 TP. So if someone wants to 1-up me, more power to them!

Edit #2: In this particular case, it seems like Rudra's Storm breaks even to Pyrrhic Kleos at about 1350 TP (1600 effective TP). Not to be generalised though.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-08-20 13:14:52  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Different augments? (which one to pick on each slot?)

Cap A15 or D15, Subligar A15 or D15, Leggings D15. I personally don't think Harness or Mittens can break Adhemar B15 NQ, even with the set bonus. That's without knowing their D15 paths, to be fair.

That is assuming that you're using Lustratio +1. If you only have NQ Lustratio, the only really worthwhile piece to get would be Lustratio Subligar, assuming you have access to Adhemar. The differences between Adhemar and Lustratio (+1) are mostly negligible; it's the set bonus that lets Lustratio +1 pull ahead for Rudra's Storm.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-08-20 13:22:12  
Terpsichore's advantage over Taming Sari largely relies on its boost to Pyrrhic Kleos, rather than AM3. The closer other WSs get, the more troubled Terpsichore will be.

For instance, at the moment I get Taming Sari / Taming Sari spamming Evisceration is better than Terpsichore / Taming Sari (without AM3) spamming Pyrrhic Kleos (by a hair). With AM3, the Terpsichore combination pulls ahead by 12%, but AM3 isn't free. We're back in that "AM3 activation debate" range again.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-08-20 13:54:13  
I personally don't (didn't) use Terpsichore while getting CP; I use Taming Sari (with mediocre augments) + Atoyac instead. I found that while self-Darkness can fail sometimes, due to an annoying Qultada, it led to fewer CP chains breaking due to my *** up mindset of having to reapply AM3. Which usually goes well, especially on bats, but on other stuff, there can be quite a few blowouts.

So I'm pretty much "only" using my Terpsichore where stuff doesn't die in 20 seconds. Namely Escha NMs and Sinister Reign for me these days.

The deal with Taming Sari + Taming Sari is that Arciela is a stingy bitc^wprincess who's giving me more Ochu and capped Enticer's Pants instead of a useful dagger. I don't want to imagine the "need" of getting two with useful augments, let alone capped augments.
[+]
 Bahamut.Flareon
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Flareon
By Bahamut.Flareon 2015-08-20 18:28:56  
Wondering if any of you already got Grunfeld Rope (DEF:9 STR+5 DEX+5 Accuracy+10 Attack+20 "Double Attack"+2%). Its from Escha Ru'Aun T2s, but i don't remember if Yilan or Amymone...

Anyway, according to my spreadsheet it's the best option for Rudra's Storm in either capped or uncapped attack above Wanion and Artful +1.

Any regards?
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-08-20 18:33:54  
I can't imagine it outdoing Wanion when ATK is capped, but I can see it pull ahead easily uncapped.

Also, I'm amazing for adding things to the spreadsheet without remembering them.

Edit: I forgot caro necklace though...

Edit #2: Now that thing knows about Caro Necklace!
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-21 01:38:41  
Carbuncle.Skudo said: »
Arciela is a stingy bitc^wprincess who's giving me more Ochu and capped Enticer's Pants instead of an useful dagger.
Don't you dare to complain!
Over 40 Arciela kills and I've seen only a SINGLE Taming Sari, with an awesome augment of +2 STR.
No Ochu whatsoever. Only crappy Enticer Pants and 2 perfectly augmented Witched Robes >__>

I keep getting perf augs Witched Robes from Arciela and perf augs WHM hands from Ingrid (saw 2 of those already)

I'm gonna do more tests on the Enchufla btw.
I have no doubt at all that perf aug Taming Sari (arguably even unaugmented Taming Sari) is going to be better, but luck and RNGs can be stingy at times, and Enchufla looks like a nice alternative option. "mediocre" seems an ungrateful adjective for it to me, but I might be disproved by numbers.
I'm a bit worried about the DW+5% hurting damage too much when you're hastecapped, but other than that it looks like a nice option, while still inferior to others (Terps/Taming to name 2)
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-08-21 17:30:53  
Very, very generalised "facts" about Enchufla:

* Enchufla is a useful main-hand upgrade from dual-wielding Nibiru C15, if you adjust your gear accordingly.
* Enchufla is not significantly stronger than a completely unaugmented Taming Sari.
* Enchufla/Enchufla never seems to be as strong as or stronger than Enchufla/Nibiru.
* At anything lower than Haste II + Haste Samba, filling up DW with Enchufla instead of replacing Adhemar is "better", unless you have 1/2 good Taming Sari.
* Enchufla does not come with with any WSC pre-augments. (Duh.)

All that pretty much makes Enchufla a decent upgrade to Nibiru C, the previous top-contender, so "mediocre" might indeed have been a bit ungrateful. Just a little bit, because even a halfway decent Taming Sari is capable of outdoing Enchufla, and seeing how stupid SE has gone with giving T2 NMs so many different dorps, it might take you a while until you see 1-2 of those, too. I personally haven't seen a lot of job-specific weapons. My Akademos is waiting for me still...

*** you, Hanbi.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-21 17:46:01  
Yeah weapon drop rate is low compared to abj, and not enough drop slots.
Still, luck can *** you up with taming sari too, if you're called Sechs.
 Carbuncle.Conini
user: Conini
By Carbuncle.Conini 2015-08-21 18:49:13  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Yeah weapon drop rate is low compared to abj, and not enough drop slots.
Still, luck can *** you up with taming sari too, if you're called Sechs.

Lol... 40? Skudo can attest to this: When I shout for SR, I typically will do about 6-?? runs daily... I think once there was about a 7 hour period of spamming SR with my linkshell... and the best Taming Sari i've seen -ever- is DMG +3 STR +2 DEX +5 I would have to say I'm at least over 90 Arciela kills

You think you have it bad, but you don't~

[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-08-21 19:01:33  
I've killed Arci v2 about 6 or so times now and the best Taming Sari I've seen is DMG+8, DEX and STR + some q.q;

Where is my capped augment one? FFXI, y u no leik me? etc.

Also, I'm @4/5 Transitory abjurations to desynth my Khepri gear and then probably NQ my way to Adhemar stuff;
 Odin.Ladyrikku
サーバ: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2015-08-22 09:10:36  
Just got my (Sadly for now) NQ Adhemar Jacket today.

Path D for Body is:
HP+80
Fast Cast+7
Magic Damaged Taken -3%

(Pretty shitty for Dnc)
By Wordspoken 2015-08-22 14:30:16  
How many FC+7 pieces DNC get again? Of course magic casting is low priority, but for those times you go nin,run,etc, you know?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-08-22 14:32:54  
Dread Jupon is also a FC+7 body, so the NQ Adhemar isn't useful for that purpose.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-08-22 22:12:24  
Taming Sari with D+14, STR+9, DEX+8

... getting closer

NIN friend got a max Taming Sari on the same Arciela that gave me a max Ochu. ffff

Just noticed that Taming Sari is the only drop from Arciela v2 that I don't already have with max augments.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-08-22 22:22:21  
Go away, Byrth. ;_;

I meant "Congratulations, Byrth". Damn typos. These keys are way too close to each other.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-08-22 22:26:50  
So, for Dancer from this event:
Leyline Gloves (Arciela v1) - Best Fast Cast hands
Samnuha Tights (Teodor) - TP build
Lilitu Headpiece (Morimar) - Stopgap PK headpiece for me, at least
Taming Sari (Arciela v2) - Great dagger
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 80 81 82